I'm sorry Sup Forums that you are so ironically edgy you can't see originality and beauty in anything...

I'm sorry Sup Forums that you are so ironically edgy you can't see originality and beauty in anything, but this is the most original and amazing show I've even witnessed, and I'm actually a very oldfag compared to you all, so my opinion carries much weight. Watch it, people.

Serious question: where the fuck is L. Ron Hubbard?

Or Joseph Smith? They can't include everyone.

LRH isn't a diety in Scientology, they don't pray to him or anything like that.

The book was 4/10 and your thread is 2/10

>most original
>based on a novel that came out years ago
Ok buddy!

All Saint Hill sized Orgs have an unused room designed to spec just for LRH to use if he ever comes back. They chant hip hip hooray at his portrait. He's "Source". Neil Gaiman was born into a powerful Scientology family same as his wife Amanda Palmer was.

I want to see L. Ron Hubbard depicted in this fucking series, there's no excuse. Scientology is as powerful as its ever been and controls billions of dollars of real estate as well as having tendrils lodged in government, education, therapy, and drug rehabilitation.

ok, so i didn't read the book, so this is original to me and anyone that didn't read the book. do you have a fucking problem with this logic retard?

the show establishes gods need an image and a cause and effect in order to exist.

So none of the monotheist gods exist because their scriptures specifically say they just did everything and people need to praise them forever for stuff to happen after they die.

Ronny and Joey didn't promise anything concrete. Ronny said all his followers were gods, etc, and joey was just a prophet. Praying to them doesn't get you anything.

I didn't care for it.

LRH claimed you could increase IQ, defeat cancer, gain telepathy, gain telekinesis, and attain mastery over matter, energy, space and time. What the FUCK are you talking about?

Why has SCIENTOLOGIST OF RECORD Neil Gaiman censored LRH from his pantheon of gods when he is the most American of gods? There is no excuse!

>it's most original
>ok it's not original to many people but it is to me and that makes it most original
your logic is delusionally egotistical and idiotically retarded

>you can't see originality and beauty in anything

>originality
almighty johnsons did it first, pleb

>beauty
the guys are all ugly, baboon

>LRH claimed you could increase IQ, defeat cancer, gain telepathy, gain telekinesis, and attain mastery over matter, energy, space and time.

By paying money and taking classes. Not by praying to him.

>using the internet and watching television counts as praying
>literally devoting your life to one individual, hailing him, and practicing his teachings without deviation does not
No, buddy, you have no argument. WHERE THE FUCK IS L. RON HUBBARD IN THIS SERIES?

media and technology are gods because people "pray" to them to make their lives better, and they do.

LRH doesn't grant powers. Nothing in scientology demands prayer to LRH.

Needs a god of poop.

There's literally a super power building

The books earablish that guys like Jesus exist, we just don't see them because Neil has more fun with translating foreign pantheons to early 2000's rural America.

where people learn to unlock their own potential.

I'm not sure what part of this very simple concept you're failing to grasp.

the show establishes theres hundreds of jesuses because people pray to jesus to do just about everything

L. Ron Hubbard promised IQ improvement, making the able more able, success in life, and several other things so WHERE IS L. RON HUBBARD IN THIS SHOW?

I haven't heard a decent explanation. In fact, every post contrary to this question has been utterly BTFO by actual facts.

He promised you could do those things yourself. He did not promise he would personally grant those things in exchange for prayers to him.

scientologists believe in dianetics not in ron hubbard. scientologist do not believe in any god. they believe in paying for scientology classes. you might as well ask why people who pay for zumba classes or people who believe in self-help books and classes do not have a god in the show.

Where the fuck is L. Ron Hubbard in this show?

The closest to a god for them would be their inner self or their subconscious or whatever it is inside them that they believe will help them get whatev. Each of them will have one personal godling. One worshipper is too weak to sustain a godling.

What is the eighth dynamic?

he's cleaning the gods' toilets.

