Why does the new Death Note netflix film look like shit?

why do they always put sjw and anti white male propaganda into movies nowadays. they change light yagami, a high class asshole, into some white male school shooter type along the lines of Kylo Ren.

Light Turner
> incel school shooter
> white male
> edgy and weak chinned ugly dude
> sociopathic

Haven't we already had enough villianous depictions of white males?

Also

L
>asian dude in og adaptation
> black dude in netflix adaptation

fuck Jewwood

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_manga
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When was the last time the West made a good live action anime adaptation?

I don't give a shit if the actor is black as long as he can act out his character. There's literally no reason to care other than jumping on the anti sjw bandwagon.

Let me think....

never?

L was from the UK so the japs didn't get it right in their live-action movie either.

im just concerned about light. thats all

Light Yagami came off as truly fucked up and evil dude with Good intentions in the OG anime

Light Turner screams wannabe villain incel type kind of like Kylo Ren from Force Awakens

>netflix
Answered your own question, sport.

netflix isnt that bad. the early seasons of HOC was good and narcos was cool. didnt really like the rest of the Netflix made TV shows.

>liking anime
You don't deserve to be a white male

Kylo was a good character. Kylo was the ONLY good character in TFA.

>he thinks anime adaptions have to be true to the race
fucking kek, from a shitty genre full of cat people, gingers, purple eyed, and racially ambiguous characters, why should it matter? Obviously this doesn't take place in Japan anymore so it's irrelevant to bitch about their race. It looks like dogshit though.

>WAAAHHH my japanese cartoon character isn't the right color!!!!

Fuck off vagina boy.

It needed to be a series. How the fuck are they going to get character interactions right and lay down even half of what is in the good half of the manga in a sub 2 hour movie?

>muh anti-white propaganda
Do you expect them all to be japanese in an adaptation? What's wrong with L being black?

whites should be represented as good looking rather than a numale incel like nat wolfff

The appearance of a character is not the same thing as the stated nationality and race of a character, so race isn't irrelevant when casting.

But yes, when the story is changed to fit another setting (like America) then it doesn't matter anymore.

>blackwashed L
it's shit

Speed Racer

>Sup Forums defending black L
I never thought I would see the day. See, we can all get along white men of 4c. Our skin color is just that, a color.

I hate how they changed Light, hes suppose to be a poster child the fucking 1 guy you dont believe would go shoot and kill everyone. Instead we get this fucking edgy teenager that seems like hes gonna explode at any second and come back to uni shooting everyone.

Fuck hollywood

>anime

Wew, I was afraid this subject actually mattered, for a second there.

We get Qualley tits so it's not all bad

Why? Most white people are ugly as fuck.

>inb4 you attack another race or put whites on a pedestal as a defense

Okcupid stats aren't a defense either buddy lmao.

All they had to do is make Light a highly intelligent Chad. He should be squeaky clean and initially have his morality and ethics perfectly down. L is the emo autismo.

>like shit

It looks...incredibly average. Neither offensively bad nor great, I don't see why you fags are determined to make a big issue out of it

Above all else, it's because live action anime is literally always trash.

There's literally numerous examples of this not being the case, it's just that you've never heard of any of them.

Name 5.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_manga

You just aren't aware of how many of these things exist. It's not just Hollywood and some internationally high profile Japanese adaptations.

I said name 5 good ones. I've probably seen them, or heard of them, and will refute you if i deem them not good.

In my experience, they're literally always trash. And the ones most people think aren't trash are just trash but you cant understand the language so you think it isn't trash.

>Above all else, it's because anime is literally always trash.
ftfy

>I said name 5 good ones.
You've already pre-determined that any answer I give, no matter what it is, is necessarily wrong. You're emotionally invested in the dogma that all live action adaptations of manga/anime must be bad.

Nah, if i haven't seen it i'll probably watch it, and if i have seen it, but deem it trash i'll tell you, if i have seen it, but have forgotten about it until you bring it up and i remember that yes i have indeed seen a good live action anime adaption i will rescind my post about them all being trash and shall henceforth adjust all future shitposting about live action anime to proclaim that all live action anime is trash EXCEPT any and all examples you or others provide to me in this thread.

Then that means everything is literally tash.

If you actually had such an interest in the topic then you'd have already seen many of these movies and realized that not every live action version of manga/anime is Dragon Ball. But you don't have an actual interest or any knowledge on the topic, you only have dogma.

