/doag/

Is Becky the worst Sup Forums character of the 21st century? All answers point to yes!

Other urls found in this thread:

joyceandwalky.com/members/200508octbargein.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200509freeload.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200510pluto.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200511rockthisplace.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200512honorroll.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200601dorothy.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200602flattered.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200603alternate.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200604bedside.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200605arm.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200606exercise.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200607marry.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200608danny.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200609search.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200610molehill.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200611rosenthal.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200612distractions.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200701baldy.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200702leave.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200703ponies.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200704reunion.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200705kids.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200706david.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200707worry.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200708wham.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200709birth.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200710dining.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200711fall.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200712yule.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200801movingon.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200802speedyhitched.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200803fisticuffs.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200804showers.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200805iscanbemarriage.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200806studentteaching.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200807marcie.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200808dropit.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200809vows.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200810fonts.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200811missing.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200812themom.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200901chopper.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200902brockosmodernlife.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200903parents.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200904vendetta.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200905transplant.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200906dead.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200908thedayof.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200909stranded.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200910hiya.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200912voices.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/201001fightfightfight.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/201003flyaway.html
itswalky.com/members/theend.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Becky is the basis of this comic. When she is not in the comic all the other characters should be asking "Where is Becky?"

which is the Better Becky

If you mean to beat the shit out of, then I say both.

But is Becky worse than Carla?

That's a lot of Beck copy, paste and zoom.

Becky is fucking cancer.

The one with black hair from Funky Winkerbean

What the shit Willis? You go to all that fucking trouble of building up the conflict with the Mom and literally have everyone involved fucking bail and bring the arc to an end just like that?

We've had two months of rising action, where's the fucking climax?

apparently it was Becky's unbridled communion sass.

So wait, the spoilers were shit?
Well I shouldn't be surprised.

Who's responsible for this?

She wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that her world literally works to make her life good and the audience is supposed to love her.

God I fucking hate her dumbass clown smile.

So did the parents never question that Becky is living in their daughters dorm now?

Aww, that's so cute...
And then they fuck, right?

Happy dick edit user.

Regarding comments about the time zone:

Well, if it's a 3-hour drive like Joyce's parents said back at the very, very beginning of the comic...

Scenario:
If it's 8 AM, for example, then it would be 11 AM when they get back.

BUT if Becky is stupid and didn't realize they were in a different time zone, they would have to correct her.

Scenario:
In Time Zone A (where they currently are), it's 11 AM, but then they cross the line into Time Zone B. In Time Zone B, it's actually 12 PM.

So it's not unreasonable. It'll be 1 PM in their current time zone, based on the hours that will be spent in the car. But in the time zone they're going to, it'll actually be 2 PM.

We can only assume that she was corrected when we were shown Billie being lazy and presumptuous.

Becky is bad in the same way that Sakura Haruno is bad. I feel like she could be good if the writer wasn't so bad at writing her, but she's still got a huge fanbase of the worst kinds of people, so there's really no need to bother with that.

You see, Becky is the key to everything. We've got to get Becky working...because she's a funnier character than we've had before in this comic.

Wow, what a fucking pointless arc.

Also, what difference does it make what time Becky gets back, if the problem is where she's sleeping tonight?

Because what Willis is best at is distracting from the actual issues.

Yes, spitefully taking communion crackers, such conflict. I'm sure to Willis and his apologists, this arc concluded successfully.

posted

t. tumblr user

Mary is a good Christian girl, so not until their wedding night. And, despite what the Catholics think, oral and anal count. However, handjobs and hotdogging don't count.

becky's not even the worst character in DoA, considering mary exists.

Nice try Willis.

So what's gonna happen now that this big clash is going to happen?

Mary: A bitch but harmless unless provoked

Carla: Goes out to antagonize other people

Becky: Causes harm to people just by existing

Nah, Mary is pretty objectively a shitheel. It's just that her original complaint that started the current conflict was perfectly reasonable, her escalation mild, and she's going up against Carla and Ruth - who are the worst characters in DoA.

I like ruth.

Ruth should not be allowed to get away with the shit she does. Ruth deserves unretrained punishment and karmic backlash for the shit she's pulled.

Why?

No seriously, I want to know why.

she's a shitheel actively making an attempt to fix her personal problems and become a better person. her relationship with billie was unhealthy as fuck, but it's actually led to her making an attempt to connect with several characters.

No

I find it hilarious you think she's going to come out of this a better person, especially since she's already declared she's only doing it to spite Mary

Dis gun be good

How is Mary "objectively a shitheel"?

she also declared she'd murder people and break bones.

She's a petty, judgmental person whose sole saving grace is that she isolates herself.

She literally had Billie move out then got angry at Billie for abandoning her, despite them living a few doors apart.

hence 'making an attempt'
have you ever encountered an addict trying to detox? they get pretty damn petty.

She didn't start detoxing until afterwards. In fact, most of the scenes of her detoxing seem to imply that having to act nice and caring are what are really affecting Ruth, not sobriety.

