Try to watch mature adult drama

>try to watch mature adult drama
>get bored or disturbed by violence
>turn it off and watch kids cartoons instead

All I watch are kids cartoons, but I'm getting bored of the genre and I want to try watching something else. I once made a thread a long time ago asking what are the best shows I should watch and so I tried watching Mad Men, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, and The Wire. But I can't finish those because either I get bored because nothing happens and I have to turn it off, or they shove in edgy violence and I get sick and have to turn it off. Are there shows where things happen and there's no edgy violence? For reference of my taste my favourite shows are Gravity Falls and Gumball.

You should probably kill yourself. Watch some shitty daytime procedural like NCIS, probably more your speed

>my favourite shows are Gravity Falls and Gumball
excellent taste

Low IQ, sensitive people like you don't deserve to breathe.

i used to think you were an idiot but you've really grown on me

yeah products from the entertainment industry is really about guns or romance. people have no creativity

I get your point
Every popular 'adult' show is just dark.
You might like scrubs until the last few seasons, psych was a good one too, desu even how i met your mother is pretty fun until you realize the mc is a total faggot

Are you a woman or just a very dumb guy? Serious question.

Why don't you watch comedy, capeshit shows and teen stuff? You could also watch over the top action style stuff that is too absurd to be disturbing a la The Matrix.

In a last case scenario, you could just watch sports.

>edgy violence
not all violence is 'edgy'. go back to your safespace and keep watching cartoons you dumb cunt

Also burn notice was a fun show too
Just dont watch the last 2 seasons of these shows bc theyre terrible

People who like edgy shows give edgy unhelpful responses. Why am I not surprised?

I don't really like live-action sitcoms, but I'll probably try those shows. Thanks, user.

Edgy

Otherfag...but seriously, after a day of work (specially if was hard) the last thing you want to watch on tv is an adult drama, or an action flick.

I had hard and very hard days when I was working in a thermoelectric power station...just coming back home to watch Dexter's Lab in CN.

Those shows I tried were just what was recommended to me as "the best shows ever."

I don't like live-action comedy shows, what I hear about capeshit shows is that they ruin the source material so I've never given it a shot, and I don't like shows that focus too much on teenagers (some of the worst episodes of my favourite shows are the ones that focus too much on the teenagers). Action movies and sports bore me too.

>guys i don't like good tv what should i watch?
>also keep in mind I'll just call each one of your recommendations stupid and i'll end up just watching what I always watch, which is cartoons

Why are you here?

Unironically watch naruto. Im just like you. The naruto poster here finally made me give it a shot and it sounds like what youre looking for. Lighthearted adventure without grusome shit. Theres a reason that show went on for 700 eps

Twin Peaks

not trolling
>little violence
>inspired Gravity Falls

I've only had two posts with actual recommendations and I found one to be helpful. Don't blame me being a "pleb" on your shitposting.

Entourage is best comfy show

I've heard about it before, but always tried to avoid it because I don't like murder mysteries, but if it's not that violent I'll try to give it a shot. Thanks, user.

Well, then, unironically
You're not gonna find much on TV other than these. You could, instead, watch a bunch of movies and give up on shows.

I didn't call you a pleb, nice projection. Clearly you were waiting for someone to do such a thing so you can rant about it.

You're not going to take anything seriously. You have no interest in watching anything different. This thread is being used as your personal blog so you can grandstand about how disenfranchised with television you are. Leave.

So Monk and Columbo are ruled out?

>mature adult drama
It's a meme. Most of them are just garbage filled with sex and violence. There's nothing "mature" about them. They're glorified soap operas.

Tbh he does sound like an anime guy
Maybe one piece too. Thatll keep ya busy for 2 years op

>I didn't call you a pleb, nice projection

You complained about me not liking "good tv." Clearly you didn't like me being a pleb.

Since that post I've found another good recommendation ITT. I do have an interest in watching different things. It seems like you're the one projecting if you can't understand that.

