Ywn own a ute

>ywn own a ute
Why do only Aussies get to drive them?

What is point of pick ups wouldnt wagon be as good?

I've seen them here. Wouldn't buy one myself tho

What's the difference between a Ute and a Truck?

I drove a pick-up truck in Africa. I was a bit worried about people jumping uninvited in the cargo area. I prefer a van for this reason.

you can put anything in a ute, fridge, couch, long timber, etc
it wouldn't fit in anything with a roof smaller than a truck

You can strap all of those things to the roof of a normal car too.

Ute is a car with a bed, not a dedicated truck platform. No 4X4 or solid axles or body-on-frame, so you can still handle well and get hektik

alright you go ahead and strap a fridge to the roof of your hatchback and let me know how easy it was when you're done

There was the El Camino in the 70s

Italian ute.. they are found in yurop at least

Most people don't have to move fridges on a daily basis. And if you buy a new fridge it will be delivered to your house with a large van for free.

i have seen some people drive these. But I have never seen anyone actually move stuff with one of these.

Australia has few paved roads and everything from bananas to fridges are purchased from open air street markets, so the idea of a personal delivery service is pretty absurd.

We drive Hiluxes instead.

I've seen it be used as pizza delivery vehicle.

Looks similar to an El Camino

Holden is owned by GMC, as is Chevy
This is literally an Australian exclusive continuation of the El Camino
But Chevy copied it from the Ford Ranchero, which also has origins in Australia
When it comes to this style of vehicle, Australia is both the beginning and the end

what the fuck do tradies drive in other countries? pedo vans? no wonder they're looked down on

>front wheel drive
>4 cylinder
>unreliable fiat garbage
europe can keep it

lots of VW Transporters and Toyota Hiace

>the end
its already over haven't anyone drive that style of ute since the 90's, every ute is a landcruiser or hilux

literally who

>Why do only Aussies get to drive them?
because GM are fucking retards

friendly reminder that when the ute was invented by ford of australia they were a division of ford canada, making the ute a canadian invention
you're welcome bruce

here they drive base full size pickups
when they make an unreasonable amount of money working in the oilsands they usually upgrade to one of those silly $100,000 top of the range luxury pickups

tfw we dont even produce cars anymore

blame the unions

It wasnt just the union, it was also Holdens themselves. They paid an ungodly amount of wages to people working there, no wonder they couldnt turn a profit. The lowest pay grade was $32 an hour which in some places they had actual mentally deficient people doing the jobs, some specialized trades like electricians and welders could get up to $60 an hour.

t. Worked at Holdens before they shut down

>Few paved roads
>Open air street markets

t. Literal retard

Maybe he was confusing Australia with a shithole like Haiti
Easy mistake to make.