Are there any truly kino horror films? If not, what are the greatest horror films...

Are there any truly kino horror films? If not, what are the greatest horror films? Or are they all just cheesy cash grabs?

I've heard "It Follows" was good

Nigga have you not seen The Shining?

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

You're a retard.

The wicker man is my favorite

no not good but not too bad either.

It really took me by surprise desu. Popped up on tv and was expecting another shitty modern horror movie and was blown away by how much I liked it... that could be influenced partially by my low expectations mind you.

As much as I love Hellraiser, the originally planned version would have been pure kino. Before the American investors got involved it was more of an "art-house snuff film" kind of thing with a lot of realistic gore, a lot more S&M and body-mod oriented sex, and music but the industrial band Coil.

Eraserhead
Jacob's Ladder
Alien 1 and 2 (everything after is shit)
The Thing
A Nightmare on Elm Street

Swap Eraserhead for Fire Walk With Me and Aliens with The Descent and you have a spit spot list.

The Omen is very good.

Val Lewton's horror run is legendary

It's Kino but I don't think it's horror.

Did someone saw "It comes at night ?"

Sleep away camp is classic

Eraserhead is honestly the worst movie i've seen in my life. Like, I know the meaning and everything behind it, but it was just two whole hours of contrived nonsense.

PS I've seen every Uwe Boll film.

The Descent.

Låt den rätte komma in is literally the only horror kino I've seen and I've seen most of the famous ones. Shining for instance is fucking shit.

Galaxy Invader is pretty kino

This

It Follows

John Carpenter's Halloween
John Carpenter's The Thing
John Carpenter's The Fog
George A. Romero's Night of the Living Dead
George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead
George A. Romero's Day of the Dead
Creepshow
David Cronenberg's The Fly
Videodrome
Wes Craven's A Nightmare on Elm Street
Scream
Scream 2
The Evil Dead
Evil Dead 2
The Shining
The Exorcist
Tobe Hooper's The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Tobe Hooper's Poltergeist
Bob Clark's Black Christmas
An American Werewolf in London

It Comes at Night is great but it's similar to The Witch; it's all about paranoia and there are only a small handful of scenes that could be labeled true horror. IT'S NOT A ZOMBIE FILM, THE MARKETING LIED! If you go into it expecting a scary zombie film you'll be deeply disappointed but if you go into it expecting a slowburn film about paranoia then you'll probably like it.

I can't enjoy horror with supernatural themes.
How do I into suspension of disbelief?

You don't have to believe it can happen in real life to enjoy it user.

Be raised in a Catholic household. When I was a kid supernatural movies like The Evil Dead scared the shit out of me because my mom taught me demons and possession are real.

I don't know, suspension of disbelief has always been pretty easy for me. I don't believe in aliens but I've always loved John Carpenter's The Thing.

I can't get immersed when there are zombies running around.
Madness/schizophrenia/halucinations are much more relatable.
I try to substitute the supernatural with halucinations but sometimes it's too much of a stretch.

This pretty much. I don't even let my friends joke about that kind of shit. Proper freaks me out.

Well then go with They Look Like People or whatever it's called.
What are your opinions on Carrie?

My boy Lynch filtering out plebs all day.

Like The Omen this is only really scary if you're christian.

It's one of my favorite movies of all time and I'm a dirty kike

You don't need to be Christian to understand why the cop singing hymns while he starts to burn is badass.

>Jew
Same myths as christfags so no shit it would also be scary.