...Dude, look at the environment she's in. If the worst you can say is that she's "petty and judgmental" while surrounded by these fucking freakshows, then she's a damn good person.

she started detoxing because she didn't want her self-destruction hurting anyone else, and as a result of her not caring, carla was being hurt.

Maybe he changed them up after seeing the initial reactions to the Patreon and leaked comics.

As it is, it just makes things look even more abrupt. Like Becky was able to take the piss out of the communion without any repercussions.

Basically this. I love mary, she's kind of the unofficial mascot of the edits tumblr, but yeah, in general she's a pretty awful bitch. It's just that she's a huge bitch surrounded by even worse trainwrecks and thus comes off as the fairly sympathetic character.

>carla was being """hurt"""

FTFY. Contrary to what Willis says, a one-off incident where a trans person is misgendered isn't really that hurtful or damaging to them in the long term, especially when it's the climax to a pretty involved dispute.

fair enough, but it was still evidence of ruth actually not being completely heartless.

Link?

We had already seen the panel of Hank asking the guy to take Carol home in a preview, plus Willis has a long buffer.

It's completely against her character to care if Carla was being hurt. Also I mean she didn't stop drinking until after Billie moved out.

not really, she'd been shown doing her job and trying to speak to people multiple times.

Not out of her own will. She always did it because someone else prodded her, whether it was a dormmate or her boss.

>Becky tells Joyce not to make a scene about wearing a dress.
>Joyce reluctantly obliges.
>Becky makes a huge scene by ripping her dress off in the middle of the congregation.

She is cancer.

Carla deserves to be hurt

you have to learn to respect others if you want to be respected, that includes changing your gender.

Sure, if by "doing her job" and "trying to speak" you mean physically assaulting residents.

We eventually have to reach a point where Becky's outlandish cartoon-like nature clashes with the ongoing realism of the environment in which she lives.

So, what do you think Becky will do to completely fuck over everybody in the cast, directly or indirectly?

Nothing. Remember that Willis has stated that nothing bad will happen to Becky while at the same time the focus on his writing are the reactions of straight people to the events that effect his queer characters. Becky can literally do no wrong as the purpose of her character is the facilitate drama and development of other characters but not cause it.

You know, I actually don't know. Both are annoying author Mary Sues who are self-absorbed, make every situation they're in worse and really don't give a shit about anyone else.

It's not so much that anything bad is happening to Becky as much as it is that what she does ends up fucking over everybody around her.

I'd say that Becky is worse because she shows up more.
On another note: She's never actually done anything redeeming. Carla at least did that one thing that one time when Sal went up against Amazi-Girl or whatever. Becky hasn't actually done anything other than kiss an autistic girl who looks like she's twelve.

Carla. Becky can at least act as an enabler to Joyce and Dina. Carla is just there.

I don't know if the thing with Sal counts, as Amazi-Girl was going after all of them.

We did the math. Mary is a terrible person in nearly 75% of her appearances.

She's smug as crap, too. However, she is still somehow likable, because she's earnest in what she believes and is more complex than meets the eye.

Plus this:
>Basically this. I love mary, she's kind of the unofficial mascot of the edits tumblr, but yeah, in general she's a pretty awful bitch. It's just that she's a huge bitch surrounded by even worse trainwrecks and thus comes off as the fairly sympathetic character.

She reacts kind of reasonably to her surroundings, and she only gets more ridiculous and hostile as the environment gets more ridiculous and hostile.

She's trapped in a madhouse world of violent drunks, affluenza-afflicted attention whores, rebels without causes, dinosaur obsessed lesbians that resemble middle schoolers, people content to be referred to as Other Rachel, and the only person who has the same frame of mind as her is Roz.

Hi I wasn't paying attention. What's this artificial dilemma going on in this strip? Why are they doing whatever? Does anybody actually go to class?

>dinosaur obsessed lesbians that resemble middle schoolers
I don't think Dina is actually a lesbian. I think she's so starved for a friend/physical connection she would fuck Ethan straight if that was her only option.

Straight girl went home to see her family for the weekend because of what happened the week before. That was when ginger lesbian's dad kidnapped her at gunpoint to beat the gay out of her.

Lesbian is still homeless. This has been discussed at length, but no one has addressed where she's going to be living now that the bi, half-Asian girl is taking her room back because their terrible RA broke up with her.

The bi girl thinks she has hours upon hours to laze about in her room, but she needs to come up with a plan now for the lesbian since she's taking her room back.

The joke is that Becky (the red-head lesbian) is homeless.

Given her statements about her sexuality, and the fact that she did go to some LGBT student thing, she's probably bi.

I'm offended that Willis would use being homeless as a plot point. It's insensitive to everyone who is or has been homeless. It's doubly offensive because of how many homeless people aren't straight and have untreated mental illnesses.

Becky being homeless is mostly an exercise in Willis writing around reality because otherwise he'd have to make his plots more complicated. Sad thing is that he wouldn't need to do much, as it was early enough in the semester for Becky to get a transfer when she first showed up.

