What were they thinking?

What were they thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kDY0WKvFwQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=cqMGa4QoqCI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"Put Venom in because he's popular" pretty much verbatim.

Why does every fucking spidey suit in the movies have that texture on it

the fucking bumpy condom texture

I don't know how you can make evil dead and not get the concept of venom.

I think the Civil War one doesn't.

Forgot pic

They put the heart in sandman but just fucking phone it in on green goblin 2, and Venom. Eddie Brock was pretty terrible, but at least put the monster in the design.

I thought it was pretty cool, had he been more buff. Don't remember the mouth being so shit tho.

Wasn't it due to producer meddling venoms even in it? So it was last minute and not fleshed out at all.

>Wasn't it due to producer meddling venoms even in it?

It was higher. Studio forced Venom in.

>So it was last minute and not fleshed out at all.

It wasn't last minute. Sony just took away creative control from Raimi from the start. That's why SM3 wasn't good.

That might be an earlier design. The mouth looked fine in the actual movie, when they weren't frequently pulling the mask back to show Topher's goofy mug.

Raimi
>"put venom in the movie" they said
>"he's the villain you should be using, not vulture" they said
>fine, i'll put venom in the movie
>and i'll make them regret it
>AHAHAHAHAHA

That's an exaggeration. Raimi compromised to adding Venom.

What went wrong was that test-audiences reacted negatively to the original twist and they had to reshoot the ending.

>Put Venom in the movie. Then we can make a Venom spinoff film.

Was the mouth really like this?

Because Pete makes his costume from a bunch of spare basketballs he stole from the school gym.

And why cast Topher Grace as Brock? Brock's supposed to be intimidating, something Eric Forman will never be.

Original twist?

They wanted him to be a dark mirror image of Peter, so they cast Tobey Maguire's non union equivalent

Because he's not based on Eddie Brock's character he's meant to be a dark version of Tobey Maguire. Really he would be a good version of Cletus Cassidy.

Bumpin for answers

I actually like the look, more bulky would be perfect.
Only the mouth is weird

>Muh childhood

Least that's what Raimi was thinking.

The symbiote feeds off its host's life force, but it quickly kills the host because of it. It was drawn to Peter precisely because Peter is superhuman and a constant source of energy.

In the original ending, Venom would never pull back his face, and when Peter finally disrupts it with sound and pulls Eddie out, Eddie has already been reduced to a charred skeleton that was essentially being used as a meat puppet by the symbiote. The "never wound what you can't kill" is the symbiote talking to Peter.

The symbiote would then try to bond with Peter again, but Peter manages to set off the bomb and crawl to safety.

Test-audiences thought it was too dark, so they reworked it as Eddie still being alive and dying by his own hand trying to catch the bomb.

They also changed Sandman's original ending where he ambushes Spider-Man again at the construction site and then Captain Stacy shows up with Sandman's ex-wife and daughter, and they tell Sandman the little girl's condition has become terminal and there's no way to cure her anymore. Sandman realizes there's no point in fighting anymore, Spider-Man forgives him, and Captain Stacy lets Sandman leave to spend his daughter's last days by her side.

for her pleasure

You don't have to go 100% faithful to the comic to get a good character. Just remember the core concept of that character and always have more practical effects.

Example D. Oct
youtu.be/kDY0WKvFwQ8

Jesus. Fuck American Audience that was great. Fuck Sony for not sticking by Raimi.

man that sounds like an infinitely better ending

I wonder if they could pull off fully practical arms now, for the non-fighting shots.

Seems like something Boston Dynamics could do with the right amount of money.

Not that they'd do it, because of the budget, I'm just wondering if it's possible.

Even had the studio not forced Raimi to throw in Venom, the movie still would have sucked because the Sandman-Uncle Ben retcon was Raimi's plan from the get go and that is the most insulting part of this movie.

Well damn.

Also Venom and Sandman were supposed to kidnap Gwen, and it'd be MJ that would convince Harry to help Peter save her, but there was a scheduling conflict and Bryce Dallas Howard was not available to shoot the ending.

They even filmed the scene where MJ pleads to Harry and used it in one of the trailers.

>Really he would be a good version of Cletus Cassidy.

Or Peter Parker.

Avi Arad vs Amy Pascal is the reason that one went so bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=cqMGa4QoqCI

Avi Arad was cancer... Amy Pascal turned out to be even more cancerous.

Large textureless areas look cheap and bad in live action.

because having them drawn on looks cheap as hell.

Don't you just hate when things like this is cut?

also, you said "test audiences reacted negatively". does that mean that part was actually filmed?
Why wasn't it released as an alternate ending?

A lot of it was filmed, yeah.

Here's the Sandman scene. Notice his wife and daughter in the background.