>If you actually had such an interest in the topic then you'd have already seen many of these movies

I have, that list you linked (discounting the actual Anime) i've seen roughly 70% of, including shitty VHS Bootlegs of the 3 ai to makoto live actions and the half dozen Lone Wolf films back in the 90s, in my experience, they are all trash.

I would legitimately love to be proven wrong.

>Light looks like Ed Miliband

He's meant to be an autistic Chad in the manga

>I have
No you haven't.

Just stop.

The fact you can't even shit out 5 names for the sake of argument is a better refutation of your stance than i could ever hope to deliver, so thanks i guess.

I wish i was capable of enjoying trash just because the language is different.

>The fact you can't even shit out 5 names for the sake of argument
I already told you:
>You've already pre-determined that any answer I give, no matter what it is, is necessarily wrong. You're emotionally invested in the dogma that all live action adaptations of manga/anime must be bad.

yeah they changed stuff which isn't too bad as they need to fit it into a single movie, that shot is pretty shit too like the makeup is supposed to look tired/haggard after being up for days writing in the notebook but it just looks kinda bad.
Ryuk looks good though and I'm keen to see what it turns out to be

And i've told you i'm not. I can see redeeming qualities or positive aspects, but the sum total of every live action anime film i personally have ever encountered has been negative, in literally every instance, and as someone who enjoys anime to the point where i would pay like 30 bucks as a teenager to bootleg shitty live action films, i want to be proven wrong in my assertion that all live action anime is trash. I've literally been watching Anime since the fucking 80s and never encountered a good live action adaption, and you're just being a sycophantic weeb, refusing to believe that a rational film viewer finds your tastes incompatible with their own.

How about this. You post the 5 (or any number you find high quality), and i don't respond, at all.

I go off and watch what i haven't seen, disagree with you silently on what i have (assuming there isn't a film i've seen and forgotten that wasn't shit), and hopefully the both of us come away from this all with a fresh perspective and respect for fellow channers being able to sort out their disagreements?

How long are you going to keep this up? I know exactly what you're about and you will not somehow fool me no matter how many posts you make.

I'm probably done after this since you seem pretty set in your belief, but i'm keeping it up because i'm genuinely interested in finding a good adaption, like i said, i love Anime, just never encountered a good adaption and it would be interesting to see a good one.

I hope you don't stick with all your assumptions on people based on hyperbolic shitposting on a cantonese yak breeding sub-forum this hard, otherwise your life is gonna fucking suck.

Just know i'm being 100% genuine about wanting to see some good ones, and as someone who seems so fervent in his belief that they're all great, you'd be the one to help me out.

>you seem pretty set in your belief,
No, that's you.

> Rapid fire response to the first sentence without reading everything else.

Whatever man. Have a good one.

There's no reason to bother reading it.

Atleast i'm willing to be shown new live action anime changes my mind.

Your entire thought process is just the most bitter assumption possible.

>Why does (...) netflix film look like shit?

I don't know, it's a real mystery!

Reminder that if you get mad about a superficial change in an adaption, then you have a superficial understanding of why you like the original, and are a pleb.

>Atleast i'm willing to be shown new live action anime changes my mind.

>Your entire thought process is just the most bitter assumption possible.
No, that's you.

Why are you still here?

>Atleast i'm willing to be shown new live action anime changes my mind.
No you're not.

I like the Yous and i'm bored.

Also 20+ years and never encountering a single live action Anime adaption i've enjoyed on the whole is my thought process.

>I like the Yous
Oh, so you admit you're just trolling and were never serious to begin with.

Nevermind then.

western adaptation of anime should be baned

Nope, i stand by my original statement, made wholly, unironically and with no malicious intent.

As to why i'm STILL here however, yeah chalk it up to trolling.

Because anime doesn't translate well into live action especially if the jews doing the adaptation go full SJW.

Protip: once you've been caught trolling you should not stick around and defend yourself and try to convince people that you aren't actually trolling.

A lot of manga/anime translates well to live action.

> caught

I directly stated. And only in reference to dragging my responses out for you and you alone.

Yeah whatever.

>Anime Light:
Super smart, athletic, objectivist 'Golden Boy'.

>TV Light
Dylann Roof

I hope you one day come to the realization that everyone on the internet who posts something you disagree with isn't some scheming machiavelli trying to lay some rage enducing snafu to capture young souls such as yourself and that some people just have different tastes and opinions on stuff.

