Apparently this is what the Space Battles look like in The Last Jedi

Apparently this is what the Space Battles look like in The Last Jedi.
Source:
Star Wars fb page
>The Last Jedi's space battles look more frantic than ever. All wings, report in
Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZq53GloUhw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ugly warships

Muh X Wings and TIEs

>battle between small ships
Why are they autists? Use big ships like star trek, or big ships with small vessels like battlestar galactica or stargate

Star Wars is for children

>implying anything will ever top this

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZq53GloUhw

When your space battles pale in comparison to the ones in Episode III you know you're doing something wrong.

Say it. It's ok. He'll listen to you. Just say it.

I can't wait for another spaceship battle like in VII and R1 where it's just rebel fighters flying around in a circle for 20 minutes, occasionally shooting at something and somehow not being pulverized by defenses.

Why must they jerk it so hard to the ANH aestethics? George made a lot of improvements with space battles in the prequels. Fucking recognize that, you mouse piece of shit.

u wot m8?

there was nothign in the prequels that matched the first death star, hoth or endor space battles, he just spammed as much shit on screen as he could.

prefer the season 9 finale when the good guys get rekt

>X Wings and TIEs again
FUCK JEWS SO MUCH
I HOPE SOMEONE GAS THEM FOR REAL THIS TIME

what is this?

Remember when RLM accepted TIEs and Xwings in TFA despite being set decades after ROTJ but then he made fun of them being used in R1 even though that was set a week before ANH?

Stargate

George didn't even gave us a geonosis space battle

shut the fuck up star wars is fantasy and the space battles mimick those of ww1 and ww2
fuck you and your commie postscarcity star trek bullshit

When did rafts/small boats fought in WW1 or WW2?

prequel tier

fighter pilots you shitwit

Retard Confirmed
DUH IF THE SPACESHIPS ARE SHIPS THEN THE XWINGS SHOULD BE BOATS HU DUR
Fucking dumbass
What are aircraft carriers?
Now you'll tell me NO AIRCRAFT CARRIERS IN WW1!!!
I know but this is not important
What matters is that Star Wars fighter is based on the dogfights of ww1 and ww2
and that's it

are you literally retarded?

I am on Sup Forums on friday evening. What do you think?

It's so dense.

Not gonna lie: I saw the movie in theaters when I was 21, and I got literal chills at the opening scene here.

I know it's Disney, so they had to end on a "hopeful" note, but in terms of storytelling, that battle really should have been portrayed as more of a pyrrhic victory, which could have been done with an extra minute of action showing the Rebel fleet getting mopped up: ace X-Wing pilots getting swarmed and overwhelmed by TIE's in the background as smaller capitals get tractor-beamed into Star Destroyers and boarding pods latch onto larger Rebel capital ships.
Something like this:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

shame about the buzzdroids

It was great until they started talking, then it became a slapstick comedy routine.

NO TUG BOATS IN THE STAR WARS UNIVERSE

>put aliens and people in the background to make them look like theyve been lived in.
>DUDE SO MUCH CLUTTER LMAO
I've never understood this argument and could still tell what was going on in each scene. Its like theyre pretending it has the visual clarity of a transformers movie.

Yep. Especially even when they were in the elevator on board the ship.

>Anakin drops into the elevator
>Obi-Wan: 'Oh, it's you...."

I still cringe...

Cartoons aren't impressive or cool. They will never feel real like miniatures do.

the whole prequels were cinge
but I still like them

Did you press the stop button?
No, did you?
No.

Apparently this is homosexual enthusiast propoganda.

The "Rebels" should build an entire fleet of tiny super ships. That's all they need.

Its so dense

you haven't seen the bit when anakin impersonates R2D2 noises

Episode VI with Lando had the best space battle.
This is a fact.

minus the dum ececutor crash, this is the best scene ever recorded
nothing will ever match the endor space battle

Except it's all from an "enhanced" version

that was pretty bold thing to say on record about his boss.

and?

>aesthetic
u wot?

Are you complaining that it looks like the space battles in the old films or that the ship designs are the same?
R1 is set a few days before ANH, of course all that shit is going to be the same!

If you're complaining about the style of the space battles, I still have no clue what you're talking about since the SW formula for space battles is pretty much the same all over.

It is more bloated and some of the effects look worse

the fight and the camera angles are the same

>season 9

there was no season 9. there wasn't even a season 10. everything after 8 was gay fanfic tier homo bullshit

>RRRRRRUUUUUUUAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

What does it mean by this?

