Spider-Man 3: The Lost Cut

ITT: We Attempt To Find Missing Photos/Video Of The Cut (Good) Version of Spider-Man 3

>The symbiote feeds off its host's life force, but it quickly kills the host because of it. It was drawn to Peter precisely because Peter is superhuman and a constant source of energy.

>In the original ending, Venom would never pull back his face, and when Peter finally disrupts it with sound and pulls Eddie out, Eddie has already been reduced to a charred skeleton that was essentially being used as a meat puppet by the symbiote. The "never wound what you can't kill" is the symbiote talking to Peter.

>The symbiote would then try to bond with Peter again, but Peter manages to set off the bomb and crawl to safety.

>Test-audiences thought it was too dark, so they reworked it as Eddie still being alive and dying by his own hand trying to catch the bomb.

>They also changed Sandman's original ending where he ambushes Spider-Man again at the construction site and then Captain Stacy shows up with Sandman's ex-wife and daughter, and they tell Sandman the little girl's condition has become terminal and there's no way to cure her anymore. Sandman realizes there's no point in fighting anymore, Spider-Man forgives him, and Captain Stacy lets Sandman leave to spend his daughter's last days by her side.

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/What_If?_Vol_2_114
youtube.com/watch?v=NWGdH7iCXYY&index=1&list=PLRtfj2RV2v3yyUAX5EOtBqfyeyF3HHIo1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Old Thread: >>They also changed Sandman's original ending where he ambushes Spider-Man again at the construction site and then Captain Stacy shows up with Sandman's ex-wife and daughter, and they tell Sandman the little girl's condition has become terminal and there's no way to cure her anymore. Sandman realizes there's no point in fighting anymore, Spider-Man forgives him, and Captain Stacy lets Sandman leave to spend his daughter's last days by her side.

>Here's the Sandman scene. Notice his wife and daughter in the background.

>The symbiote trying to bond back with Peter.

MJ pleading Harry for his help.

>The original meeting between Venom and Sandman.

>Sandman is watching his daughter from afar in the park, and becomes a huge sandcastle so she doesn't spot him. After her and the mother leaves, Brock emerges from the shadows and convinces Sandman to help him.

>Eddie has already been reduced to a charred skeleton that was essentially being used as a meat puppet by the symbiote

Eddie Skull Prop

I read the novelisation of the film way back before it was released and I distinctly remember the whole Eddie actually being a skeleton inside the symbiote bit.

That sounds really stupid.

Mentioned this in the last thread, but flipping through the novelization back when the film was released, they had a whole segment of Brock gleaning Peter's memories from the Symbiote and using it to stalk MJ and standing over her bed watching her sleep at one point, before snatching her in the taxi cab shown in the movie.

>They also changed Sandman's original ending where he ambushes Spider-Man again at the construction site and then Captain Stacy shows up with Sandman's ex-wife and daughter, and they tell Sandman the little girl's condition has become terminal and there's no way to cure her anymore. Sandman realizes there's no point in fighting anymore, Spider-Man forgives him, and Captain Stacy lets Sandman leave to spend his daughter's last days by her side.

this is infinitely better than "turns into a cloud and floats away"

Nowhere near as stupid than what we were left with.

>They could of easily set up the sinister six by the sixth film
>Instead we get twink venom and a dead franchise

DUUUUUST IN THE WIIIIND

> Eddie is a skeleton
Damn, that would've spooked me as a kid in 2007. What is it with capeshit and weird deaths?

I'm pretty sure that Sandman ending happened in the PS2 game...

