I get to be

Who did you pretend to be as a kid when you'd played outside?

I was always link

Future Trunks

Shredder or any bad guy really

It varied lots of the time Batman, sometimes James Bond (was very rare), we did Mortal Kombat on the playground I was always Sub-Zero. I think the most interesting thing we played was Half-Life. My fondest thing we played was Resident Evil 4, I was the Merchant.

Cyclops
Nightcrawler
Leo (TMNT)
Jason (Red Ranger)

>who did you pretend to be as a kid
happy

sonic
I pretended to do the spindash and I carried around my friends like in Sonic CD

dude, i had a girl next door to me when i was a kid
i can still remember us reenacting the entire beginning of LTTP outside

i never could get rid of those jitters when i held her hand and we were 9.

Wolverine and Spider-man. Used to play as Batman a little too with my cousin.

>Was the only one of my friends who knew how to backflip

>Got first pick on damn near anyone I wanted because of it

Mmm yes it felt good being the unquestioned Green or White Ranger

Adolf Hitler
I blame my history teacher

Indiana Jones. If I was running around and my hat fell off, I'd swipe it off the ground like him and put it back on.

the girl.

I never had friends to play outside with, so I usually played all the roles.

That's how the rumor started that I had multiple personalities at school.

Sonic.
My two best friends were Shadow and Espio, and together we were Team speed.
Goddamn I feel old.

fuck same thing happened to us too, we played extreme dodge ball using tennis balls and the next thing we knew the whole school was in on it and everyone was using their pellet and air guns along with golf balls

Inspector Gadget

An OC Digimon, then an OC Kirby in a higher grade.

these are hilarious, more elementary wars stories please !

My friend was Lucario, and I was basically an OC Ditto that could learn any move. For some reason it was brown, with three big claws on each "hand".
inb4 someone who doesn't realize how much time has passed calls me underage

My friends and I tended towards our own characters/scenarios rather than stuff we watched/played (though that stuff obviously had a big influence).

We ended up having this really complex sci-fi world that was built up over like 4 years. It was pretty tight.

Please tell me you married her, if you didn't, go do it now. RIGHT NOW.

C-3PO

All the time.

Not a fucking joke.

digimon, angemon

It depends on what we were playing. If it was Power Rangers I was the Red Ranger; if it was Digimon, Izzy, and etc. We never played "be whoever you want" kind of games - we'd always pick only one franchise (unless it was with toys) and would make sure to think of our roles first. Looking back, I'm surprised on how seriously we took our make-believe games.

I always made up my own retardedly overpowered characters.

Wasp Man- He wore power armor and could fly. He had a huge missile launcher on his ass that was the Wasp Stinger Missile. I put a toy sword in my pants and threw it at people to simulate this. I also tried to talk in a deep raspy voice, kinda like Batman. I stopped being Wasp Man because talking like him hurt my throat.

The Claw- This guy was probably the most OP thing I ever made. He is the king of a robot planet and he is a shapeshifting ooze that prefers to take a human form most of the time. The only part of him that doesn't shapeshift is his giant razor-sharp claws. He can throw fireballs and shoot lightning from said claws and hasd a secret base where he stored thousands of cruise missiles (toy weapons I threw at people). All of the missiles had names and when I used one it "died" and I had to come up with a new name for it. Examples of named missiles are "Baby Blue" "Predator" and "Iris". Also he was strong enough to punch tanks open and since he was a gooey shapeshifter he was immune to slicing attacks and bullets.
When my brother got pissed and said that was bullshit and had to give him a weakness I said he could be frozen or boiled since ooze is mostly water and that's how you kill water.

I want so desperately to believe this story is real. It's just too good. It's like fucking ape politics in a zoo.

Were you a skinny nerd?

Krillin

Dude didn't have cheating alien powers.

Me and my friend used to play Rush Hour a lot as kids.

Since he was black, I was always Jackie Chan by default.

same here, except it was mostly just collecting bugs and putting them in our "city" which was mostly just a series of channels and mounds in the sandbox

I'm just imagining two little kids
>"Do you ah undahstand da woods dat ah cahming outta mai mouth?!"
>"Man, can't nobody understand the words the are comin' out yo mouth!"

Yep. He even did the Chris Tucker voice.

While I tried to do Jackie Chan acrobatics and got myself hurt almost every time.

Shortfuse the Cybernik, Raziel, Hulk and, standing behind my brother, half of Goro

Skinny, but I was surprisingly popular for a guy who would eventually wind up posting on Sup Forums in his 20s.

>Be American
>Play superheroes
>Get shot

Meant this as a reply to

I'm Luke Skywalker, my bike is an x-wing, and this stick that's painted green is my lightsaber.

the blue MMPR ranger.

fuck you guys I can make flying cars.

Sonic Kirby or Gohan. One Armed Kamehamehas for days.

I was pretenting to be the Flash and was making a fuckton of small steps to make my feet look like they were going at super speed

But he basically cheated once by getting a power up from Guru.

I remember climbing on my friend's back to fuse as Gotenks once

He cheated once compared to Goku cheating like...10 times. At that point it's not cheating. That's just leveling the playing field.

I was the little brother, and youngest of the group so I always got stuck being the smallest character.
Shit sucked.

Generally, I would make up a character. 9 times out of 10, they'd have a sword and lightning powers. Lightning powers are the fucking DOPEST SHIT, especially when you use them by zig-zagging during your attack like a lightning bolt, and if you don't agree with that then get the fuck out of my face.

Also CHOOSE YOUR CHARACTER.

My friends and I were the Power Rangers every time.

The blue chick from Buzz Lightyear. Mira or something like that?

Depended on whichever show I last watched.

I recall playing as Batman, Zorro, the Road Runner, and one of the very few memories I have of my grandpa is me pretending to be KITT while he was a bulldozer chasing me.

