China's third aircraft carrier likely to be fitted with catapults

China Yes!

A photograph has emerged on Chinese online forums showing that China's land-based aircraft carrier mock-up in Wuhan, Hubei Province, is undergoing modifications.

These are likely to reflect changes between China's first indigenous aircraft carrier, the Type 001A, which is currently being built at Dalian shipyard and the next one to be constructed, which is commonly referred to as the Type 002.

Most significantly the ski-jump section has been removed from the mock-up, reinforcing expectations that China's third carrier will be equipped with catapults.

Construction of China's third carrier is expected to take place at the Jiangnan Changxingdao shipyard near Shanghai. So far there has been no official confirmation of the programme nor visible evidence of the construction, but there has been considerable speculation that production of the initial modules is already in progress

We can not say "Ramp!" anymore

Other urls found in this thread:

news.com.au/technology/innovation/inventions/new-17-billion-aircraft-carrier-remains-incapable-of-doing-its-job-us-government-report/news-story/6e2b8574d2720a5bd04958c3b72df1e9
janes.com/article/62780/china-s-third-aircraft-carrier-likely-to-be-fitted-with-catapults
sofrep.com/60563/give-bloody-nose-xi-pressed-stronger-south-china-sea-response/
defensenews.com/story/defense/naval/navy/2016/07/11/russia-india-nuclear-aircraft-carrier-storm/86937106/
indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/indian-navy-initiates-steps-to-acquire-predator-b-guardian-emals-2947690/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trident_nuclear_programme
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Chinese are dumb as fuck

Americans are smart.

>A ((carrier)) without any loadable planes
Ya it's a meme. The Brit carrier with a fucking ramp is much more relevant.

The People’s Liberation Army has previously declared its intention to launch six aircraft carriers — two of them nuclear powered — before 2025.

news.com.au/technology/innovation/inventions/new-17-billion-aircraft-carrier-remains-incapable-of-doing-its-job-us-government-report/news-story/6e2b8574d2720a5bd04958c3b72df1e9
janes.com/article/62780/china-s-third-aircraft-carrier-likely-to-be-fitted-with-catapults

Two Chinese "catapults+Nuclear powered Aircraft carriers" will be appear in South China Sea by 2025

China's third aircraft carrier likely to be fitted with catapults

IHS Jane's Defence Weekly

It would be a shame if that carrier experienced a sudden explosion

Japan you need to stop these Chinese rats

Maybe we should give Japan an old carrier to use

>Chinese """"""warship""""""
>still uses catapults
Are they gonna mount it with sails and oars too?

>giving them the Midway
just rub the salt in slowly

'Give them a bloody nose': Xi pressed for stronger South China Sea response
sofrep.com/60563/give-bloody-nose-xi-pressed-stronger-south-china-sea-response/

Russia Offers India Nuclear Aircraft Carrier
NEW DELHI — Russia has offered its nuclear aircraft carrier, dubbed "Storm," to India for purchase, a senior Indian Navy official said. The offer comes as India and the US discuss the transfer of technology for India's future nuclear aircraft carrier
defensenews.com/story/defense/naval/navy/2016/07/11/russia-india-nuclear-aircraft-carrier-storm/86937106/

No longer
>a fucking ramp
Welcome to the cool club, chinks

BRITS BTFO

Catapult > Ramp

hahaha quoting news dot com.au

you retarded faggot

>yellow journalism to incite anger at the only country in Asia which can stop American neoliberal hegemony in Asia
Oy vey, all non-liberal democracies must be destroyed, or it'll be another Korean War!
I've never understood how Sup Forums can be so pro Russia but loathe Russia's only major ally. Russia depends on China and vice versa. These two countries are the only countries standing in the way of NATO world domination.

"

“We should go in and give them a bloody nose like Deng Xiaoping did to Vietnam in 1979,” the source said, referring to China’s brief invasion of Vietnam to punish Hanoi for forcing Beijing’s ally the Khmer Rouge from power in Cambodia."

Ah Hah hah hah hah!

China beating Vietnam!

China, you lost to Vietnam when you tried to punish it!

The Vietnamese had just fought a prolonged war with America. They were fully prepared to handle you.

