> Love interest
> Quip
> Weak ass villain hamfisted in for forced conflict
> Quip
> Forced world building
> Quip
> Big climax action scene
> Post credits scene/Quip

What's that? the character arc is incomplete?

That's why you watch the next 12 movies and wait for the season finale in 2019.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MSGNmaIBww8
youtube.com/watch?v=pX3coWDnTrU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>That's why you watch the next 12 movies and wait for the season finale in 2019.
The exact reason I can't get into marvel.

>Forced world building
What did he mean by this?

I never feel like I've watched a complete film with Marvel.

Its always consistently "meh" movies.

Avengers 1 was great though.

They literally hired TV directors to make their films. This isn't cinema. This is weekly TV marketed as cinema. I can't believe people are falling for this.

I HATE COMICBOOK MOVIES! SO CORNY!!

Sprinking Thanos and Infinity stones everywhere, even when the story has no use for them.

Its like every Marvel film you watch is an advert for the next one.

Bravo Kevin Feige!

The shadows dont match on warhammer, he looks like he was pasted on top in MS Paint

CBM used to be decent before Disney arrived and turned it into a fucking factory of shitting out rushed clones undergone way too many focus tests.

>a streaming show is more cinematic than the cinematic universe

Huh really gets those synapses a sznipin an a sznapping.

Welcome to capeshit, the bottom of the barrel of cinema.
Although it's funny that you consider IM1 not garbage.

So from the looks of it, the early MCU movies actually are well directed. Which one should I stop at if I want to escape "Marvel Now"?

Avengers

Everyone looks out of place. Look at Spidey. It's like they realized Sony was going to let them rent him so they just forced him in there last second.

It fucking tells you something when Spider-Man 2 from almost 15 years ago beats modern Spidey in convincing visual effects.

Winter Solider isn't very well directed but it's the last decent movie they made. Haven't seen GotG2 yet so don't know about that. Oh and skip Iron Man 2 and both Thors.

>capekino
Is there a bigger oxymoron in cinema?
All superhero movies are garbage with terrible plots.
No, pretty shots won't make them stop being the embodiment of everything wrong with Hollywood.
These movies are never born from a creative spark, or a desire to make them, they are born from a bunch of 50 year old suits wanting to make easy money with cheap garbage based on a medium and stories exclusively made for children.

>it's another "redditors are butthurt that people like superhero movies" thread

That's literally what happened.

Feige asked the writers to prepare a version with spidey, incase the deal goes through.

but reddit is the pillar of superhero craze

what exactly are you trying to say?

But only redditors watch capeshit.

It's pretty much only Iron Man 1. And then Disney bought Marvel and it all turned into kiddy garbage.

But if you want to watch one film that feels like an actual director made it and not a comittee of Disney execs, I guess Iron Man 3.

Also typical of Disney to drop the almost politically incorrect attitude of Stark.

It's a guy with a retarded costume, there's no way to make manchildren wearing bat costumes convincing.
It's fucking retarded, everything about superheroes is dumb as fuck.

>All superhero movies are garbage with terrible plots.
This is what cynical MCU drones actually believe. You can keep scream and shout how everything is as bad as your shitty TV-show movies but it won't change what an utter embarrasment the MCU is to this genre.

>the early MCU movies actually are well directed
No, it's not.

>Which one should I stop at if I want to escape "Marvel Now"?
How about you stop right now and watch good movies instead?

Why isn't' this a DISNEY hate thread?

They're the ones that took this shit way too fucking far, now we get 5 fucking superhero films every year and a Star Wars every year, poisoning both the box office and the two entities themselves. Hollywood just don't know how to let a good thing die. Iron Man 1 and 2 were fantastic movies and now are complete shit because of this stupid fucking cinematic universe, Star Wars was shit past the original 3 and same goes with the Hobbit/LOTR.

Spider-Man 2 was just an amazing film all around. What it tells me is that very few directors can compare to Raimi's greatness.

Yes redditor, your dumb as fuck joints with retarded main characters wearing terrible costumes are so good.
God, I love reddit.

This.

