Chinese domestic consumption now on par with US

>B-but Chinese people are dirt poor and all we need to do is to stop buying their stuff and their economy will crash!

Well, looks like this wont work anymore. They will soon become the biggest consumers in the world, just as they are already the biggest global middle-class.

washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2018/01/11/the-chinese-are-now-buying-as-much-stuff-as-americans-a-game-changer-for-the-world-economy/?utm_term=.7eedfcf86eb9

How can the West contain them now?

Economically, it is impossible. No amount of sanctions will break an economy that is based on domestic consumption. And energy embargoes doesnt work either since China now effectively control central asia along with Russia, not to mention having Russia as a reliable source of oil, gas and agricultural products.

Only solution: Provoke a war against China.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s4D42vMUSIM
unv.is/politico.eu/article/china-and-the-troika-portugal-foreign-investment-screening-takeovers-europe
geopoliticalfutures.com/china-is-still-really-poor/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capitav
youtube.com/watch?v=i51lXfc2zDw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We had a good 200+ year run but it's over now, it's time to let other countries have their place in the spotlight

Don't go until you finish and release GTA 6 and 7

>inb4 Take Two interactive isn't based in NY and the entire development, marketing and distribution takes place at Rockstar North

Marry a Chinese woman now so your children don’t have to suffer under them.

every empire must fall, my ANCESTORS know something 'bout that.

meanwhile america purposefully killed their commercial and industrial supply chains

Get ready for every piece of media to pander for the chinese even more

This.

It’s evident that we have degraded as a nation and actually become stupid enough as a peoples to put someone like Don Cheeto in our country’s highest office.

youtube.com/watch?v=s4D42vMUSIM

already happening.

if another celebrity wins in your next election i'll consider your run over

consumption driven growth is literally a ponzi scheme of debt

this. chinks will go back to eating dogs and reforming commie death squads once their econ bubble bursts

What bothers me most is that China will start producing worthwhile entertainment in the next decade probably, so I'll have to learn Chinese or relegate myself to irrelevant old man status. I'm already stretched pretty fucking thin with four languages, fuck this.

>How can the West contain them now?

By economical and political integration.

Say yes to the Atlantic Union, the Occidental Federation, the United States of the West.

Be thankful you have more than one unlike me. I am garbage at languages so for you its just like learning to ride a more complicated bicycle after learning how to ride 4 others.

>debt-fueled consumption in the U.S. is not a ponzi scheme but in China it is

>a country with 1.38 billion people is expected to reach retail consumption of a country with 323.1 million people
ok

you are supposed to ahead because it's measured in USD. you guys are richer per capita then they are and have a higher nominal and similar PPP GDP.

Every time I try to read an economic article about China its 'middle-class growing inequality', 'growing corruption', 'housing/construction bubble', 'government owned debt' or 'disproportionate inland development' that will end them

>you guys are richer per capita
which is precisely why we are still ahead despite having less than a fourth of their population. What is your point here?

the objective of their government is to sustain their growth rates and catch up in that aspect, he's saying you could possibly decline and that you should make assessments based on projected figures, as conservative as they can be

S-should I learn chinese.

that you guys are supposed to be ahead in RETAIL consumption given the fact that you guys are richer. the population is irrelevant in the consumption statistic because it's measured in USD value, not in physical quantity of consumption.

I, for one, would like to welcome our new overlords

because that's the truth. their economy is in such shitty condition unless a miracle happens they're fucked

>the population is irrelevant in the consumption statistic because it's measured in USD value
Am I talking to an actual teenager right now? Go back and reread what you just typed
>the objective of their government is to sustain their growth rates and catch up in that aspect
yes
>he's saying you could possibly decline and that you should make assessments based on projected figures
I have no doubt in my mind that these projections are inaccurate. Its just so blatantly obvious that the country with over 4 times the population that is modernizing will eventually reach our retail consumption. Its so obvious in fact that im surprised that people are shocked by this.

I have no doubt in my mind that these projections are accurate* editing error

But we'll always be taller.

