Kevin has 23 personalities...but some of them claim theres a 24th one that's an unstoppable killer

>Kevin has 23 personalities...but some of them claim theres a 24th one that's an unstoppable killer
>The other 20 personalities have been asking for help in secret
>did you know that there are people with DID that slightly change their physiology according to their dominant personality?
>B-b-ut how?
>DID YOU KNOW THAT PEOPLE ONLY USE 10% OF THE BRA-

AAAAAND dropped. FFS, It was pretty fucking interesting, but as soon as they fucking mentioned that shit, I just had to turn the player off. What the fuck, seriously I knew it was too good for a shamafaggot movie. I just have an irrational hatred against that fucking bullshit myth because despite the fact it was disproven like literally 60 years ago, people still quote it left and right and think its fucking real. Its why I couldn't watch LUCY either.

So, what did I miss? Was the rest of the film good? Should I give it another try?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicidal_person
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You need to watch it at 47% brain power to appreci8

It's a movie you fucking idiot. Do you only watch documentaries or something?

kek

If a movie propagates misinformation it's annoying. If a movie is based on misinformation the entire movie is annoying.

For capeshit it's pretty good.

split personalities is fake. it's just drama queens pretending.

this is a very stupid opinion. It's fiction you dumb faggot.

You get that it's a "supernatural thriller" right? If you got to the end you'd have known that it's in the same universe as unbreakable

>So, what did I miss? Was the rest of the film good? Should I give it another try?
It is in the same universe as Unbreakable, so do not be so butthurt about it. It is almost comic book movie.

It doesn't matter if its a movie, it's propagating a myth that won't fucking die and which a large majority of people consider to be true.

This would fix the movie imo because it would mean that Kevin was BORN with the ability instead of some "HE BELIEVED IT SO IT WAS TRUE!" bullshit.

Also that Psychiatrist shouldn't even have had a license

wew lad

Just like spider-man is propagating the myth that radio active spider bites give you precognition towards harm to oneself. This is complete bullshit because it only give you super strength and the ability to climb walls. Seriously FUCK spider-man.

>If a movie propagates misinformation it's annoying.
You anti-semetitic

>Was the rest of the film good? Should I give it another try?
Depends, do you like piss?

>cutting yourself gives you superpowers
dropped

>cutting yourself gives you superpowers
What? He never cut himself.

No, that's a shitty false equivalence because absolutely nobody asides from kids believe that radioactive spiders grant powers. Meanwhile a fuckload of people still believe the "10% of the brain" myth

The 10% myth really goobers my gonads, but I let it pass, because the character claiming that was seen as a quack and ridiculed. Even if she was right about Kevin.

No, you're just literally retarded user. No half measures. Cut out all fiction or stop complaining about stupid shit.

Watch season 2 of Twin Peaks.

Yeah but the twist is it's not because of the 10% it's because he has super powers and is going to fight Unbreakable's Bruce Willis and Samuel Jackson in the Unbreakable vs Split Universe.

Stop complaining or complain funnier

imagine being brain damaged enough to like this piece of shit

man how would you even prove something like that. its liking trying to prove the existence of consciousness.

But there ARE half measures whether you like it or not. There are varying levels of suspension of disbelief in every medium.

This movie was top tier dingdongkino.

You fuckers can't handle that a pooinloo actually made a good movie

>You thought it was a real window?
>STUPID BITCH AHAHAHAHA

The thing that bothered me most was how the beast just tanked fucking buckshot and how no one's going deaf from a shotgun going off in an enclosed space

I want her to bear my children.

It's already been proven. The thing the doc says about the different personalities having different physical conditions has been proven to be real. One personality may be allergic to a medicine, other may not, one may fall asleep immediately with a certain dose of certain med, other will not.

But it's nothing "THEY BELIEVE HE HAS UNBREAKABLE SKIN AND THAT HE CAN STICK TO WALLS SO THAT HAPPENS!", just very minor changes

>Six Sense
>Unbreakable
>Split
Admit it Sup Forums, he only good in comic book shit.

But it's super powers. It's a super hero cinematic universe.

I thought his powers were inspired by animals, skin from a rhino and all that. I'm no expert, but I don't think rhinos tank through getting shot, even with low pen rounds like buck

>Maybe I'll let you take an elevator up to the main lab floor, and I'll tell you about the time I saw a deer again

Like most of this board?

Couldn't they have just mobbed Hedwig?

>he was batshit insane
>great muscle development
>adrenaline rush
>no major organs injured in those shoots
It is semi believable. She needed to shot him in the head.

