Is Transformers the most unstoppable franchise in the history of Hollywood...

Is Transformers the most unstoppable franchise in the history of Hollywood? Critics have been pounding these films with worse and worse reviews and yet they keep getting made.

Hell, they're getting made FASTER now. You'd think after the three year break, The Last Knight would be the final one. But no. There's not one, but TWO more scheduled, for next year and the year after.

How the fuck do they do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EbXhRsGy0yM
youtube.com/watch?v=CC8gGqaW5ZU
youtube.com/watch?v=8guxsR0k_AU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You can´t stop Baykino with mere critics.

they are mindless action, they have their place in cinema apparently

They're funny, cool as fuck and don't take themselves too seriously. Great for all ages. Kids love em, dads love em, girls loves em, bros love em. Moms are forced to see them.

Actually, my mother loves them too.

I wish my mom liked them

lmfao Michael Bay stepped down after The Last Knight.

imo movie was 8/10

I think mine mainly just loves Mark Wahlberg.

>Bay steps down
>movies are made faster instead of slower
What's up with that?

Hm.

Bay is an actually good action director who involved himself for far too long with this tripe

Is it possible he delayed the films for our own good? Is Bay... our guy?

Would you say they're hella rad?

Frick yeah, man. They own. Hard.

Nani?

>Bay is an actually good action director

haha

>Fast and Furious franchise
>Transformers
>Star Wars
>Harry Potter / extraordinary beasts
>Marvel
>James Bond

Enjoy the age of CU and shut up.

But in seriousness, western cinema is dead.

ITT: Contrary fags

Cringe dialogue, way too much human shit, way too long

What the fuck is CU?

lol, you watched it? I haven't seen one since the second movie.

CU(CK)

Don't forget the Dark Universe.

I can't believe they are actually calling something that. Not even a more descriptive name, just "Dark Universe."

To be fair that criticism applies to literally every Transformers movie so he doesn't have to watch it to know.

It was a 2 hour action scene. You didn't go 5 minutes without a chase or explosion.

Also what the fuck happened to Prime? He gets to cybertron and wonders why it was destroyed? Did he fprget the 3rd movie when they blew up the space bridge half way through its teleportation? Why did everyone act like they won at the end? Half the fucking planet was scraped off and there's something larger than the moon inside earth's atmosphere.

Find out in our cool new Transformers spinoff, Bumblebee. Coming June 8, 2018. Bee there.

>Sup Forums is so contrarian they like these turds now

The only good part of these movies is CGI, which, unlike most blockbuster movies, isn't garbage.
Soundtrack is pretty good too, shame Michael Bay keeps Steve Jablonsky in his basement only allowed to make OST for Transformers.

Critics are way too hard on the new trilogy. I'm not some diehard Transformers fan - I had a few toys as a kid and thought the first movie was pretty decent, and that the sequels were bloated incoherent crimes against cinema. I'm pretty indifferent to Michael Bay as well. He can stage a good action scene and create colorful sequences of images that look like commercials, which is all Transformers was and is.

But the movies took a big leap in quality when they brought on Marky Mark. Less focus on humans, less pointless celebrity cameos playing useless scenery, more distinctive bots, more color and cohesion to their designs. The story is scaled down and unlike, say, Revenge of the Fallen, things actually happen and you get to see big spectacle shit that you should have known you were paying to see - like Optimus Prime with a sword riding a robotic dinosaur into battle. That's the kind of shit I always wanted from these movies from the start.

The tone is still fucked and the humor is usually awkward and forced. They even keep the little niggerbot from the old ones around in the latest one for no reason, and as always all of his dialogue could be cut and there would be no consequence to the film itself. But for what they are, and what they've shaped themselves into in the eyes of pop culture, I think they're better than ever. It's a shame to see Bay leave the franchise (if he really is).

Are their sick transformations in this movie like in 1 & 2, with ten to thirty second animation sequences, or is it that stupid transformium tier bullshit from 4.

Can I jump in with Age of Extinction and miss nothing about the plot? Really don't want to watch any movie where Shia LaBeouf is the protagonist but I like Marky Mark.

Did the QT Latina get her tits out?

Wow this scene was great, it really shows how threatening the bad robots were. Also Automus's voice actor is really good, the moment he talks in the beginning makes it even more epic.

youtube.com/watch?v=EbXhRsGy0yM

I just watched the first movie for the first time, it was a bit cheesy but the action sequences were really, really exciting.

Which movies should I skip? Or should I watch all of them?

