Why do all Starfleet ships have Earth-based names?

The Federation has over 150 primary member worlds, none of them wanted names based on their planet's places, peoples and concepts?

The most common explanations I hear are
>every planet still has its own fleet/security forces
>humans are just the most driven of all Federation species

The first point doesn't add up because Starfleet is still the primary exploration and peacekeeping arm of the Federation, as in all species have to contribute to it and all of its ships represent the Federation's most advanced technology and best and brightest crews. For none of their ships to be named after anything outside of Earth is insane.

Second point also doesn't make sense, since all species in the Federation would have had to be driven enough to achieve warp drive before being admitted into the Federation. That means they'd have to have some sense of discovery and innovation. Again, it makes no sense for them to just yield all responsibility for that to humans. They literally couldn't have survived as long as they did without having their own drive for success.

UT translates shipnames Darmok-style

All Starfleet vessels are built and commission on planet earth in the Starfleet ship yards. Hence the earth names. At least that's what I heard.

So dumb viewers won't think they're """"alien"""". In actuality they probably have a large range of other Federation worlds inspiration.

Because U.S.S: Orion Badonkadonk just isn't as catchy.

Why are the humans the most dominant cultural influence over the Federation? Aren't they the most recent to develop interstellar travel?

Because Starfleet is not the Federation you asshole. Starfleet is Earth based.

Because cats are from earth and cats rule the universe.

OP literally never said they were the Federation you dumb nigger monkey whore.

>Starfleet is still the primary exploration and peacekeeping arm of the Federation

And it's still fucking based on Earth.

>letting some dindu planet name our ships
>ever
you have to go back

Starfleet is the Earth's space fleet. Other planets have their own. We have seen Vulcan ships from time to time mentioned or encountering Starfleet ships. The Federation uses the Starfleet because they're both headquartered on Earth and Earth has the most and the best ships and, most importantly, Starfleet offers the best rates per ship since they're mostly made in China. You can easily spot the ships made in China in the battle with the Borg. They're the first ships to explode.

Not all Starfleet ships have Earth names. They just sound like Earth names to you because of universal translator.

So the universal translator all works on eyes and changes the paint on the ships?

It works on mouths.

Uh yeah, just like the capital of the Federation. I guess that means the capital of the Federation doesn't really represent the Federation you stupid subhuman bitch.

So why do they have Earth names painted on the ships?

What's your pic? Us that like an alien Data?

>NATO has a lot of member countries
>All of NATO aircraft carriers are named after USA culture
Earth culture drives the federation

And you hear a gong and whind chimes when they go to warp lmao

It works on eyes too, idiot. Can't you keep up within the context of replies you yourself make?

>Mouths are eyes

Got it, sorry I didn't read that part.

The universal translator converts unpronouncable names into a distinct, easily pronounsable, memorable earth name. Do you think the Vulcans named themselves Vulcans?

Because earth culture is very appealling to most federation races, and a lot more open to cultural enrichment, than say the Vulcans or Andorians. They won a cultural victory. It's how they got the federation to put starfleet command on Earth, even though earth was late to the interstellar travel game.

>All of NATO aircraft carriers are named after USA culture

None of the French or British carriers are named after USA culture.

>Why do all Starfleet ships have Earth-based names?
They.... don't?

Vulcan ships have Vulcan names.

He's conflating Starfleet with The Federation.

Yes. Were you expecting everyone in Starfleet to learn to read English for when they read those stuff they read on their consoles? Do you actually think I'm typing in English right now?

Do you think I'm responding to you right now? What is so wrong with you that you would make a holoprogram where people prove you wrong on the internet?

Your premiss was that the UT working on eyes was beyond belief, but it already works on mouths so your premiss is actually within the realms of belief.

Fuck, I hate that I have to spoonfeed idiots in these threads.

Because humanity kicks ass and wants to explore, and the other races basically don't. And humans make the best ships. There's even a later ENT episode where Soval admits the Vulcans are frightened of humans, in part because they went from planetbound to Warp 5 about 500 years faster than the Vulcans themselves could.

Breh normies took over. The internet hates cats now.

>None of the French or British carriers are named after USA culture.
The French have 1(one) and the British one is still under construction.

Well how much do they contribute to NATO budget wise?

Do you actually think I typed what you think I typed? What is so wrong with you that you would see holoprograms where there are none?

>internet hates cats now

kill me pete ;_;

most of the member worlds are probably very small and only have their own defence forces. They're like the Baltic states in NATO

By TNG/DS9, humans have been warp capable for nearly 300 years.

