How to fix Miles

Besides the obvious answer of giving him another writer how can Miles be fixed? Bendis himself admitted that Miles is just black Peter and this is even more obvious with him being in 616. Any sort of character development he might have been facing was undone and it looks like he's still in the same rut as before.

>Aside from a diefferent writer.
Well aside from the obvious.

Venom Blast should be hit with a nuke and made weaker. It's basically Marvel's Speed Force.
At the very least give it a drawback or something.
Second would be to have some other conflicts and add in Peter teaching him a little more.
The last issue gives us a set-up. Miles didn't leave a note for the police.
Peter should scold him for being so forgetful.

The main problem with Miles is that pretty much every other spider-hero is better. Even Silk.

I feel like a Peter Parker without all the baggage of being the flagship Spider-Man who's under constant scrutiny from the fanbase, etc. and has all these relationships with every character in the fucking universe from decades of publication(which Marvel can be pretty cavalier with anyway) is an obvious blessing that's being squandered.

Yes. Venom Blast is cheap and boring and at this point could take out The One Above All.

Nerf the shit out of Venom Blast so he has to find more creative ways of defeating an enemy instead of just BLASTING HARDER

Maybe give him something unique in terms of character relations, because almost everyone he deals with is just Peter-Man's cast.

If they ever did a light hearted spidermen comic each cover and the narrator boxes should be in a 70s buddy cop style with noir style narrations from Peter and it should be about Peter showing miles all the ropes from best ways to take down rhino to which hotdog carts give hero discounts

I think the best way to fix him would be killing him off.

Obviously, make him [spoiler ]white [/spoiler].

It looks like I fucked up.
My point stands, anyway.

>Spoiler.
That would do nothing at all.
Other than free up a space on the street roster.

That leaves more room for other interesting teen heroes that marvel has forgotten

say no more, pham

Like Mania?
Cause we need more Mania.

And Kaine. Arcely too.
I couldn't care less about the rest but these threee I like.

Kill the grandmother
Kill Ganke
Develop his own villains
Give him more of a life outside the mask
Make him more aware that he's from another universe.

Two words: Black Venom

Mania is exactly who I had in mind

>This thread again
I think last thread proved that nobody cares about black Peter, user.

I want more Anti-Venom.

I know but marvel sure thinks people do. If this six year push is going to continue I'm curious to see how other people think marvel can do him better

>asian uncle ben

Give him a personality and unique fighting style. Since the Fighting game community is a big thing with black nerds make him a kid who goes to tournaments, has a bunch of fight sticks, and emulates the style of characters in those games to fight.

Also nerf the fuck out of Venom Blast, that little nuke thing he pulled off last issue and against hydra is fucking lame and shouldn't be possible.

You can use CTRL+S to auto spoiler, just a reminder in the future.

oh, thanks

Personally I say we should erase all the spider knockoffs and be done with it. Ignoring Symbiotes of course.

What about clones

I hear clones and my mind goes Clone Saga. So indifferent

>More Mania
>More Khaine

MY NIGGAS

Why would you want to ruin antivenom like that?

I have no other pictures.

Really, Miles is fine, he just needs a different writer. He is fine in every other book an only Bendis uses Venom Blast/Sting. Because lets be honest, Bendis oesn't want to write action scenes so he gave Miles quick way to get himself out of any trouble.

hes already talked about things thats happend in ultimate

Give him a diffrent name or kill peter

Not GrannyVenom
It could be Miles's Clone Saga, by the time it's over anything would be an improvement.

>Kill Peter.
Bendis has done it once and he could try again.
Thankfully this is 616 Peter and anybody that tries to kill him off will have a bitch of a time for it.
Apart from Deadpool, but that lasted one issue so it's fine.

People care about Miles this meme that nobody cares needs to die

Yall waifufags praise Kamala but say nobody cares about Miles when his book sells 20k more than hers

That's mostly because the novelty of Kamala has worn off and people that didn't read the Ultimate comics find Miles interesting still.

Nobody cares.

Give him a pithy sidekick that adds some spice to his straightman personality. And not person. Maybe a large spider creature that sits on his back.

But not too up front, or else it'd become something like a arachnind Scrappy Doo.

And give the kid a couple of personal rogues.

Maybe Mania. I've only read a little of Venom so what if Mania and Miles team up because Spider-Spinoffs gotta stick together. Mania could poke fun about how pure and uptight Miles is

And then she could rape him

Too much of a legacy character.

>It's a 'Mania has been going back and double-tapping criminals when Miles's back was turned' episode

Kill his mother and take away the venom blast?

>Mania enjoys teasing Miles and making him pop boners
>one day she gets carried away
>she uses the symbiote to caress
>rips a hole in his uniform and teases him until he begs for her
>in a Special AO Giant Sized Spider-Man/Mania

I couldn't be a writer, I'd just keep inserting my fetish

Battle Tendency. Venom Blast=Ripple.

Keikaku master Miles would be interesting

>same rut as before.
He's had 5 issues since coming to 616. Calm down

Kill him off and push Hobie Brown/Prowler

He was put back to square one

This. They take away from the uniqueness of the original. Same with the Hulk knockoffs (besides She-Hulk b/c classic + cheesecake)

What about Rulk. I enjoy Haggar

I should clarify Spider Woman doesn't really count so she could get a pass. Most of the spider knockoffs verge on OC fic territory.

Reveal that Miles is actually a clone of Peter Parker, and kick off a new Clone Saga.

Too bad they'll never revisit THAT travesty, right?

Rulk is dogshit. Red-She-Hulk is even worse.

A character is only as good as the person writing them. Shame Dwayne Mcduffie was never really a Marvel guy ( not to mention the whole being dead thing) he would have been the perfect writer for Miles.

Really loved his work on Static.

