Why doesn't Arkham Asylum burn the puppet in front of the guy before wheeling him into a padded cell for 50 years?

Why doesn't Arkham Asylum burn the puppet in front of the guy before wheeling him into a padded cell for 50 years?

I thought there was a story where that did happen? I don't read too much Batman

Because he actually can be cured (happened in season 4 of BTAS). No need to purposely fuck him up.

Why doesn't Batman just rape the Scarface?

Because even if they suck at it, Arkham honestly does want to rehabilitate people.

So they keep trying.

He'll just make another one.

Why doesn't Batman just lick your ass?

I thought it was the Puppet that was the criminal, not the man?

because that would be murder

this would be much more humane

Because watching an elderly man suffer a psychotic break isn't generally a good time.

>he lobotomized the puppet
Everytime

Because Wesker is insane and doesn't adhere to rationality. Scarface has been destroyed several times, Wesker just makes a new one.

I mean, the puppet is just a puppet. The dude's insane, he would make another one because he thought the first one's ghost told him to, or something.

You know I'd like to see that. Destroy the puppet, stick him in the padded cell, he makes a new one from his own skin or something.

He can't make a puppet from anything if he's in a straightjacket. What would he do then?

tulpa

Uh, I didn't think of that. I dunno. He sneaks in a piece of glass or something to cut his sleeves. It's happened before.

Or even like a splinter from Scarface. That would make a good McGuffin.

splinters

for respect

They cant even cure the joker, yet they keep letting that mass murderer out

It happens in TNBA, IIRC. He sees the puppet in his dreams and on mirrors.
And the fact that he makes another puppet each time means that Scarface is still inside his mind even when the puppet is destroyed.

Perfect.

The puppet got destroyed in BTAS, he just made another. In Arkham no less

At that point he'd probably just "make due" and hallucinate that scarface is there.

That entity is so ingrained in his mind that he probably doesn't need the physical puppet to believe he exists

Because they purport that they're a mental health institution.
The reality is somewhat different.

Does Arkham have a single reformed patient?

Does being dead count as reformed?

Why doesn't Martian Manhunter meme the puppet out of his mind with mind tricks?

> have no

> had
Yeah. Riddler and Joker both at one time were reformed. I'm sure someone who has read way more Bat stuff than me can name at least one more

Pottery.

Wasn't Two Face reformed for a bit around Infinite Crisis?

Am I and these other three anons the only ones who have watched the show? Arnold Wesker is a sick man who can be cured.

And was.

By Arkham.

This is canon.

Yes turned back to a criminal path for a brief time, but he was cured.

Isn't the puppet haunted by a ghost?

It's not A ghost. The doll was originally made from an old tree used for lynching outside of Gotham. Scarface is sort of the evil of every soul that hung from that tree

I prefer The Ventriloquist just being crazy

Glad to hear they only lynched bad people.
But really, isn't Scarface an actual mobster from Gotham history?

Harley Quinn?

Shiva had thoughts on Ventriloquist's 'sickness'.

The Ventriloquist
Harley

Bless Simone for trying, but she doesn't really get Shiva.

the voice would still be in his head i'm guessing. scarface isn't actually alive, you know.

can we get a scarface storytime, or a dl link, or something? He's my favourite character, but I don't know where to even start when it comes to his stories.

Really? Because she's probably spent the most time writing Shiva outside of Dennis O'Neil.

That's why I say bless her for trying. Because she does try. Which is a damn sight more than anyone else does with Shiva.

Shiva's a tricky character to work well. The danger-seeking assassin part is easy, everyone gets that. What people fail to convey is her ambiguity. All too often, she comes across as a homicidal thug, or worse: they make her the leader of the League of Assassins. Simone tried harder than anyone else to capture the O'Neil Shiva and I certainly give her credit for it, but I don't think she really succeeded. In general, Simone has trouble with nuanced characters. Her characters tend to be very clear and bold, not ambiguous at all. You usually know exactly what a Simone character is after and what they're thinking. I don't consider that a bad thing, but it makes her use of characters like Shiva a bit awkward.

>Destroy the puppet, stick him in the padded cell, he makes a new one from his own skin or something.

Don't give Scott Snyder any ideas.

"You crying big baby? You should have killed fitty man!"