DC Comics officially buys rights to publish Harry Potter comics, including extended universes

shareonfb.com/vcf9f2/DC_Comics_officially_buys_rights_to_publish_H

>United States, USA — J.K. Rowling stated this morning that she has given DC Comics the right to produce "graphic novel material that is specific to the universe of Harry Potter so long as they do not mingle with the universe of DC comics"

Other urls found in this thread:

shareonfb.com/rcgj7p/co-thread-fools-over-20-anons
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's cool.

Please god get Skottie Young to make a Harry Potter comic.

Harry Potter and Sandman cross over?

IT BEGINS
Very imterested tp see how it compares to SW sales

Neat

Been waiting a long time for DC to make more Books of Magic.

Now watch as they do absolute shit with it.

>J.K. Rowling doesn't want a Harry Potter/Legion of Super-Heroes crossover
what a bitch

You got me op nice one

>so long as they do not mingle with the universe of DC comics
>no multiverse harry potter shenanigans
damn

What a coincidence. I've spent the last week burning through all the audiobooks.
This'll be neat

That's a pretty cool prank. I'm not even mad, I'm impressed.

>so long as they do not mingle with the universe of DC comics

Damn you John Cameron.

>DC now has something that might compete with Star Wars
neato

John Cameron, you should not have made yourself identifiable.

fuck that hack

someone ban op this is bs

>Only like 3 posters in this thread actually clicked on the link
Wow Sup Forums I expect better

I fucking bet you they'll make Black Hermione.

Good, it would only result in arguments about if HP spellcraft works the same as Raven's, or one of the other DC mystics

marvel shill please you're just upset that Star Wars will get BTFO by Harry Pottery

IDK my mind immediately went to the possibilities of a Harry Potter universe DC comic (or comics) and that was pretty cool, even though I'm not a huge HP fan, so I just posted a first reaction.

I mean I wouldn't give a shit about like the actual book cast so much, but something set in that world historically or in another school in that world - so you aren't just retelling stuff - would be really cool.

>DC now has harry potter
>Rebirth selling better than civil war
>that fucking cbr poll
I don't even read DC, except for a few old bionicle comics
Hopefully Marvel will get fucked and will finally stop pushing their shitty legacy heroes.

You asshole, I was really hoping this was true.

As a Marvel fan I want to star wars sales to go down so the artists can go on cape books

It's stupid how easily I believed it.

What is bigger, Star Wars or Harry Potter?
I'd say that SW has advantage over HP, but I don't know the current state of the HP fanbase.

Wow, no one clicks or even reads the link huh

Shareonfb, that famous news site

Well sales are lower than before

But Darth Vader will probably just get relaunched and be successful, and they'll just make new minis of characters they've already done

Luna/Ginny comics when!?

Star Wars would probably sell better in floppies, but I could see the trades selling even better than SW ones do.

Man, DC is really out to curb stomp the already weak Marvel.

It does seem likely. WB has the rights to Harry Potter, so HP comics being published by DC makes total sense.

HARRY EL SUCIO POTTER Y LA PAJA OCUlTA Comic when ?

Rowling won't let them

Oh shit... I had completely forgot about that.

IDW is BTFO now.

>el bananero
You came 8 years late.

>Your phone has been severely attacked by 4 viruses
Is anyone retarded enough to actually listen to these popups

And those fat pig fucks at Marvel thought Star Wars was gonna make them money.

Goodbye, Marvel.

They fucking better not.

:^]

Hey the tripfag has a good point, how popular is HP these days ?

>United States, USA

I can completely buy Sup Forums believing this despite that being right there. You don't even have to click the link, and it still fooled people.

"And we have a new staff member this year. I'd like you all to meet your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Constantine."

In my heart, it was the only thing that could take on Star Wars and win the teen movie market.

Holy fuck, Star Wars vs Harry Potter.

Popular enough.
But popular in an entirely "untouched" demographic. This could allow DC to tap into the kids market again.

I kinda pathetic how most people in this thread still don't know this is fake

Sup John Cameron

Now this worth betting on.
#1 Isn't going to beat Star Wars in anyway, but will it have a better shelf life than star wars?

>DC
>buys
Where the hell is DC getting the money from to buy rights that big? Surely not from their "successful" cost efficient movies? Surely not from their "massive" sales over Mavel?

Well Fuck.
It could have been reall though.
WB probably is prodding rowling about it.

What part of "no crossovers" do you not understand?