Here's the symbiote trying to bond back with Peter.

Here's MJ pleading Harry for his help.

Underrated post

Woah, I don't remember this

Bonus, here's the original meeting between Venom and Sandman.

Sandman is watching his daughter from afar in the park, and becomes a huge sandcastle so she doesn't spot him. After her and the mother leaves, Brock emerges from the shadows and convinces Sandman to help him.

Question is: does he have a symbiote fetish like a lot of anons on these threads? Is he one of them?

Can you cum inside a symbiote?

>Eddie has already been reduced to a charred skeleton that was essentially being used as a meat puppet by the symbiote.

Huh, that sounds like what happened to Spider-Man in that Secret Wars What If issue.

I think I remember a fanfic about that involving Inque from Batman Beyond.

Heh.

God damn, 2 was such a great flick.

cool beans, but answer my second question now
why wasn't it released as an alternate version? Is the footage destroyed?

maybe because it wasn't in the final version, read the thread

Sony and Raimi probably didn't care enough to do it.

No shit it wasn't in the final version.

>Movie was meant to be about Sandman
>Execs forced Venom on the directer, because they thought this would be the last and wanted to sell toys.
>Directer hates Venom and it shows.

Money ruins everything yet again.

I had the novel for Spider-Man 3 and a good chunk of that was in it. The Eddie is dead, the rebonding and Sandman's confession were like the ones here. Always wondered why, that's quite interesting.

Do you have the pic of Eddie Brock's skill with the venom features?

Holy shit, that Sandman ending is perfect...

Thanks. Still don't know that I like Eddie Brock dying at all in a Venom appearance, but it could have been worth it for that spookiness. Also never realized there was an electrical cord, so I can imagine they had some neat effects planned

Why there is no Spider-Man 3.1?

And it was the last, but probably because they forced Venom on it

Raimi was burned out.

Actually I think it was something to do with Sony keeping the copyright to Spiderman. They had to remake it to renew their claim on it or something.

Rami wanted to make 4 but Sony didn't want the Vulture as the main villain so they decided to reboot instead

>So tired of Spiderman reboots
When are they going to fucking expand this shit? When the hell is Silk and Carnage gonna appear?

Now that he's in the MCU it may be our chance to finally get some expansion on him. He's part of a shared universe that isn't slowing down so that should keep him from going away or getting rebooted.

>When the hell is Silk and Carnage gonna appear?
>Silk
All the characters that deserve the movie treatment and you jump to her?

Any source at all on this? First I've ever heard of it.

No, they agreed to the Vulture. But Raimi didn't like the script and dropped out rather than rushing into production.

>All the characters that deserve the movie treatment and you jump to her?
Desperate waifufags who only think with their dicks.

I used her as an example. She's not one of my favorite characters. But that's my point when I say that Spiderman's universe is practically dead when it comes to live action.
Drink bleach

Drink bleach
Who wouldn't want to see Silk? Are you fucking gay

I don't give a shit about waifuing, but I absolutely don't want to see Silk simply because I can't see her working well in a movie any time soon. The movies don't have the benefit of having fuckhuge casts like the comics so having any character from the spider-family kinda takes away from what makes Spider-man distinct in the movie universe.

On top of that, her dumbass origin story was already hard enough for comic-fans to take, so I doubt the general audiences of a movie would like it any more. There's also the fact that she was locked in a facility for the first ten fucking years of Spider-man's career.

>Keep spiderman as is
That's retarded. You're saying NOT include the rest of the spidey characters because that would ruin his position? I think we've seen enough of Spiderman over the past 10 years

That's a load of ass

Silk is shit you little pussy boys.

i am a big pussy boy and i aswell agree that silk is best.

People love Spider-man. Always have, always will. This is the first time we finally get Spidey actually interacting with the rest of the marvel universe in movies. A character like Silk simply wouldn't work in the current state of the MCU and would require way more setup to be seen as anything more than a cheap knock-off of an already massively popular character. Sure, maybe some day she could be a good addition but there's a long list of better characters that could appear in the movies.

Wait, I thought Raimi's 4 was going to have a Bruce Campbell Mysterio in it/

Give a brother some more details? Or even a link?

I remember flipping through the novelization back when the movie was in theaters and there was a whole expanded sequence of Eddie/Venom using the memories gleaned from Peter to stalk MJ, even going into her apartment and watching her sleep at night, before the scene where he snatches her in the taxi cab. That would would've made for a much more menacing villain in my opinion.

>literally an Army Of Darkness skull with spooky teeth
Brilliant.

I wonder if they'll ever do Spider-Woman while explaining that she has nothing to do with Spider-Man.

It was just a cameo. And Mysterio would be a pathetic loser Spider-Man brings down off-screen.

>this memory