"Is French, the world’s new lingua franca?"

"Is French, the world’s new lingua franca?"

Any intelligent thinkers ? Arabs thinkers focus on this question. "Are we turning into a French-speaking planet?"

You couls debate here if you like. Be respectful, try to be thoughtful, add value to the discussion.

gulfnews.com/opinion/thinkers/is-french-the-world-s-new-lingua-franca-1.2155026

Other urls found in this thread:

jeuneafrique.com/501331/politique/tunisie-emmanuel-macron-a-tunis-en-fevrier-pour-parler-securite-et-economie/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wouldn’t mind honestly, French is a beautiful language

It definitely is better than English.

No

Elaborate in 40 lines.

We had one chance, we could've saved the word...

I hope so.

world*

No, I also hope we get a non cucked government that will remove your language from this shithole.

I'm so glad this midget lost in the end

Jesus Christ no.
At least English is primitive enough you can still understand a speaker who can barely put a sentence together. It's not going to happen with French.

Having French as a global language is a ridiculous fucking idea.

Macron reinforced links with Turkey and Erdogan.

The eternal butthurt sl*Void, what did you achieve huh? Everywhere you exported your revolution you spread chaos and destruction, today ex-URSS countries are the dirtiest shitholes. Had Napoleon won we would literally be colonising Mars right now

200 years ago, yeah...

Cucking yourselves to the Wahhabi Saudis is better instead? I understand you don't want to suck up to Europe, but peninsular Arabs should be just as alien to you

>Hate English
>But I also hate French.

One eurodevil global language is enough as it is.

>"Is French, the world’s new lingua franca?"
no, more people speak german than french

French has about 30 more native speakers

>"Is French, the world’s new lingua franca?"
>in english

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

millions

Top tier gif my man

We can change that

Nah, and I'm glad that's the case. Imagine if 100M nignogs spoke our language back in 2015, the blank horror...

It's from a newspapers in english, faggot

T b h, native is about 150 million in 2017 and german 90.
So 60.

Even in Africa, where most of the world's French speakers live, English is more commonly used as a lingua franca. English has a very solid lead over pretty much every other language in the world, in a way no other language ever has. French at its peak was the language of the elites all over Europe, but not the common people. Russian and German nobility spoke French to one another but Ivan the potato farmer and Hans the baker couldn't speak a word of it and neither did anyone else they knew. English is known at all levels of society (although obviously the richer people are still more likely to know it). Middle-class people all over Europe can and do communicate with one another in English. And it's an inertia thing, the more people know English the more useful it becomes as a lingua franca, so more people try to learn it, and so on.

People in the Soviet Bloc had no problem switching from French to Russian to English in a relatively short amount of time.

Lingua Franca can change on a whim if needs be and you may even live to see a world where the only one who'll understand your rumblings are old-farts in a retirement home.

Fun fact, the elite of Britain mostly supported French being the Lingua Franca in the 19th and early 20th century

It's English until China takes over and forces everyone to learn literally the worst language ever devised.
>see symbol you don't know
>no way to figure out what it means without asking someone
>no way to guess the pronunciation
>can't search for it online (unless google drastically improves the hand write function)
Enjoy.

>implying China won't mass learn French because of Jupiter

mmm yes I can surely see the trillions of lines of code making all our technologies being rewritten in a non-latin script just for the sake of it

>implying Japan will finally kill the horrendous Kanji system

From last report, chinese who study french increased because of the relation China-Africa

67 millions French
7.7 millions Quebec French
3.6 millions Walloons
2 millions Swiss French
1.7 millions Ontario French
226000 Louisiana French(includes Cajun)
120000 New England French
423000 Cambodia
VS
120 millions Africans

french is BLACK

>no way to guess the pronunciation

There are still Japanese characters which do have this feature. Radicals represent either the meaning or the sound, they're never put in for shit and giggles.

Given who they got this from, I'm pretty sure there are ways to guess pronunciations of the characters. You simply don't know about them.

This would be good

>The eternal butthurt sl*Void, what did you achieve huh

Kicked your asses all the way back to Paris. Also, it's funny how you calim that Napoleon would have led us to Mars when the USSR was in the forefront of Space explorations and would have achieved much more if it wasn't for g*rbachev.

