What was the purpose of this scene?

Seriously. It's fucking bizarre.

youtube.com/watch?v=bnh6ZDKOVOI

hate to break it to you dog but you're a brainlet

Hook is a Sup Forums + Sup Forums
Smee is going to jail. Check his cell phone texts.

Hasn't Hook not seen Pan in like fucking 30 years? Why the fuck is he still going on about him

It might just be that he's fucking crazy.

Hook and Pan were Ahab and the whale. Without Pan to hate, to chase, to fight...Hook had nothing else to live for. In Neverland time never moves forward and without his constant struggle Hook was stuck in limbo.

This.

No Pan = no Hook

it means Robin Williams killed himself

non OP bump.

Lets talk about the word building inside Neverland. Like, do they have an economy? Imports/exports?
Do the adults go to work besides pirating?

>Do the adults go to work besides pirating?

They're not actual pirates, they're the metaphysical concept of pirates. Faerie avatars of ideas. Who would they pirate? How would they recoup the huge casualties after every fight?

this the director added it as a tribute

Rufio says it in the movie when Peter shows up for the first time, he says, "All adults are pirates. We kill pirates."

It's a fantasy world based on a child's perception, so obviously there aren't going to be economics and government. The kids just see all adults as enemies, trying to ruin their fun.

So is the world "real", as in tangible?
Doesn't Rufio die, that doesnt sound fun.

30 years later he's still minus one hand. You don't forgive and forget that.

How is Hook not the good guy?

To show that Hook has grown manic-depressive in his isolation with no purpose in Never Land and that's why he really needs this final battle with Pan.

Key is Smee going
>Oh not again...
So he keeps doing this every once in a while, getting down in the dumps.

I think that's debateable, I see it more as a dream-state than an actual, tangible world. When the lost boys eat their dinner with Peter for the first time, he realizes that they don't actually eat anything, they just imagine a delicious feast.

Gimme a hand will you?

I already have.

its their source material in any of the many renditions of anything Pan related?

I'm suddenly fascinated with how the world works

that ship set looks amazing

It actually looks better than the Never Never Land sets where the Lost Boys live, which look a bit naff.

God damn it, why does all the food in Hook look so delicious? It's not just the famous imaginary feast with Peter and the Lost Boys, the stuff Smee is munching on there while Hook rants looks tasty as fuck and makes me feel hungry.

This performance cemented Hoffman's range. Kill yourself if you dislike any part of this.

MYYYYYY JACK!

tfw thought smee was phil collins for years

Hook is comfy as fuck

Shut the fuck up you virgin autist.

Is it confirmed that the actors subversively played the two up as gay old queens?

...My Jack!

RUN HOME JACK!

REVERSE THAT

I'm a lawyer

I've lost my marbles

Might have to watch this movie drunk tomorrow night. Gonna bring a lotta feels and nostalgia. Good stuff. What a fantastic movie.

>Agreed to a preposterous plan, an absurd war... And now I'm BOUND to uphold the manufactured dignity of the vile Jew, to hide his true face from the oblivious masses until he's ready to strike like the serpent he is and put an end to the noble White race once and for all!

Who greenlit this? Jesus Christ, Spielberg.

This is lame when you try it with other non Raimi Spider-Man films. Feels like when a TV show introduces a new character that's a ripoff of another show's most popular character

It's bizarre because the whole movie is a clusterfuck of idiocy. Not one single moment to redeem the whole fucking thing.