>a back country hick not knowing what a catapult on an aircraft carrier does

Go educate yourself before you wreck yourself

That was 79, China was really poor and in bad shape in general back then. Vietnam no longer has any VC-type guerillas and China's PLA has had massive upgrades since then.

China and Russia have a very long love/hate type disfunctional relationship thing going. Just because they have mutual interests today doesn't exactly make them allies.

HAH, Yeah, right.

Point is, China claiming it beat Vietnam is revisionist history.

The Chinese misrepresenting something? That's crazy. You crazy.

They're relations right now are probably friendlier than ever before. Not as many conflicts of interest as even the Stalin days. The point is that in international disputes, they almost always stand united, like with Syria. China and Russia have huge, strategic trade relations. When one gets challenged, the other will be on his side.
They gave them a bloody nose, doesn't mean steamrolled.

>a Jap celebrating a Chinese accomplishment

wait wat

Harro proxysan. It's the wumao hard at work.

when rechristened, it should be named after famous Japanese cities

>chinks in charge of SVTOL

they're retooling soviet aircraft designs. hence muh catapult

I see, I see, so they're like the CTR of China?

it's good to learn something new every day

Yup, they shill pretty hard some places and actually predate the CTR by several years. Media control in China is taken very very seriously.

Is Japan buying F-35s?

>my face when we have operational railguns

>america is now using electro magnetic super catapults
>the chinese are just now figuring out how steam works 70 years after the Brits and Americans started using catapults
If there was any doubt anglos are naval master race here's the evidence.

Whats the big deal with laughing at the ramps?

>ramp
It's poor man's solution to air craft carriers.

Yes but not for those. They're buying A models.

Catapults can be used to launch drones like the rq7.

It's poorfag as fuck and it means your F-35B will be able to carry less shit and you won't be able to fly fixed wing AEWC aircraft which is doubly poorfag.

Isn't this just a way to launch the aircraft? Whats the difference?

I'm guessing that catapults can launch bigger planes than a mere ramp.

Catapults can launch both much larger planes and fighters with much larger payloads.

US carrier can launch massive planes for instance.

The newest gen US carriers are crazy.

Like says, not only do they have railguns, the catapults are themselves railguns. The Chinese stuff is like vacuum tube tier.

Why would China need aircraft carriers? Are they going to join the shitskin bombing party?

Overcompensating for something perhaps.

>be able to fly fixed wing AEWC aircraft
Isn't that what all our Islands dotted over the globe allows?

>means your F-35B will be able to carry less shit

Aren't they VTOL?

Every pound of fuel is one less pound of munitions. Launching from a catapult frees up a lot of weight and/or extends operational range.

I would argue that the primary purpose of aircraft carriers is to bait other countries into sinking them, so the national outrage can be used to justify total war. That is the purpose of the US carrier fleet.

They are planning for something

Why is a Jap being so cheerful about China getting the means to project power?

You're jumping the gun I was talking 'bout ramps.

User idea "V Cunt Jet"

I detect patronizing sarcasm.

Fair enough, I'm just saying even a plane with vtol capability benefits from a catapult. Ramps are archaic.

They claim that they own everything in the South/east China sea. They have loads of territorial disputes with all neighbouring countries. They build artificial islands because they don't have the naval power yet to back their claims. That's going to change in a few decades time when they have several aircraft carrier groups.

>ID
wew lad

The fact we still use Phantoms don't help. Also our new "helicopter" carrier has only five fucking spots on the deck for heli's. And only carries 28 helicopters.
Fucking BS, self defense force my ass, the Nork Gooks are launching missiles at us and we're the military laughing stock of Asia.

I need to see a video of the thing in action my head can't get past the image of a medieval style catapults lobbing planes and hoping that the jet engines can get it flying before it hits the drink.

>And only carries 28 helicopters.

7 helicopters not 28s. Heli carrier is good.

its as long as an Arizona class.... I don't think you need to worry about its "helicopter" capacity.

lmao catapults? they're going to throw rocks at enemy ships?

Nimitz rather... muh bad.

>Isn't that what all our Islands dotted over the globe allows?
No, it doesn't. You're using shitty helicopters and balloons.