+ Disney ruined Star Wars

>Spider-Man 2 was just an amazing film all around.
How?

Can Marvel supporters really defend their choice of filmmakers, as risk-taking artists or even simply talented at making exciting action set pieces or memorable characters? Of course not. It really isn't surprising, considering most of them come from bottom-of-the-barrel Apatow-tier comedies or TV sitcoms.

Notice how the good/interesting capeshit filmmakers come from deeply visual genres (Raimi, Del Toro from horror, Burton and Bird from animation). They also seem to have a genuine love for the material, as it was part of the counter-culture when they grew up.

People like Nolan or Singer who come from solid neo-noir thrillers; while not visionary or creative have at the very least an elegant style of filmmaking and try to tell thematically meaningful stories, treat their characters/universes seriously and the audiences with respect. The MCU is the most cynical work Hollywood has ever shat out, treating its audiences like actual Downs children leaving no sense of substance or nuance.

>Iron Man 1 and 2 were fantastic movies
They are if the only stories you've experienced until then are videogames.

Np superhero movie can be a good movie, that's a fact.

Oh look, it's this guy.

Alright buddy, put your money where your mouth is. List five of your so-called "good movies."

Quick rundown?

>They also seem to have a genuine love for the material
Why?
Why would anyone love that trash?
Why would anyone love power fantasies made exclusively with children in mind?
Why would anyone love the retarded story of a guy who got bit by a spider and can suddenly crawl walls?
Why would anyone love all this pile of cringeworthy trash?

>That one MCU drone quoting everyone saying how all CBM are as bad as his shitty MCUs
No you fucking faggot. The MCU has set the bar so low that even a child could come up with something more dramatic and exciting. Truth is that MCU acts as polar opposite to its predecessors, being incredibly stale, safe and visually garbage. While Raimi, Del Toro, Burton and Nolan were all going wild with the source material, taking it in bold new directions, Disney has instead created a massive comfort space where they basically shit out the same film twice a year and watch as idiot manchilds eat that shit up.

Anyone who defends MCU hates not only the genre but cinema as whole.

Bottom of the barrel creatives for the bottom of the barrel genre on movies.

I get the scene but not the two posts.

>why aren't all stories like muh Disney kiddy MCU

I will even add that the actual kids films Disney made in the 90's had better writing and took themselves more seriously than the MCU is. The MCU is basically one big giant joke where nothing is taken seriously and you're supposed to have a smug distance to everything happening because that's the era of non-sincerity we apparently live in now. So shut the fuck up next time you try to defend MCU's infantile writing that is an insult to even Disney's animated films.

>were all going wild with the source material, taking it in bold new directions

This is what the manchild audience of capeshit believes.
You will never be anything but laughing stock of Hollywood.

Because it's a kids genre and they grew up with it as kids? It's one thing to be a capeshit basher which I currently agree with, but you're being autistic if you can't comprehend why people watch superhero films.

You try to make sense of this forced as fuck quip.

I'm not defending the MCU, i'm attacking superhero based media as a whole, which is a cancer that, of course, comes from comics, the second worst storytelling medium ever.

I don't, I seriously don't comprehend why people watch all this retarded trash with characters who wear garbage that wouldn't stand out in a LGBT parade.

Again desperately attempting to devalue geniune talent into same category as your shitty MCUs. Your act is very transparent and nobody is falling for it. Had OP been speaking well of the MCU you'd be posting about how much GoTG2 made you ROFL. Very transparent and dishonest MCU drone.

>homophobic Sup Forumstard

That explains a lot.

>I'm not defending the MCU
Yes you are and anybody with two brain cells can tell you're desperately trying to put all CBMs into the same category as MCU when in truth MCU is polar opposite to the works of its predecessors.

MCU is complete garbage. It's not cinema. It's not even work of artists. It's safe and tired Disney money making machine with no risks or visual innovations to be made.

True talent doesn't need to bow down to the cancer of capeshit.
No actor, no director, no composer puts any actual effort into these turds.

Superhero media is one of the biggest cancers that ever hit any industry.

So what are your favorite movies?