>>>In the original ending, Venom would never pull back his face, and when Peter finally disrupts it with sound and pulls Eddie out, Eddie has already been reduced to a charred skeleton that was essentially being used as a meat puppet by the symbiote. The "never wound what you can't kill" is the symbiote talking to Peter.
thats actually fucking terrifying holy shit

That's interesting, so despite his hate for Venom Raimi was actually trying. I'm gonna guess the producers wanted him to make Venom more kids-friendly? Or maybe Grace forced them to show his face some more

But anyway, if I'm not mistaken Venom's origins were also going to be different, they wanted to do something similar to TAS with the symbiote coming to Earth on a space shuttle piloted by Jameson Jr that crash lands in NY. The idea was supposedly scrapped for budget reasons

>as a kid
>in 2007

Not that user, but dude, 9 years ago I was 12

I think one of the tie-in comics also had shit like that.

>Spider-Man 3 was worst film in the Raimiverse
>while these changes wouldn't have saved the filmed they would have made it a little better
Is it just me or does the Raimiverse consistently do things right then ruin them?

Something like this.

Movie version was better.

He doesn't hate venom, he just stopped reading spidey comics long before his introduction and didn't want to use him because he didn't know anything about him
I have no idea where this "Raimi hates venom" shit came from

Absolutely spooked

Because he said in an interview he didn't care for Venom because he "lacked humanity".

What's with that cord?

I like the take on the green goblin in spiderman 1, it made sense for what they were going for. It honestly just needed some purple rags to be perfect. Not everything has to be a copy paste of it's comic book counter part. I feel like there needs to be a balance between the comic madness and live action setting. It helps give these adaptations their own identity.

>2007 was 9 years ago
Nigga I would have been 10.

Around what point did he jump off? He completely butchered MJ, but still left in things like the Harry relationship and the fucked up family for some reason. I want to know how they managed to fuck MJ up so badly. I could somewhat understand skipping straight to the sexy as fuck redhead, but she was handled terribly.

I know hyper realism is bad, but it always took me out of it that the military would be interested at all in a suit and helmet like that.

I could understand the suit, but the helmet was fucking nuts.

The suit was just a prototype design, but I always assumed the mask actually belonged to or was made by Norman seeing as how we don't see the tester wearing the mask in the beginning of the movie.

This. The mask came from Norman's private collection of spooky tribal masks.

sauce?

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/What_If?_Vol_2_114

So we all agree Spiderman 3 SHOULD have been fantastic and a great addition to the trilogy but got fucked over by movie execs and producers being cunts?

AND we didn't get Bruce Campbell mysterio because of it too

All deleted scenes. Some relevant stuff, some not so much.

>Peter spots Harry after MJ's play and tries to talk with him, to clear things up. Harry considers it, but then sees Norman's reflection in his car's window, telling him not to listen to Peter.

>At Osborn Manor, Harry's butler Bernard offers him a glass of milk. Harry lashes out and smashes the glass on the floor. He lowers his head for a moment and, when he looks up, Bernard, the broken glass and the spilled milk are all gone.

>Harry hallucinates that Norman's ghost is in the room with him, urging Harry to become the Green Goblin and avenge him. Harry points out that his father is a murderer and hurt innocent people, but Norman claims he was only defending himself. He convinces Harry he was right and hugs Harry before vanishing.

>After crash-landing on Earth, the symbiote senses Peter's power and attaches itself to his shoe rather than his moped.

>While visiting Aunt May, Peter tries to play the piano, but he's horrible. Aunt May mentions the lessons she gave him didn't work.

>The Quantum Particles Generator where Flint Marko hides belongs to Quest Aerospace, the company the Green Goblin attacked three years prior. After one of the scientists points out that there's a change in the silicon mass and the other mentions it's probably just a bird, one of the scientists comments the experiment is their last-ditch attempt to save the company, and they can't afford to abort it. After the experiment, the police tells the scientists Marko was there. One of the scientists claims that Marko couldn't have survived.

>MJ scrapes the black goo off of Peter's shoe, but it crawls back into Peter's apartment. Peter notices the shadows "moving" in several moments, but assumes it's his imagination.

>Peter tries visiting Harry at OsCorp, but a snotty receptionist won't let him in.

>MJ runs into Ursula, the landlord's daughter, after Peter leaves to save Gwen, and Ursula mentions that she works at the jazz bar, and they're looking for singing waitresses.

