What's Sup Forums's opinion on the Hercules TV series? Has it aged well? Is it worth watching?

What's Sup Forums's opinion on the Hercules TV series? Has it aged well? Is it worth watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0138967/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
imgur.com/IjVJfB3
dropbox.com/s/m96yipock7cm9lg/Minotaur_WColor_White_Photoscape.jpg?dl=0
youtu.be/CJTTTkmkBr4
imdb.com/company/co0007273/
youtube.com/watch?v=K13sRiubIiQ#t=436
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I recall liking it

One of the better TV series based off of a movie, it poked fun at Greek myths while simultaneously teaching you about them. I remember liking it a lot as a kid, but haven't watched it since they took the reruns off of TV. Might be worth checking out.

I recall looking it up recently, and the animation was... less than stellar. Pretty shit, even. But maybe that was just one episode.

Can't speak for the humor, didn't watch enough of it to get a good grip on how funny it was or wasn't. I was just looking at the animation at the time.

All of the Disney shows from that era looked like ass and your webms of that one pink lady from the Hercules show won't change my mind.

Icarus was a gold mine of comedy and the Aladdin crossover was cute... but... the show retcons some of the movie's story and to be honest it kinda devalues Herc's overall character arc.

He saves the Olympians at least a few times AND Olympus itself from Hades, does all sorts of heroic deeds and helps people learn lessons (which is kinda good/cool opposed to just beating up monsters) *frees Prometheus and convinces his dad that the whole punishment was in the wrong* meets Megara but forgets her, but also something I didn't realize until writing this, gets to spend family moments with Zeus and Hera. As in, they could invariably visit him whenever the fuck they wanted, and while Zeus in this depiction is probably a bit more responsible with being an actual benevolent deity so he probably can't spend more than an hour or so with his son, kinda shakes up the fact he couldn't speak to his son for more than a few moments while channeling his spirit through a statue in the film itself.

YMMV, is what I'm saying...

>Herc keeps running into Hades
>Hades isn't supposed to know Herc is alive until he's an adult

Basically these two posts.

I will never understand why they didn't just set it after the events of the movie.

It had one big fucking plot hole though. Hades never knew Hercules was alive until he was, what? 20? 18?

Now, it's been a while since I've seen both the movie and the TV series (I remember loving it as a kid) but didn't herc discover about his real family when he was a teenage, and didn't the same do Ades?

If I remember correctly there is a montage in the movie where we see Herc exercising and growing up to become an hero, while Ade would sometimes send him monsters to try to stop him.

I always thought the TV series took place "during" that montage.

You're thinking of two separate montages. The series does take place during Herc's initial training, though.

I just think of the series as a separate continuity, like the Beetlejuice cartoon.

hades deserved better

The Aladdin crossover episode was pretty good.

wasn't their half assed way of fixing this was to have everyone drink "Forget-me" water in the final episode?

To be fair the waters of Lethe were a recurring element, if they cared to have a real finale it'd probably be "Hades is knocked into the River comes out not recalling the past 4 years of his life. Pain and Panic use the opportunity to pretend they did nothing wrong"

It was a recurring plot element used in a few episodes, including one with Meg. I just assume happened at some point off-screen.

I remember being really impressed at all the guests they got on this show. Not just most of the movie v/a's, but so many others. Seriously, look at this shit: imdb.com/title/tt0138967/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
Exactly; this show first introduced me to the concept of "it probably isn't canon, but it's fun anyway".

Micheal Dorn minotaur was my first Husbando

Show had some great waifus

...Oh yeah. And Theseus showed up portrayed as a Not-Batman type of hero compared to Herc's Superman and they teamed up. Shit, while it would have sucked alot to get rid of James Woods' Hades, and the Aladdin Crossover, I kinda wish more of the show had been this. They even had other Greek Heroes (mostly minor ones aside from Odysseus and Theseus and I can't remember if Jason was used...) so it's not like it would've been too hard to do.

Jason was voiced by William Shatner

That....is kind of awesome in and of itself.

It wasn't terrible as far Disney spin-offs go, much better than some half-assed sequels like some of the classics got.

This nude request of her I got filled on here years ago is one of my treasures imgur.com/IjVJfB3

The episode they did about how the Roman gods are all just shitty knock offs of the Greek gods but with different names was awesome.

Also, the ending when Hades get the memo about his new Roman name.

>Pluto? They're calling me PLUTO!? That's not a god's name! That's a dog's name!

Hades is a strong contender for the best Disney villain. I always enjoy seeing him.