All this, and change his name. Despite what Bendis might think, he will always remain in Peter's shadow if he keeps the name. Make him the Arachnid or something.

I would read the fuck out of this, not going to lie.

Nah, he's Spider Man. Fuck off.

Bendis get off Sup Forums and become more creative you fuck

But why wouldn't a Clone of Peter have some of Pete's powers?
The Parker brothers should stay. Miguel gets a pass due to being a future-hero. Others should fuck off.

Why would he take up the Spider-man name when Peter isn't dead?

Also, he's Miles and he'll always be Miles until he picks a super-hero name. Spidey's Pete.

We give him the things that bring me back to Pete's comics;

a fantastic harem and rogue's gallery.

He doesn't need to be fixed

I don't see anything wrong with how he is now

>Nerf the Venom Blast into the ground
>build up his own rogues, make most of Peter's off limits
>Have him try to fight more stealthily
>get rid of his grandmother, she's fucking terrible
>change his hero name, 2 Spider-Men is just dumb
>change his costume too, he needs more of his own identity
>make him, Kamala, and Sam actually act like friends instead of co-workers, he's getting there with Kamala but Sam is still suffering alone
>Fire Bendis

Remember back when Hulk was the personification of repressed rage, and he wasn't a fucking russian doll of hulks within hulks, and there wasn't a fucking rainbow of different hulks?

I miss those days.

>tfw in this pc-era we can't have the Black Spider

Legit decent name.

Make him fuck Kamala right in front of Sam

This, totally agree, we need this happening asap.

delet this

>Nah, he's Spider Man

What's even the point? Having this man Spider-Men just defeats the purpose of having him in general. Being Spider-Man literally means nothing now.

>Fuck off.

Okay, so now you're just pissed I slandered your husbando.

Black Spider would have worked to because of his costume. He could be the new Turantula though.

>After the Civil War ends and they're all separated against each other, Sam finally tells Kamala he's in love with her
>She's taken aback and doesn't respond immediately, even though she kinda feels the same
>He takes that pause as a 'no' and says something stupid out of rage
>Kamala's taken aback and calls him a jerk
>He burst to the moon to cry for a while
>Finally decides to see her and apologize for everything
>Goes to her house and founds her scewing with Miles on the couch
>Throws himself in a black hole
>She was actually thinking of him

Would buy / 10

Everything seems to be leading to this.

That is not even the least bit true.

Kill Peter. Leave him dead for at least five years. Have Miles struggle with living up to him like Wally West did after Barry died.

Maybe also give his banter a bit different tone somehow, and make his personal life NOT a shitshow, and give him a few of his own villains?

I don't follow Marvel much. Can anybody tell me if this would do it?

You mean that every single comic starring this 3 isn't going in the "Sam'll keep suffering and Miles and Kamala will end up together" direction? Then I should read them again, 'cause that's what I see.

Sorry, I misunderstood your post.

Nerf the electric attack

Give Miles more hobbies or passions

Learn more about urban Black culture. Or just as Coates for tips

It was written as fuck 'cause I'm kind of drunk, so no problem.

>Kill Peter. Leave him dead for at least five years

Miles has been there and done that in 1610, it starting to get stale fast. Giving him his own villains would be the logical step in the right direction. The only way to go with Miles now is to separate him from Peter's legacy as much as possible. He's gonna get buried in 616 if he's continually refereed to as "the black Spider-Man" and always gets Peter's sloppy seconds. In fact, make him have a massive fall out with Peter over something big, which results in him denouncing the Spider-Man name and picking up a new identity.

>Nerf the venom blast.

Actually, Having him to being the most powerful spider-man should be part of his character. He should fight magic users and forgotten FF4 villains or villains that even spider-man can't handle himself. Thus giving him the name "The ultimate spider-man".

Why would it not work when it worked with The Flash?

Just kill him or make him into what Spider-Man used to be in the 60s and 70s and give all the serious storylines to Peter

>How do fix him

He's already got a lot that works, but writers don't usually know what works and what doesn't, so they lose track at some point and the story falls apart.

I think the more down to Earth stories fit him better; like when had some moral reservations about his uncle and didn't know how to handle it. Then he had stories where he joined the big leagues, Avengers, had a nova burst ability, and his girlfriend was hydra and I'm not sure half of that worked.

Ultimate Spider-man also worked best when the story felt more normal and down to Earth compared to 616 Spider-man I think. Sure it had its moments when big shit happened, but once it started dropping the old human cast in favor of super human types full time, you knew it was going into a strange place.

Where USM fell apart is probably right after Ultimatum, when he started rooming with Johnny and Iceman. They're good as occasionally showing up characters, but not as much full time. It just pushed the old plots and old plot threads out of the way and lost a bit of the old feeling.

Miles Morales story is similar, I feel certain parts of his story have a lot of potential, but it loses focus at times and starts to go in an odd way. I could probably give a more coherent answer for this if I reread all his stories and got a feeling for which parts I didn't feel worked, and which ones did.

Do you think people would be legit upset if Miles was basically like Peter's sidekick now?

I don't mean like "Holy metal islands, Batman!" and "Old Chum!" style sidekick but more like how Superman and Superboy worked back when Superboy was first introduced.

just send him to outer space

Flash worked because it had an incredibly popular cartoon out around the time which brought in more fans, since before that people didn't really know who the fuck Barry was. It's gonna be the same thing with Captain Marvel. People will assume Carol was the best simply because she got a movie first.

I don't think many people would mind. besides Bendis

I actually agree with you that it wouldn't work but you know Wally became The Flash in the late 80's, right? Justice League debuted in 2001.

Yeah, probably. Spiderman has been in so many teams, seeing him as a guardian of the galaxy mite b coll

He could be Nova's pal in outer space. It could work on so many levels...