>you'd be posting about how much GoTG2 made you ROFL.
GotG2 is actually a very serious film. More than anything, it made me cry.

It's not that i'm an MCU fanboy, it's that you probably ate up one of these movies and you have zero arguments to defend them, all you can try is force a cringeworthy, basement dweller fight between fanboys who eat up legitimately bad movies.
Sure it did, reddit.

The term capeshit wasn't even a thing until the MCU happened. And it shows how desperate you are now because your bluff has been called. You weren't here during the era of The Dark Knight were people were actually talking about these films. But then the MCU came and the phrase capeshit was coined because that's exactly what the MCU turned a genre into.

>#NotAllCapeshit
HAHAHAHAHHAHAH
PEOPLE ACTUALLY DEFENDING THESE HOLY FUCK

>Sure it did, reddit.
Wow, absolutely epic reply. I tip my fedora at you, sir.

I have already defended those previous films as well-made blockbuster cinema. The MCU isn't even that. It's glorified TV shows shat out twice a year by a committee of Disney suits who don't give a single fuck about artist vision so long as they can milk the kiddies.

And again, it's honestly baffling to me how stubborn you are in keeping this act up. And I'm starting to believe that you're underaged as fuck to believe the genre started with MCU.

To call every comic book "children's entertainment" is just ignorant. Wanna bash capes? Sure, go ahead. But saying that all comics are capes is like saying all movies are Summer Blockbusters.

Oh yes, The Dark Knight it's pure le kino, right?
The guy in the retarded Bat costume fighting le wacky clown made me think so much.

Oh boy, not only capegarbage apologists, but comic manchildren are in here too.
Simply pathetic.
Do you also like le ebin videogames?

You know what's a well made blockbuster?
LOTR, not these forgettable capeturds.

Just for this thread and all the posters in it, I'm creating five more Marvel-praise threads.

Yes it's a much better film than anything in the MCU with memorable performances and ton of iconic scenes. Something the MCU will never have because its directors are encouraged to just do what their big boss Kevin Feige tells them so they can rush their TV shows out in time for the next summer season.

No, the genre began with laughable flicks like Superman.

It's capeshit, it's automatically discarded.
No argument needs to be made because only obese manchildren eat these up.

He's not going to name them because that would require him to make himself vulnerable to criticism.

Do you remember the music of the last Marvel movie you watched?

No you didn't. Because their goal isn't to make it memorable. It's to make it bland and forgettable and as inoffensive as possible. These people aren't artists. They're businessmen. And businessmen only see numbers. The music actually reflects the entirety of MCU films. Because the music is just one example of just how forgettable and boring these Marvel movies are.

They are focus-tested. They are reshot. They are studied and tweaked over and over and over again so that it has exactly filled all the boxes of its checklist. The director doesn't direct. He does what he's told from his corporate bosses that see him as a tool, a puppet, more than an artist. This isn't film. This is just mindless trash for the brain to passively consume for an hour and half.

>Iron Man 1?
>Days of The Future Past?
>Logan?
>Captain America Winter Soldier?

I like the Joker. He's a lot like me. Intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.

Criticism from manchildren who eat up superhero trash?
That would be a sight to see.

What about them?

>No argument needs to be made
That's because you are unable to make an argument because judging by this thread you are a mentally ill MCU apologist who can't cope with the fact that MCU is bottom of the barrel trash in a genre that used to be doing pretty well before Disney forcing their way in. Seek help you sad fuck.

This,
why does marvel have such shit sense of """"""""""humor"""""""""""

>Iron Man 1
Average.
>Days of Futures Past
Shit.
>Logan
If it were ANY more capeshit I would have discarded it, but it's ok
>Winter Soldier

fuck off

So what are your favorite movies, then?

Says the one who's only argument to defend these turds is force neckbeard fanboy fights.

Makes perfect sense. Me as well as my normie family keked when we watched it together. Have you ever considered that you're a fucking autist.

Notice how you still didn't name any movies? Because that would require you to make yourself vulnerable to criticism.

