What went wrong? Why aren't there Gravity Falls threads anymore?

What went wrong? Why aren't there Gravity Falls threads anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tww2PhIJuB4
moringmark.tumblr.com/post/129710996548
moringmark.tumblr.com/post/130060234418
moringmark.tumblr.com/post/130879592038
pastebin.com/mxicpd40
pre10.deviantart.net/81fe/th/pre/f/2014/307/6/c/stae_by_demitasse_lover-d85568u.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The show is over and people didn't like the ending.

Maybe because the fandom isn't as cancerous as I once thought. They seem to understand that when a show ends, they should move on.

Wanderfags should take note.

Season 2B disappointed us so much we just don't have any heart in us to talk about the show

Doesn't help that Mabel in retrospect is a huge bitch. Even the waifufags for her diminished.

>always found Mabel to be a huge bitch
>hoping that she'd get better
>never did except for that one Dipper possessed episode

I fucking hated her.

This is the truth. Alex overestimated himself, cut a season out and left season two to be rotten, unfinished trash.

Why is that? The ending was surprisingly fitting, if bittersweet. And ruled out the season 3. It didn't stretch it's run unnecessarily, like many shows do. Just had the balls to tell the story and got done with it.

Because most of the people in /gfg/ hated the show

To be honest season 1 was half Deeper Chasing Wendy. Season 2 went back to the mysteries but wasn't as developed as it needed. Also yes, hiatus.

But the series wasn't bad anyway.

This. I don't even think about the show anymore. The ending really was garbage and has ultimately sullied the show's legacy.

A lot of the "community" was built upon trying to unravel the show. Then it turned out that there was only really one mystery to solve and it was revealed halfway through season 2. After the finale, people realized that they were reading too far into the show.

The show's over, that's why. Move on.

It was hastily cobbled together and badly written with numerous questions unanswered, plotholes glore, and way too many OOC moments.

Alot of people in /gfg/ didn't even watch the show

I propose a new method of categorizing "Gravity Falls" episodes into different seasons.

This alternate method will better define the split between the two halves of Season 2 (as well as make an informal demarcation in the decline in quality in the latter part of the season)

The list of episodes here go by original production order.

Season 1
>Stays the same. 20 episodes.

Season 2A --> Season 2
>Into the Bunker
>The Golf War
>Scaryoke
>Soos and the Real Girl
>Sock Opera
>Little Gift Shop of Horrors
>Society of the Blind Eye
>Blendin's Game
>The Love God
>Not What He Seems

First 10 episodes of S2. "NWHS", instead of the midseason finale, is made the season finale here (which it quite obviously feels like).

Season 2B --> Season 3
>Northwest Mansion Noir
>Dungeons, Dragons, and More Dungeons
>The Stanchurian Candidate
>A Tale of Two Stans
>Roadside Attraction
>Dipper and Mabel vs. The Future
>The Last Mabelcorn
>The Weirdmageddon Trilogy

What was very likely meant to be Season 3 at first is rushed into the 10 episodes shown here at the end of Season 2.

The original plan for the show was to have 3 seasons, one for each month. With this method of counting episodes, the episodes in Season 2 are split into two distinct seasons like the original plan. Awkward, clunky referrals to "Season 2A" or "Season 2B" are also gone completely.

Why nobody likes the gravity fall ending?

>entirely rushed last few episodes
>dropped plot points never to be addressed
>Bill was handled terribly
>Mabel was a huge cunt
I could go on

Because the bad guys won and Bill lost.

i liked it! shit was perfect

I stopped caring about it after shortly after Season 2 aird and just went there out of habit. Those hiatuses and how Alex handled everything fucking killed any interest I had in this cartoon.

Because all the chan loves bill just because he is #illuminati.

GF didn't end on a (small?) cliffhanger though.

The hiatus part way through season 2 made me stop caring and I haven't finished nor felt the urge to finish it since.

That cliffhanger means the show will
return at the summer

>shit characterization (mainly Stan, Pacifica, and Mabel)
>useless Yo Gabba Gabba rejects for henchmen
>blendin blandin "went to get help" but never returned
>meme giant mecha CGI fight that took place in a 1993 Doom WAD
>Pacifica and her family got punished for no reason while literal serial killers like Gideon got off scot free
>Stan regained his memories in 5 nanoseconds
>one big fat stinky status quo in the end
>Alex Sez segments at the end of each episode where he lecures the viewers on not making fun of people's height, using uber instead of drinking and driving, and not to vote republican

JUSTin Roiland your shitty time travel plot ruined the lore of the show!!!

