It took her 6 months to figure out the film wasn't right

"leadership"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uhE3Ox9pdLw
youtube.com/watch?v=g2y51Fu7lGo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I guess you'll just have to wait for 23 Jump Street, boyo.

Hahaa, what were you cocksucking fags saying a week ago? These Phil&Miller guys are really good, I love their lego movie. Good insight from KK.

I imagine Lord and Miller probably sexually assaulted someone on the shoot and Disney is cutting ties before this shit blows up.

You would have to be retarded to believe that "creative differences" story.

Or not at the shoot. Basically Miller/Lord or both of them did something fucked up and Disney is cutting ties to protect its brand.

Simple as that. You don't fire a director three weeks before the shoot is over cause of "creative differences".

I think she did it to chastisize them. It's like not letting them cum. KK is truly is a male hating old cunt

Yeah, it's really fucking weird.

If they were so against the direction that Lord and Miller were trying to take it, how in the living fuck did it get passed to writing phase? They were actively shooting the fucking thing when this shit went down. How did it get that far if the studios didn't like the script?

There's more to this story.

Maybe "folding socks" is a euphemism.

>Lord and Miller refuse to give Emilia Clarke (who's rumored to be the female lead in the Han Solo spin-off movie) more screen time than Alden Ehrenreich
>Kennedy gets mad because this isn't in line with her ideals and fires them

The script might have been completely different. The screenplay is not a bible, it's guideline. Lord and Miller like to improvise on the shoot and change things. Besides they didn't even write the script.

Still, they should have fired them after the first few dailies. They definitely raped someone.

Is there a bigger gimmick than "let's make a movie about someone but instead of making them the main character, let's have a different main character that's like a companion and we see that person through their eyes"?

It's very possible that the issue has to do with how the film ends. What if DIsney wanted to make an open ending that can lead to a direct sequel but the directors had a finished story? Or maybe KK wanted the ending be all about the brunette girl, we know her obsession.

She has told Ron Howard to try and salvage whatever they can but it is pretty much guaranteed that 60-80% is going to be reshot for the audience of today.

Correct.

I wouldn't trust The Hollywood Reporter - those are the same faggots who gave all the credit for ESB's script to Kasdan, even though George wrote at least 50% of it and probably a lot more.

>The screenplay is not a bible, it's guideline.
studio executives watch dailys, they also watch temp edits of scenes that have finished filming. they then give the filmmakers orders how to proceed. that's literally what executive producers do on a daily basis. this story implies they found nothing wrong for HALF A YEAR and then decided that everything was so wrong they had to fire the directors.

>I love their lego movie.

You sure that was Sup Forums and not /r/movies?

Again, Lord and Miller didn't write the screenplay. I agree with you, it's fishy af and if there were creative differences, they shouldn't have hired them to do it in the first place (cause those would come up when Lord and Miller were first presented with the screenplay) or fired them early into the production.

>darth vader shirt
It's so clear that she doesn't give a flying fuck about Star Wars

not enuf female

>Kennedy wanted Emilia Clarke to have more screen time
literally a Sup Forums meme that hasn't been confirmed by any source
>Lord and Miller clashed with Kasdan since day one
Disney's PR team bringing up Kasdan's authority to shift the blame on the directors. Story doesn't make sense. If they clashed since day one, why let them go that far into the production?

There's only one reasonable conclusion. Some scandal happened behind closer doors involving the directors, Disney kept it under wraps and now is cleaning up to protect the brand.

>literally a Sup Forums meme that hasn't been confirmed by any source

It's a more logical explanation than the comedy one.

It must be something more personal considering how studio-friendly Lord and Miller are, every film they've made is an acclaimed crowd-pleaser that made money. It's not like they hired Ang Lee or PTA, they perfectly knew what they were getting but someone got offended really bad.

Maybe Lord and/or Miller weren't willing to kiss or do transgender surgery, so Kennedy couldn't start up the marketing campaign she wanted for the movie.

An explanation that involves the word "feminazi" isn't logical.

You don't get to be a the top of the industry and be a feminist. Kennedy cares about money, not equal rights.

>literally a meme
How much more proof do you need after TFA, Rogue One and that ugly new cartoon that this woman loves to give her self insert brunettes as much time as she can?

You mean like Leia and Padme?

Feminazis don't care about equal rights either, that's the point...

>being this oblivious

youtube.com/watch?v=uhE3Ox9pdLw

It's so shitty decision making. 3 WEEKS left and then they fire them?

That means they practically have to reshoot the entire fucking movie.

Does she insist on new characters being female leads? Yes. Would she risk money and make a Han Solo movie where Han Solo has less screen time than a secondary character?

No. She's still Disney.

