ITT: Movies you liked when you were a kid and later on found out everyone hated them

Post them

Other urls found in this thread:

scholarworks.gsu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1121&context=eps_diss
youtube.com/watch?v=glDGAo9SIqs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because it was libshit propaganda by (((them)))

It's just Romeo and Juliet

Rocky v

how

He's gonna say because boy lion has dark brown fur and girl lion has light blonde fur that it's a BLACKED flick. He's shitposting.

The lost world Jurassic park

I legit don't get the hate. I get Vince vaughns character was pretty pointless, it doesn't follow the book beyond the premise of an island and Malcolm being back, but it's legit well made, the music is grand, Pete steals the show, and I still liked the Rex rampage (it was a fun little homage to Godzilla and the original lost world film)

I get it doesn't match up to the freshness of 1, but it's on a technical level well above most blockbusters made today (like the last Jurassic movie).

Also it's probably the last enjoyable Spielberg directed adventure movie before he went all "im a serious director now" (he only produced tin tin iirc)

The Lion King More Than 2: Simba's Pride Parade

All the Star Wars prequels.

The music was fucking great in this. Had an 80's feel to it

Wait people hate this movie!?

literally everyone hates that movie
it's fucking retarded

I completely forgot that movie existed.

Godzilla (1998)

Never saw any of the sequels. but tLK was fantastic. Saw it in theater, and made me want go see more shows.
Pretty sure if a stray dog took a shit on your yard, you'd blame it on (((them)))

My own shit childhood favorite film? Shamelessly Steel, staring the revered character actor, Shaquille O'Neal, in his peek performance as a serious actor.

I watched that this week, it's pretty fun until they force that love shit in the middle
>the dude just forgives the chick at the end for getting him fired and essentially using him

It would've been more dope if it were just a buddy movie with Mr. French and Hank Azeria. I miss when they actually used some paractical effects to destroy buildings

damn, Shaq is a big guy.

This movie was cute.

Will let my kids watch it and I'll probably hate it then.

I was in middle school when this came out. I loved it, and then later learned that it was so terrible it made Connery quit acting forever.

Are you serious?

ooo this is a good one

I still enjoy it desu

I just cringed into next month at the memory of this movie
fuck you

Serious about what? Loving it when it first came out, or apparently being so awful that Connery quit acting forever? Yes to both, but I haven't seen it recently so it probably is very terrible.

It's a fucking legendary classic.

who /valiant/ here?

The turtle club scene was filmed during the 9/11 attacks

Sup Forums is literally turning into tumblr.

what? I always hated this movie even as a kid

not even sorry

I still have this movie on VHS.
It was a simpler time ;_;

IT WAS A RECIPE FOR DISASTER

You seen that picture of his foot? Literally looks like one of those chinese ladies who bind their feet to make them tiny and crushed, except size 20 or some shit.

For you

Oh, they've reached that point already.

I saw this when it came out as a kid and completely forgot everything about it within the week. I still can't remember anything about it other than that I've seen it.

I thought the clones were a good idea

i have this mental image in my head because i was a wee lad when i first heard the title and i thought it was going to be about sidious cloning the entire cast of TPM and making them fistfight the originals
now that I think about it i'm pretty sure the EU did that

The second Jurassic movie.

it was okay

if they were on the opposite side

using clones to do your dirty work is a bad guy trope

same here user, I only just thought of it earlier today.

I still love this movie as an adult. It's got everything.

>Kate Beckinsale in a corset + knee high boots
>Hugh Jackman
>David Wenham as the bumbling sidekick
>unique monster transformations
>Frankenstein, Dracula and Mr Hyde
>just a fun monster hunting movie that doesn't take itself too seriously

I remember this

Not everyone a fan apparently.

The Jedi had Clones and The separatists had Droids.The Droids are emotionless nonsentient soldiers but the Clones are shown repeatedly to experience fear and independent thought

>The Jedi were breeding an army against their will

droids are far more emotional than clones 90% of the time

When I was in elementary school, I was obsessed with this turtle and the dude who would go "turtle turtle" in that stupid voice. I thought it was hilarious, and I stupidly did my oppression of it in front of this snooty "popular" girl. She thought it was funny, and she made me do it for people. It wasn't until she did it a couple times that I realized she was making fun of me not laughing at my turtle impress. :(

my nigga

>does something new, changes the setting from jungle to city
>Danny Glover and Gary Busey
>Predator wastes a shitton of scumbag gangbangers and Feds; met gore quota
>cool new Predator weapons like the staff, bladed disc, and razor-wire net
>memorable lines like "Want some candy?", "Shit happens," and "So you're cutting off my dick and shoving it up my ass!"