Because the show is over and things that have ended don't get to have constant threads.

Except Homestuck, for some fucking reason.

Yeah that bothered me too. Guess you could just chalk it up as apart of the rushed writing the staff did since no one knew for sure whether or not they would get another season or not.

Because the took it far too seriously for a cartoon ending. They wanted death and the bad guys winning on a disney channel cartoon. Also people were salty their ship didn't happen.

I miss Dipper so much.

>Homestuck
>over
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
we still have to wait for the epilogue and the game
this cancer tumor will continue forever and no one can do anything about it

>waiting for the game
You can still wait for more 12798174832768178249 years.

That image tho

shit is so dark, it picks cotton

There's a lot of disappointment in the show. Illusion that it's going to be something worthwhile is gone.

>Roadside Attraction
>Dipper spends the episode chatting with qt3.14s and getting their phone numbers and email addresses so they can talk more later
>Candy sees Dipper acting like a fucking Alpha and decides to make a pass at him
>all the qts from earlier show up and find out Dipper was planning on emailing all of them
>get mad at him for some raisin
>Dipper ends episode apologizing to Candy
I'm still mad.

What kind of bullshit are you trying to teach boys, Alex? Just because Gendy cucked you doesn't mean you have to make everyone else cucks.

it made no sense that Dipper was so repulsed by Candy to begin with. she shared many of the same interests as him (especially reinforced by that video game) and seemed like the sort of clever companion that would help out with mysteries. instead hes just like REEEEEEEE DONT TOUCH ME I WANT WENDY i mean wtf. are you some sort of racist Alex?

youtube.com/watch?v=tww2PhIJuB4

Jesus OP that image is fucked up

>made some of the best cartoons of all time
>brought Samurai Jack back from the dead
>cucked Alex
How can Gendy be so based, Satan?

how did he cuck Alex

>mfw I'm one of the few who enjoyed it all the way through

I had fun during those 4 years. Hiatus sucked, but I really did enjoy it. Didn't miss a live thread either.

The Juxtaposition between Weirdmageddon and Two Stans is really a fascinating trainwreck.

I thought he was cucked by mccracken

Struggling to be a better person despite circumstances is the best story Gravity Falls had. It's kinda sad.

>I'm still mad.
I'm with Satan on this one.

"oh my god dipper, you have photos of the close friend you watch movies with!? what a creep!"

Not to mention that Darlene is basically daily murdering late-middle aged tourists for the sin of... chatting with a woman?

Moringmark did a better ending for all 3 plots.
moringmark.tumblr.com/post/129710996548
moringmark.tumblr.com/post/130060234418
moringmark.tumblr.com/post/130879592038

>After the finale, people realized that they were reading too far into the show.

I tried to warn those retards that they were setting themselves up for disappointment with their over-speculation.

and now they blame the show for it. fucking lorefags

cause its over?
If you got a topic in mind by all means share, otherwise all we can do is shitpost and get b&

Mysteries aside, they fucked up a lot with characterization and S2B was just plain not funny.

They need to hire that man or women if they ever make a comic for it.

Holy shit I love all 3 of these.

>tfw I started watching it when it first aired for about 6 episodes, got sidetracked, and forgot it existed until S2 was finished

>watched the entire series in one sitting and didn't have to deal with the hiatus

Feels good man. The only real "Down"side is that I didn't get to experience new episodes with Sup Forums, but I have the sneaking suspicion that there's a lot of overlap between the GF and SU fanbases, so maybe that's for the best. The SU "discussion" is putrid garbage.

I think Stan was a little weird in Weirdmaggedon 3 and 4. Other than that it seemed fine.

pastebin.com/mxicpd40

Here you go some user made a pastebin with all the live threads around the time the finale aired as a thank you to all the people who made fanart and the generals.

Is Dipper smiling in this pic? I can't tell.

pre10.deviantart.net/81fe/th/pre/f/2014/307/6/c/stae_by_demitasse_lover-d85568u.jpg

You're right. I was mistaken because I was watching Samurai Jack previews earlier.

He didn't actually say he was getting help, just that he was leaving. But otherwise, yeah, his inclusion ultimately added nothing and taking him out or removing him entirely feels like it would've done little to change the outcome.

I feel like the 2nd one is still flirt-shaming Dipper. Why should he feel bad for flirting with multiple girls? No really, tell me why. Mabel can flirt with multiple species of boys and everyone just cheers "YOU GO GRRRL" but Dipper tries to explore his sexuality (in the most G-rated way possible) and he's slapped down for not being 100% monogamous to a preteen he's just met?