I think the villainous Hades from Kid Icarus Uprising might be even cooler, though, which is saying something.

i can dig this, straightfag, as i too have had my minotaur request fulfilled by a friend :

dropbox.com/s/m96yipock7cm9lg/Minotaur_WColor_White_Photoscape.jpg?dl=0

That's quite nice. Us classic monster fuckers have to stick together.

I believe mine was drawn in late spring 2010. I was just reminiscing on the time. Sup Forums before the small horse apocalypse and Sup Forums now are such different beasts.

It'd be nice to see lewds of this cutie

Rape is a from of love right?

saame

tho this was last year and i know some other furfags drew him too. hell i dew the red dragon character mennon myself once

I think I remember him now, bangin' bod.

he really does

I like how James Wood's did the voice acting for a pittance because he loves Hades that much. Which is also why he's in Kingdom Hearts.

>show set in a magical school
>main group is two boys one girl
>girl is super competant and smart with no flaws
>guys are both dumbasses with one being a complete clown and the main one being smart enough when the plot demands
Did Harry Potter start this shit or did it just make it popular

And then everyone else has to forget about Hades.

Phil really looked like shite though...

they couldn't bother coming up with a design that didn't look like a slightly touched upon fucking Beast

>cutie
>human
>lewds
you want a thousand dorrar too while you're at it

>Meets Megara
Wait, that happened? Context? Its been forever

What do humans have to do with my post? What?

>Hercules substitutes as narrator, telling of how someone has been stealing from the River Lethe in the Underworld, and Hades wants Pain and Panic to get the water back. Meanwhile, the sons of Ares, Fear and Terror, have been punished for overfeeding their war dogs, and can't go to an Orpheus concert.

>Hercules meets Megara, a girl who says that her grandmother's Aetolian amphora has been stolen. Hercules, attracted to her, gladly helps, but when they reach the centaur who's been holding it, he tells them that he sold it to Fear and Terror (who plan to use the water to make Ares forget he punished them). Hercules and Meg go to the Temple of Ares and get the amphora back, but while Hercules tries to hold off Ares' sons, Meg ditches him with the amphora. She is kidnapped by Pain and Panic, and Hercules finishes his story.

>A lady he's been telling his story to tells him about Meg's capture and despite her betrayal, he goes after Meg, and Fear and Terror follow him. A fight ensues for the amphora, and Meg tells Hercules that she liked him from the beginning. They almost kiss, until Pain and Panic accidentally spill the water from the amphora on them. Forgetting how they met each other, they go their separate ways.

I remember thinking it was okay... but following the golden years of Disney afternoon, it didn't quite meet those expectations. The characters created for the show were enjoyable though.

>the golden years of Disney afternoon
Don't make me cry, user

Remember that date he made out of clay? I honestly dont see what the problem was. Herc didnt deserve LadyClayface

it was great

Sticking your dick in crazy's pretty hazardous.

>One episode
Fuck everything

How about this?
youtu.be/CJTTTkmkBr4
Is this awwwright?

The was produced during the time Disney still did the whole 65-episode thing and used multiple animation companies to create them all very quickly and cheaply. As such, the animation fluxuates from episode to episode. Look at the episode with Galatea, it easily has probably the highest quality animation of the whole series and looks really great in motion. No other episode is animated that well to my recollection.

>Galatea has the best animation of the series
>someone fell in love with Galatea and poured his soul into crafting her in the medium of animation
>she never became real

Japanese animation

where is Circe?

She's there. She has a song, I think.

>Dan castellneta voices homer
Ha

Hello, nightmares

It was better than the shitty movie. Still pretty shitty though.

It's just another entry in a long list of prequels that didn't need to happen.

Whether it deserves a spot on the list of prequels that shouldn't have happened is up for debate, but I'd say yes.

We need more actors like that
Eh, any cartoon based on a movie has to have a slight downgrade, just to save on the budget
I know, right?
What's it like to have no taste?

Really wish I had seen this and that Aladdin cartoon back when I was a kid, my standards are way too high to enjoy them now.

Australian actually

history threads are great with you guys cuz you treat it like fucking lore
never change Sup Forums

Eternally hot and always wanting to ride your dick. Who cares if she's crazy?

Talk about a wasted opportunity. Should've been like the Aladdin TV show and set it after the movie with Herc and friends with maybe a reformed Pain and Panic going on adventures based around other Greek myths and maybe getting their own rogues gallery instead of high school stuff. At least Legend of Tarzan somewhat tried to emulate the Aladdin series.