The boss is white

But what has the potential to replace Enlish mid-/long-term
inb4 you're that memesperanto fag - in that case, good luck reaching more than a dozen native speakers by the end of the millennium

>mfw France will never, ever be relevant again

Funny how you always demonise that guy. You think things would've become better if he held on to the crumbling house that was the Soviet economy a couple years later, only to have a successor of his declaring its end in maybe 1995? This just would've made your bad 90s into an even worse 00s, and you'd now all hate Putin instead (if he had become the successor)
Don't shoot the messenger

indicators tell the opposite

>YOU'RE IRRELEVANT!

an utterly sublime feel

that's rich coming from the country that ensured it'll never be relevant again by leaving the EU
please stand aside and watch as France naturally uses your mistake to its advantage

pic
>westerner gorby apologist
you know ...WOW

they really don't.

I'm pretty sure Arabic is going to be the new lingua FRANCA

I see fear in your post, son.

> wish Napoleon won

I'm not saying he was your best leader and I even find it a bit cringy how some of our media/politics put him on a pedestal (though understandably to some extent because he is directly correlated to our reunification), but I just view him as someone who was at the wrong place at the wrong time, bringing you the bad, but inevitable news that USSR, at least in the form it was in late 80s, couldn't hold out any longer, without total economic collapse.
You should rather blame Yeltsin for the oligarch sell-out he did in the mid-90s, it's him who messed up the transition the most

Fuck off John de Percy Twatette

France never should have sold New France.

No you don't.
>Macron says something delusional and stupid
>meanwhile indicators tell that water is wet

You are a part of this
1 Trafalgar
2 money for coalitions

Althought Napoleon won the war of the Fifth Coalition, UK was devastated for the results and did almost nothing until russian winter fucked the big army. tfw

The Islands in the Carribeans were worth it, h-haha...

Is there a single French-speaking first world country?

No, ex French colonies like Tunisia and Morocco are trying to minimise the French language as much as possible in favour for English.

Switzerland

It's a better alternative than English to be honest, and also a more convenient one since it's easier for us to learn.

no , i want French to be replaced with English

I'd rather speak spanish than disgusting frog croaks.

You want ≠ Your gov

Ah, makes sense, but doesn't it de facto happen anyway with people communicating more and more via internet (such as we right now) nand international business takin place?
Only was in Tunisia once as young teen back in 2002, and only got along with my extremely rusty school French back then - nowadays English is more widespread as 2nd lang, at least among the younger?

yeah, I know that.read my first post
nowadays English is more widespread as 2nd lang, at least among the younger?
to a certain degree yes, English is pretty popular and spoken by a big chunk of young people but French is still the 2nd language in all fields including education

Macron in february in Tunisia to consolidate ties unlike previous gov

jeuneafrique.com/501331/politique/tunisie-emmanuel-macron-a-tunis-en-fevrier-pour-parler-securite-et-economie/

good for him. I don't blame the frogs, i blame our governments; we can have a good economical
relationship with France without using its language.

>m-mon hiver
The majority of the Grande Armee was dead before winter. I don't understand why you people blame a season for the destruction of your army.

Lol, Napoleon won all the battles in Russia.

I'd prove you wrong but I don't want to get fired from my job for misusing the office computer. Maybe I will post in /fr/ in 8 or so hours.

If you had focussed your politicial and manpower here on the Blue Banana instead of being megalomaniac with trying to conquer Russia (and conscripting lots of men from here who died horribly), we'd probably speak French now (but what can we say about megalomania and trying to conquer Russia, eh)
t. left-Rhiner

>acadians not mentioned, but "new england french" is

feels bad

:(

>Forefront of space exploration
Stop right there, commie. The French have contributed way more, they didn't starve millions of farmers.

Not a fan of French but it's a fact that English is a brainlet language holding back humanity because it rots people's brains with its inability to convey complex thoughts.

We're on the same boat in terms of feelings. I'd rather speak French than english.

>kicked your ass

>literally ran away and lit own city on fire

>some mongols on horses and a harsh winter tore up the army

>kicked their ass

ok

yeah , they fed millions of ungrateful americans instead

>ran away
Yes, the army retreated to the east to meet with the army that had just finished fighting the Turks
>Harsh winter and mongols
Just look it up. The majority of the army ceased to exist before the end of fall
>kicked their ass
Cossacks_in_Paris_in_1814.jpg

Almost none of the New Engand French speak the language