Last than a month for release

>Last than a month for release
>Literally zero hype
Will this be Nolan first flop?

>from the director of the dark knight trilogy, inception, and interstellar
Nolan has always been a flop.

I love war movies but that's the type of thing that makes me want to skip this one.

I feel like I'm the only one who really enjoyed Interstellar.

I disliked Inception because it was done worse in every way than movie it drew inspiration from.

I am so fucking sick of anything set in WWI or WWII. It's a dead subject matter. No one gives a fuck anymore.

What is even the plot of this movie? The army was trapped there and escaped in the last moment. That's it, that's the entire story.

Which director has a better track record of late?

you literally could not have picked a worse example

Hi nigger

The only people not hyped for this movie are redditard liberals who are angry that in 2017 peolle are still making films about white men

>Sup Forums hates Nolan but loves capeshit now

Why has Sup Forumsmblr spilt over and how do we get our board Back?

>flop
You guys are in wishfull thinking.
With 7 billion people on earth and a price of making a digital copy close to 0 we will not have any flops unless creators go full fucking retard like with new Ghostbusters.

>its another jews killing nazis / remember the 6 gorillian movie
pass

It eludes me how can anyone enjoy Nolan's work after 2005-2006. It's so fucking dull and utterly soulless. Like there's fantastically great premises in his films but they're realized by a man with no actual imagination

It's a fucking WW2 movie. They are rarely big hits, as they mostly sell well on the countries they're set in.

It should tell a lot, that two of the biggest WW2 movies still are Saving Private Ryan and fucking Pearl Harbor, movies that came out nearly 20 years ago.

Speak for yourself faggot

Nolan is fucking Reddit tier

At least Dunkirk is a relatively fresh setting for a WW2 movie.

>ww1
>not ww2

it'll flop because ww2 was when nazis were evil, ww1 was just germans being bad.

>american education

>forgetting the gretest piece ww2 kino

Is this bait or are you genuinely this ignorant?

>hyped for a Nolan movie
got back to plebbit, plebbit double agent

Pretty sure I already did.

>always interested in a WW2 movie
>evacuation of dunkirk is great for a movie, and a nice break from the normal D-day and post D-day shit
>christopher fucking nolan though

I mean FUCK. I'd literally rather it be from some literal-who than that hack.

It's not Capeshit so It's going to flop. Only true Kino can save us now

Shut the fuck up retard

WWI is tragically underrepresented though. Wonder Woman is the highest grossing film set in that period by far

Old people fucking love war movies and they're the only ones who still see them so it's doubtful

I'm going to watch it and will even pay to do so at the big screen

Nolan does spectacle well

>the event that shaped our world

Really? I mean... Really? I mean I know Britain didn't have a lot of manpower to spare and the evacuation was an important success. But it was just a fucking evacuation. And I doubt whether they would've lost the war had it failed gone poor enough to be considered a failure.

>Really? I mean... Really?
Yes, really. Failure at Dunkirk would have been catastrophic and would almost certainly have lead to Britain signing a peace treaty with Germany, which means Germany would have had no fronts in the West or North Africa to fight, and their victory over Russia would have been all but guaranteed.

I've been in this thread, let me speed through it

>Meh brits did nothing in wwii
>6:1 El Alamein
>Yanks were late, just artilleried everything
>KURSK!
>T34 is the bestest tank ever
>Hitler did nothing wrong

Did I miss anything?

Where are my Napoleonic war movies?

gorillion

But that would have led to a much brighter future

The poster doesn't say it shaped our world for the better.

I'm not sure the UK would've surrendered - even with no land army they still had the Royal Navy and would be safe from a German invasion.

Maybe. I don't know if you could conclusively call it because of the Luftwaffe defeat. Perhaps we would have been a few days behind on the western invasion and soviet russia would have had more power post war.

It would have been a much better world because you probably would have never been born.

fuck off to Sup Forums

>Amerikang education

>We will never get to see Kubrick's Napoleon

Nobody wants to see cowards portrayed as heroes

I mean people don't care since they don't know history but this is so much of a ruse it's not even funny

>Hurr why didn't they leap to thier death against impossible odds instead of retreating back and regrouping?

Nolan is a hack

Let him off user, when the internet talks about wwii, French user feels very alone...

>"Nolan reconditioned actual warships for the shoot, including the French Navy destroyer Maillé-Brézé, and reportedly spent $5 million of the budget on a vintage aircraft so as to attach it with IMAX cameras before crashing it on-screen"
>aircraft
>crashing it on-screen

NOLAN THE MEMEGOD DELIVERS YET AGAIN, WHOEVER ISN'T HYPED FOR THIS IS A FILTHY TOURIST REDDITOR

couldn't he just make a replica?

Nolan obviously didn't want to do that because realistic, full scale replicas wouldn't be the same.

It's the same deal with people who want to eat endangered animals just because.

>makes an entire movie about retreating

why ?

Because it's suspensful. 400 thousand soldiers on a beach not able to move anywhere while stukas rain down on you.
It will not be about the usual "war is hell" war scenario, it's about transporting a fuckload of people from point A to point B. Race against time, ticking clock in the trailer and everything.

>Nolan's first flop
Not his first.

tick tock
tick tock
tick tock