4 Days of America's Army

Murrica Day is almost here, so hang up your cowboy boots on the fireplace and leave some Coke and burgers for George Washington!

Day 2: The Haunted Tank

Come and read awhile, camarades, and listen to music from local Texas artists.
youtube.com/watch?v=sMhLuzESByA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oRC2hk2poCY
youtube.com/watch?v=H_nR-vmPPS4
youtube.com/watch?v=I-WgYtcDnhU
youtube.com/watch?v=4Ph099t1SAw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This time I'm going to cover major events throughout the history of the Tank, instead of just dumping issues in order.

Why is he just laughing at his descendant like an asshole?

Cool.

>Drawing the Line at... 10 cents!

Sorry for the shit quality of this cover. And the pages are almost as bad.

But it is a glorious team-up of DC war heroes!

FYI, we'll be getting to Johnny Cloud's comic later on, with Jack Kirby's The Losers.

youtube.com/watch?v=oRC2hk2poCY

IIRC the US forces never really called the M3 Stuart the "Stuart", it was just called by its number. They got the Stuart, Lee, Sherman etc names for different tank models from the Brits who fielded them first and gave them names to help differentiate them.

Garcia Lopez is probably one of DC's most iconic artists. He created the "house" standard style guides for them in the 80's.

That's pretty odd. Why did they give British tanks the names of Civil War generals?

The Americans built the tanks, but sold them to the allies fighting before they officially joined the war as a way to indirectly oppose Germany. The Brits got the tanks and gave them names after American generals to fit their origin.

>How can I get copies of Green Lantern/Green Arrow?

I forget how horrible it must have been to try and find back issues back then.

So this character, "Dead-Eye", never appeared in any other Easy Company story before or since. Who the fuck is this guy?

Damn Frenchies, get outta my Murrica comics!

Hey, Sarge is celebrating too!

Who do YOU ship her with?

This one's another crossover with Easy.

youtube.com/watch?v=H_nR-vmPPS4

youtube.com/watch?v=I-WgYtcDnhU

That's a good trick.

A friend of my mother's is a brigadier general, I'd like to talk to him because I'm sure he's seen some shit.

We now return to our normal Haunted Tank storyline.

Fellas, we got ourselves an origin story.

Will you do any Enemy Ace?

>I bet it's on the back of the knee

Not this time because he's a Kraut bastard. But I'm loving these war stories so much I think I'll go on with him and Mademoiselle Marie after the 4th.

He was very generic though. I remember every comic he did the art looked like it could have been drawn by just anybody.

Very true. Good, but lacks any uniqueness or charm.

youtube.com/watch?v=4Ph099t1SAw

Get a load of this asshole.

Grayson totally stole this.

Isn't that a bit like calling Seinfeld generic and unfunny? Isn't he only generic because he created the gold standard for style so everyone tried mimicking him, making him only generic in hindsight?

This is Sgt. Rock's brother I talked about, but he actually seems WAY more interesting and different that I thought.

His style still isn't very unique because it's essentially a stripped down version of guys like George Perez and Al Milgrom and other guys who were heavily associated with DC. It was really designed to be made into cheap cartoons and toys. Again, it's good, but rarely wows you.

I'll return in a moment.

Great ad

Issue was missing.

Attempted to combine the two pages with moderate success.

Aaaaand I just realized the pages are meant to overlap. D'oh.

I actually really love this scan because it retains the original coloring/dots and printing imperfections of the original while not being blurry as shit and impossible to read like a lot of old scans.

Absolute madmen.