Seriously, why the FUCK isn't L. Ron Hubbard featured in this show? It's very weird especially considering Scientology's global popularity and Neil Gaiman's status as a confirmed Scientologist.

What, he can dish it out but his guy can't take it?

It is the movement in the bowels.

dead and buried

You raise a good point.

because hes not a god

Gay Genie: The TV Show

I want to see the world the way Laura does but I don't love anyone. What do?

Join Scientology

hes not what a god is.
wednesday explained it in the last espisode.
a relation with a god is simbiotic,you give them prays and they give you something.
Hubbard is just some dead literally who.

Scientologists maintain rooms for LRH's return in every Saint Hill sized org, as previously mentioned, and literally send his portraits energy in the form of hip hip hoorays. This is all documented.

Hip hip hooraying at LRH portraits and maintaining rooms for him at orgs is worship. Neil Gaiman defense force please give up, you've lost this argument because solid facts have nullified you.

you really think that people in that hipster secret club for millionaires really believe in xenu or the shit they sell?
you surelly changed my vision of the world,you can take my house and bang my wife now.

You're right, it's an innocuous club, lol it's just for avoiding taxes, I'm a big dummy who believes memes and knows nothing about how destructive cults operate, lol, I love memes, lol

Worth it for Mad Sweeney

WHERE THE FUCK IS L RON HUBBARD

The book is acceptable but the series is 80% artificial and mediocre filler.

Is LRH in the book?

I don't know, I think the "Somewhere in America" filler stories are some of the better parts. I like learning about all the other gods. They're more interesting than Shadow.

Those stories where in the book, in between the chapters, and I liked them too. But they have so much filler in the tv series that they have been forced to come with even more filler stories to put in between the filler. 5 Seasons is too fucking much for a book that you can easily read in 3 afternoons and has a terrible third (and last) part.

I don't know who's LRH but in the book the wife and the leprecunt don't appear in more that 30 pages between them. And I'm ok with changing the stories in the adaptations, I don't want to watch what I've already read, but not just for the sake of making it longer.

So if he was in the American gods universe, he'd be with his waifu now?

Retard

>Adaption of original story can't be original
>He doesn't know the show is different from the book
>He is unaware of the difference between two media like books and tv
Pseudointellectual spotted

>Scientology's global popularity

Sure they got some hollywood types but not that many worshipers.

it's shit

Enough of this stupid shit, you don't need to do backflips to explain them away
They exist, they're just not an important part of the story because they aren't threatened by or reliant on the New Gods so they have no part of the war.

But faith is a volume business. For all Scientology's wealth, influence, and exposure, it doesn't have the numbers to produce anything bigger than a weak tribal god.

IT
NEVER
FUCKING
STARTS

Seriously, for fuck's sake, I've watched this with a mate when we were high af just to give it a try and the fucking show just can't get you to care for it, aside for the Leprechaun and Ian mcShane (who is paid to play basically himself onscreen) you don't give a shit about what happens to the other characters who come off as bland, needlessly convoluted and uninteresting.
You don't understand why you should care, there is no dramatic tension, it's just one big aesthetic clusterfuck with a fantastic coating, some sex scenes and pointless big dialogues.
It has this feel of "when does it really start though ?", which is just bad if you wait until your season finale to do it.

Haven't watched this trash but exactly the same is true of the shitty novel.

it could have been amazing but Fuller had to make sure everything on his checklist was included. the checklist includes:

-overpowered female characters who are unrepentant for being shitty people
-emasculated men getting emasculated further by the stonk women characters
-homofucking
-constant disrespect to the Christian religion while praising Islam at every possible turn
-zero (0) large breasted, big assed beautiful women. this is how Ostara was portrayed in the book. and this body type offends Fuller because he's a turbofaggot

Expect season 2 to be more of the same, with even more pointless sidestories featuring even more strong unrepentant ugly women

A dead fat ginger pederast is not a god.