How do you think Matt Furie feels about pepe going from

How do you think Matt Furie feels about pepe going from
>a dumb stoner character in his comic
>a little known in joke amongst week boos
>a massive memetic phenomenon
>the symbol of an unironic egyptian meme religion

Has any other character in Sup Forums fiction ever gone through something so similarly insane? Not even icons like mickey mouse or batman can say they have a literal cult that dates back hundreds of years.

Other urls found in this thread:

papermag.com/pepe-1851599273.html
youtube.com/watch?v=1OyI1USKS_o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He said he enjoyed the popularity, but that it had little to do with his actual work so he felt lost as to why it was popular.

This was from before it blew up on tumblr and entered pop culture so I'm unsure of his opinion the past 2 years or so

I'm just curious about how he feels about the fsct thst people turned something he drew like ten years ago into a religious symbol.

The only similar but not quite scenario I can think of is tat African tribe or something that drew the Phantom on their shields for good luck.

A reaction image that lost all original context a long time ago. I dunno why people still associate it with the source.

there was an interview with him like a month ago

iirc he likes the fan drawings a lot (especially the really off-model drawn from memory ones) but doesn't like the right-wing use of it or the more hardcore poo poo pee pee stuff

> tfw being cucked by memelords from your creation

What?
Link?

> If I see someone selling something on Etsy, like a Pepe pin or something, I just ask them to send me some. I have a little collection of bootleg Pepe stuff, some t-shirts and a necklace and an earring and some pins and things like that.

Not as ridiculous as being a meme that's gone too far, but we can't ignore the Russian cult around Gadget.

Why does he hate wojak so much

Pol has been unironicely praising an ancient Egyptian frog god called Kek who is all about repeating digits, and convincing themselves that they uncovered meme magic. They've been getting pet frogs, sacrificing bugs, making elaborate dubs threads and basically been unironically making an actual Warhammer 40k esque chaos cult.

Sometimes I think they might be right.

> Russian cult
> Russian
Do americans hate her or what?

papermag.com/pepe-1851599273.html

DUBS CONFIRM, KEK APPROVES OF FURRY WAIFU CULT

PRAISE
R
A
I
S
E

Who is that cat guy with Putin in hat and Pepe?

I don't really believe the stuff, but there are a lot of coincidences. Weird shit.

>the book of revelations actuslly fucking references pepe

I want off the ride.

Remember when Sup Forums started the fire?

Where?

That's the kind of stuff I mean, it just fits a bit too well.

This is weirding me out. Imagine Sup Forums having an ancient God on their side...

>Revelation 16:13-16 says: (13) And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet

Imagine how you would feel if you created a character, and that character became paired with an entirely unrelated character that you know nothing about by shipperfags. That's how Pepe+Wojack feels to Matt.

>religious symbol
>hundreds of years
What are you talking about man

More than one, user.

I DON'T LIKE THIS

I'm actually in the process of making a webcomic that's secretly all about meme magic and social engineering.

It's basically two different schools of thought regarding meme magic. One is the villain using meme magic like Charles manson but on a large scale instead of a small group of susceptible people. And the hero is more akin to Napoleonic meme magic, with myth creation and historic revisionism. All working under the set of rules that are basically laid down at the end of metal gear solid 2 with the "creating context" thing.

Sadly all my work was recently physically destroyed, but I'll keep at it. I think meme magic is real but a lot less dramatic and zany than people make it out to be. It's basically subconscious propagandism that shows up in seemingly unrelated things that eventually adds up and utterly changes the way a person thinks, leaving them more open to think a certain way. Which in turn creates a domino effect that leads to real life things happening out of it and people seeing what they want to see.

>brown lips
They are clearly red. Is he colorblind?

pepe is beautiful

Ugh, why does Sup Forums get to have 2 gods or more and we, the good guys, get none?
I wish Thor from the movies was real and he could be on our side ...

That's the beauty of it, user.
The fucking internet nazis are the good guys.

What a time to be alive.

But there's only the one frog, user, not three. Wait... No.
There's only one frog left.

OH
SHIT
WHAT
UP

we get wizards and necrhomancers instead, isnt that cool ?

>dubs

PRAISIN AND HEILIN

>wizards and necromancers
Explain

Well Stan Lee absorb the life force of anyone in the comic industry, no that is something good.

Morrison gave us the hypercrisis which is great.

Fuck off with your forced niggershit.

>this thread

This whole thread is forced shit, what difference does it make?

Hah, you thought this thread was about actual discussion.

>gets dubs
praisin, pls gib gf

I wish that thing would die

I physical harm on everyone who has saved pictures with it or uses them

I wish a long life of limisfortune on people who draw it.

