What's the movie equivalent of pic related?

What's the movie equivalent of pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=utj_ZjuMBPs
youtube.com/watch?v=s8JFVSNxkEI
youtube.com/watch?v=uFpJ91O-yhk
youtube.com/watch?v=y82et9FRKcs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Commando.

>the only decent flick in a series that has far surpassed its expiration date
Mad Max 2

commando moar liek COCKFAGGO amirite lel

this

do all Sup Forums kids come back from school this time or what

It's 9 AM

They're all home for the summer.

Fast & Furious

Ted

Batman Begins

Evil Dead 2. Duh.

Resident Evil the Final Chapter

Anything else is small-time.

>Has like seven different remasters on later generation consoles
Is there any big movie that was great the first time and has been remade/rebooted more than once?

Aliens. A sequel to a survival horror game/movie (Resident Evil 2/Alien) that changed the overall formula entirely to more action packed and is good enough for people to be equally divided as to which one is the best

And in both cases the two are also considered the best in the entire series

Resident Evil 2 was already pretty much an action game though. The horror elements were scaled back a lot from the first game.

Actually, there is and it's Dagon. It has a creepy village and the villagers even say some of the quotes in Spanish.

Hmm. Never played the first one but always assumed it had the same atmosphere but in a mansion instead of a politice department. Still RE4 is pretty much Mission Impossible: Zombie Outbreak in comparison to RE2

as for resident evil itself, they just released
a new movie that was good, better than those
shit live action ones...

youtube.com/watch?v=utj_ZjuMBPs

as for similar to part 4 itself probably some
brit zombie movies

t. gen z

RE2 is sort of like the Aliens to RE1's Alien. RE2 has way more enemies and ammo is a lot more plentiful.

That is such an exaggerated comparison I doubt you even played RE2

youtube.com/watch?v=s8JFVSNxkEI

>RE2 is sort of like the Aliens to RE1's Alien. RE2 has way more enemies and ammo is a lot more plentiful.
>RE2 has way more enemies and ammo is a lot more plentiful.
>ammo is a lot more plentiful
Nah dude. Maybeif you're playing the GC rerelease with the infinite ammo MAC-10, Minigun, and Rocket Launcher.

this is the only correct answer

Disagree. RE2 was much less horror oriented and had a greatly expanded, more action movie style plot compared to the original.

You must be thinking of RE:Nemesis. 2 is best.

How was RE1 more horror oriented?

Tremors 2: Aftershocks
>Protagonist already has experience against established monsters
>Protagonist is exceptionally skilled with firearms
>New monsters are a more deadly twist on the old ones
>Shady corporation wants live samples of the monster(s)
>Movie ends with a big explosion

RE4
>Protagonist already has experience against established monsters
>Protagonist is exceptionally skilled with firearms
>New monsters are a more deadly twist on the old ones
>Shady corporation wants life samples of the monster(s)
>Game ends with a big explosion

Isolated mansion setting, less interaction with supporting characters and it was generally more difficult overall.

>implying the original Mad Max and Beyond Thunderdome are bad
Beyond Thunderdome has some major flaws but it's enjoyable and the original Mad Max is fantastic. Get some better taste, pleb.

What about REmake is that on par with RE2?

>less interaction with supporting characters
Now youre just making shit up. Leon and Claire go alone into the police department and barely see each other until the very end. In RE1 theyre a full STARS team together.
Ada and the little girl arent with you much time at all either.
>isolated mansion
So? Thats completely subjective
RE2 is a deserted creepy as fuck police department

Spiderman? Or star wars if you count the edited re releases

To each his own. The police department didn't seem as large or as scary to me.

That's stupid. Just cause you have some secret agent elements with the whole mission Control and the helicopter guy who helps you out later doesn't mean RE 4 is basically an action game. Even right before the ending you have to deal with the creepy as It monster as you run through a labyrinth. Just cause RE4 made you actually capable didn't mean it wasn't scary and tense af. I hate when people act lile there isn't a terrifying sequence when you're running through the village at night through heavy rain and you've got wolves on your ass. The most actiony sequence is probably when ur going through the castle and have giant fireballs being hurled at you and even then you've got creepy as robed pale cult guys talking in zombie voices about how they're gonna catch you and you're being trapped in close quarters with a blind guy with Wolverine claws. The regenerators are creepier than anything else in RE.

>a perfect film you can watch over and over again
The Thing

Wow you've never played any earlier RE games and you're a retarded pussy.

Well, i just think it's MORE action packed than RE2. Even if it doesn't go all the way like RE5 with Chris punching a fucking rock in a lava filled hole, it still had Leon running away from the giant Salazar statue, evading lasers like a ninja and doing impossible karate moves here and there

Aliens or Terminator 2.

Also, the difference between RE2 and RE4 is that in RE2 you feel like running away from a monster unless you're well equipped with weapons. In RE4 you feel like learning the monster's moves to evade him and then getting in the best spot to either blast him to go oblivion or getting as many perfect heads hots as possible

In RE1 it's possible to run out of ammo, in RE2 it's impossible. Now you know

True. In RE4 it's generally in your best interest to kill everything. In the earlier games, running past zombies whenever possible was the best strategy.

