You are given complete control over the DC film universe. How do you fix it?

You are given complete control over the DC film universe. How do you fix it?
I'd start by firing Zimmer. youtube.com/watch?v=6ohreiBenzM

Make an upbeat, optimistic Superman film, still set in the same ugly, morally ambiguous world, but with Superman having a more bonafide human connection to the world rather than being an emotionally distant alien messiah, and deciding that the world is still worth saving.

And then a goofy Booster Gold and Blue Beetle movie mostly because that's something I've always wanted to see.

Also just do a Green Lantern movie with John Stewart for shits and giggles.

The next thing would be to fire you. I mean what qualifications do you have to fix anything?

Hans Zimmer already said he's not going to make more superhero movies because he has a hard time finding inspiration and struggled to make the BvS OST.

Perhaps do Hush? Think it runs through a good amount of the DC universe characters.

I've actually read a comic book, so that makes me more qualified than Snyder undoubtedly.

It shows.

But it sounds like everyone struggled to give a shit about BvS.

Make Batman stop killing people, beyond that Ben Affleck is GOAT.

Make someone write Superman as a nice guy instead of a silent tortured soul. And Make Lex less cartoon evil. The best thing about Lex is that Superman can't prove he's batshit.

Also not pulling the trigger on Doomsday, and then Apokolips so fast would have been nice.

Reboot it....

I'm too autistic so I'm going to keep this simple.

>fire Zack Snyder
>go for a more brighter, fun (not necessarily quippy) approach for every property they haven't brought to fruition yet, except for properties where that might not necessarily be the best direction to go in (Batman, Justice League Dark, and so on)
>for Superman and WW, continue on with the more grounded, 'realistic' tone that has already been established, but in Superman's case, brighten it up for god's sakes - have Superman smile, even laugh for once, just let him emote more period
>also have Superman actually try to save people during fights and show more concern for civilians, trying to stop property damage
>give us Brainiac for the next Superman movie
>speaking of, retcon Luthorberg as an imposter, kill him off and bring in someone else, maybe Billy Zane, as the 'real' Lex Luthor
>for the Aquaman movie, give it more of a fun, nautical adventure vibe, with a bit of dark shit going on (the Trench, Black Manta killing people in brutal, gruesome ways)
>speaking of, make Black Manta impressive as fuck
>GLC movie is a buddy-cop origin movie with Hal Jordan and John Stewart

You guys are no better than Chris Stuckman at thus.

>this desperation to misconstrue statements

>Luthorberg as an imposter, kill him off and bring in someone else, maybe Billy Zane, as the 'real' Lex Luthor
But he's not the "real" lex luthor
He's a Jr

I'd do all this but keep Eisenberg. I like him, he can change into a more traditional Luthor in prison.

No, it doesnt.

I'd like a lot of this. A big thing I'd like to add is to steal themes from the animated Justice League and attempt to make the characters more level on the playing field in terms of power, and really sit the fuck down and look at each one to see what story elements each individually represents. What goals the character has within their environment, and what purpose they have for the story being told.

Superman from the 60's on at the very least has stood as a symbol for humanity to look at and draw inspiration from. Yeah, he's kinda godly and all that crap, but his consistantly trying to do the right thing and make decisions that benefit others is what sticks out to the common person, and he COMMUNICATES this with his personality while portraying a ground sense of personal humanity.
Zack just .... fuck, I don't know how a director could jump the rails and go so far away from this concept. All of the heroes / villains should have this level of depth to them.

Hire M. Night Shyamalan to direct the Justice League movie. He literally couldn't do any worse a job than Zack Snyder.

Can we just have Superman smile? Once?

Get help from Disney and Marvel

As Snyder would put it, you can't have them smile, they're already grown ass men in spandex trying to be serious, how can audiences take them even more seriously if they smile?

Turn All-Star Superman into the movie and ramp up on those FEELS.

Actual bright colour in every film other than Bats