I also love how they expand the lore without a bunch of tedious exposition about the "Predator High Council" or what they call their different weapons or whatever. Just a quick glance at their trophy room and an old Flintlock tells you everything you need to know about Predators.

People don't like this?

It was legit pretty good, I thought. It subverts a lot of the story structures you would expect to see in any film, let alone a film for children made by Disney, a company known for formulaic film making.

It actually had some truly nice visuals, and pretty OK characters. Plus, as I recall, the team behind it put in a lot of research to make sure that it would actually look accurate to what dinosaurs were thought to look like (at the time it was made, at least)

EL SCORPIO IS REAAAADYYYYYY

source?

This

The opening is l i t

Lost World is a pretty great adventure film, I always liked the risks Spielberg took with making it a bit more serious while taking a more naturalist view of the park.
I still get nightmares every now and then from the T-Rex camp scene.

Mr. French was the fucking man, at least the annoying actress got a razzie.

Jesus fucking Christ, what the fuck happened to his foot?

That's what a guy who grows up to be 7'+ foot looks like when he spends his formative years wearing shoes that don't fit.

sjw/tumblr backlash when people remembered the wolf girl was mindraped into being the pig's fuck hole

The original X-Men trilogy. Don't know what everyone's so butthurt about.

>sidious cloning the entire cast of TPM and making them fistfight the originals

Kinda like in the Pokemon movie?

As they were doing a second take an assistant ran into the take telling about what just happened.
Dana thought it was an unscripted thing the director randomly added and for 20 minutes he did improve about what he thought was a set up for a joke. They filmed all 20 and only after that did someone stop him and show him.
They started watching just in time for the second town to fall and he did the turtle laugh as it fell.

>scholarworks.gsu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1121&context=eps_diss

Homeward Bound 2

>when you were a kid

How could anyone hate this?

youtube.com/watch?v=glDGAo9SIqs

>or 20 minutes he did improve about what he thought was a set up for a joke

That was pretty shit though.
>group of lionesses who for some reason liked Scar's rule even though everyone was miserable and starving
>unsurprisingly they were never seen anywhere in the original movie
>Simba is an asshole with his "We are not them, they are not us" faggotry
>incredibly cliche bad boy meets good girl love story

yers

literally who hates this?

I don't care what anyone says, I love everything about this movie. Yes even Rob Schneider.

literally every single spy kids movie

your post directed me to that guy's post and gave me the exact same feeling
so fuck you too

Had you said Ep 1 I would have agreed, but even back then I knew Ep 2 was utter shit.

I forced my whole family to go watch spy kids 3 and hoodwinked in the theater

This movie was literally equivalent to an autist taking a shit and smearing it on the walls of his 3rd grade auditorium while blasting "EVERYBODY DANCE NOW" in the background

Came here to post this. I feel it has been somewhat vindicated by history.

that was a little too specific...

What about the opposite? I hated Daria as a kid and forgot about it. Years later it came up in a conversation where I proceeded to call it shit. Everyone jumped on me for having shit taste. It was a humiliating experience.

goat art direction

I still want to fug natalie portman even now though. But the rest of the entire series was shit I agree.

still the best vidya movie ever

this movie is fan-fucking-tastic
you are a man of taste and you're welcome in my home

even as a kid I knew this movie was shit the moment Tom and Jerry started talking

I hate Disney movies from that time, but this one was actually fine. Not great, but theres no reason to hate it.

christ lad

I tell you what, it seem like I am the only human being absolutely loving this movie, it's so fucking fulfilling to watch. I know the beach scene dialogue by heart.
it has that poetic charm and beautiful legend story telling I cant find in other movies.
I can't give two shits if the thing is not faithful to the original poem
but it makes my dick rock hard

this movie got me into cosmic horror, I was so young when it came out and had no idea what the fuck was going on but I loved it

This is good

>PG-13