>movie set in chicago
>dude why are there black characters in it

Jesus christ you're STILL here? Do you seriously think you're somehow going to salvage this situation?

>using the feral fauna of Chicago in your movie

Bold

Nope. But i like getting the continued, ever more strained responses out of the kind of person you portray yourself to be in this thread.

I'm not portraying anything, and it's obvious that at this point you're just desperately attempting to somehow salvage the situation.

Don't fuckin' kid yourself. Speed Racer was horrible and it's only good quality was the visuals.

The only thing that really bothers me is what OP says about Light, he's supposed to be the perfect student, perfect son, the last guy you'd expect to pull off something like a mass murderer, why do they make him look like a school shooter lunatic? It just seems really stupid.

>I'm not portraying anything

Yes you are. You see through the lies of the viscous trolls of the world, and prove it by picking apart their nefarious schemes with constant responses to people you believe are here only for the purpose of garnering responses.

it looks good unless you're a dumbass weeb trying to force yourself think it looks bad because its not like muh anime

I'm not sure there are people like L who are black. Also wearing all of that black eye makeup when one is already black would be pointless.

You admitted you are a troll.

>Millenniscum desperately trying to justify his netflix subscription.
None of these cable cutter originals have proven themselves worthy enough to put actual greenbacks down for, but the reddit generation keeps pushing them.

>at work
>talking to my friend in the deli department
>I start complaining about the new Netflix Death Note series
>and L IS A BLACK DUDE, DISGUSTING
>look around and there's a black customer
>he shakes his head

I didn't get fired so that's good desu

Only in regards to the constant responses you keep churning out.

I'm 100% legitimate in my desire for and stated distaste of live action anime adaptions and i entered this thread to simply assert that this particular adaption being bad because X,Y,Z reasons is ancilliary to the fact all live action anime (regardless of XYZ) i've encountered in my life has been shit.

You (assuming you're the original responder) proceeded to just shit out a list of every single one ever produced (the majority of which i've seen and disliked) and call me a troll for simply stating my opinion (as well as an earnest request to be disproven), this then sequed into continued responses to which i respond, because i like watching the kind of person who thinks everyone who disagrees / posts inflammatory hyperbole is a troll respond incessantly despite the thought that they are here only for replies.

You admitted you are a troll. Now you are backpedaling and desperately running damage control. Pathetic.

I'm going to guess the whole point of American deathnote is to shift blame on white school shooters away from dangerous POC particularly black criminals. The white male school shooter is a very tiny problem especially when compared to black criminality, but leftists want to pervert public perception and make one think the opposite. These are the same people who think terrorism is not a real issue and trump is more of a threat than radical islam. The whole point is pitting good guy BLACK L against the real problem with America, according to Leftists, WHITE MALE school shooter Light.

Nope. Just like seeing you tread water with these petty responses.

You can stop replying to yourself now in order to divert attention away from the topic or to slide the thread. We get it nu/tv/ hates anything remotely Sup Forums

How does responding to the thread slide it?

No, you are damage controlling.

What was the best live-action adaptation of an anime and why is it pic related?
In fact, it's so good that many people in Asia know of this even if they haven't heard of the anime from which this was based on.

(It's a Taiwanese live-action remake of an anime called Hana Yori Dango, it also had a Korean remake under the title Boys Over Flowers)

How so? How does constantly responding to you control the 'damage' of my post?

Because he is super intelligent

And here it is once again: the meme that when there is an argument on Sup Forums it has to be one person replying to himself. I have not even the faintest idea how people came up with this and convinced others to believe in it too.

It doesn't, but you're doing it anyway.

Is it a film or a tv series?

TV series.

>It doesn't, but you're doing it anyway.

Or, occams razor, i'm just doing what i stated im doing for the reasons i stated.

Ty i'll check it out, know any good torrents?

>asian dude in og adaptation
L passes for a jap in the manga. He's not white.

You're damage controlling.

How?

I can't find good torrents anywhere.
Not even on the bay.
But if all else fails, maybe it's on KissAsian but again, I'm not sure.

By pretending that you weren't trolling all along.

I'll keep an eye out.

No pretense there. Just your assumption that someone who disagrees with you MUST do so because hes a troll, because you are infallible.

Edge of Tomorrow is the only known instance

You create enough of an off-topic brouhaha the mods will archive or delete it. Otherwise you fill the thread with enough posts so it can't be bumped and people who want to talk about the topic at hand can't.

You ADMITTED that you are a troll.

Jesus fucking Christ.