You moron.
Leon BTFOs every dumb cult member in the game.

>it's Sup Forumsposter tries to talk video games
go to bed Ebert

You can run past enemies in RE4 too.

It's not as easy as in RE3· tough.

isnt REmake even more horror oriented, crimson skulls and all that added shit

Mad Max franchise. Mad Max 2 was the favorite before Fury Road. As was Resident Evil 2 before 4.

>before Fury Road
kys

It's the truth with the main populace. I still prefer RE2 over RE4. RE4 is cancerous shit.

Escape From New York
>substitute presidents daughter for president
>substitute zombie guys for crooks
>substitute leon having virus for bomb
>substitute leon with mother fuckin kurt russel

They were called crimson heads, but that's why I asked. I thought he might say that's more action oriented.

REmake is a pure Horror game, it's not really action oriented at all. I'll still never understand how they got a fucking Shark into the sewer of a mansion in the middle of a mountain forest though...

both have forgetable villains too

Forgot to add that

Salazar is only forgettable because Leon hams it up so much, nobody could really do better.

Or how Richard gets trapped in the fucking aqua ring in Chris' scenario. You'd think he would have turned back when the water got waist deep.

I was actually gonna say Terminator 2 for pretty much the exact same reason

Plus Terminator 3 to Resident Evil 5 works quite well too

RE4 is great because Leon couldn't give two fucks about Salazar's grand master plan. Leon shits all over him every chance he gets.

RE4 had the greatest cutscenes of any videogame ever
youtube.com/watch?v=uFpJ91O-yhk

I don't think any game can ever top that. Hell, few films even come close

What about a crocodile being in the sewers of a small midwest town?

The game really wouldn't have been half as good as it is without the self aware verbal shitposting out of Leon.
youtube.com/watch?v=y82et9FRKcs

That at least could have escaped from the Zoo. the Shark is just weird.

The Mummy
(Brendan Fraser)

We haven't had a good shooter-horror-action fuckfest in years. As clunky as it was, there was some charm to that.
>Hear: AAAAAHHHHHH
>have to slowly turn to see chainsaw sisters

I thought the zoo only started existing in re3

RE4 is unironically a masterpiece and one of the greatest games ever made. That it exists in the middle of a franchise that was above par at best in its prime is the truly weird thing

But T2 is widely considered the best. It isn't so clear for Alien or Aliens

as a spaniard re4 was too cringe for me
imagine a movie set in UK with all accents being from kentucky and people dressed as cowboys

This game turned to shit when the first dead man with an axe droped ammunition

>RE4
>only decent resident evil game
im glad Sup Forums and Sup Forums dont mix often.

You knew about the 180 degrees turn right?

And I agree insta death enemies are the best.

>zombies with weapons and bazookas
this game was like the house of dead movie of uwe boll

Kek i always thought the Americanized Spanish accents were funny.
"Tenemohs quew irrrrnoohs"

>a beloved franchise
>all have a clear cut formula and long standing traditions
>throw them all out of the fucking window, create something completely new which has nothing to do with the original and then slap the name on it

Godfather 3

>It's not as easy as in RE3· tough.
It's literally so much easier

This.

pretty much

the plot is completely cheesy as with capcoms standards, the characters are even more cheesier.

But the game had solid gameplay and didn't take itself seriously which is what made it so great.

USA studios always get hispanoamericans to play as spaniards and always messes up with traditions like puting bullfighing basques in seville and whatever
If I was a billionaire I would finance a movie in wich thanksgiving, st patrick's day and 4th July were celebrated the same day and New York would be the capital of Texas
Just so you people feel our pain

Especially in the original PS1 game where the "aqua ring" was just a regular basement floor with a tank in the middle.

Unless you play it on hard mode like a real man.

Or how Richard managed to cover up the hatch he climed down into it with a book case.

DINO CRISIS
Now that was fucking hard

I think they were just playing off of the urban legend.

Dino Crisis isn't a movie.

>using guns and ammo in an RE game
Knife runs only bitches. Get gud.

Please never post again

What you mean?
I remember not having enough ammo
it should've

If you didn't have enough ammo it means you weren't playing correctly

Wew. Love me some tremors.

>Jill sandwich

keke

No it means there were too many dinos

Retard
You're talking about a handful of extremely brief, exciting scenes in a long ass game. Are you gonna say the opening of the game is more action oriented because you run from a giant Boulder for one second even though that whole village section is creepy as fuck? Yes but it's still tense as fuck as you have to space shit out and choose your shots carefully, you're also not flush with ammo unless you're super conservative which is cool, like i said making you capable doesn't make things less scary
Cancerous post

Who was the best character in the franchise, and why was it tribal Sheva with a longbow?

Fucking lol

Leon. The protagonist of the two best games, makes Chris look like a pussy in comparison and doesn't afraid of anything.

What's clunky about it? The game basically invented third person shooters and is still better than majority of TPS that have come out decades later. If you complain about the inventory system I'll stab you