What the fuck was his problem?

What the fuck was his problem?

I'd squeal on anybody. Once, in school, I caught my best friend smoking. I didn't report him. Later, I snitched on myself for not snitching.

He was a weasely little shit that was desperate for a respect he'd never earned. He thought in the military as a doctor he would get rank and respect in an orderly situation where people are obligated to lick his boots. Instead there were two goofball fucks forced to serve who were better than he was and shit on everything he thought was important. He's mad that he's an asshole.

Some alcoholic touchy-feely asshole was getting all the pussy and eventually took over the camp.

He's from Indiana
/thread

So Frank Burns was just a beta bitch?

Keep in mind Frank was fucking Hot Lips with a wife at home.

He was a ferret face.

NERTZ

did Hawkeye fuck hot lips in that 2 parter?

Autistic and bitter that Hawkeye and Trapper were alphas getting all the pussy

so /ourguy/ desu

OH GO SOAK YOUR HEAD

>dat season 3 finale

It should have been Frank instead of Henry.

>not showing the horrors of war by having the good guy die and the retard get a comfy job after he fucks up
You're a newbie director, you should stick to children's shows.

he got hotlips pussy tho, the best pussy in the camp.

Even though his character was a piece of shit, the actor did a spectacular job portraying him.

Great actor, the only flaw being his character never really developed.

>implying MASH didn't show the horrors of war in a thousand different other ways

>Great actor, the only flaw being his character never really developed.
Yeah, that's the main reason the actor left the show, he felt that there was nothing left to do with the character.

I mean he was wrong in that the writers could have had Burns develop in all sorts of ways, but since they had no intention of doing that, Burns doing stupid schtick #45 has a half life eventually and after 3 seasons of playing the same dumbass every episode it's time to shelve it.

not that user but don't try to defend your stupidity.

Not that user but go and White Knight somewhere else

who is White Knight?

He's stupid, leave him alone.

He was great. Larry Linville played that sneaky Frank Burns so well.

Larry was also very popular on set and universally liked by cast and crew. Just an all around great guy. Winchester was not a suitable replacement for ole'Farret Face

Leave Frank alone.

Winchester had a far more developed character and made an excellent replacement in my eyes, he's my favorite character.

Yeah he was pretty good I guess. I just missed Frank. I did like how Winchester was an actual competent surgeon that could put Hawkeye to task on occasion.

>tfw you find out Frank was cool in real life and that Radar was a real cunt

Wait, really? How so?

because the cast members said so

>Larry Linville died of pneumonia after having some of his lung removed along with a tumor
>meatball surgery finally caught up with him

Really roasts your almonds.

>when you realize radar's hand is deformed and you can't help but look for it everytime a scene with him comes on

I disagree

There are plenty of attractive nurses I won't deny that, but that isn't one of them.

name one

The only other nurse besides hot lips i can name by heart is kelly and she isn't very pretty. I'm not going to look them up.

That thicc Korean nurse

nurse cutler was the best
iirc, she was married and hawkeye wanted her bad but couldn't break through

Frank was a straight-up prick in the early eps but by the end of his run he was basically just the autistic punching bag for the 4077 bullies

hawkeye disagrees as well

That episode near the end of the show where she basically calls Hawkeye a piece of shit for bending over backwards trying to fuck every other nurse except her hit me right in the feels.

just realized Frank is the clear inspiration for this smeghead

He won in the end, he got a promotion as well as a a boost to his civvie career.

I'm CIA

My dad always pointed that out to me and called him Flip or Flipper kek

>tfw Sup Forums likes the one show that never gets old for me

Colonel Flagg: You're dumb Freedman, very dumb, but you've met your match in me!

What was his fucking problem?

Colonel Flagg: I have nothing to do with intelligence.

Blake?

He didn't fly so good

Would you comply if she ordered you to have sex with her?

Fucking Baneposters.

legitimately kekked

was frank the original chinlet?

