Did you prefer the computer voice or the voice actor?

Did you prefer the computer voice or the voice actor?

Other urls found in this thread:

bugmag.tumblr.com/post/143968999584/data-log-entry
youtube.com/watch?v=pzL89KsRxRw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Computer was a lot funny.

Computer voice was part of the charm, no idea why they changed it

Why have there been so many threads about Robot Jones lately? Some kind of resurgence?

People are wondering whatever happened to him

Like everyone else, I prefer the computer voice, mainly because it was funnier sounding and his parents had similar voices.

LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER
LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER
LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER

some executive complained supposedly

rumor has it the robot voice was copyrighted or some shit and the guys who owned it threatened legal action against CN
it's really weird because I was a wee kid back when that show first aired and I can still remember how the original robot voice sounds

Wasn't it an office version of microsoft or something like that? macintosh maybe? they typed it and it spoke it and they just used that, got in trouble for not asking rights

I actually think it was word98 text to speech and they higher up's thought the voice scared kids

sauce?
not for me, uhhhhhh a friend needs it???

I thought it was MacInTalk.

I feel like a filthy degenerate for commissioning this, im not even really into it bugmag.tumblr.com/post/143968999584/data-log-entry

you are in fact an awful person, however i do thank you for sending me that link so i can, errr, chew out the artist for doing such filthy commisions

you're pretty cool guy man

This, it was one of the things that set the show apart

remember that one ep with robot jones and that one other guy and they're hanging out and watching MTV and they play this song:
youtube.com/watch?v=pzL89KsRxRw
always really liked this one as a kid

kek

Just recently? The show is like 15 years old, and just about everyone outside of hardcore cartoon fags forgot it existed or never even knew about it in the first place.

Still, I picked a good time to start rewatching it. Even if it is really fucking hard to get through sometimes.

THINKMAN
THINKMAN
THINKMAN

Actually, it is "You are a pretty cool guy."

Thanks for this

Do you not know what contractions are?

i think he meant coz there's no indirect article

Why would they do that now?

I was not born yesterday. Obviously I am aware of the existence of contractions. However, I choose not to use them, and you should do the same. A person whose speech is fraught with contractions is akin to a drunkard slurring his speech. For some reason, I am the only one who appreciates the beauty of the English language enough to enunciate it to its fullest extent. Also, by abstaining from contractions and speaking clearly (and thoughtfully), my rate of speech becomes slower; hopefully, slow enough for the average individual to keep up with me.

Holy fuck, forget I asked

autism

It's just a rumor

She lost her leg :((((

My intellectual intelligence is far superior to yours.

fuck off

If y'all'dn't've gone onto Sup Forums then y'all'dn't've had to've exposed y'all's sensitive skin to the likes of our dirty plebeiean language.

Roleplaying Robot Jones?

Gotta keep on cubin'

*tips fedora*

this thread inspired me!!

here's a drawing of robot jones i did in 2002.

and here's one i did just now!

i just really want a nice high quality plush of him thats all i want in life

I can't believe you've managed to keep a consistent style over the last 14 years, congrats mate!

WHAT IN THE HOLY MOTHER OF GODDAMN FUCKING PISS SHIT HELL FUCK CUNT ASS NIGGER HAPPENED TO ROBOT MOTHERFUCKIN JONES!?!?

lmao

Cute.

you dont want to know

>That episode where Robot Jones couldn't tell if he was a boy or a girl.

Apparently someone at Apple was gonna pull legal action against them for it since it was using an Apple speech-to-voice program.

It was alot more interesting to watch with the computer voice, like a robot actually voiced by a machine.

>wherespacman.gif

I loved the Schoolhouse Rock designs on this show

Push me

and then just touch me

What?

It appears I'm the minority of this, but I actually did prefer the voice actor. I think I love the certain tone in his voice for certain dialogue, like expressing emotion through more than just computer noises.

After a while the computer voice kind of got stale, especially when he does his reports at the end. Lengthy lines of speech where he actually talks a lot was less tedious with the voice actor because it seems like a kid speaking like a robot, rather than a robot talking to a robot.

I don't know if I'm explaining it right, but Robot Jones being a robot that acted AND sounded more like a kid just felt more right than just robot.

till i can get my
satisfaction

till I can get my

satisfaction

Actually went to college with the guy who did the voice acting for robot jones as a child. He looked like a dwarf jim belushi and he was annoying