The new scenes add more context but do not make it a better movie

The new scenes add more context but do not make it a better movie.

What went wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UD3byJxc9Vc&list=WL&index=81
youtube.com/watch?v=mKl11EzMTAE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

B-but it's good movie, before it was 6/10, now it's 9/10.

the director fundamentally misunderstands the characters.

They added more bread to a shit sandwich.

It's only slightly more tolerable, but I still wouldn't eat it.

Also, if the studio wants a 2:30 movie, and you give them a 3:30 movie so that they have to cut it, it's not the studio's fault that the theatrical release is shit.

They made this movie for nothing more, or less, than money. They clearly read cliff-notes for everything they based it off of, but honestly, the real failing is the characters. Superman should never. EVER. be grim-dark. Superman needs to remind us of everything good and righteous in the world. This superman is the exact opposite of how he should be. For reference of how it should be, see bruce tim's work, superman vs. the elite, and dear god at the LEAST all-star superman. This was a cash-grabbing fuck-up. End of story.

>They made this movie for nothing more, or less, than money.

You say this as if you've broken some major movie studio conspiracy.

I'd say worse than misunderstands, he's flat out embarrassed by them.

Which is why he tried to move as far away from any source material, character and tone wise, as he could.

>they made this movie for money
No shit stupid, you think marvel is making movies because they care about the characters? They struck gold with Iron Man 1 and have been using that as their cliff notes to base their movies off of for years. No major studio is making capeshit because they care about the characters, they're taking advantage off a fad, nothing more, nothing less.

>what went wrong

It was too intelligent for the general populace. I guess it shows that you can't make a movie faithful to the comics and expect everyone to like it. This is why comics are niche now. The audience just wants quips and memes, and general tumblr liberal pandering.

>a movie was made to make money

Call the lone gunmen, Mulder. You're onto something here.

>too intelligent
Snyder pls go and stay go

Nice answer, that doesn't change the fact hat most of the public was too stupid to understand anything beyond much Jesus. Lex as prometheus was so in your face they even had a victor-adam moment with doomsday and yet most idiots still ask about his motivations.

There's a difference between making something purely to make money, like Snyder's BvS or Bay's Transformers movies, and making something to make money while putting your love into it, like Deadpool or the Cap movies.

Because symbolism isn't a replacement for character.

>coke head lex doesn't trust superman
>so he makes an uncontrolable kryptonian abomination that cannot be killed or stopped, and hopes it maybe decides to kill superman.

Jenius

no he didnt, fuck off you "not muh" faggot, and op get better taste in film

>What went wrong

The problem is that general audiences in the states hate to think while watching a movie, they asume that because the movie has CGI that it has to be dumb like Age of Ultron or Transformers

>What went wrong
Snyder, and his hatred for comics. He likes shit like heavy metal, which is awesome mind you, and even then, he doesn't even read it, he just likes the pretty pictures. That's what the movie was. A collection of panels he thought looked cool in some pictures he saw, and he wanted to copy that without realizing that there was emotion behind a lot of the shit he took. He likes angry superman with red eyes, which is cool, but if thats all your superman is doing throughout the movie, without a single fucking smirk, that just isn't superman at all.

>What went wrong

Terrible director, terrible script, terrible flick.

Just a bland, boring, dull flick that has the nerve to waste your time for 3 hours for something so stupid.

Spoken like a true pleb that only watches standard generic Hollywood garbage and that has never opened a book.
The Prometheus stuff is giving you more information than the lies lex tell about his past. The "symbolism" is not there to make the movie seem smart, is there to give you context and to explore the characters without wasting time in worthless flashbacks.

>It's only slightly more tolerable, but I still wouldn't eat it.
Topkek. The sandwich is only tolerable because the added bread serves to add some buffer to the shitty taste.

>le "it was too smart for you" meme
Fucking stop it.

wait is it symbolism or exposition

The Da Vinci Code has more meaning in its symbolism.

>lex doednt trust superman

Whrlere are you getting this?

Does Snyder get Superman?

These people think no
I think this comic gets Superman and I think Zach's never read it, or anything else that gets to the heart of the character, let alone understood it.Garth "Cunty Bollocks Edgelord of the Crossed Horsecock" Ennis fucking gets Superman, and Snyder never will.

>Snyder, and his hatred for comics.
Oh good god you people are so delusional

Not an argument pleb.

Didn't mean to quote

The fuck did i say that? You stupid little fuck, you cant even read.

So yeah probably was to smart for you.

do you see the irony or something here?Because baseless accusations arent arguments either.

Psst. Hey anons. Come here.

See this shit? Movie studios have been pumping movies into theatres for decades to get more of these.

I don't know why they want these green rectangles with people on it but i fear we might have a conspiracy on our hands.

I believe you need better taste sir;
Man of steel and Batman v superman are shit.