THIS IS WHY NICE GUYS ARE SO PROLIFIC. WHAT HAS MEDIA DONE TO US.

>taking him out or replacing him entirely

Goddammit I can't fucking function today.

It was an effective way to establish the peril everyone was facing. To say "not even the cosmic forces holding our timeline together can stand up to Bill".

Blendin wasn't even necessary to make Time Baby show up either though. It makes sense why he might step in during a premature apacolypse and they already established in other areas that he didn't like Bill.

hmm, well.. Homestuck just has 10,000+ pages of content to talk about, plus the epilogue, hiveswap, volume 10, homestuck 2.0 (?), and shipping wars.
to put it simply, Gravity falls has completely ENDED, while homestuck fans have a bit more to look forward to Maybe? HOPEFULLY?

>2nd one is still flirt-shaming Dipper.
True, but it's less cringey than Dipper making a self-effacing apology card.

"Let's have a moral lesson about pickup artists being bad!
...by forcing it through a heart-broken 12 year old trying to make friends!"

Holy fucking shit I'm glad Wendy gave Dipper her hat.

I'm still pissed at Alex. When he should have been making season 3, to properly conclude his show, he already had one foot out the door and was confident it wouldn't go to shit. It went to shit.

I didn't mind the finale, but an extra season is what the show needed to be spaced out well and quality again. I remember the first time I realized some thing was wrong was that godawful Navi joke in the shitty D&D episode.

Gravity Falls threads were actually constantly getting deleted here recently for one thing. But the show is also over so until Journal 3 comes out there is nothing to talk about.

Elsewhere there's not much discussion about the show itself anymore, now a lot of fan art is still coming out along with shipper shit and constant AU shit, so the fandom isn't dead, but what about the show itself is left to say except "Hack, kek Trump, wah Padippica didn't happen, Mabel should have been tortured and killed by being strangled with her own intestines?"

Gotta get back, back to the past

So why was this show such a lightening rod for shipping and AUs when literally none of that was in the show?

the D&D episode was seriously the shittiest episode in the entire series. roadside attraction only gets hate because it rolled back dipper's shipping status with wendy and pacifica. dungeons dungeons and more dungeons just completely fucked up in every way, it wasnt funny, it wasnt entertaining, it wasted weird al and it served as a terrible first "real" episode for ford.

the only one that comes close to it was the mayor campaign episode. thank GOD it was written before trump came a thing because alex the manlet wouldve inserted his garbage liberal views all over it. but it was another piece of shit full of unfunny jokes ("awww man i'm a meme!") and a mostly status quo ending (the mayor was still dead, but an equally irrelevant character took his place).

Dominica was chosen as a contributor to the upcoming Gravity Falls Fanzine Project.

I don't think it was tbe worst but the writers obviously never played D&D.

That's literally every fandom. What are you some kinda normie?

I think maybe a reason why 2B sucked is that right after Not What He Seems, Matt Chapman left and Alex turned his focus more on getting the fuck out of Disney as fast as he could rather than the writing.

The other 4 guys in the room (Rizzo, Rowe, Shion Takeuchi, and Josh Weinstein) had to step up and fend for themselves so they could poop out a conclusion with only rough outlines of the episodes.

>roadside attraction only gets hate because it rolled back dipper's shipping status with wendy and pacifica
Come on now, Wendy maybe but Pacifica had nothing to do with the episode. Also you have no imagination if you can't see any another reason to dislike the episode.

So no one is going to talk about how fucked up OPs image is of implying Wendy's dad raping her?

Time baby showed up, was destroyed mercilessly. The help was got and the help didn't matter.

jesus how didn't i notice this what the fuck

Pretty tame by /gfg/ standards.

Post the animated Mabel golf .gif, YOU know the one.

we have a neutral response to it

I mean this is the Gravity Falls fandom, so incest is a good thing, but rape is a bad thing, so its kinda neutral

By GF standards 2B was pretty bad, but compared to most other shows it was still above average.

>how fucked up OPs image is
The original version had Dan's eyebrows and mouth angled the opposite way, implying parental concern.
OP is the /gfg/ shopped version.

>animated Mabel golf .gif
This is probably the most epic and fucked up art to come from GF fandom. Simon has some amazing skills. Sorry I don't have a webm version saved, this is like 5 minutes long.

Where is the original image

It's dead, let it die.