Yeah, turds like X-Men 3, Iron Man, Spiderman 3, Spiderman 2.
They totally were not garbage.

youtube.com/watch?v=MSGNmaIBww8

What is the MCU equivalent of this?

>I'm such a pathetic loser that I have to knock down everything I don't have any knowledge of

Jeez user, I knew Sup Forums was full of autists, but I never thought it'd meet genuine retards. I gotta introduce you to my thrice-removed niece. She's got down syndrome so I think you'd get along jsut fine!

when the best entry in the genre is TDK you've got to wonder

I like the film as simple blockbuster entertainment but let's not get ahead of ourselves the main gripe lies within the quality of the movies produced.
Western and Noir lasted for decades and in their time produced some of the best cinematic entries and left a landmark in history of film.

Now where is the superhero equivalent of that? It remains to be seen...

>marlel

You have to realize that a lot of these people are fucking autists that cant understand simple jokes, and merely watch movies to nitpick and find things wrong with them rather than to enjoy them and be entertained.

Nothing related to superheroes will ever be art.
Maybe the soundtracks of their movies, but anyone who has to put up with 2 hours of a guy wearing a costume that resembles an ant will fall asleep.

So either le wacky comedy or cringeworthy melodramatism.
Remember when blockbusters used to be movies like LOTR?

What is the MCU equivalent of this?

youtube.com/watch?v=pX3coWDnTrU

People in this thread, what are your favorite movies?

>M-MY COMICS ARE ART I SWEAR, THEY ARE SO SERIOUS, LIKE WHEN HULK BECAME A CANIBAL, REEEE
What did the manchild mean by this?

>winter soldier
overblown garbage

It just goes to show how low the bar for action movies is nowdays when the aesthetic change of the Winter soldier is enough for people to celebrate.

Either nobody will answer, or you'll get tons of responses featuring underground French & Balkan art-house with some British cinema thrown in. Sup Forums is full of pretentious autists, and the sooner you understand that, the more laughable this place will become.

>still butthurt over Ang Lee Hulk being miles about the cartoon kiddy shit in MCU
Shame we're past the era of filmmakers allowed CREATIVITY in this genre. Now it's all safe bland Disney garbage defended by its paid shills online.

Better stick to soundtracks, don't wanna post the movies themselves unless you want retarded characters in retarded costumes fighting retarded villains with no motivation.

>pretentious
Ok so that word is thrown around a lot and why is somebody who pick a nonenglish speaking film considered pretentious?

do enlighten me user

I never watched either Hulk movie because he seems like an even dumber character than usual

>AGGHHH SMASH
Dayumn, this is where art is born, right'

>implying it's not one MCU shill pretending he's above the genre when he's incredibly asshurt MCU is the lowest of the low

Kingsman: The Secret Service
Drive
Equilibrium
Alejandro Jodorowsky's The Holy Mountain

And which nonenglish speaking films do you like?

except amazing spider-man is the best superhereo film of recent times

>Kingsman: The Secret Service
Comic, so trash.
Nice try.

>AGGHHH SMASH
He never says that in the Lee version.

>can't seperate the medium from one aspect of it

Hey, I can do that too!

>M-MY MOVIES ARE ART I SWEAR, THEY ARE SO SERIOUS, LIKE WHEN BEN AFFLECK THE DRILL GUY GOT TRAINED TO BE AN ASTRONAUGHT AND BLOW UP COMMETS, REEEEEE

Huh, easier than expected. Let's do another one.

>M-MY MOVIES ARE ART I SWEAR, THEY ARE SO SERIOUS, LIKE WHEN SETH ROGEN MADE A WEED JOKE AND THEN FOLLLOWED WITH A FART JOKE, REEEEE

Goddamn, that's fun!

>M-MY MOVIES ARE ART I SWEAR, THEY ARE SO SERIOUS, LIKE WHEN ICE CUBE HAD TO TAKE HIS GIRLFRIEND'S KIDS TO THEIR DAD, REEEEE

What did you mean by this you pretentious, retarded faggot?

Then he says
>AGHGGGGG

It's so deep, so dense, capecrap has so many things going on.

>This is your brain on MCU garbage

How do we fix Marvel?