Literally how is this even news? I honestly thought they passed us long ago already. They have 20% of the worlds population

people, myself included, tend to still think in terms of the economic competition days, how your dominance is being threatened by China, too much focus on irrelevant issues in the media these days

God help him. At least they're making good use of our resources, because of idiotic Islamists in government, but at a certain point they will default on Chinese debt one too many times and we'll really, really suffer that time. We already admitted 1 million Chinese nationals because of debt conditions, our population is 40 mil and that's quite a lot

Where should we put the capital? I choose Rio.

God help them*, don't know why but was transfixed on Xi Jinping and the annoucements at his party congress while writing this

population is irrelevant to the consumption statistic because it's a measurement of value. the total sales is 5.8 trillion. we are comparing countries, not individuals in OP's article. secondly, on your point of per capita, the US citizen spends 4x as much as a Chinese national. but you also make more then 4 times their PPP per capita GDP. what is telling is that the rate in which the Chinese are consuming and the decline of American consumption, the rates have matched and in the future it's projected that china will surpass america. GDP PPP capita was less then 4k in 2000 and right now slightly above 14k, almost 4x growth in 18 years while retail consumption is up 12x in the same period.

>population is irrelevant to the consumption statistic because it's a measurement of value
>we are comparing countries, not individuals in OP's article
Im not even comparing individuals here. Im saying that this literally isnt news because it is guaranteed that the chinese are going to pass us in this regard because of their population. China is a massive country that is still modernizing so it has far more room to grow than America or anyone else in the world so posting growth rates is misleading at best. China is destined to overtake the US in most major economic metrics for the same reason that the US is higher than every european country. So tell me again why you are in any way surprised that this happened? Im honestly wondering why it didnt happen sooner.

GTA is British your spastic
>200 years
You were only relevent post ww2

I know I posted this

Actually China is one of the world leaders in genetic research.

Yes but China has 1 billion people more than usa, no ?

China already controls the EU
unv.is/politico.eu/article/china-and-the-troika-portugal-foreign-investment-screening-takeovers-europe
there's no fighting them any more, just accept them as your overlords and hope China will be generous

That’s what gets the clicks.

When does good news about your rival get clicks?

>China
>more powerful than EU

AYYYY LMAO

Good desu they hated the new star wars, I actually want to see attractive characters in films and video games.

South Sudan? The government after making their lives absolute hell since the 50's is enjoying every massacre, sending arms to the opposing group (Riak Machir), publishing every negative detail daily on their 'owned' newspapers. They're psychotic and savage

*vetoes*

>When does good news about your rival get clicks?

Why do Americans see China as a rival? Over here all the news about China is about pandas or business men salivating about business opportunities in China or them investing monies here. So China is seen in a pretty positive light.

Rare pepe

I did not think that China could overtake the US in retail sales while being 4x poorer per capita then the united states. given the savings rate in comparison, 46% vs 18%, i figured China would not be able to easily switch into a consumer economy this quickly while maintaining such a high savings rate.

FUCKING COMMIES

It was during Hollande le Soft era. Macron is now in da place.

ANY DAY NOW

well at least it will make companies close their diversity departments

>Starting an unprovoked war against a major economic partner

brainlet

*kowtows*

They're slowly investing in and buying up you and your German masters economic protectorates.

Not take that per capita
Hmm, lets see shall we?
Also, what about those rural areas where people still live like in the dark ages?

It's already over

>your German masters

Love this meme from nowhere

why didn't the US nuke every non-western region while they were still in charge?

>muh macron
he won't change the rules, his attempt at screening chinese investment will fail
China has already bought out Southern and Eastern Europe and president mircron will just get vetoed if he ever tries to go against Chinese interests

Yeah. Few people publish good news about China.
It doesn’t get clicks.

Americans are always scared of any perceived challenger.

Macron wants to make the world great again with China. =]

Drumpf hasn’t put one tariff on China yet. Even he is not that retarded

So countries who don't fallow EU policy will simply leave this union,bastards traitors.

>hurdur a developing country should be a developed country
What is the point of this shitpost?

>dark ages
What the fuck are you talking about? China isn’t India.

>the EU should just be France and Germany
nice union you have there friendo

And Holland and Belgium, Danemark also

Also good, means western companies will make less consoleshit, cinematic games and walking simulators.

