Gandalf's sword

If both Frodo's and Gandalf's swords are made by elves (that glow blue when orcs are near) why didn't Gandalf's sword glow blue in the mines of moria?

Like half of the characters have elven weapons. Frodos sword is special.

Why didn't Gimli know that all the dwarves in Moria had been killed? Why didn't Gandalf say anything when Frodo was deciding which way to go if he knew about it?

Glamdring did glow, the movie just didn't show it.

>Why didn't Gimli know that all the dwarves in Moria had been killed? Why didn't Gandalf say anything when Frodo was deciding which way to go if he knew about it?
Nobody knew they had been killed. Balin's expedition had taken place just 30 years before the story, and they hadn't communicated with the outside world for years. Gandalf had only been in Moria once, and that was before the expedition. Besides, the decision to go through Moria didn't happen as portrayed in the movies.

He even says in the Hobbit that it would glow blue because it was elvish metal, Jackson is just a hack

Are you baiting? This is a really dumb question even if you haven't read the books.

The real question is why not just give the rig back to Sauron? Would things really be that bad? He seems like a pretty decent guy

>the decision to go through Moria didn't happen as portrayed in the movies.

Yes, but the decision was made that way in the movie.

How was it different in the book?

Why didn't Isildur just shake his hand?

Why did Gandalf even had a sword when he's a wizard? can't he just use cast spells for fighting?

Sorry wrong pic

That's a big guy

Ya always bugged me in the movies (haven't read the books) that he never used Pyroblast IV or something. Must not have specced into it

If I take that ring off would yo die?

It would be... extremely baneful

I actually liked the level of magic in the movies, it was never overdone but still had an importance to it
isildur? Is that you/

He was a shit wizard. Couldn't even teleport or mind control people, only make pretty lights. Dumbledore would have wiped the floor with him.

Dumbledore is a confirmed faggot who cheated his way to the top, Gandalf wouldn't even consider him a threat

it was supposed to, it was a detail they forgot in the LOTR movies, and then remembered in the hobbit movies.

gandalf and thorin's swords were legendary for raping orcs.

Haven't you played D&D?

When you make a magic weapon you roll a d10 - on a roll of 1-3 your weapon glows at opportune moments

kek keep telling that to yourself Gandalfcuck.

You know what Dumbledore does when he wants to fly?

He has a horde of skeletal zombie flying horses.

Meanwhile Gandalf has to go AHHHHHHHHHHHH HELP ME EAGLES each time.

>ywn fiddle with Frodo's ring in Cirith Ungol
Why even live?

do you think the orcs buttraped him?

I hope so

unironically, elf semen

Jackson is a hack.

>. No gleam came from the blades of Sting or of Glamdring; and that was some comfort, for being the work of Elvish smiths in the Elder Days these swords shone with a cold light, if any Orcs were near at hand.