Patreanon: can you please provide your aid so we can mock tomorrow's strip a day early?

tumblr user here, I'm going to bed but if someone wants to send me an edit or some fanart suitably american to post when I wake up either at doa-edits.tumblr.com/submit or just by posting it as a reply to this post, I'll put it up and credit you.

>that gives me a whole extra hour
It really doesn't.

joyceandwalky.com/members/200508octbargein.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200509freeload.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200510pluto.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200511rockthisplace.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200512honorroll.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200601dorothy.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200602flattered.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200603alternate.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200604bedside.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200605arm.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200606exercise.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200607marry.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200608danny.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200609search.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200610molehill.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200611rosenthal.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200612distractions.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200701baldy.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200702leave.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200703ponies.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200704reunion.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200705kids.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200706david.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200707worry.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200708wham.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200709birth.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200710dining.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200711fall.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200712yule.html
1/2

joyceandwalky.com/members/200801movingon.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200802speedyhitched.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200803fisticuffs.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200804showers.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200805iscanbemarriage.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200806studentteaching.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200807marcie.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200808dropit.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200809vows.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200810fonts.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200811missing.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200812themom.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200901chopper.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200902brockosmodernlife.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200903parents.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200904vendetta.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200905transplant.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200906dead.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200908thedayof.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200909stranded.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200910hiya.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200912voices.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/201001fightfightfight.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/201003flyaway.html
itswalky.com/members/theend.html
2/2

Becky's "smile" reminds me of that grimace you make at the orthodontist's when you have to hold that awful-tasting crap in your mouth in order to make a mold of your teeth.

Oh, I remember her. The two timing whore that married some other guy while her husband was a prisoner in another country.

All right, Sup Forums, who do you hate the least in this comic?

I'm going to say Marcie, because she hasn't been a real problem. She is active and out-going and "speaks" her mind. She isn't actively terrible like everyone else is.

Anyone want to make a case for any of the other characters?

>it's a "Willis spams his shitty webcomic thread, and then replies to this post saying it's not him for nonsensical reasons" thread.

nice of Malaya to put her rack on Mary

On the one hand, red heads and freckles are a huge turn on for me. On the other, I hate Becky.

I'm conflicted.

>that includes changing your gender.

Except that Carla's still a guy regardless whatever mods he may have gone through

>We did the math. Mary is a terrible person in nearly 75% of her appearances.

Compared to most of the cast thats still not all that bad

Everyone she squares off against is a massive shitbag. You can't help but like her to spite characters you hate

>It's insensitive to everyone who is or has been homeless.

Willis only supports social justice to stroke his ego and score Liberal brownie points. He really doesn't give two shits about genuine justice.

Don't nag him. If he can do it, he'll do it.

You're an idiot

Don't be. It's only logical that rules have exceptions

> Social
> Justice
> Warrior
We've been over this. The answer is always
> Pick none.

That already happened, don't you remember the car chase ? Physics were on a holyday the entire time

I like Dana. She can be pretty funny and doesn't seem to be an awful person.

That's the universe bending over backwards to make sure Becky doesn't get scratched. Might as well make her the protagonist from Unbreakable, minus the part where that guy couldn't swim.

I'm talking about Becky doing something so outlandish and anti-productive that it affects everybody around her, like burning down a building or something.

Wouldn't that make Becky a god? A hero leaps over buildings. A superhero blasts away buildings. A god tells the building to move.

It's not so much that Becky is a goddess as much as it is that David Willis is the Walkyverse's God.

All follows according to His whim. Those who meet his approval are met with bountiful rewards. Those who defy his will are met with eternal punishment.

So Mary wouldn't consider it gay if she had feelings for Carla, right?

>No new early strip.
One job.

Wait, no one cares that Becky just tore up and discarded that dress? Like, I know it was probably a hand-me-down that no one ever wore, but still. You just don't do that to someone's stuff.
>Oh wait. It's Becky.

That's actually a really good question. The Bible has very little to say about what we would consider transgenderism and, of what could be interpreted to cover it, most of them would be considered Old Testament temple law and overwritten by the New Covenant. There are several passages, Galatians 3:28, Matthew 6:25-33, and 56:4-5, that would imply it doesn't matter. Also, if Mary considers Carla a man then it wouldn't count on a personal level.

I think we can all appreciate the upper body strength it'd take to completely tear away a dress like that.

I'm weirdly down with Becky literally being god and not knowing it. Sure would explain a lot.

tiny mouth and huge chin with a big gross pimple

>Both Haruhi and Becky are insufferable in their respective series.
Pottery.

somewhere in the last 2 years Willis decided that what cartoon characters really need is constantly visible gumlines and he continually relaxes how exaggerated an expression someone needs to expose them.

It's a convention most comic artists avoid for a reason.

According to the patreon bonus strip, it's closer to a four hour drive.

Doesn't make the time zone thing any less stupid, but I thought it was a good segue to posting the bonus strip.

>As per usual
Did Willis just acknowledge how stupid this recap is in this situation, as they all already know how long it will be ?