Nothing baseless about it. Snyder has the mind of a child.

youtube.com/watch?v=UD3byJxc9Vc&list=WL&index=81

>See the ultimate edition
>Movie is somewhat more bearable

The only things I REALLY didnt like about it are the

>LOL MARTHA WE FRIENDS NOW

and

>LOL BATMAN KILLING everybody

I feel like they corrupted one of my childhood heroes and I feel sick to my stomach.

>Does Snyder get Superman?
Of course he does, the character is in no way a complex one, at all. I willing to bet you havent read much of the 80's or 70's superman stuff either.

You are upset that a film tried to explore a character in a different way and isn't a altruistic flyboy from the get go.

Snyder only reads Miller's stuff.
So his entire concept of Superman is "lame idiot, that doesn't understand the world" and his only concept of Batman is "psychopath".

So yeah, somebody should have wrapped All Star Superman around a brick and thrown it through his window at some point.

His more "lighthearted" Justice League movie won't be any better. Because even if he adds quips and fartjokes, he still will not get to the essence of the characters.

Thanks user, perhaps you would be at home better at a site like reddit with your "sirs".
Its entirely baseless dumbass.

Is Snyder retarded?

>LOL BATMAN KILLING everybody
no he didnt

>corrupted one of my childhood heroes
Go fuck yourself you whiny manchild

>So his entire concept of Superman is "lame idiot, that doesn't understand the world" and his only concept of Batman is "psychopath".

If thats what you think Miller's work showed, then its confirmed you have read even less then Snyder. Besides the film had references to much more than Millers stuff.

wow, what a wonderful argument you got there and backed up with so much facts, as expected of a DC cuck

You literally stated he killed everybody, when out of all the people killed in his fights he was only responsible for two death maximum. So yeah wonderful arguments there you Marvelcuck or whatever dumbass trigger words you can spout.

I posted a comic that perfectly expresses the character. I further suggest All Star Superman

Now write out what you and Zach seem to think Supes's all about, compare with the pages I posted about what Supes really is about, and and prove your position with a comic book that shows you know what you're talking about.

But if he was DC cuck, he'd spit on movie because not muh comics.
R-right?

Everyone involved had different agendas. Snyder wanted some kind of mythological epic with superheroes but didn't have a clear vision of what exactly that would look like, the WB execs basically wanted an Iron Man 2 style continuity wrangling exercise in order to set up Justice League, Terrio wanted a slick action thriller, Goyer wanted to suck a few thousand more cocks and Affleck just wanted a good movie.

And nobody was in charge.

kek

This!

>Affleck just wanted a good movie.

Saddest and truest part of the post

I believe in him if he can get his Batman and direct it. It might not suck

???
did you even read what i put?

Assuming your not just trolling, go read the Man of Steel stuff, the Moore stuff and some of the 80's mongul issues.

i like DC and Marvel (althought the latter has been mostly shit for the past few years), my favourite comic based film is the '87 punisher film

I'm sure he could. He's got a shitload of experience, he can clearly direct action and drama and he's got a ton of love for superheroes. It's pretty clear why WB wants him to do it.

I think Snyder failed to justify the more thematic or symbolic elements within the story itself.

Like since a major element of the plot involves Lex, Batman, and pretty much all of humanity projecting their own fears and feelings about God onto Superman (much to Superman's frustration), it makes sense to have Superman be kind of a distant figure who doesn't talk a lot.

However, in-character based on where he was at the end of Man of Steel, how he is with Lois, and what he wants in general, it doesn't really make sense for Superman to not at least -fake- being cheerful and approachable, instead of being so taciturn which he should be smart enough to know only makes things worse.

Fuck you, post comic books nerd

Your words mean nothing to me without pages to back them up

I'm just waiting to see how he's going to turn Gotham into Boston for his film.

Just like Man of Steel the movie had too many details and dialogue bits that people didn't understood because they weren't paying enough attention.

I blame Marvel Disney for this, their movies are so comboluted and yet so bland and traighforward that people don't pay attention when characters are not quipping.

Agreed

To clarify: I have read tons of moore and other things. Post the specific pages and make a more specific argument about what the exact character of the man of steel is, because this is a fucking image board about comics

>had too many details and dialogue bits that people didn't understood because they weren't paying enough attention.
There are people on this planet right now who truly believe this. About Snyder.

>I hated BvS
Okay

>civil war was a lot better
Andddddd opinion disregarded

I don't normally rely on RT scores as an indication of quality and you're entitled to your opinion, but c'mon.

go read them, i only have cbr files or physical copies, i gave you the stuff to read,now go do it.

>Namefag having shitty opinion
Colour me surprised, i swear the only worthile faggots who do that are Judgeanon and Minifig

The worst thing you can say about Civil War is the airport fight basically feels like a glorified aside that doesn't fit with the rest of the film.

