This is Tuvalu. It's the smallest country in the world by population and size. Its GDP is 70 million dollars...

This is Tuvalu. It's the smallest country in the world by population and size. Its GDP is 70 million dollars, which means it makes less money in a year than an Adam Sandler movie costs to make. Much of that money is by licensing out the .tv domain for websites to American television companies. Say something nice about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_area
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>10% of your territory consists in an airport lane

>It's the smallest country in the world by population and size
Dare I say, is this American education?

Fourth smallest, sorry.

F

Guess it would depend on the tide.

what is life like on tuvalu?

>Much of that money is by licensing out the .tv domain for websites to American television companies.
Genius.

Probably fat. It's a Polynesian island.

Their GDP is less than what our former populist politicians used to stole... Really makes you think.

Pic related is a 2,5 million dollar yacht that a corrupt politician bought, now he's in jail and the ship now is used by the coast guard.

What can a coast guard even use a yacht for?

To guard the coast

It must have been repurposed for some higher ups

The smallest country by size is Monaco.
Vatican isn't a country, it's a shitty district of Rome that catholics consider as a country.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_area

To patrol Puerto Madero which is a turistic spot, aside that nothing else...

It's repairing for our society to see that stolen stuff comes back to the people... For example another corrupt politician that used to have a ghost construction corporation got all their machinery confiscated and gave it to the army, another one who has a luxury car fleet also got all his stuff confiscated and given to the police, there's another example with books, and even a jet (Lear Jet 45) from a corrupt politician also confiscated and given to the police.

user... Macri jailed 64 corrupt politicians, businessman and even a general till now.

Anyone here ever been to Tuvalu? What's there to do as a tourist?

Yeah some trannies are now broadcasting speedruns through one website using that domain.

This thread has nothing to do with us, stop being an attention whore

That's pretty neat to know. Here corrupt politicians just get away with it.

Yeah sorry, I've been infected by the brazilian attention whore virus.

But I was looking at the pictures of all those mansions, cars and stuff that Balcedo used to have and it makes me angry as fuck.

>10% of your territory consists in an airport lane
what do they want a giant airport lane for??!

It's just one lane. It's probably the only option other than waiting for ships to cross the ocean super slowly.

i know user, i was trying to be funny, s-sorry

>Vatican isn't a country, it's a shitty district of Rome that catholics consider as a country.

MY SECULAR ASS IS ON FIREEEEEEEEEE

What is the most popular sport in Tuvalu?

Are Tuvalian girls cute?

They're mostly overweight

Being fat

why dont they take any refugees?

>70 million dollars for that tiny island
they're quite wealthy then

bump

bump.

Amazing that a place so small and geographically isolated can have national sovereignty. Unfortunately, like many tiny island states Tuvalu is just a welfare state. A huge majority of their income is from international aid as they literally don't have the resources to become self-sufficient. I think such states shouldn't exist.

Should Tuvalu be an Australian dependency?

What happens here?

I thought Monaco was the smallest country in the world

Shithole

>Amazing that a place so small and geographically isolated can have national sovereignty.

Give some clay for a USA army base and you'll have your sovereignty.

Yes. Monaco is the smallest if you do not include Vatican City

Tuva-luva-lu
Where are you
We've got some work to do now

Hello

>Say something nice about it.
I-I would rather watch Tuvalu people working on stream than an Adam Sandler movie.

I remember Sup Forums wanted to take over that country and sent a "Deceleration of war" that actually got a response

what

>be Sup Forums
>just helped get Trump elected as president of the United States
>find out about Tuvalu
>want to take over it and create their white ethnostate
>start planning shit out
>send declaration of war to the PM of Tuvalu
>misspell declaration as deceleration

what about the response?

>white ethnostate
>Sup Forums

this is their flag, if this flag appears here, i kill myself

Um , what did the Tuvalu government say?

Any hot ebony girl there?

>this fucker hugging a qt in the right

Oh god, why?

Underrated

bump

In 1974, ethnic differences within the British colony of the Gilbert and Ellice Islands caused the Polynesians of the Ellice Islands to vote for separation from the Micronesians of the Gilbert Islands. The following year, the Ellice Islands became the separate British colony of Tuvalu. Independence was granted in 1978. In 2000, Tuvalu negotiated a contract leasing its Internet domain name ".tv" for $50 million in royalties over a 12-year period. The agreement was subsequently renegotiated but details were not disclosed.

Location: Oceania, island group consisting of nine coral atolls in the South Pacific Ocean, about half way from Hawaii to Australia
Area: total: 26 sq km
Climate: tropical; moderated by easterly trade winds (March to November); westerly gales and heavy rain (November to March)
Terrain: low-lying and narrow coral atolls
Elevation: mean elevation: 2 m; elevation extremes: lowest point: Pacific Ocean 0 m highest point: unnamed location 5 m
Natural resources: fish, coconut (copra)
Land use: agricultural land: 60%; arable land 0%; permanent crops 60%; permanent pasture 0%; forest: 33.3%; other: 6.7% (2011 est.)
Irrigated land: 0 sq km (2012)
Population - distribution: over half of the population resides on the atoll of Funafuti
Natural hazards: severe tropical storms are usually rare, but in 1997 there were three cyclones; low levels of islands make them sensitive to changes in sea level

Population
11,000 (2013 UNSD); 11,052 (July 2017 est.)
Nationality: noun: Tuvaluan
Ethnic groups: Polynesian 96%, Micronesian 4%
Religions: Protestant 98.4% (Church of Tuvalu (Congregationalist) 97%, Seventh-Day Adventist 1.4%), Baha'i 1%, other 0.6%
Languages: Tuvaluan (official), English (official), Samoan, Kiribati (on the island of Nui)
Principal Languages: English
Literacy Rate: 95% (2004 USDS)

>arable land 0%

I wish there was a Micronesian user here so I could as what Micronesians actually are.

Also, if they have 0% arable land, why is 60% of the land used for crops?

It looks like a nice penis

Hahahahaha haha

yes, according to FAO "agricultural land" is made of of: arable land+permanent crops+permanent pastures

Look it's not like it really matters considering the entire country will be below sea level in another 50 years

Wouldn’t it be better to auction it and use the cash to buy real equipment