A friend and me are having an argument about which show was better. I say the Weekenders, he says Dark Wing Duck...

A friend and me are having an argument about which show was better. I say the Weekenders, he says Dark Wing Duck. What do you say? Inb4 they both sucked.

They both sucked.

They were both great.

/thread.

I used to think this was an evil show growing up cause none of them went to church on Sunday

You were absolutely right, and all four of them died in the series finale where they were then judged and sent to Hell to pay for their wickedness.

I thought the same thing.

Well, good thing Sup Forums exists to destroy the pathetic part of your self that cares about Churchiness.

If you do still care about going to Church, piss off, Flanders.

it's not a thread till Sup Forums starts making the argument way more complicated and off topic than it needs to be.
Like how we all know it's called a Bouncy Castle.

Are they really comparable? DD was a superhero show, Weekenders was slice of life.

Don't you mean a Hop Hut?

Agreed.

If it's any consolation, Jesus said going to church was a waste of time as you're only showing off to other church goers that you worship God instead of focussing on actual worship.
>when you pray, do so in thine own closet.

are they pretending to be interested in the game just so they could hang out with the boys? is that also why the ginger was "into" skating?

Hey, they have better things to do, but going by the Christmas episode...
>Tino- pagan (Winter Solstice)
>Carver- ?(Kwanzza)
>Tish- Jewish (Ch...Han...Christmasx8)
>Lor- Irish Catholic? (Christmas)

No, they've only got two controllers. Besides, Lor has a dozen (or so) brothers, who are ALL into sports- not only do they have an in-ground pool, but their backyard is ringed with basketball hoops, and they've got a shitload of outgrown/broken equipment in the shed. So it stands to reason some of that rubbed off on her, so she's into sports too.

Saving bump.

Kwanza isn't a religious holiday, it's a cultural one. It's essentially an African pride day

Still, that's about the closest thing we get to Carver's religion... (It's one of the mysteries of the series, like where the pizzeria owner gets the money/time to keep changing the theme every week -or sooner-) Other than his fashion fetish.

Langdale did good work on both. I'm less familiar with Weekenders though (it was a Saturday show after I'd hit Working Age and my weekends were spoken for), so I'd probably get more out of it now thanks to the comparative newness.

Weekenders by far. That show was chill as fuck.

Apples and Oranges.

DWD was a super hero parody comedy while Weekenders was a SoL comedy about teens. Both very tonally different, both did what they did very well