Reminder that the designers of ATLA are racist

Reminder that the designers of ATLA are racist

so am I, but nobody ever complains to me about it

She should come back for the third series.

Go back to tumblr.

How?

whats racist about your pic

I don't get it. She just looks like a cross between generic anime and Glen Keane girls. How is this racist?

>she actually looked closer to an actual inuit than she ended up looking in the show

fuck you shes cute

>Drawing someone of a different race is racist
Fuck off.

>why do these niggers have nigger traits?
>das waycist!
Fuck off

>Looks more like an actual inuit
>Looks better/more expressive than the final design
Reminder that OP is a faggot.

Idiots.

My point is that they TONED down the ethnic parts of her design.

Has someone actually done this? I want to see just how much righteous indignation they've summoned up to shit on a children's cartoon show.

That's because you're an internet racist and you'd never dare speak down to a member of another race to their face because they'd beat your ass. Coward.

Can't be helped. Bryan and Mike are huge weabs and anime characters all look like cats.

Nobody understood what you were getting at. You're the idiot for being so bad at explaining yourself. Not everybody thinks the same way you do, autismo.

Done what?

nigger

No one likes white people

Done a long annoying rant about how the show is racist?

That's it your an idiot

You should probably get off of Sup Forums then

>to their face
>i'm white

i would expect as much from a frogposter

Waste of trips. The Designers weren't racist then you ignorant shit. They DESIGNED Katara well. Additionally, even those who made the end version of Katara aren't racist since everything was drawn in a similar art style and many of Katara's features differ from Aangs or Zuko's or Tophs. Finally, the world of ATLA is a fictitious place with fictitious races based loosely on races that exist in our world. Perhaps you're racist to assume that persons from the southern water tribe look like a race on our world? Perhaps you're being insensitive by not recognizing that persons from the Southern Water Tribe have their own unique culture and heritage that you're belittling and trivializing by assuming that they're just animated inuits? Maybe you should consider stop trying to categorize people into lump groups and recognize that just because someone has similar skin color or similar looking eyes that they must belong to the same group of people.

Stop being such an obviously white racist.

make me dipshit

Still isn't racist.

Do real black people even like wide noses?

I don't give a shit if that question is racist, I'm asking it.

Nice defense, but they're still racist
Yes it is

No, it isn't. You have no idea what actual racism is. Stop being stupid.

I'll be whatever I wanna do.

If you can't see how it's racist, I pity your staggering lack of sense.

It's not racist, now matter how much you bullshit it. Changing from one race to another is not racism, it's the farthest thing from it. You are wrong.

No, they just toned down the AY LMAO parts.

They didn't change her race, she's still an inuit. They whitewashed her facial features, which is racist.

It looks worse than the final design, though. Her eyes and mouth are drawn loike they're painted on the face, while the nose is drawn with shading and line weights that make it stick out disproportionately, drawing too much attention.

She also looks like a creepy alien.

Thank you, user.

Why? Because she has blue eyes? Granted, that's very unusual for a colored person but not impossible.

no one likes wide noses

You've been watching too much anime, noses stick out.
I'm sick of this nose discrimination.

She's not an Inuit. She's Water Tribe. Inuit don't have blue eyes, and the Water Tribe as a whole has facial features and skin tones closer to Native Americans.

All the of the ethnicities in Avatar are fictional.

They also didn't "whitewash" her facial features. Her final nose and head shape is even less Caucasoid than this concept one.

no

t. black person with wide nose

No they didn't, she still looks like a non-white. Christ, you're so incredibly stupid it's fair to assume you're probably just trolling and not actually serious.

You literally can not make a justification for this without sounding racist as fuck.
I'd like someone to confront the artist about this, it'd be hilarious.

But I think in the end, it was more of the designer's incompetence and lack of skill that led them to make such a racist decision. They couldn't design a satisfactory stylized inuit (again, being racist and only studing white faces), so they decided to settle for white facial features instead.

The problem is that the nose is drawn naturalistically, while the mouth and eyes are drawn on more anime-like. It makes the nose pop out more than the eyes, which is bad design (unless the character's nose is important).

>white facial features
Katara's final facial features have a wide face, and a short, broad nose with wide nostrils.

I see your point, yes, I do see your point.
Still, it doesn't bother me any.

>wide face,
wut?

>it's racist because I say it is

Stay delusional and wrong, idiot.

I'm pretty sure op meant it was racist that they dident go with that design.
I disagree it was stupid but not racist but that's clearly what op meant

She has a very wide face. Considerably less narrow than OP's pic.

> wide face, and a short, broad nose with wide nostrils.
Lel what, where?
Look, give here a lighter skin tone and it becomes strikingly obvious that she was designed to be white.

Because apparently, brown people have unappealing facial features. Wouldn't want your cartoon protagonist to look like a shitskin, amirite?

It is, though. Any justification you come up with for the change in design will simply be a rewording of "we think brown people look ugly".

Nice fan art, retard.

Well then, why ISN'T she white, genius?

I do

>Any justification you come up with for the change in design will simply be a rewording of "we think brown people look ugly".

Nice projection. You're still wrong, and Katara was never that fucking white looking. Holy hell, you're seriously autistic over something that isn't nearly as racist as you claim it to be.

Chris Sanders

>Lel what, where?
Right there in your pic, you goof. Those aren't "white" facial features. The only reason you see them as such is because you see white as the default and thus anything that's not a racial caricature is "white".