>Monk
BASED Scharpling

If they aren't too violent I'll give them a shot. I just tend not to like them because they all seem to be dead bodies and bloodstains, and cops beating people up, but if it's not like that I'm open to them.

I have trouble watching anime. I really don't know why, I just do.

>ill watch cartoons but not the most popular cartoons
ok op

>I just tend not to like them because they all seem to be dead bodies and bloodstains, and cops beating people up

jesus hide in a cave forever than. How has the world not eaten you alive yet

People with high IQs don't even watch kino.

You present a difficult case, OP. Let's get cracking. Do you like science fiction or not so much? If you do, you could try Farscape or Doctor Who maybe. You might like Lost but I'm really not sure.

You might like Downton Abbey?? I've been watching and it's real comfy... I feel like it really could work. They do throw in some edgy plots on occasion sadly. Really it's mostly season 4 that has an edgy plot development. But other than that it could work.

Catastrophe on Amazon Prime is a very funny show.

I'll try to keep thinking OP.

She's just some lame troll. Not sure if she is a tranny or just faps to them but acting like an innocent simpleton yet reacting with disgust towards everything someone says when she claims to be looking for something new is trolling 101.

Maybe he watches tv to get away from the harsh world

Tbh this. Thats what we get for taking op seriously for once

>Otherfag
what did it mean by this

Lost

Otherfag here...which are the most popular, ruling out anime?

He means "I'm pretending not to be the op because i've been here to know samefags are hated but also new enough to not understand what a samefag is so i'll play it safe and pretend to be someone else just in case"

women fucking love violence and gore unless they're like old moms (in my experience).

so you dislike
>violence
>gore
>murder
>teenagers
>mysteries
>"edge"
>action
>sports
>capeshit
>anime
>blood

I'm not trying to be funny right now but please other than kids' cartoons what things do you like? Also why are you asking for recs when you clearly have found your niche and aren't willing to stray from it?

I don't know much about sci-fi, but I have many friends who are fans of those shows you mentioned. They look fun. I think it's finally time for me to check them out.

desu Downton Abbey looks kind of boring.

>reacting with disgust towards everything someone says when she claims to be looking for something new

I'm not a "she," and I only get disgusted when something too violent. There can be new things I can enjoy if it isn't too violent or boring. Again, you're projecting if you think I'm not genuinely interested in new shows.

it's even more childish to think that television should be "mature" or "sophisticated"

a real man recognizes that television is shallow. so if you are going to watch tv, you should watch the most basic and entertaining tv you can.

having said that, the sopranos is a very good show. I don't pretend I deserve a diploma for watching it. I enjoyed it and that's the reward.

B T F O
T
F
O

I said I'll check out Twin Peaks. I don't know much about tv shows, so I wanted to learn more. Clearly people don't care and think someone as stupid as me is just a troll.

I'm beginning to think this is some high level troll tactic. Pretend the other person is a troll to make them look foolish. I've now got enough recommendations to check out, so I think I'm done with this thread now. You are now free from my trolling, I guess.

I get why you would think that about Downton Abbey, I only started watching because my mom wanted to, but like a lot of stuff happens. It's actually pretty fast-paced from scene to scene, though there are a lot of filler plots. But kids cartoons are also full of filler plots right?

Twin peaks is violent and at times is a serious drama with a lot of edge. Go away.

This

>Murder mysteries involve dead bodies and bloodstains
No shit

>46 replies

Go talk to Sup Forums, faggot.

>One of the rare times when Sup Forums actually makes recommendations and it turns out to be a bait thread

What shows are you referring to? What even falls under the umbrella term "mature adult drama"?

Everything that's not a reality show or a cartoon seems to be too mature for you, op.

Try watching Community, you might like that

If you get sick/disturbed by violence, do not watch Twin Peaks. It has a few scenes that are extremely disturbingly violent