Stage IV terminal cancer

>Stage IV terminal cancer

Press F to pay respects

Other urls found in this thread:

aicr.org/reduce-your-cancer-risk/recommendations-for-cancer-prevention/recommendations_05_red_meat.html
robbierottenpackage.ytmnd.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No sauce OP

That's a rotten way to die

god that's terrible

F, you'll always be number one. Sniffle.

F

Still going down in history

Check the latest update of the GoFundMe.

This is real fuckin sad :'(

His wife's Facebook.

R

I wanted to shitpost but I can't.

F

He recovered tho.

>popularity explodes right when his body starts decaying rapidly
Man that's got to be the worst shit, at least he got to spend his last months with lots of support.

Why am I crying?

>On June 21st, 2017, Karl's wife, Steinunn Ólína Þorsteinsdóttir posted on Facebook that the cancer has once again metastasized and has reached Stage IV. Þorsteinsdóttir states in her post "Although the chances and statistics are not in our favor, and Stefán's candle burns quickly, we will not be scared of fear."
>it's real
Rest in peace not even memes could save him

F

Holy shit i was expecting him to live happy after the donation but man this sucks

F

>Friends and supporters,
>This is the update I never wanted to write. During moments of distress and heartache, time can become a friend and ease us down the road from our pain. Our hearts become a little lighter and we allow ourselves to hope.
>But as many of you know, cancer has its own agenda. Stefan's post-surgery diagnosis revealed devastating news - his condition has progressed to Stage 4. As his wife Steina said, "life expectancy is significantly impaired."
>Despite the best efforts of his excellent Icelandic medical team, and Stefan's personal heroism, there is no apparent cure. There are always experimental processes, and they will be woven into the fabric of Stefan's care if at all possible.
>But for now and the immediate future, family and friends are concentrating on being positive, giving Stefan whatever he needs to recover from his most recent surgery, and regain his energy for as long as possible.

;_;

>getting emotionally worked up over the subject of shitty twitter memes
gross. get off Sup Forums.

F
Thanks for the memes.

Fuck man this really gave me pause.

I hope you guys stay healthy and live long lives, I love you

He had pancreatic cancer which is pretty much the worst kind of cancer you can get so he's lucky to have lived as long as he did.

I do wonder what he'll do now, though. Some people would go for physician assisted suicide but he doesn't seem like the type.

NOW LOOK AT THIS GUN THAT I JUST FOUND
WHEN I SAY GO, GET READY TO BLOW
AND BLOW

SHOOT ME IN THE HEAD NOT THE LEG
OH LET'S TRY OUT THE ROPE

Sorry, lost my uncle a few months back to cancer and comedy seems to be the best way to cope

I lost my dad three years ago, nothing phases me anymore.

CARLOOOOOS!

Hope he spends the time he has left well. Certainly a nicer guy than most celebrities. Will be missed.

Sorry for your loss dude

I kind of feel the same way in some instances, I feel like death doesn't affect me as much as it used to after having so many older relatives die over the years.
It's just the suffering during the last few months that really gets me.

it's a death sentence - no one lives through it

F

I work on an oncology floor in a hospital. They are either young enough the cancer eats them alive and I watch them suffer in pain for months/years, or they're old enough that they get doped up on a billion pain meds and die. I hear screams all day long basically, it's like working in a torture dungeon.

How do u prevent getting cancer?

>41 years old

Jesus Christ lads. And I don't want to "F" just yet. I know stage 4 pancreatic cancer is basically a death sentence but I think we should at least wait until he dies.

You make a trip to the rickety stool and rope shop and end yourself before that cancer gets you.

I've read opinions from some pessimistic researchers saying cancers will never be truly defeated.

Some speculate that it's some sort of misunderstood built in kill switch we have that plays a larger species wide evolutionary role.

idk

Go vegan.

>Some speculate that it's some sort of misunderstood built in kill switch

Thank you, God

And there's no stage V?

F
I hope he lives actually.

Good riddance

It depends on the cancer.

>stage IV
He isn't surviving this.

Have you been living under a fucking rock

>made an appointment today to see a dermatologist about scabbing moles I've been having the past couple months
>see this thread
>intense existential fear of my own death comes crashing down

fuck

I don't want to die in my 20s

There are a billion ways to help prevent it.

Unfortunately, there are also a billion ways to get it, and we only know a small percentage of 'em.

Everyday some new article comes out about some food you ought to avoid due to a risk of cancer.

When it comes to human beings, I am convinced that we are not meant to eat red meat at all. I'm not sure about white meat, but that wouldn't surprise me.

don't be sad, your brain tissue would start to rot at a certain age anyway.

Cancer is just the result of malfunctioning cell division/multiplication. We have as much of a chance at beating cancer as we do at curing other cellular diseases.

It's very difficult logically, but in theory even if we could just get cancer cells to stop multiplying, it would be a major breakthrough.