The transformations are short for the most part but there are quite a few

No, but I don't doubt she has compromising pics somewhere

The first is the only one where the decepticons pose a real threat, and almost beat the Autobots outright.
Honestly if you really enjoyed the first you may as well watch the rest of them. Even the worst ones, ROTF and AOE, do have redeeming qualities to them

In the third movie the decepticons invade and destroyed Chicago. Part of this flick takes place there and it's a burned out warzone because of that.

the first movie probably had the best transformations and fights, like the art team actually put effort into it; like in this video bonecrusher's transformation is brutal and rigid - he destroys the road and violently runs through a bus, which shows his character while Optimus's is fluid and less abrasive.
youtube.com/watch?v=CC8gGqaW5ZU

just watch 1 and 2, they had the best fights and transformation sequences, 2 is still bad storywise but action sequences are top tier

from 3 it's just annoying human subplot and two second transformations and all your favorite characters get jobbed like nothing

Don't go see transformers

Can't flay the Bay

I am surprised to hear this considering a common criticism of the first film is that the fights are all a jumble of machinery where you can barely make anything out. I never found out if they improved upon that, though.

Even Michael Bay's appearance is kino. He looks like an 80s action hero.

Yes. They explain what happened in the previous movies (nothing of consequence outside of 3's climax) in a few simple lines of dialogue. For all intents and purposes they are separate trilogies.

First one was kino, second was ok because all the cast was back for another go

Three was forgettable as fuck, four was without doubt one of the WORST movie's I've ever watched.

Took me 4 goes to watch it, I had to keep pausing it and take a long break it was so mind numbing, and when a movie has Kelsy Grammar and Stanley Tucci in it, that is quite a feat.

Shoulda cut Walberg completely out of the movie desu, Kelsey and Tucci where interesting enough

The first movie is now 10 years old.

The years are flying by far too quick.

No thanks to you, Satan.

the human stuff has been improved significantly since the fourth movie by removing labeouf

fuck the critics

who here /litty/

This makes me realize that Bay probably did this Transformers film because it was the ten year anniversary and he wanted it to be his farewell to transformers.

>mfw Tucci showed up as Merlin in the prologue

Well a bunch of critics are old, I don't blame them for being unable to see fast paced scenes in movies. Either way the movies are still bad, I just felt the transformations gave more personality to each of the robots, and we slowly lost that over the course of the newer movies.

Blackouts transformation being unfazed by bulletfire in military presence.
Barricade as a police car, a form of authority; when he first reveals himself his body is cascaded with sharp protruding metal pieces, something we can associate with danger and hazard.
Bonecrusher in the freeway, he rips the cement pavement and swings his body like a rabid animal.
Megatron transforming into a jet and when he transforms again to land (camera starts from ants eye view).

Like even small subtle things like body parts locking together, the tire rubber sound, all that shit, it made the transformers as characters much more interesting than just a regular robot.

so to anybody who saw it how does it fare compared to the other installments?

Don't they make like a billion dollars from China everytime?

As someone who used to be a hardcore transformers fan (and I say used to just because I'm not following the most recent cartoon show which is just awful, and I kinda lost track with the comics after the shitty all hail megatron and the even shittier reboot that followed it but for all I know there could be some good stuff in there) I wholeheartedly agree with this, the tf movies never had any pretension of being anything other than some light popcorn entertainment every few years, but the last two movies severely cut down on the more annoying aspects and replaced the terrible actors with people who are actually likeable, Stanley Tucci playing evil Steve Jobs and marky mark over the fucking obnoxious parents and shitty shia labeouf

I miss the decepticons having identities in general.

Also starscream had a lot of personality when he showed up to the fight too. Especially since even the auto bots seemed afraid when they spotted him.

Yeah, China is basically the decider of whether films succeed. America doesn't mean jack shit.

I liked the second movie desu

Different guy and my mom loves them too.

Awesome mom bros.

3 was the best one

Why is that?

Why is that?

I respect Bay more than pretty much every producer of capeshit. He doesn't sugarcoat the fact he's making a big dumb kids movie, he just rolls on. Critics keep whining and and his bank account keeps smiling. Does that mean his films are necessarily good? Hell no, but his honesty is refreshing in a medium filled with frauds. Not to mention he's unironically pushing boundaries filmmaking tech and techniques. There's a reason he's friends with Spielberg. Though I kinda wish (((Berg)))'s skill to make likable characters and genuine emotion rubbed off in Bay whatsoever.

>Western Cinema is dead
>Stronger than it's ever been

It's not in always in the theaters that movies shine anymore hombre. It isn't dead, it's just changing a lot. Time to throw out those VHS recordings labeled in sharpie, grandpa.

Jablonsky's theme for the first Transformers was really great. Shame he doesn't get more work. All of the music in MCU is garbage, they could use him.

Good is subjective anyway. If it makes money, that means there are people who enjoyed it. Simple as that.