Hawkeye called him a "lizard lipped, weak chinned weasil." Hawkeye was onto something in both the tv show and the motion picture.
My fave version of Frank was tv frank as opposed to crazy, bible thumper from the movie.
Though I learned a new respect for the song "Onward Christian Soldier" from that Film.

To Ferret Face! (cheers)

>I'm a doctor, Margaret. But I swear, if I caught you with another man, I'd blow my brains out and then I'd kill both of you!
Literally /ourguy/

He did almost get Hawkeye executed for mutiny so he deserves the shit he got

Frank Burns eats worms.

Oh hardy har har, Pierce.

This Frank Burns was far more sinister and creepy.

AIDS

This is set before that time, user

A mediocre coward of a man. His mother, the wife he didn't love, and Hotlips dominated his life. Forcing him to do things he didn't want to do, in order to increase is status.

unhappy with his life and tormented by the women controlling him. then he winds up in the MASH 4077. Where some lower ranking drafted doctors humiliate him personally and professionally.

Shut up, BJ

I would do it voluntarily.

Based BBC for broadcasting MASH without the laugh track.

He's such an unbearable cunt that I can't watch any series with him in it. I knew a guy that looked exactly like him with the same personality too.

He fucked her the time they were stuck in some hut out in gookville if that's the one you mean

>Mash re-run on a freesat channel
>Some episodes are clean
>other episodes have laugh tracks

Fucking hell

You know Radar also had a small cock but on the other hand it was quite large!

As quoted from the novel in this movie, regarding what is wrong with Frank Burns:

>every time a patient dies it's either God's will or someone else's fault.

Sums it up.

not ejoying cheesy laugh tracks

plebs.

>Lt. Col. Henry Blake's plane... Was shot down... over the sea of Japan... it spun in... there were no survivors...

this

Yea the dvd has a option to watch it without the laugh. It is much better.

Mash is a very comfy series. I was sad when Trapper left.

He was a good doctor

>Great actor, the only flaw being his character never really developed.

where would you have taken it? how about Burns gets captured, escapes, goes totally paranoid and shoots Klinger, believing him to be a north korean agent. as they drag Frank off screaming and kickling, Klinger's last words are "I wish i'd thought of that."

FRANK BURNS EATS WORMS

Hawkeye was a better surgeon and he was jealous.

Good woman right there.

Klinger wanted to get discharged for wearing dresses but not for being a homosexual, what a walking contradiction of a "man"

Trapper and BJ were the only characters worth caring about. Hawkeye was a douche, Frank went mad through horror, Henry an idiot, Radar was a hick, Hotlips was a slut, Winchester was pompous, and Clinger too desperate to realise he was the only sane one.

Potter was fine too. The Kelso of his day.

Note the war sent both Frank and Hawkeye mad in their respective ends. Neither could handle the horror.

Col. Potter is BASED

>I've seen things, man

Klinger was based. A little off kilter, but he was a good guy.

I agree. I'm actually on season 4 right now. I liked Blake a lot but Potter fits right in. "The Bus" is a standout episode.

He was an ass.

Frank and Hot Lips were having an affair for the first three years of the show. In season 4 Alan Alda gained more power behind the scenes of the show. He and Loretta Swit decided that it was best for her character if she wasn't an adulterous woman. It was also in the best interest of the show to make her more sympathetic as certain people had objected to the ongoing adultery story line.

Unfortunately this change in direction was bad for Frank's character because it required him to be the only bad guy on the show. After the break up his character was constantly in a state of perpetual outrage, almost like a stereo typical wealthy dowager in an old fashioned comedy bit.

He hated it so he left the show. He was also one of the few people in the cast with conservative political values.

Oh, nerts to you!

>doesn't like based Sherm

Trapper > BJ
Potter > Blake
Burns = Winchester

Trapper was supposed to be the only thoracic surgeon in the book and movie. They made Hawkeye the thoracic surgeon on the show instead.

Wayne Rogers felt that diminished his character by stripping his credentials.

>Burns = Winchester

What's the problem?

Colonel Flagg was a real nut

>how are you doing user?

I'm Jesus Christ