A man that entertains children is dying of a horrific disease and this is how you act? I know it's common policy to be a dick on here but have a soul for one moment.

You won't.
I did it after YEARS of inertia, they found an anomaly which wasn't even cancer, removed it, and the dermatologist signaled other dots which "might be problematic, so come back in a YEAR to keep an eye on them".
"Can't they be removed now?"
"No need."
"But they might be dangerous in the future?"
"Yep, come back in a year."

She literally behaved as if nothing worrisome could develop in a shorter time than 12 months.

how much did he smoke? is it lung cancer?

Jesus, and I was scared purely because my dad went to the hospital the other day for chest pains and they found a blockage. That's nothing compared to this.

That'd be a good way to go. I wouldn't have to worry about college, work, finding love and making connections. Just wither away in my room playing total war all day until I die. Leave everything to my brother and die with the hope that he will succeed where I have failed.

skin cancer kills you by spreading to important things. if it's just scabbing moles, you're fine (for now).

There are certain steps you can take to avoid certain specific types of cancer, but you can never truly be 100% safe from it. Our best bet is to hope for nanoparticle-assisted localized chemotherapy.

pancreatic cancer I think

We could have saved you, man ;_;

>mfw he goes out singing we are #1

It's not something that you can prevent. Rather you can do certain things to lower your chances of getting cancer. Avoid being fat, exercise, wear PPE, wear sunscreen, don't live in a polluted area, etc.

And pray you don't just get it from a random mutation like that one US general who got throat cancer that way.

What do you mean not meant to eat? Eating calorie dense flesh is how we got enough calories to grow our brains in the first place. Maybe it raises the chance slightly of some cancers, but there is radiation and benzene all over the modern world which have way higher cancer correlations. It's never struck me as that important to worry about the chance that red meat may cause an almost immeasurable increase in the likelihood of cancer while everyone is just fine with hpv being rampant. That shit straight up causes cancer in women and nobody cares, but they worry about red meat.

I don't want to appeal to nature or anything, but we never could have gotten smart enough to develop agriculture without hunting and eating primarily red meat. Our ancestors hunted and killed all european big game millennia ago in an effort to get enough calories that we don't have to sit around all day chewing leaves like apes. Literally 8 hours a day chimps spend chewing just to get in enough calories to weigh 90 pounds, and because of that they can't do math because big brains use too many calories. So to say we weren't meant to eat red meat always seemed weird to me. Meant to by whom or what, the only way we can consider that question is because they killed and ate all the bears in Europe. I'll take the iffy increase in cancer for the single most nutritionally dense nonprocessed food item on the planet barring liver. I'm going to go eat a steak right now.

You are CONSTANTLY getting cancer, but your body is also constantly taking care of it. Cancer becomes a problem when your body misses it.

Don't worry, they'll just get one of the other 3 Robbies to replace him

are you under some sort of impression that lazytown is still in production

WE ARE NUMBER 4

Red meat is considered a carcinogen.

aicr.org/reduce-your-cancer-risk/recommendations-for-cancer-prevention/recommendations_05_red_meat.html

find some way to perfectly replicate your telomeres without them mutating

thats currently impossible

Exactly, cancer isn't something that's generally preventable. Rather you can take certain actions or avoid certain actions to avoid increasing your chances of getting cancer. You can avoid stealing trucks carrying spent Cobalt-60 and then unsealing the isotope before running off to your inevitable death.

no that's the key to biological immortality

There's literally no source you retards

Right, along with most other things. I just bristled at the idea that we somehow were designed so that eating meat is bad for us. It very likely slightly raises the odds of developing cancer in part of the population, but it just boggles my mind that people think it's worth changing your diet about, but still live in cities which has a much higher carcinogenic effect. If you are an organic bean and turnip farmer in the remotest part of New Zealand with no exposure to the petroleum products used in modern farming then it could be worth worrying about, but most people are really missing the forest for the trees to my mind.

so cry about it on facebook dude, what are you doing here?

the source has already been given, genius.

Lazy Town was shit and We Are Number One was a shitty song to meme into oblivion, no big loss.

It's easier to stop eating red meat than to move to a different city/country.

Red meat also leads to a higher risk of heart disease as well.

Not a vegetarian myself, btw. Went to a BBQ place on Sunday and got a shit ton of tri tip and brisket that were absolutely delicious. But I also recognize that it's terrible for me.

Edgy

>Pack of cigarettes in the pic

Really makes you think

delete this

That he got a cancer completely unrelated to the one he was risking himself of getting? Luck is shitty sometimes.

You could very well be right, and you definitely won't harm yourself by eliminating meat in general.

