I wrecked myself on a yesterday run so I might as well post something other than the usual freaks in spandex while I...

I wrecked myself on a yesterday run so I might as well post something other than the usual freaks in spandex while I shitpost on Sup Forums.
That said I give you The Terrible and Wonderful Reasons Why I Run Long Distances by The Oatmeal.

>posting a reddit author

What exactly is his connection to reddit?

Zee Blerch gentleman and gentleman who feel like ladies.

What a fag.

Yeah I am interested in that too.

From Hal Higdon's "Marathon - The Ultimate Training Guide".

GLYCOGEN AND THE WALL
A term frequently used by marathoners is "hitting the wall." This usually occurs around
20 miles into the race, about the time the body runs out of energy. Often this happens so
suddenly that runners feel as though they crashed into a brick wall. Their pace slows. Their
breath becomes labored. They struggle to finish. It can be said that the first half of the
marathon is 20 miles long; the second half, 6.2 more.

Physiologically, runners hit the wall when they deplete their muscles of glycogen. Glyco
gen is the sugarlike substance that serves as the main fuel for muscles during exercise. It is
stored in the liver and muscles. When you run long distances, you deplete your glycogen
stores and eventually run out of energy. With glycogen gone, the body begins burning fat, a
much less efficient fuel source.

But not all runners hit the wall. With proper training, you can teach your body to burn
fat more efficiently. Refueling on the run with sports drinks and gels adds to your glyco
gen supply. Proper pacing also will allow you to hurdle the feared wall and achieve a peak
performance.

It's horrible when your subconsciousness sounds like a typical /co poster.

Poor Americans.

Kinda related and about as disgusting.

Yeah that's pretty spot on.

Actually it's not that bad.

“He Was not a health nut, was not out to mold himself a stylishly slim body. He did not live on nuts and berries; if the furnace was hot enough, anything would burn, even Big Macs.”
John L. Parker Jr., Once a Runner

And boy do they burn.

Wtf mang.

It wasn't like that for me. I got my life in order so I could run not weighted down by such pesky concerns like bills and the like.

Fast food at it's finest nigga.

Jesus Christ. I kept begging for her to just stop and close the box. But she wouldn't.

For the record Into the Wild read like a really drawn out suicide attempt.
Death by Mother Nature so to speak.

Fucking crunches.

And thus the comic turned into a hipsterish "look at how non-fake and legitimate I am".

Not sure how hipster he is (probably too much for this board) but the author is legit.

I will stop for now. And at the best part of this comic as well as long distance running in general.

THE AGONY
Before I leave (and I will be back tomorrow), I'll leave this little quote.

"The essence of ultrarunning isn't so much the avoidance of pain and trouble as much as adjusting to their inevitable appearance.."
Ann Trason

does nobody else think this guy is an unfunny faggot with zero artistic talent?

I know your pain, OP. I broke my collarbone last week while biking.
I'm stuck in a Percocet hell constantly stuck browsing Sup Forums.

Doesnt matter hes a multimillionaire.

>/fit/.jpg

well as long as he found some way to feel superior about his particular way of improving himself I guess