The worst thing you can say about BvS is everything about BvS.

I mean, when shit like this happens, you at least have to ask yourself, "Am I wrong?"

What's wrong with CW anyway?

>this is what people think of superman

Holy crap is that awful. This is post Superman 78 garbage.

There two kinds of superman writers : people who only like the character from the 1978 movie and Marvel fans DC hires to "marvelize" the character

Pre-crisis superman was hardly consistent in characterization but people who post garbage like that pic really don't get superman at all. The whole "symbol of hope" of cringeworthy nonsense and applies to any superhero. Snyder understands the character a lot better than you do,

Then again this is Sup Forums where I can't expect people to have read any actual comics

the worst thing you can say about cw is that it was another bland film by the mcu, only this time it doesnt make sense within its own universe.

worst thing you can say about bvs is shitty editing forced as fuck jla cameos

>DC cucks will never stop being assblasted about their capekino getting BTFO

Everything in CW was a mess and so was BvS
So I can see disliking both
But hating one and liking the other is bizarre to me. I can't imagine a functioning human being honestly holding that opinion (no offense of course)

>Bland cinematography
>slightly above average for a mcu flick cheography
>No actual consequences come from the film
>Shitty representations for villains, yet again, despite the actors for both being very good.
>Motivations being forced or not making sense.

Dont call me a dcuck because i havent even seen bvs yet.
>

>both movies are artless cash grabs with very little thought put into them
>LMAO BUTTMAD DCcucks LoLololo

>Dont call me a dcuck

Sure thing DCuck.

nice retort faggot

DC fans are like battered housewives at this point.

>i use movies reviews to prove my point, because i can't form an opinion on my own and I dont have facts to backup my argument

Before it was a 10/10 and now it's 11/10.

>faithful to the comics
>Bvs

Pick 1 & only 1

Lie
Lie
Lie (except the money part; all movies are made for money)
Lie
Lie
Lie

Can anyone who dislikes this movie say anything truthful to support their claims? I don't think so.

Nah, they're all truths.

>lol
>lol
>cap and all of his friends are fugitives
>lol
>lol

They hired Zack Snyder and didn't keep his autism in check.
BvS is the MGSV of movies.

Symbolism only cannot carry a movie.If all a director focuses on is symbolism but neglects the plot and the characters, the movie will be bad.

People did not hate BvS because they could not understand Snyder's symbolism,they hated the movie because that was all the movie had going for it.

They clearly wanted to deliberately wanted to do something new and different with the characters, and people weren't pleased. I'm personally more open to new things, and for example ended up liking Lex a lot and found Batman's new-found brutality interesting.

Maybe this movie would have been better if the characters had been in their own movies first. It was cearly too much, too different and too soon.

8.5/10 from me, even though the movie was flawed.

>No actual consequences come from the film
>Black Panther took up his mantle and his father died
>Zemo is coming back as a villain for future MCU storylines
>the Avengers are essentially disbanded
>Steve, Clint, Wanda and the rest of his side are now wanted fugitives
>Rhodey is crippled
>Spider-Man got a suit from Tony that he will continue to use going forward
>Steve relinquished his shield to Tony
>Tony wants Steve Rogers DEAD

Right, no actual consequences except for the ones that are already going to be important factors in the following films.

yeah no, all this time the studios have been trying to figure out what is the right tone for the movies, Marvel got it right with Iron Man and they have been eploiting this tone since and now they found the right tone again with the winter soldier, which is why the Russos are here is to stay. There is no love, only the right procedure. Why do you think was Iron Man the center of the MCUniverse and now its Cap? or a rather worse example JLaw/Mystique being the center of the x-men.

>Its entirely baseless dumbass.

"But Batman doesn't, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie."

-Zack Snyder

I honestly have no idea what raping Batman could add to a Batman movie aside from needless edginess. I don't see how that could possibly inform his character in any way.

>the Avengers are essentially disbanded

Iron Man has been out of the team since Age of Ultron anyway,

>Steve, Clint, Wanda and the rest of his side are now wanted fugitives

Under the protection of Wakanda and I'm pretty sure, Black Panther has enough power to clear the whole mess and rightfully blame Zemo.

>Tony wants Steve Rogers DEAD

this isn't even true.

the rest, other than crippled Rhodney, are not really serious consequences.

I doubt it was meant to be taken serious in the first place.

This one scene from TDK illustrates Batman better than BvS could ever hope to do.

youtube.com/watch?v=mKl11EzMTAE

Spot on

i love how cap doesnt include every post that tore it apart.

>Steve relinquished his shield to Tony

he is Wakanda, he can get a whole armor there.

You mean the poor dcucks failing to deny facts?

It 100% accurate desu

Yeah it was. It's from an interview discussing why Snyder wanted to direct the Watchmen movie. It shows his juvenile sensibilities pretty well.