I don't really get it, did this show get picked up by CN or not? I enjoyed the pilot...

I don't really get it, did this show get picked up by CN or not? I enjoyed the pilot, I especially thought the character designs were really cool.

Other urls found in this thread:

juliavickerman.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I agree. I dunno if the show would have survived for long, but I wold have still loved to see it for one or two seasons.

It was just the same old "it's okay to be a kid" crap all while not actually being fun.

The creator currently work on nuPPG. Really.

O kurwa. I'd understand if they wouldn't want to draw something ever again after that.

>Dat music
>Dat butt-witch design
>Dat comfy school setting
>Dat QT protagonist
>Working feminization and giantess fetish into the same scene in the pilot

Why did it have to die?

It deserved a shot, at least. This pilot was much better than the ones we got a couple of months ago.

If enough people keep talking about it/watching it it could still get picked up. Adventure Time was a failed pilot and didn't get picked up until years later because the pilot had so many fans. It might not be Cartoon Network but it could happen if the fans keep showing support.

I personally don't really see where they could go with the show. The main reason it got popular on Sup Forums is the Butt Witch but other than that it has a very weak concept. The visuals are nice but it is is not the slightest bit unique.

Aren't the ratings pretty good despite all the shit it gets? If that keeps up then I can see Twelve getting another chance in a few years, like UG eventually did.

It's usually on the lower end of the block, it doesn't get as good ratings as say TTG, Steven Universe or even AT iirc, but it's higher usually higher up than Clarence and Gumball.

this was posted on the show's tumblr page last week

Oh. Well that's nice to hear!

It's got a cool artstyle, but I am so fucking done with wacky-cutesy 80s rainbow magic land cartoon settings.
If they took that style of character design and exported it to something I'm less sick of, I'd be 100% on board.

>80's stylings
Nigga, this is 90's shit.

Hopefully it gets picked up.
love me some butt witch!

Doesn't really mean anything.

Anyway, it was a fine cartoon. It's not like UG or nuPPG or Regular Show "went anywhere". And, this has an actual female protagonist.

it's in Limbo

maybe one day it'll get greenlit, but who knows

Honestly, it didn't look all that great to me. It seems like it was going for the "lighthearted coming-of-age action cartoon" route, but the premise undermines the possibility of meaningful storytelling.

The main character is apparently omnipotent within the show's setting, and she can take objects into the real world so she's functionally omnipotent there as well. Virtually any problem could be solved by her literally dreaming up an easy solution, and it almost certainly wouldn't be used to anywhere near its full potential.

The setting itself, meanwhile, is clearly trying to be an expansive and fantastic world, but it's actually just a bunch of things she thought of one day. That makes the whole thing seem less significant; there's no reason for wacky creature A to be wacky creature A, except that she thought of it one day.

Of course, there are some good things in the pilot. Like the Butt Witch, obviously. An actual Twelve Forever series could be great, but it would need to have some serious thought put into the "rules" of the universe and the main character's powers.

The reason Sup Forums likes it is because when we write greentext for it, we're not writing for the intended demographic, we're writing for us.

What we want:
>buttwitch the manifest of puberty/growing older
>Reggie coming to terms and eventually becoming friends with buttwitch
>Dealing with Shane getting attention from other girl

What it'll probably be
>problem of the week
>initial solution fails, later, weird ideas succeeds
>maybe some sort of moral?
>status quo is maintained hard

In this age of cartoons, arc-based storytelling is popular and workable. There's a good chance that's what they'd try to do. However, there's not a good chance they'll succeed; it's not easy to make meaningful story arcs when the setting consists mainly of fancy but meaningless things randomly dreamt up by the protagonist.

>If enough people keep talking about it/watching it it could still get picked up
That really didn't help The Modifyers.

The creator is the main responsable and the most "veteran" of nuPPG.

I don't really want this show. They showed that they are awful on ppg.

actually the main writers for nuPPG (a comment from a former boarder on neogaf implies that the show is not so much board driven as it is something akin to script driven: Maybe it's the same way that Clarence does it, where the outlines have a shit ton of the dialouge) are Haley Mancini and Jake Goldman

>tfw she worked on the twerking panda and unicorn episodes

CN has been making more "challenging" cartoons for some time now, I mean, whether you like them or not, Steven Universe's plot is far more complex than what you just explained, and even Adventure Time deal with stuff like dementia and sexuality, stuff you wouldn't see in your typical cartoon.

>MC retreats into an escapist world made up of her imagination
>ButtWitch attempts to snap her out of her delusions so she can grow up
So ButtWitch is actually a good guy, right?

If you check out her tumblr, it seems she's much more passionate about Twelve Forever than she is about PPG. Just check out the links she's got at the top of her blog
juliavickerman.tumblr.com/

Anyone else think a miniseries would work way better than a full-blown seasonal show?