You only became relevant in the 20th century

>Got my rich Chinese gf

Winning!

>What bothers me most is that China will start producing worthwhile entertainment in the next decade probably, so I'll have to learn Chinese or relegate myself to irrelevant old man status. I'm already stretched pretty fucking thin with four languages, fuck this.
not necessarily
the relative lack of creative freedom and constant need for CCP arse-kissing means that their film industry is dominated by awful summer blockbuster attempts, usually shitty nationalistic/CCP-friendly war movies. they rely on hong kong and taiwan for actual sinokino

>t. chink expat living in the US
Yes, once you leave the rich places like Shanghai, it's a shithole
geopoliticalfutures.com/china-is-still-really-poor/

Except that China’s movie market now has numerous blockbusters and over 60% marketshare.

Compare that to France or Germany where the US controls 75% of their market.

You being ignorant about China != China

American election cycle basically comes across as one big reality show so I guess it's not surprising that Trumpy won and Oprah could be his challenger in 2020.

Fuck off you nonce. I could be anyone on this planet and it wouldn’t change the facts.

>china is really poor
According to a fucking shitpost article written on a blog? China is richer per capita than the global average. That is not “really poor” by any definition except a retard’s.

I hope youre not the guy who posted the thread of her sleeping in the other room, and everyone suggesting you cum on her

Fucking finally. Now hopefully we'll focus more on our own endless list of problems rather than playing world police.

>I could be anyone on this planet and it wouldn’t change the facts
Stop denying your race chink
>China is richer per capita than the global average
It's 74th in GDP per capita, which is lower than other shitholes like Brazil and Mexico
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capitav
Stay mad chinky

That's disgusting. No I'm not.

And more multiplayer lootboxy farm hell. A real "improvement" there. I'd take walking sims.

i for one welcome our chinese overlords

cunt i mentioned they have blockbusters, i never said they didn't have a *big* film industry. big industry doesn't equal good movies
he referred to the having worthwhile films to watch, and i pointed out that chinese films are well financed but ultimately shit
get off your sinoboo high horse and actually read posts, the quality of prc movies is awful considering it's investment and size, especially when you compare it to nearby countries.

Fuck yourself Mohammed

>74th
Out of 194 countries. Not what you claimed you absolute faggot.

Shan't ever learn Chinese

The Chinese will adapt to English or fail, simple as

woah...

F

R A R E
A
R
E

DAD
A
D

that's why france is trying to ally with them now

SON
O
N

mentioned

hello son who are you :DDDD

Which is ranked lower than the global average which is $10133 at 61st place
Dumb chink

This is a little bit misleading lad. You have to consider that China is literally 4.2 times bigger than the US in terms of population. That means that Chineese people are spending less than a quarter on retail goods than what an American would spend on average.

I'm not saying that this isn't significant. I'm just saying that when you're looking at data like this then it's pointless to just look at one set of numbers without looking at the bigger picture. You need context to really say anything meaningful.

It's like when economists point to the unemployment rate in a given country/area and say that it's really important. That statment on it's own is bullshit, because to really understand what the unemployment rate means you have to understand things like the workforce participation rate, underemployment, average wages, and the a half-dozen other things.

Like take here in the US for example, the unemployment rate has gone down. That's good right? Well, not nessarily. The workforce participation rate has gone down in recent years too, meaning that less people are actually working even though the unemployment rate is lower. Is that a bad thing? It's hard to say that either, to make a statment on that you have to look at things like household sizes and cost of living and a million other things.

Looking at these things is kind of like looking through a keyhole into another room. You won't see everything that's going on if you just take a peek, you have to move around so that you can see the whole room and then you have to put everything you saw together in your head to get the full picture.

Does that make sense?

this

>he posted a serious reply on Sup Forums

saved

youtube.com/watch?v=i51lXfc2zDw

Just pillage Africa, South America, SEA Asia and the Middle East while not investing a cent in your own nations.

That worked for so long, should continue working right?

Thank you based Marx

Good point, but I tend to have better luck actually discussing things here than on Sup Forums beleive it or not. That being said you could ask me why I'm trying here and not on and I wouldn't be able to give you a satisfactory awnser.