So we can all agree it was shit except for Varga, right?

So we can all agree it was shit except for Varga, right?

HOW THE FUCK DID HIS CAR JUST MAGICALLY RESTART???

When assgirl hid the shotgun, she accidently siphoned gas into his car.
They didn't want it to be blatant, as that would ruin the art.
It's Implied.

good catch, didn't notice that
I was bothered how out of character it was for Nicki to murder a totally innocent police officer in cold blood

Varga was shit too, his shtick got old pretty fucking quick for me.

I think he kept on giving with the tooth picking, getting flustered about the police officers, sacrificing Meemo, the bulimia etc.
Great actor too

I like Thewlis as an actor, I'm just saying the collection of mannerisms Varga displayed failed to coalesce into a believable character for me. It was obnoxiously gimmicky.

Varga made it for me.
It's rare that I love seeing a character succeed, but also can't wait to see him fail. Very well done.
Everyone else I didn't care too much about.

I cant believe Yuri just vanished like that. If Ray Wise deemed him to be bad enough to not leave the bowling alley, then surely he'd have known that Nikki was going to MURDER A FUCKING COP IN COLD BLOOD, so then why let her go too???? Also the ending was so predictable and basically ripped straight from Lord Of War. Meemo lacked literally any character depth whatsoever, Yuri was the most fleshed out character on the show and he just fucking disappeared. VM should have just disappeared in the elevator for good and not come back at all, I thought it was clear that the season was building up to him being some sort of supernatural being counterpoint to Ray Wise?

the aim is not to be believable though, and the repeated mannerisms and nonsense is intended to be irritating. the other characters get fed up with his bullshit

Daily reminder that "lol it's meant to be empty, it's all about coincidence and the meaningless of life lol haha" is not a valid argument

Just look at the coen bros films. Many of their films ends this way, but it feels complete. Everything has still gotten a fitting resolution.

The only thing i liked about the episode was the ambiguous ending with varga. It was the only thing that tied into the themes of the season in a good way. I don't get why so many people hate it when it's everything else that is fucking terrible.

>character without a name that's portraied like a demon who corrupts and destroys normal people, making his own mouth bleed, displaying supernatural-esque qualities
>nah just kidding he's just a guy with good lawyers

Yeah he was the only thing that redeemed the awful lady cop characters and the STRONG WOMAN girlfriend and her stupid sidekick. Fucking infuriating whiteknight characters.

Agreed on all points. Also how little did the Sherrif have to do with the aprehension of anybody. They handled discovery so shitily. Swango had to silverplater every thing. It was just a mess.
I found the shrodeger theory shit heavy handed as well. 1>3
Simpatico to the point of spooky.

Is "the past is unpredictable" an actual russian saying?

Why does Varga pick at his gums?
Why does he throw up?
What was in his spray bottle that disorientated Emmit so badly

2 is absolute television kino and the best thing to have been aired since Sopranos you absolute plen

>VM should have just disappeared in the elevator for good and not come back at all, I thought it was clear that the season was building up to him being some sort of supernatural being counterpoint to Ray Wise?
Exactly.

I really hated his line delivery because it was like that so they could emphasize the rotten teeth. Also he had a very punchable face. Not the fault of Thewlis, he is a great actor, but Varga got boring after a while.

>That shit actiony wankfest of a gunfight with the romp 'em stomp 'em twins.
>The indian gets shoehorned into being the boss from Season one.
>the BBC banging cunt
>AYYYYY LMAOS

Fat Todd and Thicc girl saved it though.

>>AYYYYY LMAOS
>there was a supernatural element - wtf that dont real?? I hate season 2 now!
there it is again. Better to be silent and thought a pleb, than to shitpost and remove all doubt

>in cold blood

you guys really have to start using world correctly

I thought that was weird too

I enjoyed the season but there were a lot of plot points that pretty much went no where

>not in cold blood
>self defense, spur of the moment, emotional motives, not calculated or premeditated

>cold blood
>inching away towards shotgun for a minute with the sole intention of executing a man that pose no thread to you, whom you've never met before

Weak, meandering season. I feel like they just lost track of when weirdness stops serving the narrative and just becomes a blatant gimmick.

It just overheated

Yuri died, Nikki was given a chance to redeem herself and chose to pursue revenge instead, she got what she deserved

It exaggerates the notion that what drives Varga and his crew isn't wealth or getting "fat". It's predatory and they gorge just to gorge. He isn't sustained by the meal, he is constantly focused on the idea of the next meal.

The bulimia is really brilliant "show don't tell" moments that make the writing in this show exceptional.