Why is warp capability definitively important? What, so non-warp capable civilisations are just shit and the civilisations that get warp are all in an exclusive club which decides the fucking rules for the entire quadrant? How is that fair?

What part of Earth is the USS T'Kumbra named after?

I was pointing out that humans are a well established space faring species by this point. And yes warp capable civs are the best, it's literally impossible for someone without it to wage war against anyone else or exert power outside of their solar system.

Wow, holy shit. Why is waging war or exerting power a good thing? I thought this was post-scarcity utopia. War is bad.

Sounds like somewhere in the butthole of Africa.

Africa

Go find it.

Oh wait.

You can't, because it doesn't exist on Earth.

It's alien.

Fucking space hippy. You think freedom comes free? Gotta blow up some Klingon fucking shits before you get any respect in this galaxy, just be glad you and your family aren't getting RIDGED right now thanks to Starfleet

mup di doo didda po mo gub bix nood

If we banded together with all the alien races in the galaxy do you really think Humans would be the smartest species available to run it? We'd probably be the Starfleet Janitor Core. We're barely more than chimpanzees.

>Obsesses over one man
good
>Starts screaming at holograms
good
>Uses Biological WMDs against civilians
good
>Doesn't blow every single Maquis ship to pieces and wipe them out
wtf I hate Sisko now?

ALL Klingons have the natural right to emigrate to Earth, fascist.

What now faggot

probably none

REEEEEEEE WHY IS there no ALPHA terran empire only Star Trek where we're a fascist warlike empire ruling over the entire universe and finding ways to kill EVIL XENOS.
I WANT star trek 40k

When they accept their true place and join the Federation

Humans are the most "diplomatic" race and can easily adapt to talk to or negociate with other races.
Other races don't really share their enthousiam with space exploration and when you see the death rate in time of crisis (Klingons, borg, dominion, etc), they are perfectly happy to let humans be the first in the line of duty.

Because we're arrogant enough to think that we're the most brilliant and special race in the whole god damn universe.

>natural right
there's no such thing.

>Because humanity kicks ass and wants to explore, and the other races basically don't

Then how did they develop warp drive?

This.

wtf i love tazmania now

Is this the biggest BTFO in Sup Forums history?

Holy SHIT she is so fucking hot why didn't they have her join the enterprise and make her an official new cast member also Tasha actress sucked this babe would have been way better in that role

>Tfw you realise there's a timeline where nazis win and they have their own Stern Trecken where they conquer everything

we truly live in one of the worse ones

Terran Empire?

Because starfleet is actually a fascist human empire. It was founded by section 31, and any talk of egalitarianism with other races is just propaganda to further section 31's goal of interstellar dominance.

R A P E
A
P
E

It can't be feasible that they rely on the universal translator, what if they were to fail due to a dampening field? The crew would be unable to function.
All members of starfleet are probably speaking in some common language most of the time that isn't modern English.
If it had to be English it would probably be some future mishmash version.

Linda Hamilton's twin sister!!!FACT!!!

When space niggers design and build a galaxy class starship, they can name it whatever they want. Until then, fuck off Ahmed

>Starfleet is the Earth's space fleet. Other planets have their own
No it isn't, no they don't. Why do you keep posting this? It's obvious the OP has heard you spouting this shit before and somehow missed that you never prove it and its directly contradicted in DS9 5x10- Rapture.

because muh humanity is special meme

Fuck, you literally can't name a ship and give it not an Earth based name by accident. There is a USS Sarek, I googled Sarek and there is a Sarek national park in Sweden.

fake and gay

You don't hear much about it but the federation is far less integrated than you might think. Though there is some crossover in the more humanlike races, each federation member generally crews their own ships. You'd have a ship of mostly Tellarites or mostly Bolians. Members of the Federation had vastly different life support requirements so they couldn't generally spend much time with their human counterparts on other ships.

We just didn't see much of this on screen.
Usually just the occasional reference or nod. The example in canon that stands out at me the most in the Baseball episode of DS9 where we hear about an all vulcan ship.

it's not even real sadly, user pasted it on the map

Klingon shill, please.

Because Earth is the Federation capital and Starfleet is predominantly human.
Most of the Federation worlds no doubt have autonomous fleets of their own. Starfleet just gets the biggest budget of the (nothing) the commie UFP collects.

Rape Gangs

Thanks for explaining the joke... you jerk.

Says you