See pic.

>Katara was never that fucking white looking
Of course. I gave her a lighter skin tone as an example.
Katara is literally wearing a blackface in the show.
How's that not racist?

And yes, there is no justification.
She looked like a brown person in the original version, and was changed to look less like a brown person.
Why? You literally can not answer this question without insulting brown people by extension.
>Her older design was unappealing
>Brown people are unappealing
>We wanted the design to appeal to a wider audience
>Nobody likes brown people
etc etc.

She doesn't look that white but he's right its kind of hard to justify it.
He's still a fucking faggot tjough

Nice cherrypicking.

She has the exact same face as Aang

How come there are so few black people in Avatar? Were they all air benders?

Can we just stop arguing for a moment, and agree that the original design is cute and should get rule 34'd

>She looked like a brown person in the original version, and was changed to look less like a brown person.
The only thing that looks any more "ethnic" about the concept art are her eyes, which were changed to generic animu eyes which don't resemble any real human's eyes. Her facial features in the concept art were MORE narrow and pointed, which are generally European facial features.

>Katara is literally wearing a blackface in the show.

No, no she isn't. You literally have no idea what blackface is if you think a girl with semi-white features is racist. You are incredibly wrong, so fucking wrong. It's laughable that you even think you're right in any sense of the word. Not even tumblr makes this many hoop jumps to prove one of their shitty points.

Except it is easy to justify it; The water tribe aren't meant to be a direct parallel of real world people. Their features not being 100% accurate to Inuit is not racist in the slightest.

Everyone in the Avatarverse is Asian. Except maybe the Water Tribe, who look more like Native Americans than anything.

I'm not white, though.
The only reason you see her as non-white is because you have no idea how non-white people look like. Any small deviation from the norm of the white aryan ubermensch aesthetic with blond hair, blue eyes and ideal Loomis-like proportions, for you, is non-white.
Which only demonstrates how racist you are.

>Katara is literally wearing a blackface in the show
I'm gonna need you to elaborate

>Her older design was unappealing
Said nobody, you're wrong.

>Brown people are unappealing
Again with the projections. It's so cute how you just go "Yo-y-y-y-y-you're just RACIST!" as if that somehow defeats a person's argument.

>We wanted the design to appeal to a wider audience
They went with a design that was easy enough to draw and animate while still being distinct, which it was.

>Nobody likes brown people
There's that projection again. Newsflash, retard; not every board is Sup Forums

Oh yes. Also there was a blog dedicated to how LoK was racist because it was apparently whitewashing Korra due to different lighting in certain scenes.

>Except it is easy to justify it; The water tribe aren't meant to be a direct parallel of real world people. Their features not being 100% accurate to Inuit is not racist in the slightest.
Which translates to:
>We had a race of brown people for the show, but decided to replace them with ethnically ambiguous people
Why? Now try to justify that.
>Because brown people are ugly
Yep.

>The only reason you see her as non-white is because you have no idea how non-white people look like.

No, that would be YOU who doesn't know if you really think Katara is remotely "white" looking. Get over your delusion already you fucking child.

>Any small deviation from the norm of the white aryan ubermensch aesthetic with blond hair, blue eyes and ideal Loomis-like proportions, for you, is non-white.
>Which only demonstrates how racist you are.
Even if someone did think the first thing, the second would not be true. How you decide ethnic groups is not racism. Racism is judging people based on their race.

>You literally can not answer this question in a way that I tell you you're not allowed to answer it in.

Literally the only person seeing "brown people are ugly" is you.

>>Because brown people are ugly

Alright, conversation is over; you can't handle any reasonable response and simply slap words into people's mouths. You have invalidated your entire argument with your inability to actually take reasonable counterpoints and just dumb them down to projected racism because you want so desperately to be right.

It's a simple logical conclusion, though.
They had a design that looked like a brown person, and then rejected it for a design that didn't look like a brown person.
There can't possibly be a non-racist reason to do that.

Then why was her design replaced with something that looked more like a white person?
There's no reason to do that unless you didn't like how the older design LOOKED. Ie, you think it's ugly.

Okay, what are you, then? I'm mixed Hispanic/Native and bear less of a resemblance to proto-Katara than show design. Sans the blue eyes.

White people are the ones that most frequently don't understand the concept of mukokuseki.

So you're saying all real brown people have double wide noses? Every single one?

You're racist, bro.

They're based on Inuits which are fairly closely related to Asians. Or rather they're like a "link" between Asians and Native American people.

The Avatar world is pretty clearly based on Asia, with distinct Chinese, Japanese, South Asian and Philippine/Pacific Islander equivalents.

She looks really cute in this one

You do realize not liking something doesn't have to mean it was a racist dislike. Are you really this fucking dense? Your reasoning is like that of a child.

>That guy called a woman a bitch, he's a sexist scumbag!

Or maybe he just called her a bitch? People can dislike things/people without having an actual issue with the person's ethnicity/sex.

>blue eyes

>Then why was her design replaced with something that looked more like a white person?
This question is loaded with the presumption that her final design looks more like a white person.

>a design that didn't look like a brown person.
There's that claim again.

>Yellow eyes

>omg, they gave her a trait more common in whiter skinned races, it's raciss!

This is you, this is how retarded you fucking sound you goddamn mongoloid.

PURPLE EYES!

Or sometimes red with a strange looking seagull!

it does, though.
Katara's final design is a white person with a brownface. She literally has blue eyes, lmao.