He's picking his gums because he's a fucking vomit goblin.

Leland Palmer told her to face of with the "wicked" though right? Seemed to me he was pushing for revenge

Who killed grandpa Stussy?

>He's picking his gums because he's a fucking vomit goblin.
is picking teeth something that bulimic people do?

Yuri was the best and most interesting character and should have had more impact

Is it just me or does this season look like the unfinished draft for a Fargo season? So many things are missing but I can't point my finger exactly.

I don't know, but picking his gums until it bleeds, then eating cold ice cream? I'm sure he likes to punish himself that way

She should have continued pursuing Varga. She can't fully remember the speech Ray Wise's character gave. She was supposed to go on a divine mission to take down Varga. Emmitt at worst became a bit sleazy for getting influenced and associated with Varga. He was not "wicked" though and tried to make up for his mistakes.

It was ME!

Not like there was ever a whole lot of material to run the series on. I think they may just be out of steam at this point.

Meme-O a cute.

>Create elaborate revenge plan, shown to be calculating all throughout said plan
>Fuck it up by pulling a gun on a cop

It annoyed me how Emmit never explained what specifically happened with his brother. He never told anyone they got into verbal fight and he thrust the glass frame into Rey's face. Either way emmit didn't deserve what he got.

feel the same way
>Director want to do something with the post-truth theme
>creates Varga and ties in some Putin
>ok now I just need to make a show around it
it's like he either had too little time to finish writing, or he just wasn't inspired enough. Could've worked as a short film or something, but it just gets frustrating when you drag it out to ten episodes with several episodes that has nothing but filler.
>that episode when Gloria goes to Los Angeles for 50 minutes
>flat out explaining the animation sequence to the audience
>drop the entire plot line of her personal/love life
>Sy is dropped like a hot potato
>Meemo dies off screen
it's just so unfinished and unpolished

what bothered me that they had a croatian playing a russian. with that balkans/dinaric/turk mug of a face he wasn't a convincing russian, also the accent was so balkans... But I guess for Americans it does not matter.

Vapor lock. It's the third most common cause of stalling!

I agree. It sounds like it could have been a great series if they hadn't rushed it. For example,last night season 1 of Fargo was on and I realized how much better it was than season 3. It had everything,the humor and suspense.

>malvo
>molly
>lou
>lester
>wrench and numbers
>dennis as a dimwitted coach
>supermarket king
>key and peele
>saul as the police chief who is believably incompetent

Compare that cast to season 3

>ray and emmit
>yuri and meemo
>varga
>gloria
>sy

This. But i had no problem with the los angeles ep.

The problem is that all these interesting themes like post-truth, storytelling in itself, how we relate to each other in a post internet age, just gets dropped, these themes don't lead to any conclusion. It really feels like a draft for a season like the other guy said.

>MURDER A FUCKING COP IN COLD BLOOD
Seems more like she murdered a fucking cop in the heat of the moment.

>post internet age
>he said over the internet

>>The indian gets shoehorned into being the boss from Season one.
This is the only valid critique.

He will always be the king from dragonheart to me.

>>the BBC banging cunt
>the show has a character I don't agree with, hence the show is bad

It'd be nice if they dropped the stoic/mysterious right hand man. Stoic and deadly seems to be a gigantic cliche with Asian and Native American characters too.

>Nikki
>Ray
>Wrench
>Sy
>Widow Goldfarb
>Emmit (some of the time)
>Gloria (some of the time)
>Weird cop

Hawley had a bunch of good characters he squandered or killed off in disappointing ways.

Varga's escape made no sense, and I hated his ending as well. It wanted to be deep and yet it relied solely on Varga having an inexplicably numerous amount of connections to people in choice positions of power who can get him out of any situation without scrutiny or investigation.

All in all Hawley is a hack who rips off other better writers (Don Hertzfeldt, the Coens) and relies on contrivances (the State Trooper happening to drive past and happening to stop and stick his nose in despite there being no evidence of a crime being committed) , dumb character choices (e.g. Nikki not searching the elevator shaft for Varga) and deux ex machina (that text Varga gets while holding the elevator alerting him that the drives aren't in the building).

I could've looked past Hawley's hackiness like I have with previous seasons if he could actually come up with satisfying conclusions to character arcs and the overall story. But he has no idea how to end things in a satisfying way and relies on the crutch of it being a "true story" as a attempt at justifying his bullshit. And people eat this shit up despite the glaring flaws because they're idiots who have been trained by the general mediocre quality of modern films and television to look past these things.

jumbled my words. Didn't mean it in that way.