Buzz buzz buzz off, flyposter

Between this, australian shitposting and worshipping Ebola-chan, I can certainly say that Sup Forums doesn't have anything to do with politics and it's just Sup Forums 2.0.

BUZZ OFF

>Far beyond in the future, the kids gather around the fire to listen the stories of the old sage, bearer of the past history of man.
>"There are many version of how our world have come to be. One of them talks about a forbidden place, prohibited to the children, in which people gathered together to discuss all various topics. Following the story, an entity called by the engravings POL discovered the ancient cult of Kek, a long time forgotten god, and with him the magic ability to control others people's fate. Soon this ability passed to other people of the forgotten place, ence why, to this day, the M word is still prohibited."

Sup Forums is what happened when old Sup Forums grew up

>says the guy on Sup Forumsmblr

Kek confirms it

Sup Forums is cucked

>unironically
You keep using this word. I do not think you know what it means.

It's getting worst by the second
at least this place is about comics and cartoons

Everywhere.

normies get off etc.

I hope that he got horribly bullied for that sign
I hope she got raped for accepting his request after seeing that sign.

reddit will love it xd

that is some pretty morrisonesque sigil magic.

Sup Forums's board culture is too affable to hate.

They also killed a couple terrorists once.

>tfw suddenly you have to pay taxes and your money goes to nig-nogs

Isn't there a cult dedicated to Bambi?

youtube.com/watch?v=1OyI1USKS_o

I like how they removed the part where Wojak squishes pepe.

Pepe's managed to survive despite repeated misuse by other sites for years so it's okay.

Share your rare Pepes.

>Implying Sup Forums isn't the good guys

Or the fact that the picture where Pepe is watching the tadpoles is a pedophile joke

How I wish for these people to burn

Did they really not realize the tadpole one is implying Pepe is a pedophile?

Tis in the company of demon frogs that we find ourselves together friends

There's a lolcat.
Feels guy.
Pepe.

So is Sup Forums manipulating the Noosphere?

>Sometimes I think they might be right.
>sometimes

>feminists chase Sup Forums off Sup Forums
>well better spew our shit on Sup Forums

Seriously, can you guys get out?

The rarest pepe is like Stardust The Super Wizard: Froggy the Gremlin.

We are having more and more good threads about the new Ghostbusters movie, so I will say that we are winning the fight against Sup Forums

don't you get it man

like in jrpgs, the group of teenagers defeats the antag's final divine form

>Stardust
Heyo

HEYA HEYA HEYA KIDS

>Sadly all my work was recently physically destroyed, but I'll keep at it. I think meme magic is real but a lot less dramatic and zany than people make it out to be. It's basically subconscious propagandism that shows up in seemingly unrelated things that eventually adds up and utterly changes the way a person thinks, leaving them more open to think a certain way. Which in turn creates a domino effect that leads to real life things happening out of it and people seeing what they want to see.
Makes sense, can't wait to see it.

We need to get stricter like Sup Forums but not as shitty

>pepe is /pol
>feminists chase Sup Forums off Sup Forums
>Sup Forums decides collectively to post on Sup Forums

>Sup Forums starts praising kek ironically
>meme magic is coined and fun is had
>/x/ mistakes meme magic for real and its board becomes cluttered with new shit
>Goes back to Sup Forums as a believed phenomena, and the average Sup Forumstard iq drops a little lower
I know it started as a joke and everything, but all the facts about kek and its supposed likeness to memes are at the purposeful exception of any information that runs contrary. It's simply coincidence blown out of proportion, and got stale very quickly.

absolutely based

Meme world is spilling in real life
Or real world is going full meme?

this is so stupid that could be real

>get out normie
But pepe is literally the most normalfag meme character now

>unironic
He doesn't realize that Sup Forums is satire :)

>he

Wait that isn't one of them new "she"/pussy boi?

She's flipping off the camera. Probably stood him up at prom.

iluminatae

Neither do the people who post there.

The repeating numbers but sounds too good to be true. It's very LOL EPIC Sup Forums meme!!!

I wonder how old I was when I stopped finding this shit funny.

The amount of Sup Forums shitposting is disheartening. Why does everyone have to come shitpost here? Most people don't even read comics.

>Has any other character in Sup Forums fiction ever gone through something so similarly insane?

Donald Duck you stupid faggot.

>Gooby pleas

You're quoting Matt, right?

>They also killed a couple terrorists once.
???

>he thinks sjw boogeymen exist outside tumblr and twitter

Apparently they geolocated an Isis training camp from propoganda footage released, and sent it to Russian Intelligence. I doubt it was taken seriously, but if they did and they geolacted correctly, Sup Forums succesfully killed terrorists.

>normies
no john, you are the normies