Star Trek General: Where Do They Poop Edition

Ever notice there aren't any toilets in Starfleet crew Quarters, even for officers? If the Enterprise-D is any indication, even their flagship inhabited by over a thousand beings has only one restroom.
youtube.com/watch?v=UAKQzZfpaz8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7nrb8TlAaiw
youtube.com/watch?v=dJf2ovQtI6w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Beamed out.

have you ever heard this sound coming from someone's pants in any scene in any incarnation of star trek?
youtube.com/watch?v=7nrb8TlAaiw

You are now imagining Troi taking a fat shit and a long piss into her state-of-the-art mass-and-odor-trapping space diaper where it will remain as a noticeable bulge and perhaps be added to a few more times before she disrobes and washes her genitals, discarding the weighty but mostly clean on all exposed surfaces diaper into the general trash. If it fills up too close to max absorbency before she has the opportunity to get back to the privacy of her own room, she'll have to strip it off and urinate into something else. Since there are replicators, no sinks are aboard the ship. She has to use replicator-made water to wash herself in the first place. She's forced to piss in a shower or just into whatever container may be handy, literally ducking into the elevator for a moment to use her piss jug.

Fuck no, they crap in the replicator so now YOU'RE thinking of Troi eating one of her Chocolate Fudge Sundaes and where that reconstituted matter it's made of comes from.

I just finished marathoning the entire series, from ToS to Enterprise, including the animated series

What do I do now?

Holy shit it's the only way to get around conservation of mass, isn't it?
For every recessed replicator bay, a receptor bay which pulls out of the wall beneath it. Allows them never to even mention it for politeness' sake because it's part of the replicator, and no one talks about it because it's unpleasant and they have to keep eating the food to live. But zero privacy, so you're now imagining a blushing Troi tinkling in a quiet sector when a whole brigade of redshirts pass by her on their way to the holodeck and half of them just walk by and pretend not to notice or cough politely, and the other half try to give her some sort of respectful greeting in deference to her station.

Speculate about how Troi relieves herself with us, obviously.

watch the various fan series like Star Trek Continues...
youtube.com/watch?v=dJf2ovQtI6w

Babylon 5
Blake's 7
Legend of the Galactic Heroes

because explicit sex and defecation dont advance story lines, they are not part of most movies. implied sex can move a story forward, but lovemaking is better implied than explicit, otherwise it becomes a film that simply turns you on. just like subtitles for space aliens just looks awkward most of the time.

wasted your time, enterprise isn't canon
>le ugly lizard man suliban
>temporal cold war!!!!
>hapa vulcan whitey baby
disgusting

So why can't we have scenes in which Troi's defecation is implied to advance the plot?

that kirk is ugly as fuck, and sounds like total trash

also
>it is now possible to produce a 1960s era show if your mother's basement

You're kidding right? His Kirk impression is down pat and not in that over the top parody version (which he can also do like when he played Zap Brannigan in a live action Futurama fan film) and it totally is possible and done because they recreated most of the sets perfectly.

because it's a little too on the nose to do social allegory storylines when they involve feces.

that door over there isn't a bathroom, it's a turbolift shaft, god I hope Riker hadn't been shitting in there even when it was convenient. On the other hand the Enterprise-D is supposedly self sanitizing.

>Holy shit it's the only way to get around conservation of mass, isn't it?

No because mass and energy are essentially the same thing.

I like the idea that they all just squat in the transporter room and leave.

energy would theoretically take up even MORE space because it would have to be stored as potential energy in some sort of chemical base

What a shitty thread

The ships have huge matter-antimatter reactors. Energy generation isn't a concern.

They did all of those shitty episodes about what a player Riker's supposed to be for no real reason, it's less of a leap than you think.

>limitless energy, in cold empty space

>empty space
not entirely empty, just mostly empty. They use the Bussard Collectors to gather interstellar deuterium particles as a supplementary way to regain fuel.

Controlled antimatter release undergarments, there you go, they literally just shit at a controlled rate.

That Spock is ridiculous. Kek

oh well fair enough, have fun watching Star Trek Discover instead. I'm sure that corporate cash-on be much better than a love letter by die hard fans.

That's a shitty love letter.

you didn't even watch it so shut your summerfag edgelord mouth.

>That Spock

Are you the guy that plays that annoying Kirk or the chink looking Spock?

Reminder that Pressman did nothing wrong.

True, that shit would have come in handy during the dominion war, when Sisko started using the cloak in the Alpha quadrant anyway even though the Romulans told him not to.

>Computer, transport the contents of my bowels into Ensign Crusher's mouth on my mark, Authorization Picard Alpha One. Mark!

Tacticool away team gear.

you hype?

where can i find a non-ants version of this?

over my bed

MACO/10

so first shot of discovery bridge.

Lot brighter than the Shenzhou.

so what color do you want the bridge to be painted?
>blue
and the lights?
>blue
and the monitors?
>blue
and what about the uniforms?
>blue
and the captain's eyes?
>blue
and his hair?
>blue

I had that poster over my bed growing up

Not canon how?

it diverged too much from pre-existing canon so the "temporal cold war" is used to explain it away as it being a divergent timeline where all those incongruities happened.

Yo, listen up, here's a story

to act as a final fail safe should any woman somehow make it that far

"Computer, redirect all organic waste produced by female members of the crew directly to the replicator in my quarters."
>"Acknowledged."
"O-o-oh, one more thing, computer."
>*BEEP*
"Disengage safety protocols."

>FIRST CASE OF CHOLERA IN FEDERATION TERRITORY FOR TWO HUNDRED YEARS; PERVERT BLAMED, RECEIVING COUNSELLING.

