I know that adventure time hasn't been making episodes, but does anyone wanna talk about the show? It's been so long

I know that adventure time hasn't been making episodes, but does anyone wanna talk about the show? It's been so long.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3bwZ7vYD0Zo
youtube.com/watch?v=UMJm_97QXHA
youtube.com/watch?v=Pg5BLMQxKFY
i.imgur.com/CqQ8qZe.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Show is shit now. Has been for a while.

Not much to discuss.

I still love Adventure Time to death. I know it's kind of popular to shit on it for trying to be too adult, but I think it does it very well.

The show got too much into randumb shit and didn't develop characters that needed development.

I do, I just watched Musical Hole an hour ago. What the shit was that? Marcy's song was great and I like that hole's song too but otherwise that episode was completely crap.

What the rest of Sup Forums's reaction to it?

I want more raggedy princess development.

Generally lukewarm, I think most people rated it around 5-6 in the talkback thread. I thought it was okay, I liked the songs but not much else was really notable.

I've always hated the endings of episodes.

the last episode had finn falling in love with a hole, a literal hole in the ground
somehow they made him more pathetic than the time he fell in love with a bee

they need to stop shitting on the main character. they give the lesbos more powers and shit each episode but the creators just keep shitting on finn.

It is the most influential cartoon of the past 10 years

prove me wrong

I'm so sick of Finns relationships being shit and him not getting any kind of platonic friends. He's just gonna murder jake, and wear his skin while he kills the rest of Ooo at this point

But he didn't fall in love with the hole, they just bonded
And the plot of Breezy was that the bee fell in love with him but he didn't feel the same way on account of her being a bee, did you even watch the episodes?

Okay even now people are shitting so let me explain why it's at least high quality even if you don't like the actual content of the show.

What makes this show great is how it grows with it's viewers. When the show started, Finn was 12, and it was a 12-year-old's show. Season one was a kid's show through and through. No plot, just butt jokes.

Finn is 17 now. In the past five years Finn has dealt with shit a 17-year-old would deal with, we basically watched him go through puberty. He fucking lost his virginity. It's relatable because if you started watching the show when you were 12, you would be dealing with the same stuff, growing with the show and character.

Everyone says it's bad now, but I still like it very much. Though, I do hope we've passed the halfway point by now. If it surpasses 10 seasons, it'll be shit. I mean, look at SpongeBob.

Stopped watching after "Stakes".
Did anything interesting happen?

The last episode aired like two weeks ago, though. The next one airs on Thursday.

That being said, I've been enjoying most of this season so far. It's been a few boring episodes spread throughout, but most of them have been good. Best one's of the season so far imho are Hall of Egress, Flute Spell, I Am A Sword and Normal Man. All the old writers on the show have been really good this season, even Xayaphone has been putting out good episodes regularly. The bad part is that there are only really two good new writers on the show at the moment, Hanna K and Sam Alden.

Huntress Wizard had a major part in an episode, it's worth watching for that reason alone.

It was the only episode where I would say it was a bit up its own ass. I know it was an episode about Finn and his depressed state over losing his sword-self, which was like two episodes ago, but I feel like they could have executed that ending better, and it jut made the whole episode kind of shallow.
Most of the reaction was kind of the same, if I recall, but still some people liked it.
Personally, it was just a bad episode when compared to what we've gotten with the rest of the season, going right back into the kind of stuff from Season 6 that people didn't like.

I really want more development on Raggedy princess, I feel like she'd be really interesting.

We all do user, just like huntress wizard

>Adventure Time - Daddy Daughter Card Wars (Sneak Peek)
youtube.com/watch?v=3bwZ7vYD0Zo
>Jake and Charlie team up to win a Card Wars competition.

>It airs Thursday, July 7th at 7:30/6:30C on Cartoon Network.

I wanna see her kingdom.

I actually did start watching when I was 12-13. I loved it until now. I still do.

Every episode feels the same. It's devoid of life. Too depressing to watch.

lel

Marcy's song is youtube.com/watch?v=UMJm_97QXHA

Hole song is youtube.com/watch?v=Pg5BLMQxKFY

Just in case you were curious or wanted to listen to full versions.

i.imgur.com/CqQ8qZe.jpg

Best Girl Time?

Stopped watching in Season 5 when it went down the shitter, but there's been a few episodes I've liked such as Lemonhope.

You have correct taste, friend.
Speaking of Canyon, when will we see her again? It's been a while since Mama Said, but it was even longer between Billy's Bucket List and that episode.

I get this argument but I don't really get why that means I should give the show a pass for being shitty.

Like, oh man the main character and show's themes are maturing with its main viewerbase, neat, but if that results in them making episodes of a shitty quality then that's not worth it. If that's how they're looking at things then it's really weird that the show creators wanna sacrifice entertainment value and just "being a good show" up for trying to pursue mature themes. I doubt the audience cares that much aside from people on Reddit and AV Club who jerk off over it whenever it uses a metaphor.

And I still like the show and think season 7 was mostly really good, but using that reasoning is weird to me. If this is how things would have turned out I would have preferred them to stick to the goofy hijinks that they could pull off perfectly in the past instead of this confusing mish mash they're working with now.

Not that user, but I think it's more of an argument that if you grew up with the show, you'd have more enjoyment with it. I was 12 when the show started, but I didn't really follow it that closely until season 4, when I was 14. And because of this, the show always felt relatable to me, at any given time. I was 16 when season 6 started airing, and I thought it was really cool then that the show was going all existential and "deep" and other bullshit, and really liked the episodes at the time, but looking back on it I absolutely understand the criticism it gets, because it gets really pretentious with it's philosophical stuff.

I'm just saying that if you were born in around 96-98 and have followed the show for a long time, you might've enjoyed the "worse" parts more than older people did.

I still like it, but it's really lost steam. There are great episodes, but there are weaker ones, and the huge hiatuses annoy me to no end. If we talk storylines, the comic is better.

I caught up with the last two seasons and honestly...

Its not even Adventure Time anymore. Its something boring and depressing and clingy.

I shouldn't have bothered catching up

Although Season 7 has been a substantial improvement, it does not change the fact that the damage was done.

The show is one of many offenders who suck up to the Status Quo is God trope by screwing over any changes made, whenever they're good or bad for the show.

Seasons 5-6 were hardly funny and were very pretentious with it's philosophy, and to be honest, completely wasted my time. Hats to you if you are able to cling on to any positives from those two seasons.

Like most long-running shows, the quality can drastically drop, as the show's main head stepped down around Season 5. Plus, the characters have experienced some rather unpleasant Flanderization.

1998fag here. Dislike S5.2 onwards but S7 is a huge step up from 6.

Doesn't that just mean it's partly nostalgia? Even looking at it objectively or as much as we could get from a subjective take, the show was great and now we all at some point felt like the show took a dive for the worse. I personally love it still, love the characters, love the world. But the show just sucks sometimes, and it took the penalty for that.

yeah.. best girl

So you have to be an underage 2000s shitter to like AT. Got it, now the shit fanbase makes sense to me.

Yeah, I totally see where you're coming from. I personally like the whole run of the show but I can definitely see why you wouldn't.

I guess it was less an argument for giving it a pass and more to try and express that isn't just some inspirationless shit like a lot of other shows.

Like it or not, there's a reason it's popular, and that reason is that it's well written for what it is. The problem that a lot of people have with it, I assume, lies with that. What the show is trying to be at it's core. And I wouldn't expect everyone in the world to like it. It can be annoying sometimes.