There may have been some TMNT in there, but I really don't remember. I'm actually not sure if I recall being Batman correctly... I could have sworn that I had watched parts of the '66 Batman show as a wee little kid, but I later discovered that it wasn't even released in my country back then.

Kid in the back with the blue hoodie looks like the way to go.

Venom
All day every day

Not elementary, but...

>High school.
>Throughout sophomore and junior year, the class is separated in two.
>There's the normal class, with the average kids and the underachievers. That's where I was.
>And there's the advanced class, for the above-average and the overarchievers.
>Two different classrooms, two different sets of school work, etc.
>The kids from Advanced never interact with the kids from Average.
>Senior year.
>Suddenly the two classes are mashed together into a 60+ people class because the school work will be mandatory for everyone in preparation for the SATs.
>Hostily brews between the two groups, people from both sides really salty about having been pigeonholed with the other side. Some neutral parts just caught in the middle
>The matter of the classroom seats becomes a point of contention. Both the Advanced kids and the Average kids covet for the front seats.
>Classroom is on the third floor, acessible only through a flight of stars, which in turn are only acessible through a locked gate that the school janitor open at 7:00 AM sharp.
>For the first two months, the Advanced kids and the Average kids converge on the gate in the minutes ahead of 7:00 AM, waiting for it to open
>And when it does, all hell breaks loose
>A stampede of 17-year-olds advances through the stairs, and whoever is caught in the onslaught is surely swept away
>Once they arrive in class, the backpacks fly into the seats, people push, people punch, people scream, for the front seats
>Once, an average kid got his arm stuck on the gate when it opened, and his friends tried to pull him foward as the stampede began, but he was stuck and nearly got his arm dislocated. Someone yelled "leave him, it's too late for him"
>One other time a backpack hit a girl squre in the face and knocked her on the ground
>One other time a guy trying to climb the seat, it capsized under his weight and he collided against some kid trailing behind him, creating a domino effect of falling teens

i remember this one time me and my no longer friend took DBZ pretend way too far.
>i pretended to be goku and he pretended to be piccolo.
>when we were play fighting i accidentally kick him in the balls and he got really mad.
> at lunch he wispered in my ear "special burp cannon" and burped a really load burp in my ear and left to another table.
> got mad and i walk towards him, and i unzipped my pants and said "hey eric!" he turns around at looks at me with my dick out.
>KAMEHAMEHAAAAAAAA! i pissed all over him r kelly style.
>get kicked out of school and get a good beating from my parents.
looking back it, i don't regret it, cause it was kinda funny

slenderman

numbah 4

Like Jon's got anything to complain about now that he's DA KING IN DA NORF!

I was always the bad guy.

That sounds hilarious.

The obvious choice for someone on a Mongolian basket weaving forum.

Because we mainly played WWF I was always Kane because I was the only one tall enough to do convincing Chokeslams and non-lethal Tombstone Piledrivers.

Asia tactical

Fuck this made me remeber one of the saddest things in my life.

>Be in elementary school
>Was a strange kid, weird interest and strangely cultured
>Had a best friend I’d always play Ultraman (the japanese one) and Star Wars
>Gonna call him Bro cause thats what he was, my best bro
>We used to play a lot, he had an insane amount of lego creations, the most vivid imagination you could only dream of.
>Whenver we played, it was magical
>Then Bro had to move schools, I was alone throughout middle school til I found new friends
>I still technially wanted to play pretend, to be honest, because that was my only escape other than writing
>Never got to, and I didn’t hear from Bro in a long time
>Years later, in high school
>I’ve been legitamately raped, bad depresion, jumped, the works
>I’ve gotten into acting as an escape instead--closest thing I’ll get to that again I guess
>Suddenly, Bro calls my house and wants me to come over
>I knew he won’t be willing to play anymore, we’re a bit old for that, but I want to see him again in hopes of getting me back on my feet
>What I saw when I met him again was probably one of the worst moments in my life, including some of the rape
>He was an SJW
>Bro had his hair dyed purple, part of it shaved off with piercings on his lips
>His nails were painted black, iirc, and his sense of humor, imagination, artistic talent--GONE
>We start catching up
>I spent the rest of the day at his house watching him play Minecraft as he goes on and on about rape culture, patriarchy, and all these things about how white cis males like me are sick rapist monsters
>He didn’t know I was being raped so I just sat there, listening to the person I thought once truly understood me go on about how awful rape is, while making bullshit facts out of his anus
>I eventually drive home, because I can only take so much minecraft and “social justice” and cry
>mfw the only person I confided in calls me, a rape victim, a rapist

Numbuh 5
Raven
Yellow ranger
Lil from Rugrats
Sango from InuYasha
Good times.

Goldar or Ridley from Metroid.

I love this question because I was a weird fucking kid.

I distinctly remember being at the YMCA and all the kids were pretending to be Power Rangers. I just wanted to be a zord.

I played pretend with the girls a lot because they were bossy at that age and I liked all the attention of them bossing me around. Usually they were genies or princesses or mermaids so I was always the dog or cat (because I couldn't think of a masculine thing to be in contrast to their girly nonsense.)

I remember one day where a group of girls were playing X-men and wanted me to join in. I was a Disney Afternoon kid, not an X-men kid, so I didn't know anything about the characters. The girls decided I would be Wolverine because one girl was Gene and an other was Rogue and they wanted to both be in love with me and fight over (or maybe potentially share) me.

Now I spend a lot of time on the internet roleplaying with people. The constant theme being that I don't care what I am, as long as I'm something that someone else want to control, dominate or have sex with. Good thread, bro.

very sad story user. why not be more like your old bro, now that he is gone?

Aww.. :'(

U stupid faggot

blue power ranger or gohan