>anime

and of course there is gay "hardcore" buttrock all throughout it, because that's what nerds think is cool.

RLM will unironically hate this. They just want a small number of x-wings vs. a small number of TIE fighters

still the best

jews are the reason star wars was ever non-shit in the first place

people that watch Star Wars should be gassed

Oh really? Can you elaborate, jew boy? Since the success of ANH, the jews did everything they could to undermine Lucas and take away his films and fortune from him. They never gave him an award but crap like La-La-Land get several oscars because the producers are israeli funding illegal settlements.

sure thing cutdick

I've never fully liked this scene. It's cool in certain ways on first glance,but there are also problems with it that would be problematic even if the prequels as a whole were better, the characters more well-written, and so on. For one thing, the way that the scene unfolds is obviously designed in order to show off various visuals rather than for a compelling higher reason. This draws attention to itself. Secondly, there is oddly little happening in the background. All the shooting seems to be happening in the vicinity of where-ever Anakin and Obi-Wan's ships are, and meanwhile the ships further away simply hover there. Also, the whole thing looks too shiny and video gamey. Perhaps more importantly, there is way too much camera movement. The camera calls attention to itself by constantly frantically maneuvering. CGI encourages this because the camera can be caused to do arbitrary things. But it feels weird and keeps the scene from feeling stately. Watch the attack on the Death Star from A New Hope. The camera doesn't swing wildly through the scene to follow the action. Instead, cuts from shot to shot are used to create motion of the point of view - a far superior technique which creates better psychological effects. When things on screen are moving, also moving the camera a lot as if it were a physical part of the scene, flying through it, is often extraneous and wastes the power of the cut from shot to shot.

>big, obnoxious, cgi ADHD bullshit
I am literally sick of this meme.

Lok it doesn't though, child.

It's almost like he had different expectations and different standards for two different movies trying to do two different things. Huh, really rattles the ol' brain box.

It looks as boring and uninspired as the Force Awakens dogfights. We have ships that are exactly the same as the OT although 35 years have passed. This is absolutely pathetic. Star Wars was more than spaceships, droids and lightsabers you stupid shallow jews

You can't just go a single thread without complaining about Jews, can you?

This, The space battles are pathetic. They don't even attempt any sort of military decorum or command structure or anything either like the originals had. It plays like kids playing pretend with toy x-wings, just yelling whatever at each other and nothing at stake. The original trench run was fucking harrowing, everyone was dying and they knew it, but they had no other choice. They even set up Biggs in Luke's first scene in the movie so we'd have some personal connection to at least one of the other pilots (which worked brilliantly).

How do they keep getting it so wrong even when they try to make the same movie again? Is it because kid's movies can't have anything dark in them whatsoever now? But the scene where Han gets killed was pretty dark. I don't understand

They realized they went too easy on TFA because they bought into the hype machine and had to take it out on R1 even though their criticisms were more valid directed at TFA. Those hack frauds!

>How do they keep getting it so wrong even when they try to make the same movie again?

you already answered your own question.
>kids playing pretend with toy x-wings

>X-Wings vs Tie Fighters again
>X-Wings weren't even bombers, they were skirmish fighters akin to Spitfires
>Y-Wings completely forgotten about
>They were being replaced by B-Wings in Return of the Jedi
>No Tie Interceptors or Tie Advanced

Why the fuck can't they think beyond DUDE XWINGS

Because most people at Lucasfilm right now are hacks hired only because they have connections to Kathleen Kennedy's circle. There's no place for skills and passion, it's all about buddies and easy money

AT-ATs,Tie-Fighters,X-Wings, Y-Wings
THINGS I KNOOOOW

I haven't....

And now that you've brought it up, I'm afraid...

CGI fire and explosions still look awful. They should go back to using real ones until the nerds figure it out.

Because OTbabbies.

Anything can top a literally plotless fight scene. Who is who and why? Who cares? Oh, they're droids and clones, both literally disposable. Awesome. The tech clearly wasn't there to make everything look fully realistic, so its not very impressive and looks fake.

I expected the video from RotJ edited with only the Battle of Endor, I am disapoint son

>when they realize they can save a whole several dollars from getting rid of the stars

The Battle over Endor was pretty kino too, I just prefer the one over Coruscant. The practical effects still look great, too.

So two opposing hobbled, ragtag factions were supposed to pump all their resources into R&D during the power vacuum follow RotJ instead of salvaging surplus fighters?

jews lack creativity, they can't help it. now buy, goy!