>cholera
>in the current stardate
biofilters my friend

>It's a Flotter and Trevis engage in psychosexual fireplay episode

Was this really supposed to be appropriate for children?

you cant discern their rank

Boy that looks awful

interesting point, there's no rank insignia on either that I can see, unless the four stripes on both of his shoulders is it. Are there any shots of lower ranking officers with three, two or one stripe on their shoulder to confirm or refute this?

the starfleet badge has 4 (i think) cutouts in it that may or may not designate rank

>its a barclay episode

into the fucking trash it goes

oh yeah, well maybe. I thought it might be the gold stripes because that's how they do it in TOS right? Except it's on the cuff of their shirt sleeves

Hands up!

ive no idea really. its not very aesthetically pleasing. if you zoom in on the gold emblems around the jacket, they are tiny starfleet symbols. looks like shit.

Doesn't look like there's any relation between shoulder stripes and rank.

>essential - gold
>important - silver
>expendable - bronze
Ouch

yo

ayy

I have a question. Why were the other founder members of the Federation ok with Earth being the capital?

kek

It's kinda stupid you have all these races that are space travelling for centuries and should have each built up an interstellar empire by then but then come the humans with no spacefaring chops and say hold up we got this and everyone's just like yes make us your bitch and everything is earth ranks, earth letters on space ships, earth designed spaceships, earth as capital, earth style interiors, earth derived military culture.

Now image TOS in these uniforms.

Because all the other races were already past that point, so they simply allowed the Earthlings to play the "space exploration".

Think about it this way. If some warmongering race decides to punish or paralyze the Federation by destroying its Capital, they will achieve nothing, because it would be "just" the Earth.
It's completely logical.

>Vulcans are autistic and don't want dirty lesser races coming to their home planet anyway
>Andorians are humanboos
>Tellarite ambassador protested but Archer or whoever called him a hairy pig jew faggot and probably a cuck and told him to fuck off, which the Tellarites considered a master-craft of persuasive language and acquiesced immediately
That's how Humans became the leaders of the federation and the dominant alpha quadrant species

Worf is terrible on DS9. It's a terrible rehash of his story arc on TNG (loses his honor, wife dies, son resents him). He took valuable time away from the far superior and more interesting Chief O'Brien. Erasing his brother's memories is fucking retarded.

Prove me wrong.

Women would be so fucking useless on long term space missions. Same way they're useless in the navy.

>Watching DS9 Past Tense
>they are talking about riots in sanctuary cities by 2024
fuck... Trump was supposed to put a stop to those

That's kinda true, but he probably stole more episodes from Jadzia than anybody else (since she was the resident Klingon expert before Worf joined) and Jadzia is shit, so that's a good tradeoff.

The worst story arc rehasher was EMH, who rehashed measure of a man like every other episode in the later seasons of Voyager.

kek

DS9 Worf is better because they realise that he's a great deadpan, and that being a prickly anal guy actually makes people dislike you in most cases.

The ship scans people's large bowels and bladder and beams out the waste as it accumulates.

The writers of DS9 must have hated Ronald Moore or something because they shit all over the Klingon storyline he wrote in TNG.

DS9 did a lot of things better than TNG, but other than Martok, the Klingons are far and away better and more interesting in TNG. They took such a huge shit on Worf's entire story and struggle to regain his family's honor. Sometimes I like to think Worf on DS9 never even existed.

Ron Moore was literally one of the supervisors for DS9.

Oh no, goyim (almost all Star Trek writers were Jewish The new Captain in Jewish). There's sanctuary cities in the future because the ebil nazi's won't share any more of their sheckels! They asked for some of ours, but you know, Holocaust and such.

Is Sulu Grant?

it's not a matter that all the other founding members are okay with it

it's about humans being humans. "the federation is for everybody!" and then Star Fleet is 90% humans. everyone's taking the free bible handouts but the only ones who really believe are the ones handing them out.

you know these aren't nearly as bad as I want them to be.
some of these things are even good

i bet you say this to all the girls

I saw most of a Voyager episode on TV yesterday and it was so fucking bad that I don't think I'm going to even try to watch Voyager like I was planning to.

oh man didn't realize I was being brainwashed by jews. It seems like the jews didn't consider racism still a problem in 2024 which is hilarious

They just use mini transporters to zap the poo out of your butt

Yes

What are /trekgenerals/ scifi universes power rankings?

1. The Expanse
2. Pitch Black
3. Alien/Aliens
4. WH40K
5. Trek
6. BSG
7. Babylon 5
8. Star Wars

not seen: Firefly, Stargate, Andromeda

1. Trek
2. Stargate
3. WHO CARES LOL

Warhammer 40k is gothic power fantasy parody.
Babylon 5 is okay, but very limited by its focus and budget.
Star Wars is okay as an original trilogy fantasy.
Star Trek is incoherent as a setting, but okay if you don't think about it as anything more than definitive archetypes for space settings.

Everything else is trash. Sci-fi on television and film is terrible. Hacks like Clarke ruined it in book form a long time ago.

>it's dead jim
i tried

The individual cabins do have toilets. They show up on the floor plans.

>Address "why don't they have amour"
>In a prequel where they then have to explain why they stop later
>Ignore "why would you send the Captain and First Officer on an away mission to a hostile planet with no backup?"
gg, STD

I wouldn't be surprised if Moore was involved in all the rehashes, Battlestar Galactica is basically the greatest hits of DS9 and Voyager except done properly with humans who are more like us than Starfleet.

I used to have that poster when I was a kid. It was fucking awesome.

In space nobody can hear you poop

You forgot farscape.

Hits too close to home, huh?