Constantine

To anyone who's interested. You can stream the whole first season of Constantine on the CWSeed for free.

cwseed.com/shows/constantine/non-est-asylum/?play=65a94d34-cbb2-43a5-af48-c770a794b2e6

Well, Ive already pirated it, but I guess this is the best way to see it again, until they fucking do a Blu-Ray release.

I'm not sure if they'll ever do a blu-ray release.

Maybe they're doing this gauge interest for the CW to pick up the show.

>CW adds Constantine to their website
>they also add DC animated movies

What are these madmen planning?

>Birds of Prey
Wow, that's some dedication to CW's attempt to be The DC Channel.

Is it faithful to the original Hellblazer, or, lacking that, at least worth watching? I cringed hard from Lucifer, and I'm not interested in wasting any time today watching some sanitized, PG-13 pile of bullshit.

>the 90s Flash pilot

my goodness.

>lacking that, at least worth watching
This one. Both parts.

A lot of people like it but I think it does away with all the subtlety that made Hellblazer good.

Do you like literal skyscraper sized pillars of flame coming out of magic circles?

Do you like Chas being able to do magic?

Do you like John monologueing and breaking down over his ghosts and related trauma within the first episode?

The awnser to these questions will tell you wether you'll like the show or not.

I also think Matt Ryan looks to happy all the time to accurately portay John.

CN burned their bridge with DC so CW is filling in and seems to be building a new and better DC Nation.

>justice league action may be the last dc cartoon on cn

>literal skyscraper sized pillars of flame coming out of magic circles
>Chas being able to do magic
>John monologueing and breaking down over his ghosts and related trauma within the first episode
>Always happy Constantine

I'll give the pilot a try, but it looks like this will be a night for getting comfy and watching science shows with a nice buzz. When I think Constantine, I think of a miserable conman with an adrenaline addiction that happens to use magic, not Chav Naruto.

>Chav Naruto

Maybe give it two, because most of those complaints, particularly the skyscraper sized fire are only there.

I'm the guy who made that list of complaints and I was already thoroughly disgusted by the first episode.

It's a decent enough adaptation, and a pretty good show.
The pilot is meh. Please, work past it.
It can feel almost doctor who-ish at times.

I could tell since most of them are from the first episode. And what magic DID Chaz do, anyway?

I dont remember because it's been pretty long but him even being involved and comprehensively aware of magic is gross and misunderstands Chas and John's relationship.

I take it you didn't like that "The Knowledge" mini? Literally the closest thing to magic I remember him doing was tricking using a magic item that he saw John literally explain what it did and how to do it. Or do you mean the whole "coming back to life" thing... which was a spell of John's.

I havnt read all of Hellblazer and I havnt read that mini. Either way, I'm sure Chas was actively involved in magic in the TV series and that's stupid.

There will be exceptions but I feel like its obvious that John keeps Chas at a distance when it comes to magic because he cares about him. Not understanding that is not understanding one of the major relationships John actually has and that's pretty damning if you're trying to make an adaptation.

I thought it was a little slow and a little dull, but I watched it with little knowledge of the character going in. Since then, I've read all of hellblazer and now I'm going to give it another try.

Fucking based

>Matt Ryan looks to happy all the time to accurately portay John.
John gives the appearance of happiness when around other people. They didn't give him any scenes glaring at the mirror in disgust, so we never saw that.

I guess this is just my interpretation but I feel like John always has a somber air about him, even when hes being social. Even to people who dont know how shit his life is, it gives him a sexy, smoldering quality. Not unlike a cigarette.

That's not somber. He's just British.
>Milligan's Shade the Hellblazing Man
die

Constantine became Shazam?!

don't they still say Constantine wrong?

thanks user

thanks for the news

How is it said right?

Yeah, during Trinity War.
John lies to Billy that some evil is after his magic, Billy depowers, John handcuffs him to a bar, they switch voices, John's enemy shows up, John SHAZAMs and beats the fuck out of guy.

He didn't lie, did he?

He did. Bad guy wasn't after Billy, he was after John.

>Seasons drop down arrow
;_;

You may be too dumb for comic books.

It should rhyme with turpentine, not Ovaltine.

Bump for justice

>300 issues
>constantly collected, republished
>good movie
>ok show
>always in crossovers comics and on Arrow
>leads magical stuff on random comic teams
>injustice
>JLD
fans still not happy. Constantine fans are the worst.

I just want the Shade to be collected like once.

Vixen did well on CW Seed which got her an appearance in live action, a sequel cartoon coming, and now a reoccurring or main cast on Legends of Tomorrow.
If Constantine does well on CW Seed there is likely a good chance he'll come back.

Its PG Hellblazer. Diet Hellblazer.

Its not what we wanted but it was okay. If you're incapable of accepting anything but 100% sticking to the source material you'll hate it.

>good movie

Even though I agree it basically wasn't Hellblazer. Like... At all.

It's an elseworlds story
and an entertaining movie
what more do you want

first episode was bad, that's why they quickly kicked the girl off and got a new one. There were a lot of changed from the pilot. Watch episode 4, that's a fucking great one

It's a bit monster-of-the-week, but I understand most of these shows tend to be that way until they get established. Unfortunately, it never got that chance.

I did get a little sick of the amount of times John gets told, "We know you're just emotionally constipated and really a good guy despite your snark." It was a bit too much like House, in that regard. However, it's fun.

How fucking clean he looks pisses me off too. He really does look like he's wearing a costume just off a hanger.

It's as faithful as an NBC adaptation could've been. Matt Ryan gives a great performance as John, though.

This fucking music telling me how to feel constantly.

It reminds me so much of Unknown Armies I love it

So not pronounced like Emperor Constantine?

I haven't read Lucifer but I like the show well enough on it's own.

Yeah, the book is completely different. It's not even the same genre.

>ywn

This is interesting... Could we be on the verge of a DC block?

They will likely do a Blu Ray release. They do BR for B&W movies and all sorts of other crap. The cost isn't that high to produce, it's the cuts to the store, marketing, etc.

I would be totally down for that. I gave up cable a while ago and can only catch this stuff on streamers or via You Tube/Daily Motion. There's a ton of the DC Nation I'd love to check out again.

I thought making Lucifer into a police procedural was stupid as shit (plus I hate procedurals AND cop shows) and I was only familiar with the Sandman version and some of the specials, not the self-titled, but the few episodes I caught (mostly bored and stuck waiting around for people to get off work on Friday nights) were fine, he was good, not what I pictured but acceptable. I doubt I'd commit to an entire season. But it sounds like you want the show to be very true to the canon and that's not going to happen, so check it out and decide.