Why exactly does Sup Forums not like Quentin Tarantino? It's because he's popular and a lot of normies like his movies...

Why exactly does Sup Forums not like Quentin Tarantino? It's because he's popular and a lot of normies like his movies, isn't it?

I'll always like him. I won't let the normies or contrarians take him away from me.

It's a black male thing

I lost interest on his films as I grew older and haven't watched anything he's done after Kill Bill. Maybe I'll watch those some day, but he hasn't done anything that looked interesting to me.

MMMMM

His movies are so good and likable that everyone, and that's a lot of people who have ever enjoyed them have already raved about them and its just not an interesting discussion.

He wears his influences on his sleeves, so they are easy to spot. It makes normies feel superior to use that as a way to criticize his films. Completely ignoring what a true talent he has for writing.

Because he makes empty and tasteless flicks for the Marvel crowd.

He's irrelevant. He stole every single shot and premise and the Internet knows it. The 90s were a transitional period and he's a trans director. He's mentally ill.

Sep, stay mad non cucks.

UNO

FARTO

he's anti white.

>Because he makes empty and tasteless flicks for the Marvel crowd.
The Marvel and DC crowds are both full of brainlets. When exactly are we going to get a capeshit containment board?

he's a SJW.

foot licker

Sort of. It's because he's made many overrated movies. He has made some genuinely good movies, such as Pulp Fiction. However, he's also made Kill Bill and Inglorious Basterds, which are mediocre. Yet his bad movies have also been praised to the high heavens, which is annoying.

REDDIT IS LITTERALY IRONICALLY LEFT WING. THEY ALL UNIMAIOUSLY THINK ITS COOL WHEN QUENTIN TALKS LIKE HES FROM THE HOOD IN FRONT OF BLACK PEOPLE. THEY LITERRALY DONT THINK ITS CRINGE. REDDIT IS PUUUURE CRIIIIIIIIINGE.

cringe post

damn sperg, calm the fuck down.

talk about cringe.

Other than Django Unchained I don't like any of his other movies. That aside I think he has all the charms of a drunken fag-hag. He went on Howard Stern after filming Inglorious Bastards and blathered on about how he smoked hash at Brad Pitt's home, which Pitt caught shit for. He's a douche bag.

He's an autismal turd that thinks he's a lot cooler than he actually is.
>look at me making a complete faggot of myself for Uga Thurman's sloppy fourths fifths and sixths

Beta loser

Listen to him on the Brett Easton Ellis podcast, he is so far up his own asshole he has transcended to the 4th dimension

he's right though

You cant combat cringe with bigger cringe.

We know that from five seconds into any of his movies.

He aint reddit has more alt righters than us, they have more users.

Sho ryu kan

>Completely ignoring what a true talent he has for writing.

He hasn't written anything worth reading in a while now. Even his last movie I had to turn the channel because I couldn't stand that Tarantino dialogue, it's become annoying.

No one ever mentions Jackie Brown in these threads. Easily his best work.

You're cringe you faker
HELLLOOO REDDDDDIITT

I love some of Tarantino's films, and I think True Romance is close to perfect (written, but not Directed by him, so that Tony Scott got to give it some much-needed restraint). Pulp Fiction is culturally important. While people will be quick to point out that it's not really 'original,' I think the mash-up, ADHD style of it fits nicely for creating a distinctly American Urban fantasy: here, everything is larger than life and a retro soundtrack dominates a bunch of weirdshit activities as you follow these characters through a day in their lives.

But I also hate a few things here: 1, I have trouble separating him from his own shitty behavior: It may seem petty to be unable to divorce someone's life from their art, but this guy wanders around acting like an unrestrained, unsocialized, jittering titbag. He spits on reporters and tries to slap people, but not in a badass way, in a way a lanky, overgrown, retarded, child might, screaming
"Yeeeeeearg," and then wandering off nodding to himself in reassurance. Not to mention the "Soul Brother" persona. You're not black Quentin, and black people don't even sound like that.

But I also don't like that his films are an ego thing for fans. Tarantino fans just stroke it to Tarantino: they reference and compare only Tarantino films to other Tarantino films, and say "Wow, isn't he cool?" No, go watch the movies that inspired him. I would give him SO much more leeway in criticism if his films were a stepping-off point for young people to see the classics than hiw they're used now, as stoner trivia and mindless self-celebration.

I think Death Proof was top shelf carkino though.

>Why exactly does Sup Forums not like Quentin Tarantino? It's because he's popular and a lot of normies like his movies, isn't it?

no it's because he's a pretentious hack his 90's shit was good but everything after the year 2000 is garbage.

a has been who doesn't realize he has been

fucking this

I like him. I've yet to really dislike anything he's done. Seen his last 3 or 4 movies in theatres. Even saw Hateful Eight on 70mm.

>I think Death Proof was top shelf carkino though

You just negated your entire fucking opinion.

Good:
Reservoir
Pulp
Hateful
Django

Ok:
Kill
Kill
Jackie
Inglorious

Bad:
Death

>Being this fucking pleb

Embarrasing desu

Great:
Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Jackie Brown

Good:
Kill Bill: Vol 1
Death Proof
Inglorious Bastards

Ok:
Kill Bill: Vol 2
Django Unchained

Bad
Hateful 8

his best film pleblord

>True Romance is close to perfect (written, but not Directed by him, so that Tony Scott got to give it some much-needed restraint
It feels like his films get progressively worse over time the more creative freedom he has.

>Hateful Eight
>Bad

>It feels like his films get progressively worse over time the more creative freedom he has

Remind you of anyone?

>Muh 70mm film
>Muh Oldschool Lens
>Muh Retro art form

Listen, a nice idea but when you go to all that trouble only to shoot most of it in a fucking cabin, it kinda defeats the point and leaves you with a clusterfuck of a film that's basically nothing more than a 2 hour circlejerk

he steals peoples techniques to much.
but i like hateful 8 and pulp fiction because those are fun

kill bill 2 is when all his films started to suck. looking back, jackie brown kind of sucked too. it's evident that jackie brown's existence is only for tarantino to jerk off over pam grier

great:
kill bill
django unchained
inglourious basterds
jackie brown

pretty good:
reservoir dogs
pulp fiction
hateful 8
death proof

t. the only patrician itt

He makes comfy films, that's it. They are like Drive, they are flawless, but nothing outstanding

>liking any Tarantino film
>calling yourself a patrician
get some taste fag.

great in this case is relative to other tarantino films

If you dont appreciate Jacky Brown or Inglourious Basterds, you should gtfo

hateful eight is shit

Death Proof is the best Tarantino movie on a Tarantiness point of view.

People talk about plebs liking his movies but then go and rate his less pleb friendly film the last.