Seriously.

India won't buy the Russian carrier.

India will likely get EMALS from the US and build it using their own nuclear reactor based on their nuclear sub.

indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/indian-navy-initiates-steps-to-acquire-predator-b-guardian-emals-2947690/

Vertical Carrier Unmanned Naval Tactical Jets.... can Sup Forums stop leaking our triple top secret ultra jet black classified programs???

It's a cable embedded in the flight deck. There's tons of videos, im just lazy and on my mobile. Your version is more entertaining anyway ("load the cow into the catapult").

What's that?

Sorry, meant for

I want Japan to be able to have a proper military again.

Come on murka I think they've learned their lesson by now

This pretty much. It's to extend their power locally. Their navy ships are already sinking fishing boats that cross territorial lines that only China acknowledge. I think it's based on some document they drew up after ww2

As you can see on the image, their claim reaches far into other countries backyards.

They basically want the oil and fishing rights that would normally fall to their neighbor countries according to international law.

I see you're building them here in Australia too.

I hate the
>muh constitution
WE'RE THE LAUGHING STOCK MILITARY IN THE PACIFIC
CMON ABE, PLEASE PASS IT ALREADY

Save your nation by your own.
Australia bets both of China and America.

be one's own fault have brought it.
Australia should do that

It would be a good way to boost your economy and it'll give young people a job that doesn't involve sitting in an office for the next 60 years

If it can't launch diseased carcasses its not a catapult!

I kinda meant for the larger fixed wings, as for radar optics we have pic related.

Don't get me wrong though our military is pretty shit as we rely to heavily on trident.

>trident

that shit from the 70s?

Indian navy reporting

DELET THIS

There's a Chinese at my work

First thing I'm doing if we go to war with China is offering her some Starbucks, then when she lets her guard down

Stab her in the neck

Fuck
>muh communist party
>muh wall
>muh Dragons
>muh fireworks
>muh jade everything

Hillary will congratulate china.

The first Trident armed patrol took play in 1996, and their MIRVs.....

Its like laughing at some sword wielding jihadi whilst he charges at you because "that shits from the middle ages"!

They still work.

>The Chinese are dumb as fuck

Yeah, claiming the SC Sea for themselves, stealing all your burger tech, making the fastest supercomputer and taking the lead in genetic modification without giving a single fuck about (((ethics))) is most definitely the traits of a nation of dumb fucks.

why not a catapult AND ramp?

please email me nobel peace prize

6 spruce geeses per cycle

I was confusing it with this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trident_nuclear_programme

A top secret bomber that operates on an exotic propulsion technology

Oh shit, I've finally figured out why midgets walk like they're in a hurry, and it's surprisingly simple: they are in a hurry! To cover the same ground with their tiny feet they have to move them very quickly so if they want to move with normal human walking speed they have to almost run. This midget could have leisurely walked to the stage at his normal (slow) pace, but to the audience which is used to normal speed this would look like the fucking gnome was taking his sweet time.

To think that poor stubs have to scamper like this all because of our subconscious notion of normal walking speed, oh horror.

lel

Austrian Navy reporting in!

Doesn't work. Catapult would fling plane into bottom of ramp, plane would crumple.

you got your first carrier, that is a complete gamechanger, and it is made of 3000 folden nippon steel! wht with your teleport behind you technology, and lolis, you are now a mighty force, hokage

>>If it can't launch diseased carcasses its not a catapult!
funny name for yanks

I can't wait to see Japan re-militarize

I bet you'll have 100+ nukes built within 1 year with all that plutonium sitting around

what a waste of a starcucks

make the ctatpult go up the ramp, sheeesh, you gais

Photoshop look at the yellow bridge crane

Don't forget the diesel.
At least they can bargain with fishers for fuel when they run out in the middle of the sith China Sea.

>2016

>Diesel powered carrier

what?

How will they power their rail guns?

oh wait

Damn! A fierce one, you are.

Touché.

>as for radar optics we have pic related.
No you don't AEWC are for battlespace management of air power, the type 40s are for fleet defense and missile guidance. They're for completely different purposes.

The role that the US and France us AEWCs for you are using shitty helicopters and balloons