Series finale had everyone's memories erased If I recall

It doesn't make sense even in the movie.
Why would the god of the underworld not know another gods death until 20 years later?

>little snake pubes

Fucking kek

Hazardous if you try to leave. Shape shifting thing is kind of hot.

That episode, this and a few others were Japan.

Nope. Hercules and the Dream Date and Hercules and the First Day of School were done in Australia.

Japan did these ones
>"Hercules and the King of Thessady", "Hercules and the Driving Test", "Hercules and the Epic Adventure", "Hercules and the Big Sink", "Hercules and the Tapestry of Fate", "Hercules and the Bacchanal", "Hercules and the Poseidon's Cup Adventure"

Apparently it is both imdb.com/company/co0007273/

it's alright. you have high standards. this is a tv show, it's on 97% on model.

Eh, forgettable...except for that ep with the egyptian gods. Bastet was hotter than Mirage.

Hot damn!

Hey Bacon, want to do some Amphitrite while you're here?

I remember liking it. It expanded upon the Pantheon and I liked the Greek Pantheon generally having more screentime devoted to them. I liked their designs and shit so it was neat watching them clash with one another. Also the intro was just a retread of the best song from the film and I dug that, too.

And holy shit they had a crossover with motherfucking Aladdin. Cartoons back in the day, in my opinion, couldn't get any better than that.

>And holy shit they had a crossover with motherfucking Aladdin.
Hades and Jafar were fucking glorious together.

>Did HP start this

Harry Potter did nothing revolutionary in that regard. I don't know where the "two dudes are best bros and then there's a girl that inevitably one of them will become romantically linked with upon adulthood" classic originated from but it's been a thing since, like, forever. The primary protagonist is an all-arounder everyman and is the default leader of the team. He's balanced, he learns from his mistakes, he's always operating in the pursuit of the greater good and if he's the most innovative of the group. The other friend is much more lax in his studies, is quick to chase cheap thrills, more impulsive--shit like that. He cracks jokes to brighten the mood because that's how he copes with his issues, he frustrated easier...it's really easy to write these types of characters. If you don't make them into shitheads then they sometimes wind up outshining the primary protagonist in some aspects.

Then the chick is the voice of reason--and is more often than not the object of the desire. Usually dangled in front of both of the other characters as she'll mesh well with either of them. I remember the girl from Hercules being a cold bitch though so she gets a pass.

>reformed Pain and Panic
Icarus was enough of a sidekick/distraction. Devoting time to Pain and Panic following the brighter virtues would be interesting for, like, an episode but I couldn't see it happening in the long run as Hades would have little to play off of beyond his frustration at his failures and whatever interaction we get with him and the rest of the Pantheon. Not that this is too big of an issue.

Remember when Hades threw that big ass BBQ and invited the Pantheon down to hell? For like the first 12 minutes of the show he was genuinely happy that everyone showed up, were enjoying themselves and was actually complimenting him on alot of the effort he put into it. Of course it was a giant death trap and he wanted to, like, mass drown all of them but I remember Hades being actually touched and how all of the Gods looked favorably upon him for acting selflessly. But then he had to do his villain of the week thing and all of it went down the god damn drain. Fuck.

THE GODDESS OF LOVE

>Herc's aunt Aphrodite helps him make a living fuck doll
>Makes him tone it down when he makes her too curvy

I meant the one Herc made, not Pygmalion's wife.

youtube.com/watch?v=K13sRiubIiQ#t=436

fuck im hard now, what episode

A, why the hell did she make a living fuck doll for hercules?
B. the part where that guy with the shitty hair turns his pots into living creatures did make me laugh, i wonder if the show is pretty funny. actually this whole has good animation from what im seeing, and its pretty funny. gonna have to watch some more, better than alladin show's animation, at the very least

The one in the link right above your post

>why the hell did she make a living fuck doll for hercules?
Because you don't turn down a request from Zeus's kid.

I remember enjoying it way before I could dream to know who the characters were. The other day I was looking for their names and I was laughing at how great they chose their characters to meet their tropes:

Cassandra as the Goth
Icarus as the Weird Nerd
Adonis as the dumb preppy Jock

Shit was smarter than it had the right to be in some regards.

I distinctly remember a joke of Spears IV Sale in Sparta, or some variation of it, and laughing my ass off when I saw it.

Pandora was a Goth. Cassandra was more like a psychic Daria, as I recall.

Right, I meant the moody drama one.

Does anyone remember the IV sale joke? I remember it being less direct than this, and I can't find anything on it. Or maybe I was just easily amused.

I remember Cassandra being more attractive.