Do you think Steven Universe's story would be told better if it were a video game franchise...

Do you think Steven Universe's story would be told better if it were a video game franchise? And I don't mean Attack of the Light, I mean a full console game, like Kingdom Hearts or Dark Cloud or Paper Mario.

>released in episodic form
>half-life 3 length hiatuses

>console
dropped

No.

Video games are a shit-tier medium for storytelling. In fact, "great story" when applied to video game is almost always code for "I liked the cinematics". Meaning, from a storytelling perspective, you're better off dumping the whole interactive game aspect and just turning it into a video.

absolutely not

>short 15 min episodes can easily vary the main character, tone, message, etc

this works well for a show with a lot of characters and heavy on the message/moral of the story

>games, especially console: emphasis on long, singular stories and style

i really dont see how you could tell the breadth of stories in a video game and honestly I dont see what advantage it has whatsoever in this case

This

No. Why would it?

>Implying need more social justice in the gaming industry.

Kingdom hearts is even slower about getting anywhere in the story than SU

When exactly is 3 coming out again

It'd be told better if there were more villains for the Gems to fight. Give some of them backstory that involves the Gems to make things more interesting

Fuck that mate, make it like SNES Era Dragon Quest.

No.

no

>I have never played an RPG

> Bioshock
> Dragon Quest
> Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
> LISA: The Painful

What are you trying to say?

he's trying to tell you that he's big brad-t

I'm trying to say that those games (series) have bomb ass stories, and the way they are told through the method of video games is the best way to tell that story.
Go play LISA and tell me otherwise.

i think singular episodes would work really good as games
>the test
>steven floats
>winter forecast
>gem drill
>hit the diamond

It really depends on the type of story being told. Some stories work better in video games, some work better in tv shows.

>A medium is shit-tier for storytelling because people use it wrong, and force in aspects of film that don't fit.

Is this a genuine Rebbie Suggy?

This I can only count a handful of games, of the hundreds I've played, with a rich and good story/narration.
I can see why some cartoons 'could' actually make good games (I'd say AT.), but I really don't see why Steven would be one of them.

All I can imagine when I think of SU as a video game is Undertale. Same themes, same audience, same amount of appraisal.

This.
Just read the comic adaptation of MGS2.

>but I really don't see why Steven would be one of them

What? SU could make a top tier RPG.
Just make it about the gems venturing off to an unknown environment trying to catch a corrupted gem.

>steven universe
Dropped

Nearly any cartoon with fighting in it could make a great RPG, user.
OP's point is IF that would make SU 'better'.
And the answer is no

Not to mention, video game writing is absolute garbage.

No. Nothing it does would benefit or work well in a player based method of storytelling.