What's NOT semi-believable is her fucking up her shots that badly when her dad trained her so well. Or not killing or escaping her uncle long ago.

It's like he wants us to draw the conclusion that she was the sort of kid who liked being raped, this whole script was such a mindfuck.

You're right about that, I guess. Also, for the whole hunting part why didn't her dad wake up from the gunshot? And she'd shown herself to be a capable hunter all the way up to that point, most hunters would wait until a clear shot to slot him, why didn't she think to wait for him to try to break into the cage to fire?

Honestly she was scared out of her mind by that point despite her ability to handle being kidnapped itself, and despite seeing the bodies and all the fear of being raped would still be predominant in her mind out of habit, so the real question is, after the shots when he goes to bend the bars, why didn't she pee on herself?
Also was it just weird cinematography or is her superpower actually the ability to morph and conceal things, like not just that her uncle was "careful" in how he hit her but she can actually hide scars on her skin or maybe never even showed her uncle himself that she had scars from being hit by him, just naturally hid them with a superpower? Or has regeneration powers but the scars show when she's spooked enough?

>when her dad trained her so well
She was like 6 at that time? I doubt she remember much from it.

>Or not killing or escaping her uncle long ago.
Again, 6.
Also, before this incidents, she doesn't had a gut to do it.
This is why they added this police car scene. She finally can report her uncle.

>why didn't her dad wake up from the gunshot?
What?

Nigga what, Rhinos are tough as hell, it would take like 20 buckshots point blank to kill a rhino. I believe there's a video of some african hunter killing a fucking HIPPO and the guy has to shoot him like 4 times in the head with a high powered rifle.

No, he was shot in his bare chest with 12g 00 buck almost point blank, if somebody does that to a normal human being, they'll need to pick him up with a spoon.

We see her dad taking her to hunt ONE time, we also see she really didn't like hunting as she almost broke down crying when she killed the buck.

>why didn't she just shoot her uncle, she liked being raped

OK now you're just dumb, go take a look at real cases of child rape within families. like 90% of them go unreported until the victim is around 30 years old

>normal human being
Here your answer.

The scars were self harm, not inflicted by the uncle.

Child Rapists don't usually "tag" their prey like that

The entire argument was that it was semi believable to have a normal human being surviving the shots, its not

But 99.9999999% of self harm scars are on the forearms/thighs/lower stomach, not criss-crossed haphazardly everywhere.
Beyond that, wouldn't he just get mad at her and hurt her worse if he knew she was doing it? If so, maybe she hid them from him as well as everyone else with superpowers?

Wasn't she hunting with her dad and uncle when she attempted to shoot the uncle? I assumed her dad was sleeping when she fired.
And a charging elephant can be dropped with a single shot.
True but she did seem to have enough presence of mind to get in the cage

>The entire argument was that it was semi believable to have a normal human being surviving the shots
No it isn't.
We are talking about movie, movie with superheroes.
It is based in reality, but it is still a movie.

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

>she fired.
She doesn't.
>True but she did seem to have enough presence of mind to get in the cage
It was her only choice to retreated. Not elaborate plan. Just lucky spot.

>she doesn't
She did right when the uncle grabs the shotgun I thought.

No, this is was whole point of this scene.
She can't shoot, uncle dominated her.
She even hesitated before shooting beast.

IT'S TIME

Well shit.

What was the point of the wall climbing part?

I'm honestly concerned that there's such little awareness on mental illnesses, self harm and child rape.
Look, user, the majority of people who are ACTUALLY suicidal or who cut for real, cut themselves in the thighs, stomach, or back, only the attention fags cut themselves in visible places. She obviously didn't want anyone to see the scars since she was wearing literally 5 pieces of clothing on her upper torso.

And again, no, they don't usually physically hurt them because they're afraid somebody might be able to tell. It's easier for them to leave them untouched.
What exactly are you saying her superpower was? hiding scars?

She never shot at him.
>Charging elephant drops in 1 shot

from a 30-06 maybe, from a 12g buck? fuck no

yeah sorry I thought he was saying it was plausible for a normal human to tank through it.

The majority of people who are ACTUALLY suicidal hang themselves from a high place or eat a shotgun.
Anyone who cuts themselves as "self-harm" is not suicidal in the first place you retarded Tumblrkin.