>After the crane tears through the building, Gwen is left holding a phone line. She hears a radio host saying that, if she can the last two songs of the the band Two for Tuesday, she'll win a trip. Gwen cries "Help! I can't hold on". It turns out the last two songs are "Help" and "I Can't Hold On", and the host tells Gwen that she won before the line is cut.

>When Eddie Brock mentions to Captain Stacy that he's Gwen's boyfriend, Captain Stacy says Gwen never mentioned him, and Brock is stung.

>After Peter saves Gwen, he protects the crowd from debris before the police cuts the power. After swinging away from Brock, Peter checks himself and wonders if he really has gotten chunky.

>At the ceremony, Peter sees a little kid playing with toy web-shooters and shoots some webbing at the boy, letting him know he's Spider-Man. The little boy tells his mother that he met Spider-Man and points at Peter's direction, but Peter is surrounded by people dressed as Spider-Man, and the mother ignores the boy's claims.

>Spider-Man saves a baby during the sandstorm.

>After robbing the armored truck, Marko sneaks into the office of a molecular biologist, Dr. Phil Wallace, the foremost expert in Penny's condition. Marko wrote several letters to him in prison, sent him money, but it wasn't enough. Marko gives Wallace the money he stole, to fund his search for a cure, but Wallace is hesitant to take it until Marko coerces him into doing so. Wallace says it won't be enough, and Marko leaves to steal more money.

>The black suit sticks to Peter the first time he tries to remove it, but reshapes itself into a regular costume afterwards, because the symbiote knows Peter will be back.

>Peter unmasks himself after his second fight with the Sandman and tells him he's Ben Parker's nephew.

>Peter's rant to the landlord is much harsher, with him pointing out how terrible the apartment is.

>Peter looks himself in the mirror and sees a brief flash of Venom.

>Peter's gives Aunt May a much more detailed account of how Spider-Man "killed" Sandman, enjoying the moment.

>Harry regains his memories before MJ visits him, but he stands up to Norman, claiming that, after he kills Peter, Norman will force him to kill MJ, and then all the others who have wronged Norman, and Harry will never be free. Norman vanishes.

>After Harry kisses MJ and she storms off, Harry begs her to stay, because he knows what will happen once he's alone, but she doesn't understand what he's saying and leaves. Heartbroken, Harry is once again vulnerable to Norman.

>After Jameson fires Brock, his blood pressure gets higher, and Betty brings him the "Chimes of Serenity" to calm him down. It's almost working, when Hoffman bursts in, tells Jameson he ran the marketing campaign Jameson told him not to, and they lost money because of it. Jameson gets pissed, smashes the chimes to bits and tells Betty that NOW he feels better.

>After being fired, Brock goes to Gwen's house to ask her out, but she tells him she doesn't want to see him again after he tried to frame Spider-Man, and they only had one date. Brock tells her that she told him she loved him, but she says she didn't. Brock tries to force himself in, so Captain Stacy steps out and threatens to have Brock arrested if he doesn't leave. Brock desperately tries to come off as friendly, but is humiliated and hurt, and agrees to leave. Spiraling out of control, Brock acts as if Gwen invited him to dinner later that day and prances along the curb, deranged.

>Peter asking Gwen out at college.

>After Peter hits MJ, she figures out the black suit is warping his mind.

>Brock's rant at the church is longer.

>Peter goes back to the church to destroy the symbiote, but doesn't find it.

>Brock uses Peter's memories, which were imprinted on the symbiote, to stalk MJ, even breaking into her apartment to watch her sleep.

>Penny is in the park with her mother when she notices a massive sandcastle. She looks away, and, when she turns back, the castle is gone. It's Marko watching over her. Brock emerges from behind a tree and tells Marko that he has a beautiful family, and that Spider-Man stole his chance of having one of his own. Brock then offers an alliance, and Marko agrees.

>At the webbed-up taxi, MJ complains about being kidnapped again.