>All of the music in MCU is garbage
youtube.com/watch?v=8guxsR0k_AU

>credits sequence
That doesn't count bud. Though I'll say a better example would be Doctor Strange's score, that's one I feel is pretty underappreciated.

>no one is even going to mention "Time user's" 6666 quads

Not even sure where I am anymore.

I was actually going to link something from Doctor Strange first but I didn't have a link handy. I agree, it's pretty good.

Yeah, it was a great score kinda sad Giachinno's Spiderman score sounds so incredibly bland in comparison to almost all of his other works. Spidey's main theme is kinda nice but that's about it. Sad considering almost all his music has been Giakino.

Here's the reason this franchise keeps making money

I need to rewatch 3 to see which I prefer, but it's the runner up to 1, and leaves 2/4 in the dust.

I think I might rank it lower than 3 because it was sort of marketed as this dark thing, where we'd have to really reflect upon Optimus' actions, and then I went to see it and there was so much potential for character introspection, exploration, and development that for a while I actually got a little cozy. But they didn't follow up on it. It at least had a corny, feel good theme of friendship and camaraderie consistently going on through out, and I liked that. It's a good installment.

Getty Images is the reason? Damn them.

I like Megatron.
I genuinely do.

Liking transformers is where I draw the line with contraryfags

You people can't possibly be serious? I've only seen the first one and it's one of the dumbest movies of all time

BOOM PEW PEW LOOK AT THIS HOT GIRL, QUIP, PISSING JOKE

Unless you are enjoying this ironically why are you watching?

I feel bad for people who can't have fun.

I do too.

>having fun
FUCKING DISGUSTING, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU. UGH.

t. Geewunner

>How the fuck do they do it?

We're just approaching the end point where every movie starts with the question: "what will the Chinamen want to watch this year".

One in five people on the planet is Chinese. For some reason they also still like going to the movies, something that's dying in the west.

What the fuck do you expect will happen long term? If you thought Hollywood propaganda was insufferable before, now enjoy every fucking movie pandering to China.

Age of Extinction broke the Chinese box office record as the highest-grossing film of all time in China, having earned $222.74 million in ticket sales in less than two weeks. For comparison, it made $245 million in total in US.

It made almost triple the money outside of the US. The US is the minority audience right now.

What DOES China like in their movies?

Tons of of weird cg action

Right now there's an America-boom going on in the more capitalistic areas (such as Shenzhen)

The fourth film is really the only legitimately terrible film in the series.

On a technical level these films are outstanding and if you take the plot seriously enough to nitpick it then you are autistic, its just an excuse for the bayhem to begin.

Personally my favorite is the second one because it has the best fight scenes like the one in the forest between Optimus and the three Decepticons.

I saw the Last Knight yesterday and the last battle is beautiful

Time to drop some truth bombs on you guys.
China doesn't like these movies.
Chinese people rarely go to the cinema to watch movies, they go to te cinema as a purely social outing. Instead of hanging out somewhere else, they hang out in the cinema to send messages on wechat, eat their sunflower seeds, smoke cigarettes and have conversations with each other. Movies like Transformers and the FF franchise are just the movies that are marketed heaviest so those are the movies with the most daily screentimes in the cinema. When Chinese say they liked it, they do it because they went to see it and know it's popular so they say they liked it. Individualism is non-existant in this country.
TLDR; they don't care what movie they see when they go to the cinema.

Cool fights. Go watch more Jackie Chan.

Generally, I agree but I can see why the plot's shortcomings are such a drag for people. Starting especially in the last 2 there's just so much potential that's squandered.

BEFORE TIME BEGAN THERE WAS THE CUBE PLOT DEVICE
WE DONT KNOW WHERE IT CAME FROM
YOU NEVER WILL FIND OUT
*cut to desert military*
yo hollup ur momma, yo your momma let me make sure the audience heard it so someone be laughing

>but its just fun turn ur brain off bro
Not even reddit tier, this is kiddy 13 yr old garbage

>yr
t. Reddit

Then explain Pacific Rim.

But loud ass Transformers movies are probably among the worst to go to if you want to hang out and chat.

He stepped down after literally every single one of these.

He may (*may*) be skipping out on the Bumblebee movie, but he'll be back for Trans6mers.

That scene at the end with Optimus and Bumblebee driving was dope.

The question is who they'll replace Wahlberg with since he really is done. Maybe Ryan Gosling? That'd be pretty sweet.

I find it hilarious that he's actually of eastern European descent but was adopted and raised by Jews.

The fight scene in a forest was great, but it lasted for like 2 mins and the rest of the movie was complete garbage.

>How to spot Reddit 101
Examples are listed below
>To be fair...
>You watched it?
>Cringe

I guess you could say Transformers is...
឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴

឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴
឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴

឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴
឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴

឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴
More than meets the eye.

>that image
reddit