She literally thought she was ona quest from God. She thought this was her big holy moment, in reality that little talk from God in the bowling alley was as much about her, as any other villain in the story.

sorry mate just breaking your balls, I completely agree. It goes against the show-don't-tell-principle, everything interesting about post truth isn't in the show, it just exists in Varga's dialog.
Instead of him explaining how the truth is decided by the people in power, they should've shown it.

>And people eat this shit up despite the glaring flaws because they're idiots who have been trained by the general mediocre quality of modern films and television to look past these things.

I don't understand why people liked that creepy little midget. He was so malacious. He was willing to stoop to any level to advance Varga's agenda. What he did to Nikki, Sy and that lawyer at the beginning was so vicious. And I usually like twinks desu

Plus every time the actor opened his mouth he revealed how bad at acting he was. He was much better without any lines.

>that text Varga gets while holding the elevator alerting him that the drives aren't in the building).

I thought Nicki sent it to bring him specifically back down. In that situation he should of been fucked either way because if he thought it was a trap and ignored it than wrench would of shot him anyway.

No need to be salty, it's just the truth

Kek, good parody of the "people" defending the hack's lazy writing

>Varga's escape made no sense
yeah it did, half his shtick is being an invisible, slippery, almost otherworldly entity
>and I hated the ending as well.
then you're just a pleb

Getting a text with information that is very well in the reach of him and his contacts is not a deus ex machina.

Another thing that didn't make sense is how Nikki seemed surprised by the existence of the hatch in the roof of the elevator. She's meant to be a smart character and anybody with basic common sense would look for every possible escape route in the trap they were laying and prevent them from being used.

Plus the fact she didn't disable the camera, or at least make sure it wasn't recording to anything. Where would a camera in an abandoned building be recording to anyway?

What if... Varga simply got off on the second floor?

>yeah it did, half his shtick is being an invisible, slippery, almost otherworldly entity
Yeah no I got that with the way he inexplicably left his coat behind. But just because it fits the theme of his character doesn't mean it makes logical sense. It's not even the deus ex machina hatch in the roof, it's the fact Nikki doesn't check for him on the roof of the elevator or on floor 2 where he could've climbed.

Same. Maybe if he had explained he could have teamed up with Nikki. But no, the nigger had to show up and ruin everything as they always do.
>S2: comfy until Milligan showed up
>Breaking Bad: comfy until Fring showed up
>Justified: comfy until Limehouse showed up

The hatch was open. Why do dummies try to rationalise bad writing anyway? Can't you just admit that Noah Hawley is a hack who cribs from better writers and relies on contrivances to get the plot where he wants it?

Emmit was getting a second chance after Nicki went against the wandering Jew's task.
It's Fargo, it's filled with all kinds of shit that doesn't make sense in reality.

>He never told anyone
He told Gloria that it was an accident after he turned himself in and was interview, but he still claimed he was responsible for his death.

It didn't really make sense he just let Nikki dismiss him in the middle of trying to explain what actually happened, but I think he just accepted that it didn't really matter and that both he and Nikki thought he was responsible for Ray's death regardless.

>But just because it fits the theme of his character doesn't mean it makes logical sense
>demanding "logical sense" from a show that has Malvo (who cleared out an entire mafia enterprise on his own), the Indian with more or less supernatural powers, aliens, the wandering jew deciding who lives or dies, etc
dude this season deserves a lot of criticism but you're way off.

>deus ex machina hatch in the roof
stop using "deus ex machina" dude you don't know what it means. Escaping an elevator through a hatch in the roof is not using an unforseen divine act to solve an impossible problem. It's a fucking hatch. That's in virtually every elevator.
It's not even fucking important. It's true to the show and true to the character so it's not something you should complain about.

this is a good explaination but if this is the case, and not just sloppy writing, they should've clarified it. because now it's just a plot hole, that could be fixed with some revised writing

Was that why she did that prayer thing instead of killing Emmit when she had the chance?

He was getting in the way of her killing Emmit. That was all she wanted from the world at that point.

Completely missed that.

How did Nikki get a new truck with tinted windows while there was a BOLO out on her? I know she had money from Wrench, but police would've been looking everywhere for her.

How did Nikki know where Emmit was?

I was expecting him to undergo a Stavros Milos-like experience and find something to the side of the road

This nigga gets it.

State trooper uniforms are a nice color.

he explicitly said he hates wasting shit

>How did Nikki know where Emmit was?

Followed him from his house.