McAvoy was the only good thing about this shitpile

What's the pen on 00 anyway? If I ever develop DID and start having some weird beast personality running through my head I'm just gonna leave the poor girl a .45-70

DO
IT

>I'm just gonna leave the poor girl a .45-70
I think he bought shotgun before beast personality.
And it was 3 years ago.

Ye, Kevin was supposed to be suicidal I figure.

No you dumbass, just because somebody is suicidal doesn't mean he'll go kill himself right away. Cutting is considered a suicidal tendency, but those who cut in visible places usually do so as a cry for help. The ones who cut themselves in hidden places do so to distract themselves from other pain or because they feel they deserve the pain. A person who is found to have cuts in hidden places is immediately classified as a suicidal person.

t. psychologist fag

Because it was mentioned earlier in the film as something that the horde believes the beast can do; Chekhov's gun. It's also a fairly eerie visual.

Why did they bother giving him so many personalities if they were never going to use most of them?

My friend hung herself, and before that she spent like 5 years cutting herself on her thighs and stomach. You're retarded, don't talk about shit you know nothing of.

pretty sure the beast would be taken down by a discording Zenyatta.

Ah yes psychology, the field that makes excuses for constantly being wrong by saying "oh we can't really know", yet people keep going into it instead of studying neural networks so we can know.

Your friend was a retarded attention whore for five years and then finally hung herself, desu

Maybe Shamalonadingaling had fleshed all of them out, but the studio told him most were shit and only allowed the few that were good to appear in the film.

WHY IS SHE STILL DRY?

I figured but it seemed so strange and out of place. It was kinda creepy tho.
The beast could be taken down by a lot of things

>she's not REALLY suicidal she just hung herself

You seem to confuse "suicidal" with "depressed", a common mistake. Everyone's fucking depressed, by the way.

I'm not even the guy your arguing with and i dont even study anything related but ive known since i was a kid that being suicidal=/=immediately killing yourself

>studying neural networks

Neuroscience is nowhere near having the capabilities of observing what psychology attempts to model. If you were familiar with the field beyond "dude STEM is awesome, but im not motivated enough to actually do/learn it myself lol" you wouldn't espouse such vacuous assertions.

Why am I even replying to this bait?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicidal_person

>Neuroscience is nowhere near having the capabilities of observing what psychology attempts to model.
Which is why, instead of making shit up and whining when no one respects your typically wrong guesses, maybe you should work on advancing the actually relevant field. But no, that might expose you to doing difficult things and having to invest years of your life in theories, then find out if you were actually right or wrong, not just continue making more shit up.
>vacuous assertions
99% of psychology is exactly this.

>I only know about tabletop internet psychology from "WHICH MOVIE CHARACTER ARE YOU?" quizzes so imma dizz on the entire field because I know jackshit of it, while proceeding to make a fuckload of extremely wrong claims like saying that a suicidal person is only someone who is putting a shotgun in his mouth, instead of simply a person who is seriously considering suicide"

It's definitely overrated, it's okay - certainly entertaining. But just like Unbreakable, you look back on it and struggle to remember anything interesting. It's like a 7/10.

Seriously, congratulations on your degree in projecting your inadequacies on clients, how's that for some armchair psych?

So nobody should've used cow pox to inoculate themselves against small pox because nobody understood the logistics of the immune response?

You're so full of shit it's astounding. The self esteem movement really made you faggots confident in your assinine observations of things you see as a point of pride that you how no experience studying. Should CBT be dismantled as a form of psychological treatment because the people who don't even understand consciousness are going to be more suited to fixing personality defects in the distant future? What exactly are you proposing based solely on your knowledge of the information half life of a century old field?

David Miscavige pls

Wait do you seriously think that public mental health has gotten BETTER since psychiatry bloated?
What planet are you living on faggot?
Psychiatry as a field has done incalculable harm to cohesive cultures and ensured no one can actually carry out any good ideas for fear of being flayed by micro-analysis by people who are easily bought for the mere promise of a little attention, a little controversy or scandal to shed a spotlight and maybe some funding on their particular largely arbitrary model of how they think people do or should think.

Normally I hate this, but it was an unrealistic sci-fi horror. It wasn't like Lucy that was supposed to be "deep".

For a man who claims to hate baseless assertions about reality, you sure love doing it.

t. brainlet who only used 1.33% of his brain.

see if someone is a pleb if they chimp out over the 10% brain thing

I got a boner when the beast was eating the girls

Bullshittt

Man, Lord of the Rings must really get you, huh

>thicc blonde dies
Stopped watching there

ITT: /sci/ invades Sup Forums