Give me peace, and I'll give you God

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lux49tqeOlE
youtube.com/watch?v=AKt_Lp9B-tg
youtube.com/watch?v=cbb-mita0Hs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

is this the young pope? i want to discuss it but all the threads die too fast

The finest pleb filter in existence. All those media journalists that wanted House of Cards in the Vatican and got pissed off that it didn't shit all over the Catholic Church or provide them with heros and villains.

They weren't entertained by the personal, human struggles of a saint. Plebs.

kek

I can't blame the media for expecting that, because that's what I was expecting. I was pleasantly surprised though. I was expecting the message of the show to be "Christians are evil!"

you want to discuss it but dont recognize this scene?

maybe he's still in the process of watching it

good point i guess

I agree. although I did feel some aspects of the show were kind of pretentious or unnecessary. I was confused about the gay dude who I thought was the same person as the Pope's brother? also I don't know anything about the innerworkings of the Catholic church so some of the dialogue went over my head. but I liked that all the characters had some sort of goal and grew over the course of each episode, and Jude Law was really good

youtube.com/watch?v=Lux49tqeOlE
this is my favourite video

There is no merchandising from TYP in Rome. I would totally buy ironic fake pope memorablia.
If anyone has contacts with some Chinese sweetshop, there is a free market niche.

the red haired guy that was with him at the orphanage? he was in a 3 way i dont think he was gay, just a deviant.
used his character to highlight just how "godly" the pope is i think

Top 3 scenes:
3rd Lenny adressing the masses first time
2nd Lenny adressing the cardinals and making them bow
1st "not them me" confession with Tomasso

best scene is on the plane when the reporters are sleeping.

Virtually everything in the show was good.

youtube.com/watch?v=AKt_Lp9B-tg

youtube.com/watch?v=cbb-mita0Hs

Pure Kino

>kino

Please don't use that word.

My snack?!

>Halo starts playing

Watching scenes back makes me want to watch it all over again.

I actually think one of the best scenes in the show is the one with Patriarch of Moscow with the "Kalinka" song in the background. The way it's edited and how the Patriarch leans for a kiss, Lenny stops him, quickly hugs him, then rushes him to the door and at the end turns around with his cape. PURE KINO

He was fucking wife of a local boss and was getting fucked by one of the altar boys in the parish where he served as a priest. So I guess he was just bi.

thats right he abused that gay kid at the local perish and then stopped him from becoming a priest because he was gay lol.
my point stands though, just meant to show that lenny is holy even when his closest friend he had the same start to life he did came out completely differently

Just a reminder that only retarded Americans hate on this show.

wow great post pal good job

I posted the smug halfling in that pic, AMA

but I liked this show and I'm an American

well I did say retarded Americans

>Did you lose or did you find? I don't know. And I will never know. I can't even remember your name, my love. And I don't have the answer. But this is how I like to imagine it, the answer.

>In the end, my love, we have no choice. We have to find.

I wasn't expecting this show to be so fucking good.

I like old pope better than young pope

hahaha XDDD

So disappointing Jude wont be in s2.

As a Catholic I can only fucking wish that we wind up with a pope like Lenny.

Ironically the closest thing we've got in the Church to him right now is an incredibly dark-skinned French-speaking cardinal from Guinea. God bless him, though. He'll save the Church.

>and got pissed off that it didn't shit all over the Catholic Church

Is it just me, or is anti-catholicism the last prejudice that is 100% acceptable in America? Make jokes about pedophile priests all you want and it's cool, point out that the founder of Islam was a literal pedo or how messed up it is that Jews all cut baby's penises and you're a bigot. Even mocking protestant Christians (talking about the hardcore Southern US types) will produce some major backlash. But Catholics? Go nuts.

Tell us more about him

Because as cool as the vatican and catholic images look, it produced some of the shittiest countries the world has ever seen.
WASPs are superior in any every single way, just compare mexicans and americans.

Seriously was so surprised it didnt shit on religion

This show has some of the worst use of music i've ever seen, it's like they just made a list of songs before they even started filming and had to shove them in somewhere. 90% of the time something random just starts playing for like 40 seconds and it doesn't correspond whatsoever with what was happening on screen

>I'M SEXY AND I KNOW IT

Almost dropped right there, but I'm glad I didn't since the show was really good overall, weakest part was probably the Kurtwell sideplot

That's what I was expecting, went in after every episode had been released and hadn't heard anything about it. The dream sequence in the firs episode also threw me for a curveball and made me think it would be about a liberal progressive pope

He once gave a speech in which he said the greatest threats to the Church were Islam and homosexuals. Or, put more abstractly, heathenism and blasphemy. He's also called for Mass to be said facing the crucifix the way it was before Vatican 2. He is absolutely based and all the liberals and modernists hate him.

This is him, by the way. Cardinal Robert Sarah.

>literally every second character is inexplicably a homosexual

catholicism produced the greatest empire this world has seen

agreed, either that or the speech in africa

sublime episode

WHAT THE FUCK

Next season will be called the new pope user.

i think you either didn't watch the show or are an idiot

and what empire was that?

One of the only shows I can think of that actually made me tear up, and twice at that.
Fuck, Jude was so good, so was Voiello's actor.
I hate bringing this up, but it really makes me mad that the potential season 2 is going to be completely different because of DUDE TRUMPandAMERICANPOLITICS LMAO.