If it had been established that Varga could dematerialise into thin air at will and justified in the context of the setting I wouldn't be complaining.

Most elevators don't have maintenance hatches, and if they do they're usually not unlocked.

If you don't see how it was a cop-out to just have Varga disappear without any challenge whatsoever (Nikki searching the elevator shaft) then I don't know what to say to you.

He was driving from work back home at that point.

>Better Call Saul
>ends the season with Jimmy giving up a lucrative career path and a million fucking dollars because of some little old lady's feelings
>see a well written season finale that had me and my bros talking for a half hour afterwards about its significance and hidden meaning and how it may apply to the Cohen's body of work as a whole
>Sup Forums thinks it's shit

Never change.

>I'm going to need a list of these characters abilities. Gandalf made his staff glow? This was never included in the move list! DEUS EX MACHINA!

>Die Hard is such a bad movie, those ventilation shafts couldn't possibly support Bruce Willis' weight. DROPPED

unironically try watching some other show

Followed him from work. That doesn't seem improbable.

>I unironically believe Hawley intended for Varga to have a canon teleportation ability
>I can't explain why Varga didn't just teleport out of the interrogation room in the final scene though

How'd she know that was where he was though? To follow someone you first have to find them.

>just cause i spoke about it with my fag friends it is kino
>muh life is weird people die lel it didnt matter series

The point is, Jimmy still has empathy and a conscience. The death of Chuck, specially after what he said to him, will push him even more into his Saul persona. But he still has to see some fucked up shit.
Oh, and the Fargo finale was shit.

Picking the obvious places first when trying to find someone isn't really out of the question. There's other more dumb stuff to question than this.

It was likely that he'd go to work. That's not what sucked about the writing.

Net.
This season is uber-dog-shit tier.

>V.M Varga's entire character is built around being evasive, illusive and cunning
>escapes from an elevator off screen, an act completely possible by anyone and it's very true to the character and within the realm of possibilities
>throw a bitch fit about they didn't explicitly say how he did it
>"dude it doesn't fucking matter, do you need every small single detailed explained to you? maybe try watching something else"
>IN SEASON THREE EPISODE TEN, WHEN VARGA PLAYS ITCHY'S BODY AS A XYLOPHONE, HEHE, HE STRIKES THE SAME RIB TWICE AND PRODUCES TWO CLEARLY DIFFERENT TONES. HEHE, WHAT ARE WE TO BELIEVE, THAT IT'S SOME KIND OF, HEHE, MAGICAL XYLOPHONE?

>t. brainlet

>use of the word kino
>respect for zack snyder
>thinking the fargo TV series is anything but a shlocky rip-off of the movie with some garbage thrown in
>being pretentious enough to refer to Coen brothers' films as their "body of work" while simultaneously misspelling their name
>implying this pulpy shit could ever shine a candle to the Coens' actual work
>implying there's any significance or hidden meaning to Noah Hawley's garbage
>arrogantly dismissing Sup Forums while being just as bad if not worse than the average poster
there's just so many things wrong here i can't tell if you're trolling or what

It is though

Dude, the coat on the floor

>take off coat so you can climb better
>climb through the hatch

>take off coat to fuck with Nicki, like a "close but no cigar" kinda thing
>exit elevator on level two and send it down to level one

surely divine intervention must be at play here

see >It's not even the deus ex machina hatch in the roof, it's the fact Nikki doesn't check for him on the roof of the elevator or on floor 2 where he could've climbed.
You're a pleb for being dumb enough to think there'd even be a hatch or that it'd be open, but it is a possible thing (though hacky, like the air conditioning unit happening to land on Maurice's head in the first episode, after he happened to stop underneath it to smoke, or the state trooper happening to show up and stop while Nikki was stalling on killing Emmit). What doesn't make sense is Nikki just takes the coat on the ground as evidence he's gone forever, instead of searching the building for him.

>he literally thinks deus ex machina refers to divine intervention and that it isn't a metaphor for improbable events saving a character

>prayer thing
did you even watched the bowling alley scene?
Leeland told him to say it to the killer, but she thought she should tell it to Emett, instead of Varga

>needing a reddit character Wrench to save your shitty season 3

lmao, even when aliens jumped the shark in season 2 wasn't as bad as this

1 > 2 > 3

>improbable events such as exiting an elevator a level earlier than expected

Example of a deus ex: the wolves in GoT coming out of nowhere to save protagonists in seemingly impossible dangers

Not an example of a deus ex: exiting a fucking elevator

I have a bad memory

If Ray was reincarnated into a cat, then what does MEW turn into?