>After Harry refuses to help Peter and Bernard tells him everything, Bernard vanishes as well, and Harry realizes Bernard was another hallucination all along.

>When he lands at the taxi, Peter apologizes for hitting MJ, and she laughs, telling him that's not important at the moment.

>When the TV reporter says "This could be the end of Spider-Man", it's shown the TV is on at the empty Osborn Manor, and the window is open.

What is that gif from?

>Harry briefly fights Venom while Spider-Man is dealing with the Sandman.

>While beating a webbed-up Peter, Venom pulls back to reveal that Brock is charred skeleton. It's the symbiote that says "Never would what you can't kill". He's merely using Brock as a puppet to get revenge against Peter.

>Sandman attacks Peter once again, but is interrupted by Dr. Wallace, Penny and her mother. Dr. Wallace claims Penny's condition is too critical, and she can't be cured anymore. Penny asks Marko to spend her last days by her side. Sandman apologizes to Peter for killing Uncle Ben and leaves with his family.

>After Peter separates the symbiote from Brock's skeleton, the symbiote tries to bond with him again before he detonates the pumpkin bomb and swings away.

>After Peter and MJ dance at the jazz bar, he invites her for a "walk", and swings with her through Manhattan's night sky.

X-men 1.

Thanks, user.

>After the crane tears through the building, Gwen is left holding a phone line. She hears a radio host saying that, if she can the last two songs of the the band Two for Tuesday, she'll win a trip. Gwen cries "Help! I can't hold on". It turns out the last two songs are "Help" and "I Can't Hold On", and the host tells Gwen that she won before the line is cut
oh my god

>After the crane tears through the building, Gwen is left holding a phone line. She hears a radio host saying that, if she can the last two songs of the the band Two for Tuesday, she'll win a trip. Gwen cries "Help! I can't hold on". It turns out the last two songs are "Help" and "I Can't Hold On", and the host tells Gwen that she won before the line is cut

kek

>>After Harry refuses to help Peter and Bernard tells him everything, Bernard vanishes as well, and Harry realizes Bernard was another hallucination all along.

God that makes so much more sense and always pissed me off about the movie. Damn butler knew Norman was the Goblin and knew the glider was what killed him. If that dude was real he should have been the one who got killed by Harry for holding onto that info and for keeping it for so long to watch this destructive path that Harry was set on until Bernard FINALLY tells him.

I was 13 in 2007 user, so yeah I was a kid when I saw this, too.

>>Peter tries visiting Harry at OsCorp, but a snotty receptionist won't let him in.

Bruce Campbell cameo right there.

>>After robbing the armored truck, Marko sneaks into the office of a molecular biologist, Dr. Phil Wallace, the foremost expert in Penny's condition. Marko wrote several letters to him in prison, sent him money, but it wasn't enough. Marko gives Wallace the money he stole, to fund his search for a cure, but Wallace is hesitant to take it until Marko coerces him into doing so. Wallace says it won't be enough, and Marko leaves to steal more money.

That would've been good. I remember thinking how they barely mentioned the girl after he visits her.

>2007
>be 18 years old

Shoulda just pulled an Ultimate Spider-Man.

Have the serum warp Norman, then instead of killing him off, Normal loses his Goblin craziness and becomes Iron Patriot. Then pull a mean green Gobbo from an alternate reality.

>>After the crane tears through the building, Gwen is left holding a phone line. She hears a radio host saying that, if she can the last two songs of the the band Two for Tuesday, she'll win a trip. Gwen cries "Help! I can't hold on". It turns out the last two songs are "Help" and "I Can't Hold On", and the host tells Gwen that she won before the line is cut.

I can't tell if this is funny or stupid.

>Shoulda just pulled an Ultimate Spider-Man.

Well, I can't understand skipping straight to the sexy redhead but casting decidedly not-sexy-redhead Kirsten Dunst in the role.

