MV Downtown

Why only one season?

Other urls found in this thread:

the-collection.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=22880
youtube.com/watch?v=tXRib9HJUFo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Didn't attract the right demo.

What would you want in a season 2?

Also Goat lived onin. . . in space gathering power!

Why didn't alex just bang jen?

Because MTV is awful.

The only cartoons MTV's ever given a second season to are Beavis and Butthead, The Head, and Daria.

Some user said on the commentary
"Alex would totally tap that (Jen) if she wasn't so fat."Alex is the guy who has ridiculously high standards but doesn't work for them.

to be fair they were also bros. Jen may as well have had a dick.

They friendzoned eachother

It was too good for this world.

/thread

If you friend zone eachother that's just being friends who aren't attracted to one another. friend zoning I feel requires a rejection of one side.

This. MTV had a few great animated stuff, but they never seemed to know what to do with them. For one thing they always fucked up the scheduling, constantly changing it seemingly on the fly.Only stuff that kept a decent schedule was their shitty Reel World/Road Rules fuckery. Everything else you would watch it at a certain time for a few weeks and then it would be gone.

This. 20-somethings watched it instead of teenagers so MTV canned it.

>mfw Serena changes her entire style because of Alex and he ends up being a shallow cunt about it

I guess Goat moved to NJ at some point after Downtown.

Also Alex totally shows up in a few dream-sequences and crowd shots in Megas.

That's a familiar reason. Rather than let a show mature over a few seasons, if it isn't a hit right away with the right audience it's canned.

Because MTV are morons. They should have seen the music vid industry sinking and jumped ship on to cartoons and original content. Downtown could have been the flagship in the transition, like B&B was earlier that decade. Reminder that Downtown got an Emmy nomination.

Realistic as fuck tbqh. Guys often can't see through fashion and gimmicky shit.

the-collection.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=22880

They almost fucked. Like came really close to doing it. Really really close.

I loved this show. Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one who saw it, because you so rarely hear anyone talk about it. I'm glad I was able to get a hold of the DVD when it was on sale.

Goat was GOAT.

Yeah but it took all day talking about fucking, Jen realizing how long it's been, and getting into a tight situation.

to be fair while it had some good moments Undergrads was mediocre as fuck 90% of the time. Nits is the most boring protagonist I've ever seen.

>no second season of The Maxx
>despite the first being perfect
>and there being more comic to work with
>and being aired in the same block as The Head

Well the Maxx took place in the girls mind, and when she drove away she erased the universe right?

It is really, really goddamn weird that the Head was the only show out of it, Maxx and Aeon Flux that got a second season.

I mean, I loved the Head, but what the only had the budget to do more of one show or what?

I think I've only seen one episode of that show in my entire life but I never forgot it. That freakish guy on the far left fell in love with a girl online and thought they'd never meet, but really she was in the dorm next door. Kinda fucking retarded.

I need a list of all the late 90s early 00s 18-20 something year old animations

>Downtown
>Udergrads
>Mission Hill
>Daria
>Clone High
>Megas XLR cus why not

I've been on a kick lately, wondering what I'm missing

The Eltingville Club pilot.

Daria ending happened.

Daria was the only thing keeping the in-house animation studio at MTV going in terms of profitability. When Eichler decided to end the show (because he knew MTV was going to kill their animation studio sooner or later and didn't want the show to be a casualty), there was no reason to keep the MTV Animation studio open and Downtown (which was supposed to be their next big thing) got the axe.

Goat is truly my role model.

>Downtown is 17 years old now
>Undergrads is 16 years old now
>Mission Hill is 17 years old now
>Daria is 19 years old now
>Clone High is 14 years old now

Holy fuck I'm so old it hurts.

Downtown influenced my life more than any other cartoon.

youtube.com/watch?v=tXRib9HJUFo

But that's the best kind, user.

All that sexual frustration and build-up. Then you finally do it. The shame afterwards.

Undergrads is only 2 years away from being able to go to college!

20 somethings seemail like the perfect audience

Jersey City is literally next door to NYC, so not a huge move.

Alex was a shit. Should've got with Jen