It just amazes me the things people decide to care about. Having a diet with carbs being higher than 70% of total calories is the single highest correlation to all cause mortality out of any other cause ever researched, excepting fighting the civil war. But no one ever cares that the average westerner is in the high 50s and 60s. People who exercise, have a normal bmi, and limit carb consumption below like 60% of total calories basically can't develop non genetic heart diseases.But a lot of people attach a religious importance to their diet as a means of purifying their body and delivering health in exchange for sacrifice. There likely is a benefit as you get older to reducing red meat intake, but I really wouldn't worry about such an infinitesimal chance when the Amish have a very low cancer rate and exclusively eat meat, butter and bread. Genetic diseases from inbreeding notwithstanding, they are much healthier than the general American population while eating like shit according to plant based dietary guidelines that have only come to popularity in the west in the last 100 years.

he said red meat
this is not a new thing, doctors have been suspicious of red meat for decades

Born 200 years earlier, before the industrial revolution.

yep
at least there's no more seeing that rotting person in the hospital
no more worrying when they're going to go

dad's got alzheimer's. it sucks

>feel healthy now, don't think anything bad will happen to me
>know that any day I could be randomly stricken by a car or get some random cancer because fuck you

Feels bad man

shut up fag

>tfw had a thyroid problem that made me lose dangerous amounts of weight and had to wait around to find out if it was cancer
it wasn't cancer but during that six weeks or so it might as well have been
I think I'd handle it better the second time around

Unironically this.

>not awaiting the sweet embrace of death

pleb

>TFW constantly get throats infections, sinus infections and ear infections
>TFW it happens so much every little bit of pain terrifies me
>TFW I have ear pain right now
>TFW I wish a car would just kill me so I can stop dealing with this
I have the opposite feeling to you

Just add red in front off every meat in there, my bad.

That's not a standard of evidence that means anything to me. People have advocated for lots of things, Jews still won't eat shellfish because it was so dangerous in 8000 BC. Red meat has a very mild carcinogenic effect based on population studies of self reported dietary information. But it's also extremely dense in calories, fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals. Humans have evolved to eat it because at one point it was the single best food source available to us, even Salmon, Cod and Tuna were basically unavailable to us at the time because they so infrequently came into inland ice age Europe. Red meat like most things in life has positives and negatives one of which may be a minuscule carcinogenic effect, but mainly i thought saying we weren't meant to eat red meat was misguided because it is so beneficial in a historical sense to humanity as well as being great nutritionally for a population which exercises intensely.

Red meat is made largely from the same proteins and fats as other kinds of meat, and for that matter vegetables, but for some reason it is comparatively harmful. No one has pointed out exactly what about red meat is bad specifically, just that a statistical analysis with no control populations can correlate it to cancer at an acceptable level. I mainly think most extreme elimination based dietary restrictions take the place of religious ritual for the modern person then they fill in the science later.

>No one has pointed out exactly what about red meat is bad specifically,
prions are the biggest thing being looked at IIRC

this

So mad cow disease? I don't understand how protein fragments are supposed to cause heart disease, or cause cells to reproduce incorrectly. Regardless that only means there might be something to explain a problem that might not exist. It doesn't matter since I don't think people are necessarily better off eating red meat, but I don't enjoy the sort of leap of faith people take when they reason that they should eliminate a food item so vital to the evolution of the brain which allows them to make that leap. Especially when everyone ignores the low hanging fruit of healthy body composition, pollution exposure, and other harder to control but more powerful cancer indicators. Even if the worst evidence against red meat is absolutely correct it still isn't that big a deal, that's why I don't think it has much to do with science or health and more to do with satisfying the human desire for ritual and the ability to sacrifice to a higher power to be granted favor abstracted out to diet choices.

OK I guess it wasn't prions unless there's some bleeding-edge speculative research going on I can't find

I don't think you should have to justify your desire not to eat red meat by the way. It is healthy by any measure if you don't just become an Oreo binging vegan. I just think it was misguided by the initial guy to say "we weren't meant" it just triggered my "modern secular man trying to couch their religious instinct in bad science" nerve. Just eat what you want and join a church with some theological backbone. Ignoring that instinct just ends up generating a bunch of misinformation about all kinds of things; in this case the cosmic consequences of eating red meat.

Most studies linking stuff to cancer are flawed because they go by correlation

i.e. let's gather 200 Sup Forums anons and 200 Sup Forums anons. turns out on Sup Forums 45 of those people have some form of cancer. meanwhile, 65 Sup Forumsmrades have cancer.

thus the result is that browsing Sup Forums might give you cancer, and browning Sup Forums decreases your chances to develop it. it's bullshit

robbierottenpackage.ytmnd.com/

uhhh, I mean:

F

You do understand that when you inhale the smoke from a cigarette the carcingens enter your bloodstream, right?

I'm not even gonna ask why that's a thing

My condolences, I can't imagine what it's like to watch someone you love lose themselves like that.
My dad's in his 70's now and I fear he could come down with something awful one day (not to mention his brother just died recently so he has to cope with that and all the phone calls from people who knew his bro).