Why was this so good?

Why was this so good?

Man of Steel, sadly, is better. But I thought Routh made a good Clark Kent, not so much for Superman though.

Kryptonite continent

I don't think MoS is awful, but where it fails and SR fails are different caliber of problems. I think if Superman had punched his way off the Kryptonite continent, versus being stabbed by Luthor, falling off and having to be rescued by Lois and Richard, fans would probably have liked the movie more. In fact, if there had simply been more hand to hand combat/punching, fans would have probably liked it more.

For me, I felt one of the weakest things about MoS was that the fighting in the end just felt interminable (like sitting through Matrix 2 and 3 again) and it wasn't until I re-watched the film for a second time right before I caught BvS that I realized the fight wasn't one LONG scene, but there was an actual break.

I also thought Routh makes a good Superman. It shows in his Ray Palmer work, particularly on LoT that he could easily do a very good canon Superman.

That said, I like Cavil.

>literally cut & paste clips from the original movies
>filled with the same Jesus Allegory.

> +decent Superman/Kent
> +good effects

> - non-threatening Luthor
> - cute, but boring Lois, no chemistry with Supes
> - autistic Superbaby
> - lex's plot is rehash of Superman '78

Cause you've got a case of the ol' shit taste, son.

well it is a sequel to superman 1 and 2 so it makes sense about luthor

go back to Sup Forums

>luthor wants to make a continent that threatens all life on earth
>he plans to ransom all the nations
>it's just him and five random thugs

The "S" on his chest was kind of small.

Routh looked less annoyed when saving people.

Yeah, there's a little hope

Totally missing the point of superman.

I would've traded it for Burton's movie.

I wish JJ Abrams made the reboot like it was supposed to happen before Singer stepped in. Routh (or Cavill who was the other choice) looked too young for a sequel.

And we could have been spared from MoS, BvS, and TFA.

SR is a sequel to the first 2 Donner movies.

- another real estate Lex
- literally no fights in the movies, except when he gets ass kicked by Thugs
- Singer brought heavy Christian imagery before Snyder

what a shit opinion

I agree that TFA is trash though.

That dick Donner brought heavy Christian imagery before Singer.

>Batman Begins
>Superman Returns
>followed by Batman vs Superman
>DC gets cinematic universe going when Iron Man 1 is just out
>Ledger is alive today and has won like three Oscars

Why can't I live in that world

Lois was too young, so yes she really had no chemistry. She didn't even have chemistry with James Marsden/Richard White.

Jason wasn't autistic; he was asthmatic - it was the writers doing a poor job of drawing distinctions.

Ledger should have had an Oscar before he even began filming TDK. And I'd have filmed TDK and a proper sequel to SR before the BvS film (and more likely gone with the Superman/Batman "Worlds Finest" script that Wolfgang Petersen had versus Frank Miller's adaptation mashed up with other crap)

Superman Returns was a mistake

It wasn't. Man of Steel was better and that sucked. Routh just didn't have the physique for the role, and he looked way too young.

Then they should have added Batman like after MoS.