WB owns DC and owns any and all licensing right to the harry potter franchis. The only reason Harry's not been milked dry is 'cause rowling doesn't want it to happen.

>United States, USA --- Sup Forums stated this morning that they have acquired the rights to seventy four dicks lodged roughly into their mouths.

>only 74

We can take 75!

oh fuck

What cbr poll?

>including extended universes
Téh fück does that even mean?

I guess they can come up with their own original character donnut steel and shit like that

This is Sup Forums at its finest. Do change, oh dear board of mine.

>mcfw I'm not a company wars bottom bitch and I can enjoy both, in addition to the Hanna Barbera DC comics and the IDW Transformers

>implying they wont reference the DC universe indirectly

all they need is Ron having a DC comics or newspaper articles in the background or something to indirectly confirm the worlds colliding without confirming or denying in official conferences.

OP, your mistake was using the old logo.

>how many people it fooled

Clearly it wasn't.

Well done DC, well done DC...

HOWEVER

>Being this butthurt over Marvel dominating the industry

How does it feel to know that DC will never EVER make more money than Marvel, at its shittiest form, now :^)

Cool.
I'd like to see them expand on all the other schools.

>people still haven't clicked the link
>haven't questioned the validity of a site called 'shareonfb'

Sup Forums was always easy to troll, but it's not really cute anymore. It's pretty embarrassing now, and has led to our current Sup Forums and tumblr pest problems.

I hadn't read the thread yet. I'm surprised, especially given that location and shady URL

Just you wait mothafucka

Jesus Christ, he's right.

I got nothing against diversity, but I'm very particular about my Hermione. I'd be willing make Harry black or mixed instead. I'd have no problem with that honestly, but not my Hermione.

>"Wow I can't believe you're still reading this."
God damn.

Spews

As much as I love Harry Potter, it's no where near the same level of reputation of Star Wars. Mostly because Harry Potter hasn't been a melting pot of creativity for over thirty years like Star Wars has

But checking for validity, or a source, is hard work! Listening and believing is much easier.

So Hanna Barbara crossovers are fair game then.

China, Australia and the Middle East need a school.

>Sassy, stick in the mud, black Brit chick

Damn it boner.

British wizards clearly hate China, and did not even map their school.

Would have been awesome if true. JKR is the worst part of Harry Potter, open that shit up to new writers.

>I'd be willing make Harry black or mixed
It would still make pretty much no sense; Lily's most important physical characteristics are her red hair and green eyes and James comes from an old pure-blood family which would make it pretty unlikely for them to be black.

And honestly, although I hated the way Rowling acted towards the reactions to the casting (trying to insinuate she never stated Hermione was white), I seriously doubt they would change the race of any characters in any future works, let alone one of the trio.

Can you guys believe this thread made the news?

shareonfb.com/rcgj7p/co-thread-fools-over-20-anons

I don't know, I kinda like how protective she is of her universe. It certainly stops it from going into stupid territory like Star Wars' EU did.
Of course, the downside is that there's little activity in exploring the universe and its potential.

Chinese and asian magic in general has a LOT of necromancy/nasty stuff involved on it,maybe that's why they don't like it?

>y-you can't raceswapt this particular character
>but it's fine if you do it to someone else

Neato

>JKR is the worst part of Harry Potter
Explain to me how exactly Rowling is anywhere near Lucas levels of mediocrity

>the last question
Nice.

European wizards vs Chinese wizards war incoming!

SEQUEL SERIES WHEN?

we did it Sup Forums

our hoping for marvel to die is going to come to fruition

That is Pissing Off Fans 101.

Say that the thing was never good to begin with, OR that the creator cannot write for shit.

You will start flame wars within seconds.

My fucking pyschic powers Sup Forums...

I started writing a Batman/Harry Potter crossever comic (since WB owns them both, it's a nod to that being that they COULD be in the same universe).

The story is called

>Bruce Wayne and the Boy Who Talked To Snakes

It's about Zatarra introducing a young Bruce, at his parents funeral, to this other orphan boy, thinking they could both need a friend at the moment.

The audience is lead to believe it's Harry but... It's Tom Riddle. And the story has a very sad feeling to it, knowing who these kids are going to grow up and be but for right now they're best of friends. Bruce never learns what Riddle becomes, to him he's always just a good friend.

It probably won't happen now but whatever.

>Sup Forums was always easy to troll
>actually going on the site brings up a little dancing troll figure
I mean, was Sup Forums actually trolled if they didn't follow the link?

>people still falling for it