Those 2 didn't have that much screen time tbqh and the director, writer and producers back then didn't openly speak about the importance of female characters.

> Hire Miller/Lord that made quirky & funny movies
> Fire Miller/Lord because they want a quirky & funny Han solo movie.

Do they even talk before hiring people like "how do you see the character?"

Kasdan is artistically dead since the 80's (same for G. Lucas). I am not convinced of the "talent" of Kathleen Kennedy. A lot of heads of studios in hollywood seem to be there because they are lucky or talented 30 years ago.

Well you are right about that I think, but what about that female driven cartoon? It doesn't look like something that will be succesful. More like a decision she made simply because she can't get enough female main characters. Although Idk how much it costs to make a cartoon, maybe it's cheap.

> Finally, he had enough. Ehrenreich raised his concerns with one of the film's producers, who let Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy know about it; in light of Ehrenreich's concerns, Kennedy decided to review the existing footage, according to the report.

Fuck that fag

I love how you pissbabies are mad as fuck about women in Star Wars, when the Ewoks were created LITERALLY TO SELL TOYS and that's just fine with you.

Kasdan lost all goodwill with TFA. Fuck him. It's obvious it was George who was responsible for everything good in ESB.

IF the movies were good, nobody would give a fuck if the hero is male or female.
The ewoks have always sucked, everyone know that, especially the fans.

>capeshite drama

you tell em' sista, those misogynistic chauvinistic pigs and their disgusting toxic masculinity! #resist

No one watches Star Wars for the bitches, cunt, just like no one fucks you because they love you.

>George

Kershner's first name is Irvin, though.

>pissbabies

u w8 m8
People have been mocking ewoks before you were even born.

nerds that liked the OT better than the prequels before it was cool and even RLM shit on RotJ, no one's defending the carebears

Yep. George rewrote Brackett's script completely and then then Kasdan came to help with some minor details. He's the same guy who suggested that Yoda should be a physically strong character which entirely defeates his purpose. Fuck that hack.

I don't see your point, I'm perfectly fine with the Ewoks and the fact that they were made to sell toys. But these new movies seem more political than being about merchandise. If they were about merchandise they would have been more weird or original.

>that's just fine with you
Bull fucking shit. Ewoks were one of the most hated things in SW until Jar jar and the prequels came along.

>IF the movies were good, nobody would give a fuck if the hero is male or female.

Both recent Star Wars have been great. These two directors were fired because the producers believed the movie they were making wasn't great.

I'd prefer characters shoved down our throat for toy sales over some old cunt's feminist power fantasy. This franchise was built by a man, remember that, cunt.

>Both recent Star Wars have been great

They have been great for people who didn't really care about Star Wars. That's the whole basis of the issue. People who were Star Wars fans beyond the simple "yah omg cool movies! but the prequels sux" didn't like TFA and Rogue One.

>yah omg cool movies

Anyone who has ever seen SW as anything more than this is a developmentally stunted manchild.

Gee, you think?

Yes, I'm sure you're a bastion of maturity

>he hasn't played KOTOR II

youtube.com/watch?v=g2y51Fu7lGo

>I'm posting on Sup Forums
>I'm better than someone else who's posting on Sup Forums

>implying Sup Forums is what it was in the past
posting here anymore is no different from Leddit

I never implied that.

1. it's still a shithole for people who aren't exactly the most mentally stable or socially adjusted
2. nobody's saying that reddit is any better.

Literally empire was kershners only good film

Yeah, if Kirshner and Kasdan were the masterminds behind ESB. How come they didn't make anything good on their own? Lucas has several good films under his belt and SW was entirely his story. I hate Kasdan because he took advantage of Lucas being too nice to reveal how little he was involved in the script

underage don't know who gary kurtz is

or maybe it was a combination of the talents of those 3. maybe they worked great as a team and brought out the best in each other, resulting in a pretty good film. they say movies are a collaborative effort and they aren't wrong.

it's very rare for executives in any industry to actually understand the product they're making or the market they're catering to. they're all just trying to copy the most recent success

Is this the new Amy Pascal

Apparently Ehrenreich felt they were taking the film in a direction not true to the character and stepped over their head and contacted Kennedy, which makes sense because she basically hand-picked him.

>Sup Forums didn't like The Lego Movie
I pity you tasteless bastards. Can't even have fun or someone might call you reddit.

Yes, that tells a lot about this little bitch, typical snitch. He probably reported all the bad things the directors were saying about her

>Do they even talk before hiring people like "how do you see the character?"
No. They want a recognizable acclaimed name to put on the imdb for people who care about that stuff, but that person can have no real directorial input. DC is doing the same thing now and doesn't want to deal with any director who will do more than follow orders.