From a marketing standpoint, the choice made sense. Remember that in the late 90's/early 00's Kirsten Dunst was one of the biggest and most popular stars (particularly among young people). While I'll grant you that she's not a good fit for Mary Jane Watson AT ALL, from the viewpoint of a studio executive who wants to get people in the theater, it makes sense.

They wrote and directed her like Gwen

That's camp for ya

Did anyone else realize the ending of the movie implies that Sandman will probably keep robbing banks to cure his daughter's condition, and Spider-man will probably turn a blind eye to this

I was 16 in 2007. It's been a long ride user...

I was underage on this site back then, too. So much has changed...

Don't forget the spooky as shit old Venom design

(which you can still see briefly in the movie during the news footage when he attacks the swat team)

I didn't realize this until a rewatch about a year ago, but the green suit actually has a purple tint around the crest of the helmet and some other parts. Pretty neatly done desu.

I wonder how many alternate costumes for cape films actually get made. This one's really cool, I like the lack of web texture and the Venom symbol on this one

You know what else gets people in the theater? Sexy redheads.

You talking shit about my waifu m8?

>16
>Not a kid

I was 11 years old back when this movie came out so yeah I was a kid in the 6th grade. I remember my parents letting me skip school to go watch this on the opening day.

user, just face it... you're old.

probably operates some sort of piston to move the jaw a bit.

Just read the novel, basically all these scenes are in it

Jameson was right.

>Bendis and Bagley
Damn, which someone could storytime this.

Eddie looks so much like Ultimate Eddie Brock

Feels weird seeing Bagley draw the Raimi designs.

Flashing eye effects

I was waiting to be spooked by that in the theater

>Swap out Sandman for Hobgoblin.
>Make Venom what he was supposed to be.

...and yes.

>comic adaptations of movies based on comics

always amuses me

I found some of the deleted scenes.
youtube.com/watch?v=NWGdH7iCXYY&index=1&list=PLRtfj2RV2v3yyUAX5EOtBqfyeyF3HHIo1

I got this packed with the DVD when it came out. Its literally an excerpt from Ultimate Spider-Man Volume 6: Venom, except in the movie setting. 90% of the words are the same considering its mostly all Eddies internal narration, and even some of the art is exactly the same at its core. I was highly disappointed.

I'm 18 user. As a kid, spiderman 3 was supposed to be the movie of the century, amd i got disappointed.
This. Nobody cares that you're an oldfag.

BDH and Dunst should have been swapped. But Dunst's lack of a bra throughout the trilogy did my dick wonders

Dafuq is happening here? He eating?

>Studio execs thought the animatronics were too scary.
Fuck that shit, I would have dug that as a kid.

This. As I pointed out in, only skeletal Eddie is a bit spoopy

do you think we'll ever get the old Venom we know and love back or are we stuck with the symbiote being used to ruin existing characters (Scorpion, Flash, etc. )

Knowing modern marvel, no.

Do we know who the villain of Homecoming is? Because I'd totally watch a movie about Eddie Venom trashing Homecoming like a bad 80s highschool romcom.

Michael Keaton as the Vulture.

With the OG goblin mask I always thought they could have incorporated it very easily and believably by having a scene where they talk about Oscorp line of products, from military to household (implying they have their hands in all kinds of ventures) and then say something about developing a new line of fully articulate Halloween masks.
Maybe even a scene where they say something about this mask being rejected as it is 'too disturbing'.

Is that even confirmed or is it just implied by the fans

This.

>Eddie Venom trashing Homecoming like a bad 80s highschool romcom.

and acting like the angry ex-girlfriend of Peter.

That's great.

I was 17 in 2007. And people are like
>I WAS 9

Oh god... I'm posting with kids.

The plot was either leaked or people just making shit up, either way, Keaton as Vulture has been taken as gospel for awhile now (I think it's probably true.)
The basic plot being Peter trying to get to homecoming but the Vulture tries to stop him, seems simplistic as shit, but I think its a cool way to start out with Spider-Man.