LOL DISNEY STAR WARS IS DEAD

LOL DISNEY STAR WARS IS DEAD

uproxx.com/movies/star-wars-han-solo-directors-comedy/

In my mind I accept the original trilogy and by a stretch even the prequel trilogy as a joy to have experienced but I'm writing off everything else.

I'm not going to let these new things ruin the star wars I loved from before.

>1. The movie was dead on arrival the moment it was a Han Solo movie without Harrison Ford

>2. The movie was dead on arrival the moment it was a Han Solo origin story

>3. The movie was dead on arrival the moment it cast low effort pandery obvious reddit actors like Gambino, GoT girl and Woody Harrelson

>4. The movie was dead on arrival the moment two WEED LMAO hacks with no ability to craft cinematic visuals were hired

>5. The movie was dead on arrival the moment those two hacks were kicked off their own movie with 90% of filming complete

>6. The movie was dead on arrival the moment they were replaced with bland, artless hack Ron Howard

PICK SIX

>The movie will still do well at the box office and with critics because Disney will spend a ridiculous amount on marketing and people are idiots

Pick one

Who argued otherwise?

>Disney tries to turn Star Wars into a MCU cinematic universe of quips and everyone being connected somehow
>Based Lucasfilm says no and pulls the plug

What exactly is the problem, again?

Christopher Miller and Phil Lord were genuinely creative directors and it's very telling that they were replaced with the fucking king of mediocrity that is Ron Howard.

It's a shame the retards on /tg/ and Sup Forums dont understand this.

>not betting on star wars

I don't think they don't understand, they are just fusterated by it (aka have sand in their vagina) and they have to come here to vent. No problem user vent away.

>people are actually lamenting the loss of the 22 Jump Street guys
>people actually wanted another Marvel-clone quipfest

I don't like sand. it's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

Lord and Miller have literally never made a single weed joke in their lives.

>Lucasfilm are the good guys

Are you serious?

There are no good guys here, certainly not between Disney and Lucasfilm. They want money, and it's simply a matter of how they want to get it.

Disney overextended and said "we want a brand-name director for our big brand: Lord and Miller will do!" Lucasfilm said "we need to be sure our movies are made by committee so that we can avoid the stench of the prequels and be sure we can keep making these movies for decades."

does lucasfilm really admit the prequels are bad publicly like this?

>Sup Forums gets mad at Disney because they supposedly made Star Wars movies with too many 'quips'
>Sup Forums gets mad because they fire the directors for putting in too many 'quips'

It's more like they get mad for hiring them in the first place.
>Alright we're gonna hire these two directors that are known for their comedy
>wtf why did you turn this movie into a comedy? you're fired

They stated the prequels are well liked but have a serious problem with TFA. Pablo has shit on JJ, Bad Robot and Starkiller at every opportunity.

this pretty much.

>Lucasfilm says no and pulls the plug
Does Lucasfilm has the final say? I thought Disney would have

>Sup Forums is a contrarian board
Astounding

>Pablo has shit on JJ, Bad Robot and Starkiller at every opportunity.
he fucking should. Starkiller is fucking worse than TFA and the prequels combined.

>Hiring the directors of 21 Jump Street (a painful comedy adaptation) and The Lego Movie (a family comedy film) to direct your EPIC SPACE OPERA SERIOUS BUSINESS and then being shocked and outraged when they try to make it a comedy

Is Disney run by autists?

> Friends with wookies
> Hurrrrrr hurrrrr
> We where on a break Chewi!
> recorded background laughs

I disagree with that user you're talking to, but what is the entire raisins episode of Clone High?

u do realize that one day you'll have to actually learn words good and have conversations with other people right?

Do you?

Definitely not 4 and 6

Rogue one was awful did anyone have genuine hope for this? These spinoff movies are likely all going to be a shit show.

There was never any hope to begin with.

Same, I just view the original trilogy as canon and the other movies as sort of non-canon related like the EU.

But seriously, it's dying more everyday.

Why is Emilia Clarke there? Why is she in anything

But Rouge One is better than any prequel trilogy.

21 Jump Street

>rouge
stop
fucking STOP

the force is strong with you

21/22 Jump Street movies are nothing like the usual dreck Marlel tries to pass as movies
You faggots are so fucking brainwashed that is almost sad.

It was more than awful. It was just so forgettable, and boring. Too many characters that make it hard to give a shit when they all inevitably die.

>Why is she in anything
Because she fucked somebody to get the GoT role, and then that show blew up. She's marketable even though she's a terrible actress.

Give those movies are PG 13 rating and you've got an action comedy on par with a Marvel movie my man.

This cast looks fucking awful.
Give me more cool stories like Rogue One.

>Kathleen Kennedy being anything but based

>Rogue One had to bring in another Director for the reshoots.
>Han Solo movie had to bring in another Director to finish movie.

Hmmmmm what does that say for Lucasfilm?

>artless hack Ron Howard

Go to bed kid.

He's made 1 good movie in his career.

>Kathleen Kennedy fired them because jokes were too male-centric

how could they be different? they are blockbuster movies aimed at high schoolers.

I don't even know what that means.

i wish disney would fail with SW and marvel, it would be sweet-sweet trainwreck a-la dc

>Donald Glover
fucking dropped

with 90% of the movie filmed, great job